Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Lost Sock Evolution - Automated (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=732117)

Magix Feb 9, 2018 6:29pm | Post# 41

Well, I was going to start this post differently but Happy Birthday! May you live long and prosper in great health, I would have sang but no need to scare anyone away, eyh? ))) While sifting through the "My order' trades I just discovered several "Lost Sock" ones..... interesting. What are they for? How did they get lost? And who's going to tumble dry them off? EA is in 14$ profit, DD was at one time 25$, still don't have a dedicated demo account for it and I switched to 5 Pip Brick size as the 1 Pip was killing my PC. I was watching the...
Dude,
With each passing year, I come to appreciate the following even more!
Sing like no one is listening.
Love like you’ve never been hurt.
Dance like nobody’s watching,
and live like it’s heaven on earth.

Short, fat and bald!

Besides being average at pretty much all physical attributes, those have been my "redeeming qualities"!

Over the last year, I've dropped 70 LBS.
Went from "Couldn't do 3 push-ups" to "I do 120 per day".

As an old fart, with the most beautiful grandaughter ever in my life, I have come to appreciate that we are more than what we think others see in us.

She is my inspiration...
==================================

Onward HO!

The triggering is based on time, space, direction and counter direction. It was originally written for an M1 chart in the predecessor versions...if it makes no sense now as applied to renko, that's understandable.

Whenever I go through any idea - Charting Wise - I try to think of the patterns to my immediate logic. Fast and Furious!
Applying range or renko or even different time frames, doesn't always come into effect.

So...to look at anything out of context and try to make sense, will never make sense.

Now...

That being said, I think subsequent version(s) will be a lot more applicable to anything and everything outside of my standard logic.
Movement is movement and focusing on THAT is what I have been missing.

No promises...of course...but I believe that, after the Birthday beers of this weekend fade, I will be able to throw something together to have a lot more of it make sense in all relevant views.

From here and as applied to your PC resources...

TMA + CG is a HUGE and HEAVY indicator.

Remove that fucker from your charts, any and all, and you will drastically remove the strain on your PC.

M

Magix Feb 11, 2018 9:54am | Post# 42

Revolution written and ready to start testing this week...

Will verify triggering before release.

Was a lot of beer consumed this weekend...A LOT!

aaven Feb 11, 2018 10:13am | Post# 43

Revolution written and ready to start testing this week... Will verify triggering before release. Was a lot of beer consumed this weekend...A LOT!
Belated Wishes Magix...

I thought you were a youngun based on the spunk of your posts...

A Grand Daughter, eh....

Looks like a life well lived...

Magix Feb 11, 2018 11:26am | Post# 44

{quote} Belated Wishes Magix... I thought you were a youngun based on the spunk of your posts... A Grand Daughter, eh.... Looks like a life well lived...

Thanks dude...

Not belated at all - Today is my actual birthday, but not going to fault anybody for being early.

We are only as old as others tell us we look...or as old as we feel - you pick!

Today, I don't feel my age and after removing a buttload of snow from the drive...going to kick back with a cold beer - 9:30 am my time!

Got to be 5:00 somewhere??

bluejack Feb 11, 2018 11:29am | Post# 45

Happy Birthday Magix..!!

iamsovereign Feb 11, 2018 11:33am | Post# 46

Happy Birthday Magix

Aquarius oh yaaa

Hope you have many more and prosper and most important good health
No wealth Without health.

Magix Feb 11, 2018 11:38am | Post# 47

Happy Birthday Magix..!!
BLUEJACK!!

How the fuck ya been, brother?

Magix Feb 11, 2018 11:38am | Post# 48

Happy Birthday Magix Aquarius oh yaaa Hope you have many more and prosper and most important good health No wealth Without health.

\m/

bluejack Feb 11, 2018 11:59am | Post# 49

{quote} BLUEJACK!! How the fuck ya been, brother?
trying to hold on to trading.. Invested almost a decade into this and I am not gonna give up. How are you doing Brother? glad to hear that you lost 70Lbs and does push-ups like Bruce Lee..

bgntrs Feb 11, 2018 12:10pm | Post# 50

hi magix bro, hope your good

good to see you back, its been a while since falling knives!

just had a question in regards to these systems. obviously a big problem is strong trends and large DD and obviously you're aware of that as well as others who code these EA's. My question is, how come no one seems to have implemented good hedge functions into these programs in case you do become a victim of a strong trend? Is it because of US rules that don't allow it?

Magix Feb 11, 2018 12:10pm | Post# 51

{quote} trying to hold on to trading.. Invested almost a decade into this and I am not gonna give up. How are you doing Brother? glad to hear that you lost 70Lbs and does push-ups like Bruce Lee..

I'm feeling ya on the trading thing.

Love this FUCKING GAME!!

Not quite like Bruce Lee...but getting better.

Goal is to do 100 regular and 100 raised...trying to be as handsome as I can be.

Since I was sick a few years back, I've spent copious amounts of time to studying the human anatomy, diets, body, muscles, supplements...fascinating shit!

Self cured my issues...started feeling better...actually in the best shape of my life!

And can still HAMMER BACK THE BEER!

Magix Feb 11, 2018 12:21pm | Post# 52

hi magix bro, hope your good good to see you back, its been a while since falling knives! just had a question in regards to these systems. obviously a big problem is strong trends and large DD and obviously you're aware of that as well as others who code these EA's. My question is, how come no one seems to have implemented good hedge functions into these programs in case you do become a victim of a strong trend? Is it because of US rules that don't allow it?
Hey Bgntrs, nice to see you still around!
&&
Great Question, dude!

I've worked on many ideas around the hedging concept, but all have come up short!

The "Drag the Dead" was probably the most creative I got on this front, but even with that, it requires a fucking HUGE account and significant amounts of trades that can exceed the MT4 threshold to fully work out.

The issue is...it's hard to actually identify when the trend will kick in full stop...most of the market is chop.

That being said...keeping to the right side and profiting bi-directionally - as Lost Socks Does - while chipping away at the worst positions in countertrending, observing trend weakness, has been distinctly better than all predecessors and much the reason that I am working with Voldermars Core Code. His Code is SOLID, just the initial triggering logic was not that good.

Modifications allow me to set the primarys in trend, follow trend and hold off on triggering when the trend changes until there is directional weakness.

I have added a BASE trend filter to the existing trader and have tightened up on the primary triggering.
Additionally, it is still a TRIGGER ON TREND trader - meaning that it doesn't just observe the standard grid, but also waits for a directional bias.
AND
What we know about market is...when the trend changes, there's always a chance for escape - unless buying absolute tops and selling absolute bottoms.

What I've done to help eliminate the risk on these is set in an OBOS filter.

So...what we have is a Trend following Grid that waits for opportunity, recognizes market weakness, will cost average in appropriately, close out the worst position when others are in profit and has multiple closing logic to maximize all.

Truly, this is the sum of all of my best ideas compiled into a kick-ass core!

The new mods will need to be tested properly because by minimizing risk and throttling back on aggression I know that it will limit profitability, but I also want to make sure that it still has the ability to be as effective in cost averaging out the losers.

Make sense?

Magix Feb 11, 2018 12:34pm | Post# 53

All this being said...

And as much as I encourage others to "NOT SHOW ME BACKTEST REPORTS", I have been watching the trading logic work through on these and have had a few bug fixes...

No, I don't consider the backtest reports - especially as applicable to what they show in an equity curve to be accurate - I have loosened up on the "In-Trend" triggers after tightening them - based on equity reports - and have Tightened up on the "Trend Weakness" Cost Averaging - again based on equity reports.

Thing is...

When I first started all of this learning to code shit...I had worked with a number of ideas - Primary and Still Standing today - Trigger on Grid.

I THREW AWAY a lot of ideas, based on their failures in the Backtest reports in MT4 and was honestly ready to Throw in the Towel on this whole EA BULLSHIT!!

If wasn't for member - Darkforce - Doubling a LIVE 10K account with one of my codes, I would have given this shit up - YEARS AGO!!

It's still hobby and I still churn some cash from this, but the idea is to make a better mouse trap.

Create an EA that can be effective and consistent, while requiring a lot less capital than 10K in.

The bulk of my initial accounts were $10K, dropped to $5k, then to $3K and now I believe that I can show and produce effective and consistent growth with Under $2.

Why?

I'd rather have 5 accounts with different brokers churning bank than to have all eggs in one basket with a lot of risk...

It's a thing....

bgntrs Feb 11, 2018 12:38pm | Post# 54

{quote} Hey Bgntrs, nice to see you still around! && Great Question, dude! I've worked on many ideas around the hedging concept, but all have come up short! The "Drag the Dead" was probably the most creative I got on this front, but even with that, it requires a fucking HUGE account and significant amounts of trades that can exceed the MT4 threshold to fully work out. The issue is...it's hard to actually identify when the trend will kick in full stop...most of the market is chop. That being said...keeping to the right side and profiting bi-directionally...
totally makes sense dude.

I have to say your EAs are pretty awesome. I remember running one of your lost sock versions probably around a year ago and was amazed then even at the cost averaging, trigger prevention in strong trends etc. Although we would have a bit of DD, it recovered every time! Even if took some days, it still recovered never the less.

I've been looking at what ideas others have in regards to hedging when a strong trend comes along. tbh, most of them are crap. lol.

With your EA, with a big enough starting capital, a hedge isn't really needed thanks to the amazing way it works.

I guess what makes me weary and most others is the DD. I guess a hedging implementation would allow people to sleep a little easier. I do have a detailed hedging idea btw, if you're interested drop me your email I can send it over.

Looking forward to playing with the latest version of lost socks!

Magix Feb 11, 2018 12:41pm | Post# 55

Bottom line...

There will most definitely be a few versions of REVOLUTION before I have a final.

I am somewhat limited to capacity in that I still need to shake a few personal shekkles to keep this shit viable, meaning I have to keep my live accounts running as well as the testers.

I do have a few version that I run and won't release because of the general NEWBIE ignorance.

A lot of time is committed to when to trade and when not to...a lot of ideas have been compiled and are running that can't be the 24/7 or just turned off and on when you think...it's a pretty big deal and as best as I can, don't always get it right and end up chewing off an arm to save the body.

Will test and progress.

Magix Feb 11, 2018 12:48pm | Post# 56

{quote} I guess what makes me weary and most others is the DD. I guess a hedging implementation would allow people to sleep a little easier. I do have a detailed hedging idea btw, if you're interested drop me your email I can send it over.

I may take you up on this.

Biggest considerations are;
1. We reduce the risk to a Blue Moon Trader - and scarcely profit - no fun in that.
2. We create something that limits the number of pairs by having too many trades on multiple pairs - much the issue with the "Drag the Dead".

Maybe I should be crowdfunding this shit to help me progress...

bgntrs Feb 11, 2018 12:55pm | Post# 57

{quote} I may take you up on this. Biggest considerations are; 1. We reduce the risk to a Blue Moon Trader - and scarcely profit - no fun in that. 2. We create something that limits the number of pairs by having too many trades on multiple pairs - much the issue with the "Drag the Dead". Maybe I should be crowdfunding this shit to help me progress...
You'll be amazed with some of the hilarious crowdfunding campaigns out there. A robot that makes you money is worth a try...

Magix Feb 11, 2018 1:08pm | Post# 58

{quote} You'll be amazed with some of the hilarious crowdfunding campaigns out there. A robot that makes you money is worth a try...
Fuck!

I Should crowdfund off the posted version then!

LOL!!

$250/wk on a $2k account...

Definitely not selling off another version...got burned huge on the last one...don't even want to talk about it!

ficibald Feb 11, 2018 1:29pm | Post# 59

{quote} Fuck! I Should crowdfund off the posted version then! LOL!! $250/wk on a $2k account... Definitely not selling off another version...got burned huge on the last one...don't even want to talk about it!
Happy birthday. I dont understand this fucking method.But I will try this EA because I like fucking idea of it. I also dont understand idea

Magix Feb 11, 2018 1:34pm | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Happy birthday. I dont understand this fucking method.But I will try this EA because I like fucking idea of it. I also dont understand idea
Subscribed to you, dude!!
Name:  JN.gif
Views: 714
Size:  105 KB

© Forex Factory