Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Verbal diarrhea matches trading skills? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=723914)

murena80 Nov 11, 2018 6:28pm | Post# 781

Who's still in the race besides the last posters?
I'm still in since January...let's see for Xmas..

VEEFX Nov 11, 2018 7:37pm | Post# 782

{image}Quick update; my target of 100% for the year 2018 has been achieved today ))))))))))))))) Since begining of 2018; no withdrawal or deposit have been made. Hopefully the year will end with much higher return. My new target is perhaps around 130% by end of year; and will keep it going with NO WITHDRAWALS for 2019. Let's see where this will take me. Will be good if more users post their experience so far for this challenge. You can also join this challenge now; as we still got 2 months till the end of the year. {image}
Nicely done Alphadude. Curious if you have analyzed what went wrong in August?

Also / What is that red line spoke all the way down to 0% ?

alphadude Nov 12, 2018 12:36pm | Post# 783

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nicely done Alphadude. Curious if you have analyzed what went wrong in August? Also / What is that red line spoke all the way down to 0% ?
I have explained what happened in end of August post. I exited all positions manually when it went against me (discipline). I should have left the auto trader do its job. August should have made +4% if I didn't interfere. In the world of automated trading; interfering with the EA is a bad discipline.

regarding the red line; see the chart below; it's the down day of -10% in August.

BTW, I also have a down day of -10% on the first day of trading in 2018. Beginners bad luck!!! however I knew from backtesting results that it was a normal trading loss. so I carried on EA trading. Backtesting gives confidence in times of bad results. It re-assures me that the loss that I encountered is part of the system behavior.
Click to Enlarge

Name: sc_20181112-173341.png
Size: 51 KB

VEEFX Nov 12, 2018 1:54pm | Post# 784

{quote} I have explained what happened in end of August post. I exited all positions manually when it went against me (discipline). I should have left the auto trader do its job. August should have made +4% if I didn't interfere. In the world of automated trading; interfering with the EA is a bad discipline. regarding the red line; see the chart below; it's the down day of -10% in August. BTW, I also have a down day of -10% on the first day of trading in 2018. Beginners...
Thanks man. Good work.keep on sharing your knowledge so others can learn more on Diversificantion techniques via multiple portfolios. I failed in my attempt to run a universally diversified portfolio without intervention in my exit methodology. I gave up on my model due to the time it was requiring of me to monitor and manipulate parameters every week plus I could not figure out certain conditions that would cause drawdown which also required oversigh but at the end I stopped my automation because of equity explosions of 100+% episodes during volatile confluence across 28pairs making my broker puke on me with frequent disconnects of my terminal. I will revisit my model once I relocate out of USA or fund to be my own brokerage. Until then Spot FX is bye bye for me. With adequate capital, same could be done with CME futures so I shall remain hopeful to smoothly transition in futures and swim with the big boys eventually. :-)

emmanuel7788 Dec 31, 2018 9:18pm | Post# 785

2 Attachment(s)
Trade Explorer VDM - TMS Evo 2018 New account open and ready for trading on Monday Jan 08, 2018. Contest will be between only 3 persons - I, me and myself for trading CONSISTENCY in 2018. TE Visibility set to Buddies only. FX Blue will be set up later for those not on my Buddy list. But you can PM me to add you to my white list. {image}
Click to Enlarge

Name: FF TE VDM TMS Evo2018.png
Size: 182 KB

End of year 2018 results.

Trading TMS EVO

Click to Enlarge

Name: VDM TMS Evo 2018.png
Size: 105 KB

barloc Mar 20, 2019 1:56am | Post# 786

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} I made some 30% the previous month +17% carry over into October which is this months profit. 30% this month with some running profits into next month. I started this account being a trigger happy trader on the 15 min but now I have 5 months of work invested into this account so I turned conservative. \I am trading the 4hr now and only trading the best possible scenarios, October was super super slow. {image}

This account has ended, my peak was at 23k balance but the plot twist to this account was that i didnt have a system just a core concept of when to take trades and towards the end I was just experimenting so i decided to restart on another $2k account.

Also I have spent the last months playing with fx futures order flow charts and trying to convert that data into forex scalping.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1112132.jpg
Size: 119 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: dwqdqwedwq.jpg
Size: 178 KB

barloc Apr 1, 2019 6:15am | Post# 787

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} ... i decided to restart on another $2k account.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1212112.jpg
Size: 107 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-06-15_4-29-53.png
Size: 460 KB

emmanuel7788 Apr 2, 2019 4:10am | Post# 788

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} . {image} {image}

great!

I continue with my same account from last year 2018.

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMS EVO SG03 Apr02 02-04-2019 15-02-11.png
Size: 102 KB

Not-KPMG Apr 24, 2019 5:18pm | Post# 789

Losers, monkeys ,..... LOL

{quote} Mover of the week has been the fall in the US dollar. short USDRUB, USDNOK, USDSEK, USDCZK
Short USD????

Yep, no wonder this blabber and generally b... ......er is bancrupted and no longer with us.

Good riddance Ronda.!!!!!

Same as Killer Whale, Yoooohaaaay , other nimwits

TooSlow May 1, 2019 9:35pm | Post# 790

{quote} I have explained what happened in end of August post. I exited all positions manually when it went against me (discipline). I should have left the auto trader do its job. August should have made +4% if I didn't interfere. In the world of automated trading; interfering with the EA is a bad discipline. regarding the red line; see the chart below; it's the down day of -10% in August. BTW, I also have a down day of -10% on the first day of trading in 2018. Beginners...
How is it going now?

emmanuel7788 May 14, 2019 8:06pm | Post# 791

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} MoneyZilla Take this rules, put in post 1 Change / Add as seen fit https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post10603624

Hey Tekkies,

Don't talk only. Just do it.

Now that you have created another new TE on may 14 2019,

post a screenshot of your new TE current status and update us by end of the year 2019.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Tekkies created TE May 14 2019 15-05-2019 07-54-21.png
Size: 217 KB

I did mine in Jan 2018 and Dec 2018... links below.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...0#post10636450

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...0#post11834080

Have fun,

© Forex Factory