Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Gann Analysis (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=72196)

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 9:21pm | Post# 1

Gann Analysis

Tricks from the crypt, time price analysis. Just posting charts. Great learning for those who seek alternative tading style outside the box.

Ego's do not exist inside this practice never have, never will. All insights in this field welcome.

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 9:33pm | Post# 2

5 Attachment(s)
1,4,8,day and week angles for resistance and support
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_22.gif
Size: 87 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_23.gif
Size: 80 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_24.gif
Size: 80 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_25.gif
Size: 72 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_26.gif
Size: 74 KB

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 9:40pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
Current sqaure of 90 applied to 1hr geppy chart price levels time area's and angles as they apply to those 2 functions
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_28.gif
Size: 109 KB

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 9:52pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Mercury is turning point on its celestial equator
Click to Enlarge

Name: mercury  axis cycle.gif
Size: 85 KB

Dat7447 Feb 26, 2008 10:15pm | Post# 5

Orionsway.,
I am totally no knowledge on gann trading method.In this discussion, do you intend to post ur analysis or discuss this method-how to draw,what are their meaning, how gann forecast the price.If only an analysis please direct me to the most suitable article about gann from ur past reading.
Thnks.

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 10:22pm | Post# 6

Dat, this will be mostly charts, its just too complicated to express unless you take the journey through your mind first. There is much literature on this, mostly free if you know where to look. The way one percieves this info is another story, its far beyond the main stream of reality. Everything is derived from the bible and pathagorian math, not a quick fix or instant gratification.
The biggest clue i can give is "wheels within wheels", sorry for the riddle but one truely needs to see such a thing within mind.

Dat7447 Feb 26, 2008 10:28pm | Post# 7

Thanks, this is a harmony of the universe.
keep posting.I take my journey from the beginning then, to see behind those symmetrical line.Wish me luck.

OrionsWay Feb 26, 2008 10:31pm | Post# 8

Amen brotha, thats where we all start

Just watch the angle and price action at them, also the gas pedal used around them.

doing cable yen as well crude gold and few other commodities

Scotty B Feb 26, 2008 11:52pm | Post# 9

Hello friend

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Mr. O. I like your thread already. I saw you using what I would describe as half ellipses over on the auslanco thread. Ever since I saw that on you chart I've been studying the ellipse with Gann. I've made some interesting observations, but can't figure out the significance of it. It sounds to me like you are quite the expert in regards to Gann. Would you expound on the ellipse in relation to Gann? I would appreciate it very much.
I've attached a chart for you to look at with an ellipse I drew following angles that the market made. I notice that the market likes to follow the in or outside edge even several candles into the future; the same thing it does with Gann lines.
Thanks for your time.
Click to Enlarge

Name: elipse.gif
Size: 27 KB

soso Feb 27, 2008 2:33am | Post# 10

Nice charts over there OrionsWay! I myself use Gann in my own analysis, mostly trying to find future reversal points in time.

I trade dailies so I try to nail reversal days, the best vibrations are found in USDJPY followed by GBPUSD, at least out of the pairs that I follow and with the method I use. They should not be traded by themselves but incorporated into a trading system. For example if there is a vibration day and we have a certain price pattern (eg. pin bar ) or a certain s/r level (eg. 50%) then there is a quite high probability of reversal.

On the next level these vibrations are parts of certain time cycles and many times an entire swing ends exactly when these cycles expire, quite powerful information imo.

For future reference I have the following vibrations:
- Cable: Feb 29, March 08 and March 23.
- USDJPY: Feb 28 (or 29)

These are all derived out of the geometric/mathematic part of Gann, what I didn't study is the astro part, after giving several tries I completely gave up, I am just not confotable around astro I guess.

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 6:45am | Post# 11

hey Scotty, iremember u being intrested in the elipses, myself am fairly new to the understanding of the geometry breakdown of the elipses, saucers parabola and arcs. I have seen some pretty outstanding geometry work thoughand can imagine it will be no easy task to learn. I have noticed place just right they cab time things quite accurately (swing reversals) as well as contain price actions path quite strictly. I am learning this process as you, be happy to share my findings

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 6:55am | Post# 12

Soso, great to have a like minded amongst us, fell free to share your developments. Astro is tough stuff, finding its natural flow to a certain pair,stock commod is time consuming. Its like anything and has its natural vibration.

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 6:58am | Post# 13

Being up front i am not a master at this i am still in grade school in the big scheme of things maybe 5 6th grade. W.D was the professor. Post what we know and understand and perhaps we can further develop our precisions of the markets, this is my goal. Ego belongs not within this study IMO

Islander Feb 27, 2008 6:59am | Post# 14

Hi OW - great to see that you've started a dedicated thread - I hope that it will help me to move further along the Gann path.

FYI, the best use I have seen of the ellipse is by a trader called Goldfish in the Wave 59 forum. He overlapped them using the major and minor axes and used them with success on gold and grains.

Regards

Islander

Big Wave Rider Feb 27, 2008 7:00am | Post# 15

I will keep an eye on this thread for your astrological insight
As far as your Gann lines I sure its bound to hit at least one of those lines, *I have not studied this system so I'm not mocking it, just making a joke*

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 7:04am | Post# 16

I will keep an eye on this thread for your astrological insight
As far as your Gann lines I sure its bound to hit at least one of those lines, *I have not studied this system so I'm not mocking it, just making a joke*

HAHAA BW not a problem sooner or later lol

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 7:36am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
A breakdown of this black angle will produce the next smaller one 211 is a key area seems just a matter of time for such a thing
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_36.gif
Size: 104 KB

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 8:46am | Post# 18

2 Attachment(s)
4hr gold begs for renewal of legs if it want to forge ahead, daily tells an exhausting turn to balance coming soon SHORT
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_39.gif
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_40.gif
Size: 96 KB

24HourTrader Feb 27, 2008 8:50am | Post# 19

Great thread! I'll be checking here on a regular basis for sure!

OrionsWay Feb 27, 2008 8:53am | Post# 20

Everything looking like an EOD rally to me

Longs added 11.08 seem to be holding up so far

© Forex Factory