Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   tried 5 trade manager ea's with partial close (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=720866)

grrbear Dec 6, 2017 9:58am | Post# 1

4 Attachment(s)
for some reason partial close will not work no matter what ea i tried. is there an internal setting in mt4 that needs changing? i just want to open a trade and at a certain price half of the trade will be closed and break even is set, leaving the remaining part of the trade open. here are the ones i have tried, quick trailing seems the most straight forward
Multi purpose trade manager updated.mq4
Quik_Trailing.mq4
Stealth_TradeManager_fxtr51_V5.1 EDU.mq4
TrailingWithPartialClose.mq4

Nicholishen Dec 6, 2017 2:18pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
for some reason partial close will not work no matter what ea i tried. is there an internal setting in mt4 that needs changing? i just want to open a trade and at a certain price half of the trade will be closed and break even is set, leaving the remaining part of the trade open. here are the ones i have tried, quick trailing seems the most straight forward {file} {file} {file} {file}
Run this script on a demo at your broker. It should leave you with .5 lot trade after it finishes, otherwise it will alert you with the error.
PartialCloseTestDemo.mq4

grrbear Dec 6, 2017 4:50pm | Post# 3

{quote} Run this script on a demo at your broker. It should leave you with .5 lot trade after it finishes, otherwise it will alert you with the error. {file}
thanks, i was looking for something automated though, where it will close part of the trade at a specified break even setting. it seems none of these ea's partial close functionality works because of mt4 build updates i guess. would be a simple fix? the quick trailing ea that i attached seems the most simple and straight forward if it could be repaired

grrbear Dec 7, 2017 9:49am | Post# 4

bump. i hope someone will pay attention as there is currently no ea for mt4 that will partially close a trade. this is a desirable feature in a trading platform

Nicholishen Dec 7, 2017 11:23am | Post# 5

bump. i hope someone will pay attention as there is currently no ea for mt4 that will partially close a trade. this is a desirable feature in a trading platform
Dude, you said...
for some reason partial close will not work no matter what ea i tried. is there an internal setting in mt4 that needs changing?

I posted a script for you to test to make sure your platform/broker was properly handling partial closes. There's no point begging here when you haven't even completed step number 1.

grrbear Dec 7, 2017 12:23pm | Post# 6

{quote} Dude, you said... {quote} I posted a script for you to test to make sure your platform/broker was properly handling partial closes. There's no point begging here when you haven't even completed step number 1.
i know my broker will close partial orders, however i know only by doing it manually. are you saying this script will make a difference in how my broker handles partial closes?

Price Dec 7, 2017 12:26pm | Post# 7

{quote} i know my broker will close partial orders, however i know only by doing it manually. are you saying this script will make a difference in how my broker handles partial closes?
Ummmm Sir, I think he is saying that you should test the dang thing

grrbear Dec 7, 2017 12:36pm | Post# 8

ok sorry my bad, i tested it and it does not work, however as i just mentioned the partial close works fine when i do it manually

Nicholishen Dec 7, 2017 1:42pm | Post# 9

ok sorry my bad, i tested it and it does not work, however as i just mentioned the partial close works fine when i do it manually
So you ran the script, on a demo, and what was the net position size?

grrbear Dec 7, 2017 4:07pm | Post# 10

{quote} So you ran the script, on a demo, and what was the net position size?
i edited the script in metaeditor to only work with 0.01 and 0.02 lots because the account is only 200. i hope i didn't ruin it

grrbear Dec 7, 2017 4:11pm | Post# 11

{quote} So you ran the script, on a demo, and what was the net position size?
assuming the script was ok after i edited it, the script had no effect

grrbear Dec 8, 2017 9:42am | Post# 12

also if anyone could offer any reasons why there are no ea's for mt4 that currently support partial close. i know many of my threads in this forum are for fixes but usually and definitely in this case it is more of a search for why and not asking for coding help

ie i find it strange that in 2017 mt4 does not offer partial close by ea. if by an internal switch or by build update compatibility with these older ea's the only way to do it is manually it seems

anybody else use partial close in mt4? if so is it by ea or manual?

Nicholishen Dec 8, 2017 5:41pm | Post# 13

{quote} i edited the script in metaeditor to only work with 0.01 and 0.02 lots because the account is only 200. i hope i didn't ruin it
Dude....you're killing me.... Run the original version on a DEMO ACCOUNT AT YOUR BROKER. If you wind up with .5 lot after running the script then your broker supports partial close. This script will not work on live account because I intentionally programmed in that safeguard.

I've never seen a broker not support partial close and there are plenty of eas that use it. If you're using a FIFO broker and your trying you partial close out of order then you're SOL

grrbear Dec 8, 2017 6:23pm | Post# 14

{quote} Dude....you're killing me.... Run the original version on a DEMO ACCOUNT AT YOUR BROKER. If you wind up with .5 lot after running the script then your broker supports partial close. This script will not work on live account because I intentionally programmed in that safeguard. I've never seen a broker not support partial close and there are plenty of eas that use it. If you're using a FIFO broker and your trying you partial close out of order then you're SOL
but i already mentioned my broker supports partial close. yes it is a demo account

grrbear Dec 11, 2017 8:27am | Post# 15

anybody else can chime in? there are currently no ea's for mt4 that support partial close, i know this after searching the net and ff extensively and testing all of the partial close ea's there are

would just like some insight, are these ea's outdated? is the partial close routine in these ea's in need of updating? not asking for coding help, although this would be helping all users of mt4 who would want partial close automated since as i said nothing currently will do this

© Forex Factory