Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   8 Years Later - Still Not Winning (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716482)

profitfarmer Nov 21, 2017 7:23am | Post# 41

{quote} It works because its that simple.
yay!
in theory many thing is 'that simple'.
like buy low and sell high...
yet somehow when comes to executing it things suddenly not 'that simple'

Rennaissance Nov 21, 2017 7:33am | Post# 42

"If you want the mind to pick up an idea and to form a habit so that the mind will automatically act upon that idea, you've got to tell the mind what you want, over and over and over again."
Napoleon Hill.
Simple must be rehearsed before it can be simple. I think the problem is more inside. I believe there are two sides to every person. Let's call the outer man Joe and the inner one Jim. Joe wants to be a successful trader while Jim doesn't believe he can be successful Trader. Jim will always sabotage the success of Joe cause he is the stronger and most powerful. After all He is the imagination of Joe. The Forex trading problem is simply Joe convincing Jim that common we can do this. cheers

profitfarmer Nov 21, 2017 8:23am | Post# 43

"If you want the mind to pick up an idea and to form a habit so that the mind will automatically act upon that idea, you've got to tell the mind what you want, over and over and over again." Napoleon Hill. Simple must be rehearsed before it can be simple. I think the problem is more inside. I believe there are two sides to every person. Let's call the outer man Joe and the inner one Jim. Joe wants to be a successful trader while Jim doesn't believe he can be successful Trader. Jim will always sabotage the success of Joe cause he is the stronger...
Napoleon Hill must be a famous trader.
or not.
must have a reason for either, right?
i am happy you buying this, cos obviously works for you.
or not.
cheers!

9jatrader Nov 21, 2017 9:22am | Post# 44

You need to have confidence in your entry AND exit signal. There are many patterns to trade, so rather than attempting to trade them all, hunt for the ones you want to trade. For instance, I am only able to make money when the market is moving vertically in my favor, so I target vertical movement. When the market is sideways or whipsawing, I don't trade it. When I enter, I have rules to tell me when to exit. I don't need all the pips available in the market because I can diversify across the market within my target areas and get just as many pips...
Having good entry/exit is first priority before trusting them

Rennaissance Nov 21, 2017 9:37am | Post# 45

{quote} Having good entry/exit is first priority before trusting them
I respect you as a good trader but I think we have contrasting views and I respect that too. I don't care about entry/exit points, for me they are random. The most important to me is direction and I can flip a coin and be right 50% of the time. That's enough to make a fortune. If I think something is going up and its trading at 10, I don't mind buying it at 12,15, or even 20 so far as I remain bullish.

Hairi Nov 21, 2017 12:49pm | Post# 46

STILL NOT WINNING.
my really honest advise to you on winning forex game is, forget what you've learn so far.
Take a detour...
learn coding mql4/mql5 language.
code your own customs Expert Advisor / Indicators.
trust me, it's a different view/approach when you are a coder, trading the market.

goose4 Nov 21, 2017 12:51pm | Post# 47

{quote} my really honest advise to you on winning forex game is, forget what you've learn so far. Take a detour... learn coding mql4/mql5 language. code your own customs Expert Advisor / Indicators. trust me, it's a different view/approach when you are a coder, trading the market.

Could you explain more? What is your notion here.

This is a very interesting post by you.

Kind regards,

goose

maxss280 Nov 21, 2017 1:42pm | Post# 48

Sorry to hear you're not winning.

I don't know what it is either if all these so-called coaches are just living off the money people give them for coaching or if they can actually turn a decent trade. I hear different traders are better at certain trades and time frames.

I used to be one of the 15-30 min bar chart traders and had some success and then some failure about as much as flipping a coin with using just Technical analysis.

Soooo much training so many books say hell I should be able to do this consistently... I don't know if they are just blowing smoke or if people really can do it but for me, it obviously was not working.

Took a break and came back with a different mindset instead using crazy lot sizes in smaller time frames I'll use less leverage over larger time frames 4hr, daily time my entry and weekly monthly see where we are in the grand scheme of things. etc..

I also though screw these pips they mean nothing to me. What is really important is the % gain. I figured out what the % move we see on average for each pair.
"Interesting Fact daily average USDCAD = 0.619% and the monthly average = 3.375%" Not that much difference
Nice retirement fund 0.5-1% ish on average monthly.

You have your trade Idea where you see this currency going SL around 1 month down and a tp 3 times that. However, I don't buy and hold for three months I use all those fancy MM techniques I have learned over those years and stack on the position on the pullbacks and continuation confirmation. Earn my 3*SL and I'm out or if my trade idea is strong I'll just continue to ride it move my SL until I'm stopped out.

That's my method in a nutshell.

For trade ideas, I use Macro Economic data focusing on really just 3 things Yearly GDP Estimation, BOPs, intrabank differentials and each currency's index NIKKI, FTSE, and S&P500 etc.. Find a way to compare this data relative to each other and that's my trade idea "Stay out, Bullish, Bearish".

I make spreadsheets and update them on the weekends then update my watchlist with my sentiment.

Sometimes your wrong try and learn why you were wrong so going forward you won't make the same mistake or can include it in your analysis going forward.

For the short term trades, I could never make that work consistently and was more akin to a coin flip. I don't know if your system is one of the short-term ones if it is may try taking a step back to the daily. You spend much less time on it and the stress level is also down.

Look at your 8 years of learning and keep learning.

MoneyZilla Nov 21, 2017 2:22pm | Post# 49

A regular 8 meters jumper makes around 7500 jumps per year. Lets say the guy practices 15 jumps per training, twice a day. Not counting the other different kinds of jumps performed as a part of the whole package.

So, there are at least 150 jumps per week, being practiced. I feel it, the annual jumps number to go over 10,000 jumps.

In a 8 meters jumping career, easily 50,000 jumps were made. Maybe even 100,000. Not an expert. But it does make sense to me.

Mastering the 6 meters jumping, when one is just a hobby jumper, will require 1/2 of the 8 meters pro. Just because the hobby jumper is not as gifted as the pro is...

I hope you realize, in the best case, we are hobby enthusiasts.

I have seen great jumpers in my days. Guys with over a meter of vertical jump. On average, there is just one guy per year. Those born in 1974, produced just one guy. Those born in 1975, produced none. Same for the next five-six years - not a single guy popped out.

I guess you catch what I am telling you...

JUMP AROUND! JUMP! JUMP!

mohsinali Nov 21, 2017 2:55pm | Post# 50

{quote} I respect you as a good trader but I think we have contrasting views and I respect that too. I don't care about entry/exit points, for me they are random. The most important to me is direction and I can flip a coin and be right 50% of the time. That's enough to make a fortune. If I think something is going up and its trading at 10, I don't mind buying it at 12,15, or even 20 so far as I remain bullish.
Nice words...

JoeNY Nov 21, 2017 4:01pm | Post# 51

The OP doesn't get it yet and I can't believe nobody pointed it out... Winning? Winning what? a prize????...

But anyway, to help you out Hasib.... In your own words,... I bolded the important sentence in your quote below.

My question to you... How can you make money from that concept? and don't tell me you can't because it's all you need.

Now I know the market is not fully random but getting a right trade at the chart which makes you profitable it is not so easy. one simple support level anyone can draw and say that buy from here. There is lots of this kind of support level did not work before and will not work in future. in a historical chart, anyone can show support that work and supply and demand level that works. To find a trade in a simple support level you may have to lose 3 trade before 1 good trade.

The-Flipper Nov 21, 2017 6:09pm | Post# 52

{quote} What did you find that worked for you? Just a general synopsis would be great. Kind regards, Goose
Out of the thousands different methods, i've found only 2 that really work.

One is: trading the 3 major intraday sessions along with their very specific behaviors since i watched them day and night. I know very well how to trade them.
The second and absolute favorite method is to bet with the bias and strong momentum that occurs 2-3 times every week.

It took a veeeeery long time to achieve these abilities.

Roszey Nov 21, 2017 7:25pm | Post# 53

1 Attachment(s)
Name:  42bf38b0e65cb3fda4411b5ed2fda5d4--trading-quotes-forex-strategies.jpg
Views: 2947
Size:  85 KB

forexalien Nov 21, 2017 8:03pm | Post# 54

1 Attachment(s)
STILL NOT WINNING.
Kicking Butt..................
Click to Enlarge

Name: american-sign-languageasl-alien-hand-signing-i-love-you-travel-pillow-0.jpeg
Size: 352 KB

forexalien Nov 21, 2017 8:07pm | Post# 55

STILL NOT WINNING.
Come over to Alien's Extraterrestrial Visual Systems we will get you winning....................

forexalien Nov 21, 2017 8:08pm | Post# 56

{image}
So true...........

shrips Nov 21, 2017 10:16pm | Post# 57

you have to develop an intuition for the markets you are trading.
if you cant then don't waste your time and go do something else.

mohsinali Nov 21, 2017 10:36pm | Post# 58

1 Attachment(s)
Name:  images-8.jpg
Views: 2858
Size:  9 KB

sidhujag Nov 21, 2017 11:52pm | Post# 59

Move on man. Theres much much much easier ways to make much much much more money. Trust me on that.

DanTrader Nov 22, 2017 2:07am | Post# 60

U must focus on make good trades, with ur prefered strategy, not to make big money, a big problem with news traders

Maybe some rules / advise
Strong money management
Entry/out without emotions
Hope isnīt a trade strategy
Lot of read and technical analysys to identify when ur analisys work good, or donīt

© Forex Factory