Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   8 Years Later - Still Not Winning (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716482)

Davit Feb 9, 2019 5:28am | Post# 541

1st thing to do is stop reading threads like this.You will find what works once you start with people that do it consistently.If you are taking piano lessons you would not want from a person that can't play correct? Why is forex different?
Threads like this drags your spirit down...why Forex forums can be toxic.Clean your mind and follow people who do it everyday.Adapt what you like and continue learning.Green journey

HeyYou Feb 11, 2019 1:12am | Post# 542

{quote} so was it a beer that was responsible for your failure? lol. How did u succeed?

dropped expectations completely .. that's the main thing I guess.

I was like "I want to make 80%/ year, AT LEAST!!"... never got there, never worked. Now 5% in 7 months seems a miracle...

basically it's not how much I make but how much I appreciate what I have that makes me feel successful.

oswaldmotape Feb 12, 2019 3:14am | Post# 543

{quote} dropped expectations completely .. that's the main thing I guess. I was like "I want to make 80%/ year, AT LEAST!!"... never got there, never worked. Now 5% in 7 months seems a miracle... basically it's not how much I make but how much I appreciate what I have that makes me feel successful.
Happy for you! In fact dropping expectations is the main thing my fellow brother, cut out the word guess!

oswaldmotape Feb 12, 2019 3:20am | Post# 544

1st thing to do is stop reading threads like this.You will find what works once you start with people that do it consistently.If you are taking piano lessons you would not want from a person that can't play correct? Why is forex different? Threads like this drags your spirit down...why Forex forums can be toxic.Clean your mind and follow people who do it everyday.Adapt what you like and continue learning.Green journey
Toxic Thread indeed!

My second Post and the last one!

Unsubscribe my fellow traders!

Davit Feb 12, 2019 4:41am | Post# 545

{quote} dropped expectations completely .. that's the main thing I guess. I was like "I want to make 80%/ year, AT LEAST!!"... never got there, never worked. Now 5% in 7 months seems a miracle... basically it's not how much I make but how much I appreciate what I have that makes me feel successful.
Setting high expectations drives you to get there. 5% in 7months? You are safer just quit. With such uninspiring gains you must be doing lot of things wrong.Why don't you address the shortcomings and work at it.
You are not successful and don't screw your brain mediocrity for excellence.There is vast space in between.
This is not an attack post more like someone hitting your head to wake up!

HeyYou Feb 12, 2019 10:52am | Post# 546

{quote} Setting high expectations drives you to get there. 5% in 7months? You are safer just quit. With such uninspiring gains you must be doing lot of things wrong.Why don't you address the shortcomings and work at it. You are not successful and don't screw your brain mediocrity for excellence.There is vast space in between. This is not an attack post more like someone hitting your head to wake up!
Well Davit I cannot force my systems to work well all the time, we are at the mercy of the market you know..

BTW dear davit, I don't believe you made all those money in .. about 2 years?

you were once a "naive" guy : https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...53#post8811053.

then you discovered pivots , started small and now..... 20/k month.. in 2 years.

anyways you're still entertaining at times.

T4Trade Feb 12, 2019 11:13am | Post# 547

there is lot to learn,i wonder why u didnt make it in so many years? probly you are not putting efforts to learn.

HeyYou Feb 12, 2019 2:43pm | Post# 548

{quote} Happy for you! In fact dropping expectations is the main thing my fellow brother, cut out the word guess!
indeed, just a few thoughts...if we have nothing to gain (except risk awareness, humbleness and therefore gratitude).. every little gain looks big. vic3 versa if we have everything to gain, every little loss looks big. "zen trading" rulez

thamira83 Feb 13, 2019 3:58am | Post# 549

2 Attachment(s)
Any idea what would be this indicator? Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.JPG
Size: 54 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: 2.JPG
Size: 80 KB

Rennaissance Feb 14, 2019 4:39pm | Post# 550

there is lot to learn,i wonder why u didnt make it in so many years? probly you are not putting efforts to learn.
It's not an easy journey. It takes people close to a decade or more of striving Nd you might never make it. I sympathize with him rather, he is a brave warrior.cheers

walpants Feb 14, 2019 5:17pm | Post# 551

STILL NOT WINNING.
know the feeling!

edisoho Feb 14, 2019 10:09pm | Post# 552

I also took about 11 years to start consistently making profit.
After I tried thousand of strategy that wont works.

salimc Feb 15, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 553

Agreed 100%

salimc Feb 15, 2019 1:53pm | Post# 554

5% in 7 months!! Please upload your charts. So people can learn from your mistakes.

IenDzi Feb 16, 2019 1:40am | Post# 555

{quote} 5% in 7 months!! Please upload your charts. So people can learn from your mistakes.
Actually it is very good result. The best result I got was 100% with 30% DD in 10 years from backtesting. But for me this result is not worth to trade. If you get better results now, wait a year or two and one day you get margin call. This is the reality for 99% of traders.

HeyYou Feb 16, 2019 2:17am | Post# 556

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Actually it is very good result. The best result I got was 100% with 30% DD in 10 years from backtesting. But for me this result is not worth to trade. If you get better results now, wait a year or two and one day you get margin call. This is the reality for 99% of traders.

you're blessed if you can manage to survive, with this low volatility

here's gold on feb, historically very volatile....

Name:  g.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  28 KB

HamoodOsman Feb 16, 2019 4:39am | Post# 557

Something going wrong with you .. Maybe the coach or the way you learnt about the forex etc..
Anyway keep going and don't give up .. Losing is a part of a winning journey.

salimc Feb 16, 2019 5:23am | Post# 558

{quote} Actually it is very good result. The best result I got was 100% with 30% DD in 10 years from backtesting. But for me this result is not worth to trade. If you get better results now, wait a year or two and one day you get margin call. This is the reality for 99% of traders.
If it is a good result then no need of trading. You can do other things or at least give that time to your family. At least they will be happy.

salimc Feb 16, 2019 5:29am | Post# 559

{quote} you're blessed if you can manage to survive, with this low volatility here's gold on feb, historically very volatile.... {image}
How says the market is less volatile? Some pairs are volatile but all the pairs are not volatile. Why will u trade gold? it is crazy. It may go against you anytime with its high swings. To be consistent you can trade with slow pairs (that is less volatile). Gradually you can move on to volatile pairs.

dicojoxaftr Feb 16, 2019 5:50am | Post# 560

{quote} How says the market is less volatile? Some pairs are volatile but all the pairs are not volatile. Why will u trade gold? it is crazy. It may go against you anytime with its high swings. To be consistent you can trade with slow pairs (that is less volatile). Gradually you can move on to volatile pairs.
if you stay in here you will lose more 8 years and you will stay not wining

they are professional actors, they give you hope more and more, so you lose more and more
i give you their lies cycle thats what i call it
its like this, first a promising thread with a lot of fake activity to make it viral , second a promising performance, you try you start believing then you start losing and ask question or blame them, and immediately they start giving you some filters like be smart or try a better mm or learn some basics and then if all tricks and filters get through you they will blame you cuz you are not a good trader at the end they will just ignore you and ban ban ban

sweet lies cycle

© Forex Factory