Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Micro martingale with small capital (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716049)

jacktrader1 Jan 2, 2018 12:01am | Post# 261

wow what pair is that? drawdown a bit too high i think...45%

mrgmrg Jan 2, 2018 1:56am | Post# 262

wow what pair is that? drawdown a bit too high i think...45%
Yeah right, not optimized yet, just testing dukascopy data.
If the small SL DD can be under 20.

mrgmrg Jan 2, 2018 8:44am | Post# 263

1 Attachment(s)
Masters ....

Below compare BT history Dukascopy with JF history.
Any suggestion ?

**Correction in 2017
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture19.PNG
Size: 246 KB

Abade Jan 2, 2018 11:02am | Post# 264

Masters .... Below compare BT history Dukascopy with JF history. Any suggestion ? **Correction in 2017 {image}

Hello!

The Modelling quality from Dukascopy is greater than JF's (just comparing the total ticks modelled and equity curve in each case). I believe there is no way to store real tick data on MT4 if you just let the chart run, instead the backtester mimics elliot wave to fill in the movement of the candle (forgot the technical name). In short you can't trust the default tick modelling if you are doing intra-candle movements.

The quality = n/a doesn't matter when testing on tick data, it's just a formula used by the tester (i think HST files are used but i may be wrong). As long as "mismatched chart errors" equals zero and the tick count is high the backtest is as best as it can be =) .

mrgmrg Jan 2, 2018 11:10am | Post# 265

{quote} Hello! The Modelling quality from Dukascopy is greater than JF's (just comparing the total ticks modelled and equity curve in each case). The quality = n/a doesn't matter if testing on tick data, it's just a formula used by the tester (i think HST files are used but i may be wrong). As long as "mismatched chart errors" equals zero and the tick count is high the backtest is as best as it can be =) .
Okay thanks, maybe the subject matter of the data should try to download again.
Today OP is Normal for GU, if EU with Signal 3 OP also (sideways condition).

Abade Jan 2, 2018 11:23am | Post# 266

{quote} Okay thanks, maybe the subject matter of the data should try to download again. Today OP is Normal for GU, if EU with Signal 3 OP also (sideways condition).

When you try to download from the MT4 platform directly you don't get tick data, only OHCL data of 1 min bars (annoying i know). 1 min bar OHCL is only good for testing strategies that use closing prices as entry/exit triggers or if you use long enough time-frames/stop/trigger levels.

Have a nice day (lots of pips)

mrgmrg Jan 2, 2018 11:27am | Post# 267

{quote} When you try to download from the MT4 platform directly you don't get tick data, only OHCL data of 1 min bars (annoying i know). 1 min bar OHCL is only good for testing strategies that use closing prices as entry/exit triggers or if you use long enough time-frames/stop/trigger levels. Have a nice day (lots of pips)
I will repeat the download tckdata through Tickstory lite, need to check parameters when export to MT4.

Robst3r Jan 3, 2018 3:56am | Post# 268

Hi Mrgmrg, very Nice thread you have over here!!! You and the testers are doing a great job

How are your live testing accounts going, are the curves already up with your current settings?

keep up the good work mate!
cheers

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 4:27am | Post# 269

Hi Mrgmrg, very Nice thread you have over here!!! You and the testers are doing a great job How are your live testing accounts going, are the curves already up with your current settings? keep up the good work mate! cheers
Hi Ribst3r, thanks.

A good friend works a lot hard for testing looking for his loopholes.

From the results of the discussion will be caught the cause and can be found his solution.

For FT, is now running, for the beginning of this year has not many transactions. There are as many as 15 GU and EU transactions.
We are still learning and continuing to achieve the best results.

giapel Jan 3, 2018 10:06am | Post# 270

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: trade is disabled.GIF
Size: 62 KB
Hi,
i have this, why ? (on live account)

thanks

Robst3r Jan 3, 2018 10:21am | Post# 271

{image} Hi, i have this, why ? (on live account) thanks
I think live trading is disabled then

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 11:33am | Post# 272

This is what I said in Post # 227. For a sensitive broker Modify error can result in "Trade is disable". The solution Pending_Order = False;

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 11:36am | Post# 273

{quote} I think live trading is disabled then
If it is non-active / expired, there is its Alert

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 12:09pm | Post# 274

1 Attachment(s)
IC Markets, but transaction success.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture20.PNG
Size: 31 KB

giapel Jan 3, 2018 12:14pm | Post# 275

as I thought, better if I change brokers
thanks

Robst3r Jan 3, 2018 1:07pm | Post# 276

This Also works on higher timeframes.... and when i set spread to 3 there is still profit

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 5:39pm | Post# 277

1 Attachment(s)
This Also works on higher timeframes.... and when i set spread to 3 there is still profit
It can work on M1 to D1.
Larger spreads can still be profitable, but smaller.

For brokers like this still profit but must with Pending_Order = False and Trailing_active = false or (Trailing_Active = true and Virtual_Trailing = true)
Name:  Capture21.PNG
Views: 828
Size:  10 KB

LinkersX Jan 3, 2018 8:57pm | Post# 278

{quote} It can work on M1 to D1. Larger spreads can still be profitable, but smaller. For brokers like this still profit but must with Pending_Order = False and Trailing_active = false or (Trailing_Active = true and Virtual_Trailing = true) {image}
#Linkers::X->Hello World;

Servers Revenge - How To Turn $200 to $100k in one month

mrgmrg Jan 3, 2018 10:05pm | Post# 279

No comments for this story

arteks Jan 4, 2018 7:25am | Post# 280

[quote = mrgmrg; 10509896] Работа с периоди на изтичане периодично [/ quote]

Good work and a short time for work - time for work ? how long ?

© Forex Factory