Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Micro martingale with small capital (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716049)

Effax-square Dec 29, 2017 4:31am | Post# 221

excellent EA.

subscribed and looking forward to more improvements to the EA.

meanwhile we forward/backtest the EA more

mrgmrg Dec 29, 2017 5:45am | Post# 222

excellent EA. subscribed and looking forward to more improvements to the EA. meanwhile we forward/backtest the EA more
Thank you,

Please backtest to find the right parameter for each Pair.

For Triger Entry, Signal_Level eg GBPUSD can start from 4.00, 4.01, 4.02, ........ up to 15 or more. Similarly for other Pair.

Find the most appropriate result in High Profit and Low DD.

sjawahar Dec 29, 2017 4:04pm | Post# 223

Hi mrgmrg,
I am backtesting this EA with multiple pairs and with different settings...so far looks good. What are your future plans?. Can I test this in live account?. When you stop the EA from trading in Live account?. How much will you charge in case if anyone wants to buy?

mrgmrg Dec 29, 2017 6:08pm | Post# 224

Hi mrgmrg, I am backtesting this EA with multiple pairs and with different settings...so far looks good. What are your future plans?. Can I test this in live account?. When you stop the EA from trading in Live account?. How much will you charge in case if anyone wants to buy?
Hi Sjawahar

It is unthinkable to sell if the profit has not reached the target above 50% on the average live account.

If the small profit (eg 10-30% / month average) what else loss, not worth to be sold / rent.

This EA with big profit design, above 100% with the composition of at least 3 Pair and use Margin_Percent 5-20%.

About the price, certainly not expensive that important you can benefit first, just calm down, run normally, if there are deficiencies that result in loss, let us find out together.

The cause may be wrong EA or Parameter setting or Pair Selection less precise or MM .... and so on.

I am looking forward to the results of the Live Demo / Real account, for improvement.

Rgds
Mrg

jacktrader1 Dec 29, 2017 7:45pm | Post# 225

Good morning mrgmrg,

I understand this ea is spread sensitive and I have tested it under tick data using dukaskopy real time spread and data. It seems like backtesting it 99.9% makes it really hard to survive in real time environments.

I will keep trying it and so far my testing period is only 1/1/2017 till 28/12/2017. Tested gu, eu and uj. Only EU somehow survived but the equity curve is kinda ugly. Of course if you backtest it under mt4 low quality data every pair of mine scored 1000% annually haha.

Just my feedback. I will try launch the ea next week after new year holiday to forward test it.

But initially this ea is pretty interesting. Keep up the modification and good work. Thumbs up kawan

giapel Dec 30, 2017 6:00am | Post# 226

5 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy_test2.gif
Size: 13 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd_test2.gif
Click to Enlarge

Name: eugbp_test2.gif
Size: 14 KB
Name:  setup eurusd_test2.GIF
Views: 1015
Size:  25 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd_test2.gif

hi, bt with dukascopy data and setup.

mrgmrg Dec 30, 2017 6:21am | Post# 227

1 Attachment(s)
{image} {image} {image} {image} {image} hi, bt with dukascopy data and setup.
Hi Giapel, thanks.

Extraordinary of his testing efforts.

Setting Default is not necessarily the best.
Please find the best tailored to Pair and Broker.

As in the following picture (Default setting), the difference is striking on Pending_Order = TRUE (1) the result is much more than Pending_Order = FALSE (0). (GBPUSD Deposit $ 1000 period 2017 Jan-Dec)
In Pending_Order = TRUE, a lot of Error (Modify error) which is likely cause Locking and become "Trade is disable" then the transaction can not be in close until it touched SL / TP.

If you can know the date and month of loss, can be searched cause at that why.

I'm sure the findings will find a solution to find out the cause.

Rgds
Mrg
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture14.PNG
Size: 28 KB

sjawahar Dec 30, 2017 6:30am | Post# 228

Hi mrgmrg,
can you please let us know the current status of your live forward testing?. which broker and settings you are using?.

mrgmrg Dec 30, 2017 6:31am | Post# 229

Good morning mrgmrg, I understand this ea is spread sensitive and I have tested it under tick data using dukaskopy real time spread and data. It seems like backtesting it 99.9% makes it really hard to survive in real time environments. I will keep trying it and so far my testing period is only 1/1/2017 till 28/12/2017. Tested gu, eu and uj. Only EU somehow survived but the equity curve is kinda ugly. Of course if you backtest it under mt4 low quality data every pair of mine scored 1000% annually haha. Just my feedback. I will try launch the ea next...
Hi Jacktrader, thanks

Good work to do testing with the best results.

With normal movements (eg max lengths of candle below 20pips) in general Live accounts and backtest results are almost the same, except for special events like Brexit or the case of EUR / CHF may be ugly because the spreads are very wide.

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 6:31am | Post# 230

{image} {image} {image} {image} {image} hi, bt with dukascopy data and setup.

hi giapel,

is this dukascopy data with 99.9% modelling quality?

giapel Dec 30, 2017 6:39am | Post# 231

yes (99,9%),
i used tick data manager( trial version).
thanks

mrgmrg Dec 30, 2017 6:39am | Post# 232

1 Attachment(s)
Hi mrgmrg, can you please let us know the current status of your live forward testing?. which broker and settings you are using?.
Hi Sjawahar

I still use default settings, only differentiated in Signal_Level EU = 5, UJ = 6, GU = 6 and 7.
Justforex Brokers.

Note for all : There are some brokers (eg Forextime), this EA can not be used if Pending_Order = False and if SL / TP have the contents.
Although manual trading, if set with SL / TP with Market execution can not.

Rgds
Mrg
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture15.PNG
Size: 62 KB

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 6:54am | Post# 233

Wow giapel, impressive. I'm using the same trial version too. Thanks for sharing.

I did have success with customizing GU only. But EU and UJ is giving me real hard time finding the right customization.

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 9:31am | Post# 234

2 Attachment(s)
ran it on EU 1/1/2017-28/12/2017 dukascopy data on tickmill broker

Click to Enlarge

Name: TesterGraph.gif
Size: 20 KB

same setting as giapel. everything is default except these

Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled.png
Size: 16 KB

giapel Dec 30, 2017 9:50am | Post# 235

it is correct, correspond to my first test (post 141 + 146) with default setting;see post 226 (set up is changed with tp = 8, sl = 5, tr = 5), remember that tp < martin_min_grid means disable martingale.
thanks

mrgmrg Dec 30, 2017 9:58am | Post# 236

it is correct, correspond to my first test (post 141 + 146) with default setting;see post 226 (set up is changed with tp = 8, sl = 5, tr = 5), remember that tp < martin_min_grid means disable martingale. thanks
Sorry correction.

If SL < Marting_Min Grid ==> Martingale does not work.
Martingale works only if loss is Marting_Min_Grid (default 9)

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 10:23am | Post# 237

it is correct, correspond to my first test (post 141 + 146) with default setting;see post 226 (set up is changed with tp = 8, sl = 5, tr = 5), remember that tp < martin_min_grid means disable martingale. thanks

Hi giapel,

You have any success with EU?

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 10:54am | Post# 238

{quote} Sorry correction. If SL < Marting_Min Grid ==> Martingale does not work. Martingale works only if loss is Marting_Min_Grid (default 9)

if i followed giapel setup, tp: 8 sl:5 , that means i need to set my SL higher than maring_min grid (which is 9 above ) in order for martingale to work?

miz1987 Dec 30, 2017 4:12pm | Post# 239

{quote} Hi Giapel, thanks. Extraordinary of his testing efforts. Setting Default is not necessarily the best. Please find the best tailored to Pair and Broker. As in the following picture (Default setting), the difference is striking on Pending_Order = TRUE (1) the result is much more than Pending_Order = FALSE (0). (GBPUSD Deposit $ 1000 period 2017 Jan-Dec) In Pending_Order = TRUE, a lot of Error (Modify error) which is likely cause Locking and become "Trade is disable" then the transaction can not be in close until it touched SL / TP. If you...
Hello Giapel ,
i tried your parameters with tick data from dukascopy but got very bad results

would u share the full parameters again

regards

giapel Dec 30, 2017 5:05pm | Post# 240

{quote} Sorry correction. If SL < Marting_Min Grid ==> Martingale does not work. Martingale works only if loss is Marting_Min_Grid (default 9)
sorry

© Forex Factory