Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Micro martingale with small capital (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=716049)

giapel Dec 30, 2017 5:58pm | Post# 241

4 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: report.GIF
Size: 71 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd_test2.gif
Size: 13 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: setup1_2.GIF
Size: 97 KB
Name:  setup2_2.GIF
Views: 966
Size:  38 KB

setup parameters.
it is my opinion to be careful before using these parameters because they exclude money-managent-martingale. the comparison between this setup and the default-setup must be done on a forward-test (demo or live). Also the dd is 29% !!! (too high) .other solution: a suitable broker, here can help us mrgmrg.
thanks

giapel Dec 30, 2017 6:00pm | Post# 242

margin percent = 5

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 7:09pm | Post# 243

Btw is the ea expiring tomorrow for testing on real account ?

mrgmrg Dec 30, 2017 7:19pm | Post# 244

{image} {image} {image} {image} setup parameters. it is my opinion to be careful before using these parameters because they exclude money-managent-martingale. the comparison between this setup and the default-setup must be done on a forward-test (demo or live). Also the dd is 29% !!! (too high) .other solution: a suitable broker, here can help us mrgmrg. thanks
Hi Giapel

A persistent effort.
With the same parameters, if Pending_Order = FALSE what is the difference?

jacktrader1 Dec 30, 2017 11:36pm | Post# 245

2 Attachment(s)
{image} {image} {image} {image} setup parameters. it is my opinion to be careful before using these parameters because they exclude money-managent-martingale. the comparison between this setup and the default-setup must be done on a forward-test (demo or live). Also the dd is 29% !!! (too high) .other solution: a suitable broker, here can help us mrgmrg. thanks

wow im getting a totally different result even though im using dukascopy data with your settings posted. is it broker sensitive too? my testing period is 1/1/2017 to 28/12/2017.

Click to Enlarge

Name: StrategyTester.gif
Size: 10 KB

my settings:

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.png
Size: 38 KB

giapel Dec 31, 2017 9:20am | Post# 246

exact. the same series of real data returns different bt with different brokers. this creates a doubt about bt, even at 99.9%. I verified 0.01% of difference between actual and given 99.9, and each bar has a difference, small but there is (this with activetrades). i think that a good test is on live account.
thansk

giapel Dec 31, 2017 9:24am | Post# 247

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Giapel A persistent effort. With the same parameters, if Pending_Order = FALSE what is the difference?
hi,
similar trend, but decidedly lower profit
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd_PO_false.GIF
Size: 25 KB

jacktrader1 Dec 31, 2017 10:03am | Post# 248

Yea I got the same result too if I set pending order to false.

mrgmrg Dec 31, 2017 12:28pm | Post# 249

{quote} hi, similar trend, but decidedly lower profit {image}
Great hard work for Giapel and Jacktrader, thanks.

During this observation during Live, there are two conditions
1. If in normal movement (eg High-Low daily <80Pips) Pending_Order = True or False the result is almost the same.
2. When extreme movement, for Pending_Order = true will often Locking until untouched SL / TP resulting in greater losses.

But of the two options are rarely DD dipped down.

Excess Pending_Order = False, Pair can be used with StopLevel> 0 (I'm trying on broker with StopPevel 10Pips and Fix Spreads 1.8pips, still profit> 50% (just 3 weeks, maybe also coincidence).

Possible for maximal results with Autoswitch Pending_Order True and False for adjustment with movement conditions.

mrgmrg Dec 31, 2017 12:47pm | Post# 250

Tip to increase growth faster.

1. Create a Safe Parameter (Signal_Level 6 and above)
2. Create a small Parameter on another chart but set On only if there is no confusion or no red news.

jacktrader1 Dec 31, 2017 12:55pm | Post# 251

Tip to increase growth faster. 1. Create a Safe Parameter (Signal_Level 6 and above) 2. Create a small Parameter on another chart but set On only if there is no confusion or no red news.
Can I know what's Martin min grid for? I altered it a bit and it seems to affect the result too.

mrgmrg Dec 31, 2017 1:20pm | Post# 252

{quote} Can I know what's Martin min grid for? I altered it a bit and it seems to affect the result too.
Min_Grid_Marting (default 9), If Entry Order (eg Buy) then loss 9 Pips, will Re-Open Buy with Lots = Lots * Marting_Multiplicaton (default 1.5). So keep with the loss of 9 pips for 4 hours.
If it's never Loss of 9pips, it will not be re-open.
Marting_Min_Grid will work only if it is> = SL

jacktrader1 Dec 31, 2017 1:44pm | Post# 253

{quote} Min_Grid_Marting (default 9), If Entry Order (eg Buy) then loss 9 Pips, will Re-Open Buy with Lots = Lots * Marting_Multiplicaton (default 1.5). So keep with the loss of 9 pips for 4 hours. If it's never Loss of 9pips, it will not be re-open. Marting_Min_Grid will work only if it is> = SL
I see. So it works as a recovery method for a losing position? So if more than 4 hours all the losing postions are not recovered, the ea will close them all and take a loss?

mrgmrg Dec 31, 2017 1:52pm | Post# 254

{quote} I see. So it works as a recovery method for a losing position? So if more than 4 hours all the losing postions are not recovered, the ea will close them all and take a loss?
Not so, if up to 4 hours do not close all with a profit of Min_Lock_FirstTime, closing by each SL on the transaction.

Abade Jan 1, 2018 1:53pm | Post# 255

Hello Giapel, what period did you use for that backtest?

miz1987 Jan 1, 2018 2:33pm | Post# 256

i tried with dukas copy 4 majors was very bad i dun no

i will start Demo foretest 10 majors on my vps lets see this week what we will get

am using Giapel parameters

good luck to all

jacktrader1 Jan 1, 2018 8:43pm | Post# 257

i tried with dukas copy 4 majors was very bad i dun no i will start Demo foretest 10 majors on my vps lets see this week what we will get am using Giapel parameters good luck to all

Giapel's parameter probably can be used as a guidance only. I tried his parameters and it worked on some pair, some doesn't. I think it comes to conclusion it's broker sensitive too. In order to understand why that particular pair isn't working well, you need to virtual monitor it and change the settings accordingly.

For example, some pair you just need to allow higher tp point and set tp trailing so you can accumulate your profits while allowing the trend failing eventually. Or maybe smaller risk but higher profit risk ratio etc. It's really depend on your personal touch actually.

mrgmrg Jan 1, 2018 11:02pm | Post# 258

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Giapel's parameter probably can be used as a guidance only. I tried his parameters and it worked on some pair, some doesn't. I think it comes to conclusion it's broker sensitive too. In order to understand why that particular pair isn't working well, you need to virtual monitor it and change the settings accordingly. For example, some pair you just need to allow higher tp point and set tp trailing so you can accumulate your profits while allowing the trend failing eventually. Or maybe smaller risk but higher profit risk ratio etc. It's really...
Guys ..
I tried downloading Dukascopy data via Tickstory lite, with data 2017.06.01 - 2017.12.30. I run EA with TickMill broker, the result is tolerable.
Then I remember wakti exports to MT4 there is a StopLevel parameter, I reset the re-export the results are different.

BT Dukascopy results are different from Live these days. (BT profit is smaller).

Or maybe I download and export the wrong way.

Now try downloading and exporting data again.

A temporary conclusion, just like Giapel, do FT and compare with BT.

Btw already have ideas, possibly fix to reduce loss.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture16.PNG
Size: 18 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture17.PNG
Size: 24 KB

jacktrader1 Jan 1, 2018 11:18pm | Post# 259

Well I back test from 1/1/2017, so we will have different curve result. But as long as the ea is making profit with minimal risk, I think.it's a good start.

mrgmrg Jan 1, 2018 11:26pm | Post# 260

1 Attachment(s)
Well I back test from 1/1/2017, so we will have different curve result. But as long as the ea is making profit with minimal risk, I think.it's a good start.
Still need improvisation to reach the target
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture18.PNG
Size: 31 KB

© Forex Factory