Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple Daily Trend Reversal Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593)

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 4:47am | Post# 161

it's your choice then

but the rules are not like this

tell us later what happens to you

ebeckers Nov 16, 2017 4:48am | Post# 162

You can also keep the SMA15, but when you see an setup on H4 approaching then you could switch to H1 for an early entry.
Offcourse.. its more riskier ;-)

Patso Nov 16, 2017 5:22am | Post# 163

mrdfx, beautiful system. "If" used correctly (with good money management), this can bring you MASSIVE pips. Thank you so much (again) for sharing this with us.

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 6:35am | Post# 164

nice setups coming up

Let's do thissssss

mrdfx Nov 16, 2017 6:48am | Post# 165

alhalawi - No, I changed my SMA to an 8 period (personal preference). Gets me in a littler earlier. :0)
Patso you are free to use any kind of MA you like but please note that you are deviating from the original strategy. There is also a reason why I use the 15 SMA, and trust me I tested all kinds of EMA, SMA to find which worked as the best final confirmation for entry, and I found the 15 SMA to be the most consistent, but if you prefer using an 8 SMA that is your personal preference.

mrdfx Nov 16, 2017 6:50am | Post# 166

I'm pretty busy today with other things so don't have much time for the charts. From what I saw earlier today there seems to be some nice set ups building.

arjasepp Nov 16, 2017 6:51am | Post# 167

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I entered several setups, waiting for what is going to happen with them
First, is this proper entry? I entered EURUSD like this or the MBFX is going wrong way for the entry?
The rules, let me get if I got it right,
1) Upper arrow appears
2) Trendline is red aka going down
3) MBFX should be overbought? But I guess it is now basically oversold, maybe not the best entry?
4) Candle crosses the SMA

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH4.png
Size: 26 KB

Then I entered USDJPY like this, but I entered one candle too soon again, but I guess, I got lucky, I mean the last candle is not over yet, but then again, I hope it works out.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYH4.png
Size: 24 KB

EDIT: I also entered USDCHF and EURGBP. Seems like a solid setups. Lets see...

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 6:51am | Post# 168

MRDFX

what trades are you on now ?

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 6:57am | Post# 169

Hi, I entered several setups, waiting for what is going to happen with them First, is this proper entry? I entered EURUSD like this or the MBFX is going wrong way for the entry? The rules, let me get if I got it right, 1) Upper arrow appears 2) Trendline is red aka going down 3) MBFX should be overbought? But I guess it is now basically oversold, maybe not the best entry? 4) Candle crosses the SMA {image} Then I entered USDJPY like this, but I entered one candle too soon again, but I guess, I got lucky, I mean the last candle is not over...

you should wait till the candle closes above or below sma, not just pass through as it might close below/above it

jmag Nov 16, 2017 9:51am | Post# 170

With respect, I empathize with hoping for a method, but picking tops and bottoms with a zig-zag? The other indicators won't help you in a trend going the wrong way. I confirmed from just eyeballing on a simulator, so just my opinion. I suggest a thorough back test.

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 10:14am | Post# 171

we are killing the market

that's what i know right now

rockknmike Nov 16, 2017 10:21am | Post# 172

I'm in (trade small) as I'm still learning the system
USD/CHF
EUR/CAD
GBP/CHF

I still use the condition of MRDFX but

I like to get in earlier if the trend is overextended. I move my stop until the SMA15 target is reached then I put my stop on break even point
and close part of my position.
For example, I get in USD/JPY but been stop at breakeven after taking a partial 20 pips TP.

Obviously the win/loss ratio will be lower than 80% but the avg loss should be smaller.
Anyhow, I visualy A/B test that with the original condition so I can figure what seems to be the best way.

alhalawi Nov 16, 2017 10:32am | Post# 173

1 Attachment(s)
mrdfx

I LOVE YOU BRO

Never been so relaxed applying a strategy in Forex and so confident as putting the rules
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 71 KB

arjasepp Nov 16, 2017 9:02pm | Post# 174

Hmm, I think I have to adjust entering more, as two of my entries got SL.
USDJPY, I think I entered maybe a bit too early. Will need to revise my entries there now.
EURUSD, I think I entered on correct time, but then again, maybe it would be wiser to wait for the candle to close, unless it is obvious run for it...

USDJPY: -50pips
EURUSD: -45pips

So my net is atm -75pips for this system, so let me be clear, to enter while candle has crossed the SMA, it has to cross like really solidly or still wait for the closure?
I think I need to reconsider entrys.

Or maybe my SL's are too wide? What do you think, should I tighten it a bit or just look at the previous candle as sometimes maybe we should just check the daily trend? Seems like the EUR did a fake out on that. USDJPY is just ranging there, what is your opinion. Does it work on consolidating market or not?

rockknmike Nov 16, 2017 9:30pm | Post# 175

USDJPY was never confirmed according to the rule of the master. I took it also but much earlier, TP 20 pips then move my SL to break even.

EURUSD same

Personnally, I prefer entering early, earlier than the cross of the SMA,
Entering simply on the crossing that is, in my view, both too early and too late.

But it is not my system and I can say it is a good one, nothing work 100%.

I've got some lost AUDCAD. I'm over 120 pips on GPBCHF and catch many 20 pips this week so far as I like to close 1/3 of my position at 20 pips.

arjasepp Nov 16, 2017 9:31pm | Post# 176

1 Attachment(s)
And, I entered another one, this time NZDUSD. My question is about the trendline, it should be according to your position direction, I mean, when I enter the long, it should be green and short then red, right? Also same for the MBFX? Just trying to figure out as some entries have been false atm I am doing it so easily and fast as I am trying to learn it more and experience it if it works or not in the long run. I always set my RR to 3R, so if I set 50pip SL, I hope to gain 150pip and so on. And thinking of setting the SL to trailing once I have gotten to a 2R point of my TP.

NZDUSD is so obvious and the candle has closed as well, so all should be alright. Lets observe.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4.png
Size: 31 KB

alhalawi Nov 17, 2017 2:42am | Post# 177

2 Attachment(s)
i am starting to realize that we should not enter straight away after candle closing on H4

but wait for the pullback on H1 chart as second cross like this example on EURUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 85 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture1.PNG
Size: 93 KB

arjasepp Nov 17, 2017 3:39am | Post# 178

Reading the rules again

Second the MBFX Timing indicator is oversold (Below the 30% level)
I have to make sure, I look at all the indicators, because sometimes the MBFX has moved away from this level of oversold or overbought. I think it would be easier to build if using automation.

beethoven Nov 17, 2017 3:49am | Post# 179

thanks alhalwi im taking EU sell good to enter on pullback if it is a pullback
im still bit struggling with tp and stops, for example in gold i waited overnight it didn't went forward,
if it hit the hard stop it be very uncomfortable
so i took the +20 pips and it reverse hard almost to hard stop

alhalawi Nov 17, 2017 3:50am | Post# 180

i am new to this system too

but i loved it

so let's work together to make the best out of it

© Forex Factory