Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple Daily Trend Reversal Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593)

mrdfx Dec 22, 2017 3:44pm | Post# 1501

Good afternoon, close the operations open before the weekend or leave them open all weekend, thank you.
I think holding positions or closing for the weekend is a personal choice. I'm still holding some trades and will keep them over this weekend. I'll make sure I have my SL set and let them run.

Patso Dec 22, 2017 3:55pm | Post# 1502

So its the end of the first week of testing the EA. Just to recap for anyone who doesn't know yet, or hasn't been following; "I created a new demo account on Monday to test the EA over a 1 month period and then judge overall results. This is also to test different time frames, as well as different settings, which will be more profitable overall. I am testing 2 time frames, H4 and D1 only. I did test lower time frames (M15, M30, H1) but they did not do very well, H4 and D1 performed much better so I will be sticking to these 2 time frames...
Excellent work and analysis. Thank you for the updated information.

9jatrader Dec 22, 2017 4:14pm | Post# 1503

{quote} I think holding positions or closing for the weekend is a personal choice. I'm still holding some trades and will keep them over this weekend. I'll make sure I have my SL set and let them run.
Would you try this kind of trading on live account- so many open positions???

nihilist23uk Dec 22, 2017 4:17pm | Post# 1504

Thank you Mrdfx for your update and great work ! And I must say,Your patience

Have a great Christmas and new year !

mrdfx Dec 22, 2017 4:34pm | Post# 1505

{quote} Would you try this kind of trading on live account- so many open positions???
Hello I think you are a bit confused but it's ok.

I am not trading the exact same pairs that you see on the TE on my live account.

What you see on the demo TE is 2 X H4 charts, and 2 X D1 charts being traded so naturally there will be many pairs, I would not be trading like this on my live account lol. Please read #1500.

If you had read through the thread and on the first post, I said only trade this strategy on H4.

paolo7 Dec 22, 2017 4:48pm | Post# 1506

great report, thanks...

Can you post the trailing stop rules of EA of the test account H4 and D1?

Thanks.

Have a great Christmas Boys!

Alorente Dec 22, 2017 4:59pm | Post# 1507

So its the end of the first week of testing the EA. Just to recap for anyone who doesn't know yet, or hasn't been following; "I created a new demo account on Monday to test the EA over a 1 month period and then judge overall results. This is also to test different time frames, as well as different settings, which will be more profitable overall. I am testing 2 time frames, H4 and D1 only. I did test lower time frames (M15, M30, H1) but they did not do very well, H4 and D1 performed much better so I will be sticking to these 2 time frames...
Congratulations. Very solid results in what is, as you say, a tough week to trade.

Happy Holidays.

mrdfx Dec 22, 2017 5:31pm | Post# 1508

2 Attachment(s)
great report, thanks... Can you post the trailing stop rules of EA of the test account H4 and D1? Thanks. Have a great Christmas Boys!
Sure here are the settings I'm using for H4 and D1 which are using the TS settings.
Click to Enlarge

Name: H4.png
Size: 142 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: D1.png
Size: 146 KB

lctrader11 Dec 22, 2017 6:55pm | Post# 1509

Hi ebeckers,
This EA is simply awesome!! Congratulations on some great coding.
Getting back from work after the markets have closed today and found this new version (I had been using v115a).
Got caught up on the forum postings, and then installed the EA.
I think I understand most of the ways to use the parameters. Thanks for the patience from yourself, mrdfx, and Alorente in explaining the "if, then, else" of using them.

And then one last clarification about how the different TS settings work (OrderTSx and OrderTSxTrigger), and then the last one called "OrderTrail".
Their settings look progressive, but I'm not sure of their effect on the trade, as the trade progresses.
Thanks for including the 200SMA filter. Do you think you'll be running a test against that to see how the win rate and the profitability work out?
I can understand both sides of the argument, to use or not to use...and I'm still up in the air about it.

lctrader11 Dec 22, 2017 7:11pm | Post# 1510

Hello guys, the EA seems to work well, but I still need to put the stop loss manually even with the stop loss box checked in the parameters. Anyone have this issue ? One other thing, on my navigator window, I can see the expert file "SimpleDailyTrendReversal_v116a" with a grey dot next to it... usually it's supposed to be yellow to show it's working well.... anyone has an idea why ? Thanks for your answers.... and congrats to mrdfx and ebeckers for this job.... very impressive
An Indicator copied to the Indicator folder as just the .ex4 file without the .mq4 file will be shown as grey in the Navigator. So, this EA does not have an associated .ex4 file, so it shows up as grey.

jfxhub Dec 23, 2017 2:35am | Post# 1511

Great observation, please can you do a screen shot of the EA settings you are using on 1st to 4th 4h and D1 places. thanks

QuincyJones Dec 23, 2017 2:37am | Post# 1512

{quote} An Indicator copied to the Indicator folder as just the .ex4 file without the .mq4 file will be shown as grey in the Navigator. So, this EA does not have an associated .ex4 file, so it shows up as grey.
Ok good, thank you for the explanation. I didn't know that.....

skipper13 Dec 23, 2017 6:08am | Post# 1513

5 Attachment(s)
I have a question:
My settings in the EA are standard, only the SMA200 I have set to true and I test the version 116a on a live account.
I am still new to this strategy, but here are some examples where I wonder if the purchase or sale was made at the right time.
It would be an important confirmation for me that I can rely on the work of the EA 100%.
Thank you very much, God's blessings and Merry Christmas

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCHF.png
Size: 64 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: CHFJPY.png
Size: 75 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.png
Size: 67 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: NZDCHF.png
Size: 64 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY.png
Size: 78 KB

DerBerliner Dec 23, 2017 6:20am | Post# 1514

@skipper13 - following your pics - it's a bug

Arabier Dec 23, 2017 6:24am | Post# 1515

I have a question: My settings in the EA are standard, only the SMA200 I have set to true and I test the version 116a on a live account. I am still new to this strategy, but here are some examples where I wonder if the purchase or sale was made at the right time. It would be an important confirmation for me that I can rely on the work of the EA 100%. Thank you very much, God's blessings and Merry Christmas {image}{image}{image}{image}{image}
Something does not look right to me.
Sample NDZCHF.
1. MBFX Timing indicator (Stochastic) is red and moving from over bought downwards,
2. SMA 200 is red and pointing down,
3. Trend Line indicator is in the position to turn down and the you took a buy.
All these points tell me it should be a Sell order. And visa versa for the sell orders you took.

Read Post #1 again and again and again.....

Just my observation.

skipper13 Dec 23, 2017 6:48am | Post# 1516

[quote = Arabier; 10617643] {quote} Etwas sieht für mich nicht richtig aus. Probe NDZCHF. 1. MBFX Timing Indikator (Stochastic) ist rot und bewegt sich von über gekauft nach unten, 2. SMA 200 ist rot und zeigt nach unten, 3. Trend Line Indikator ist in der Position, um zu drehen und Sie nahmen einen Kauf. Alle diese Punkte sagen mir, dass es eine Verkaufsorder sein sollte. Und umgekehrt für die Verkaufsaufträge, die Sie genommen haben. Lies Post # 1 immer wieder und wieder ..... Nur meine Beobachtung. [/ Quote]

Thanks for the posts, the orders were not manually opened, but by the EA version 1.16a.
So the EA still needs to be checked

ebeckers Dec 23, 2017 6:55am | Post# 1517

I have a question: My settings in the EA are standard, only the SMA200 I have set to true and I test the version 116a on a live account. I am still new to this strategy, but here are some examples where I wonder if the purchase or sale was made at the right time. It would be an important confirmation for me that I can rely on the work of the EA 100%. Thank you very much, God's blessings and Merry Christmas {image}{image}{image}{image}{image}
Hi skipper, i don't know what you did but the EA did not open these trades on any of my test systems on H4
I got 2 EAs running on H4, one with SMA200 and one without and both did not open these trades

Perhaps you manually switched between timeframes, like M30, H1, D1 etc with the EA active ?
Switching between timeframes with the EA active might cause the EA to open trades because on other timeframes the signals could have been valid

skipper13 Dec 23, 2017 8:05am | Post# 1518

[quote = ebeckers; 10617676] {quote} Hallo Skipper, ich weiß nicht, was du getan hast, aber der EA hat diese Trades auf keinem meiner Testsysteme auf H4 geöffnet. Ich habe 2 EAs auf H4, eins mit SMA200 und eins ohne und beide haben diese Trades nicht geöffnet Vielleicht haben Sie manuell zwischen den Zeitrahmen gewechselt, wie M30, H1, D1 usw. mit dem EA aktiv? Das Wechseln zwischen Zeitrahmen mit dem aktiven EA kann dazu führen, dass der EA Trades öffnet, weil die Signale zu anderen Zeitpunkten gültig sein könnten. [/ Quote]

thank you Ebecker that could be the cause.
So you can not change the TF, that's a very important piece of information

alhalawi Dec 23, 2017 8:07am | Post# 1519

what is the trend indicator you are using
the one with the MA

skipper13 Dec 23, 2017 8:55am | Post# 1520

1 Attachment(s)
[quote = alhalawi; 10617721] {quote} Was ist der Trend-Indikator, den Sie mit dem MA verwenden? [/ quote]

which one do you mean?
Nr. 1 or 2 ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_6.png
Size: 119 KB

© Forex Factory