Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple Daily Trend Reversal Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593)

mrdfx Sep 6, 2018 12:53pm | Post# 4381

Buy order opened on CADJPY. {image}
SL hit. -75 pips.

All JPY pairs are melting today.

mitzescu Sep 8, 2018 8:27am | Post# 4382

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
First i want to apologize, i do not want to pollute this thread, that is not my intention.

To the person who asked what are the seetings. It is about the settings. The logic of this great idea that mrdfx and the others who developed is simple. Price hits support/resistance or pivot, price comes back with Turbo JRSX being at OB/OS, breaks the MA, enter trade with stoploss above the starting point.
I said i was still using the old EA because it gives signals, i put the pivtos on the chart also. But i saw that was not enough.
I included in my charts a currency strength meter. In the first screenshot GBPNZD :

Last week GBP was very strong, had some news and went up. In the screenshot u can see GBPNZD kinda stopped going up. But that is not because NZD got stronger, is because (or so i think) of other currencies that are taking GBP down. Like CHF, who despite the news and GBP going up, managed to took it down, influencing GBP currency as a whole. At this point although there is a sell there, the strategy would be to wait for NZD to go up in stregth relative to all other pairs and GBP down. Or at least some change up in NZD comparin the value of strength it had when GBP NZD stopped going up and th moment is going down and calculating the difference.

A draw those trendlines on cur Strength meter in paint, sorry for bad trendlines.

So now if i would add a MA to chart and wait for it to get broke by price, i would check the CSM (cur str meter) to see if NZD is also going up and bang, a trade.
[attach]2983083[/attach]

mrdfx Sep 8, 2018 10:43am | Post# 4383

{quote} {quote} Closed both orders after this mornings action. +47 pips for EU, and +32 pips for NU, so a total of +79 pips. I'm still holding CY, and also a buy order on UC.
Delayed post, but I closed UC for +50 pips yesterday before NFP.

Overall its been a pretty good week.

mrdfx Sep 8, 2018 10:44am | Post# 4384

Hi all, First i want to apologize, i do not want to pollute this thread, that is not my intention. To the person who asked what are the seetings. It is about the settings. The logic of this great idea that mrdfx and the others who developed is simple. Price hits support/resistance or pivot, price comes back with Turbo JRSX being at OB/OS, breaks the MA, enter trade with stoploss above the starting point. I said i was still using the old EA because it gives signals, i put the pivtos on the chart also....

As mentioned in post #4364, your chart does not resemble anything close to the strategy.

To avoid confusion only post charts using the indicators and template on post 1.

mitzescu Sep 8, 2018 10:59am | Post# 4385

is it because background is grey, lacking indicators (pipsometer, zigzag arrow candle time) or the extra CSM indicator?

PS I really put some effort into that text. You could have least leave the text.

PSS Sry, did not know when disliked by thread starter that post gets hidden.

reteid2222 Sep 10, 2018 9:03am | Post# 4386

1 Attachment(s)
What about the new EA? I have coded this afternoon a request for a similar strategy...if anyone has good results and can show me how to do...pm me...then you ll have only to lie back and c how it worx....
[attach]2984940[/attach]

mrdfx Sep 10, 2018 10:07am | Post# 4387

Hey guys its a new week, with new opportunities!

I will try to post all trades I take live using this strategy.

mrdfx Sep 11, 2018 11:35am | Post# 4388

1 Attachment(s)
Some good news!

Guys I am currently testing a first version of the new updated EA with pivots and ADR for TP & SL.

I just started running it today so there isn't much to say yet, but I will keep you posted and when FxMadness updates it I'll post it here.

Happy trading!
[attach]2987325[/attach]

johnsmith2nd Sep 11, 2018 12:32pm | Post# 4389

Some good news! Guys I am currently testing a first version of the new updated EA with pivots and ADR for TP & SL. I just started running it today so there isn't much to say yet, but I will keep you posted and when FxMadness updates it I'll post it here. Happy trading! {image}
Looking forward to this!!

12mohana Sep 11, 2018 1:17pm | Post# 4390

hi.i am a new trader. thanks a lot mrdfx.i have a question.(

1. The price will hit and/or be within the pivot level zone (0-25 pips) levels, R61, R78, R100

i dont get it throughly.can you show on the chart which area i can trade.it said 25 pips from pivot level zone.do you mean 25 pips from wp-line or from r 61,78,100.
sometime 25 pips from 61 hit the wp-line.again thank you very much. .

Carlos1 Sep 11, 2018 2:11pm | Post# 4391

Some good news! Guys I am currently testing a first version of the new updated EA with pivots and ADR for TP & SL. I just started running it today so there isn't much to say yet, but I will keep you posted and when FxMadness updates it I'll post it here. Happy trading! {image}
Great work guys, looking forward to the new release....

mrdfx Sep 11, 2018 2:30pm | Post# 4392

hi.i am a new trader. thanks a lot mrdfx.i have a question.( The price will hit and/or be within the pivot level zone (0-25 pips) levels, R61, R78, R100 i dont get it throughly.can you show on the chart which area i can trade.it said 25 pips from pivot level zone.do you mean 25 pips from wp-line or from r 61,78,100. sometime 25 pips from 61 hit the wp-line.again thank you very much. .
If you can read back only 5 pages you will find your answer....

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post11379971

alhalawi Sep 13, 2018 4:46am | Post# 4393

hey bro,

been a long time, i was here since you started this thread and i am really glad how it all amazed all the new traders and how you changed the strategy for the better,

actually, i tried many strategies but decided to come back for this simple and profitable one

the only question is your tp now is the pivot point, is that correct?

god bless mrdfx

mrdfx Sep 13, 2018 11:03am | Post# 4394

hey bro, been a long time, i was here since you started this thread and i am really glad how it all amazed all the new traders and how you changed the strategy for the better, actually, i tried many strategies but decided to come back for this simple and profitable one the only question is your tp now is the pivot point, is that correct? god bless mrdfx
Hi alhalawi personally I mostly use ADR % as my TP, but I will look at pivot levels to see where price could retrace. I also use TS on some orders if I won't be around the PC to monitor them.

There are many options to use for setting TP, its just a matter of personal preference.

Degolep Sep 16, 2018 3:12pm | Post# 4395

Mrdfx any results update for previous week?

mrdfx Sep 17, 2018 11:39am | Post# 4396

Mrdfx any results update for previous week?
Not really much to show as its only been 1 week, but so far its doing ok.

I'll post updates next week.

MianAamer Sep 17, 2018 1:16pm | Post# 4397

If you want some help in forward testing the EA, I am sure some of us would like the opportunity to help out so we can all see how it performs with different brokers.

Degolep Sep 17, 2018 2:50pm | Post# 4398

{quote} Not really much to show as its only been 1 week, but so far its doing ok. I'll post updates next week.
Well I was thinking about manually trading? I'm not much for the EA's.

Homik Sep 24, 2018 3:58am | Post# 4399

Hi Mrdfx,

I just joined FF today. I was reading your thread and interest to test your EA. Can you please upload the latest version of Simple Daily Trend Reversal EA and Preset.

Thanks

karlvt Oct 17, 2018 7:26pm | Post# 4400

thanks....great system , easy to follow...

© Forex Factory