Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple Daily Trend Reversal Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593)

cpfleger Nov 25, 2017 12:55am | Post# 301

1 Attachment(s)
mrdfx,

Just a quick line to say thanks for the stratey, I tested it Friday when most people would back away and I had a very good day, $ 299 profit with no loses, thanks again and the 4 Hour view and strategy works. cpfleger from Abu Dhabi.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4 Hour Reverse Trend Strategy.jpg
Size: 238 KB

Patso Nov 25, 2017 8:50am | Post# 302

1. cpfleger - Is that a "live" account?. Great job!!.

cpfleger Nov 25, 2017 8:55am | Post# 303

Patsco,

Yes as I use real accounts to test and validate all my strategies, the only way. Next week I use this stratey on my PAMM accounts for customers. cpfleger

mrdfx Nov 25, 2017 9:06am | Post# 304

mrdfx, Just a quick line to say thanks for the stratey, I tested it Friday when most people would back away and I had a very good day, $ 299 profit with no loses, thanks again and the 4 Hour view and strategy works. cpfleger from Abu Dhabi. {image}
Awesome results cpfleger! Good to see you making profits!

yalgaar Nov 25, 2017 9:09am | Post# 305

mrdfx, Just a quick line to say thanks for the stratey, I tested it Friday when most people would back away and I had a very good day, $ 299 profit with no loses, thanks again and the 4 Hour view and strategy works. cpfleger from Abu Dhabi. {image}
Hi cpfleger

Thanks for sharing your results. What kind of money management and trade management did you use? I mean what was your lotsize based on? What did you use as a exit strategy? What did you set SL and TP for each of these trades?

ChicagoRob Nov 25, 2017 9:24am | Post# 306

It takes balls of steel to trade standard lots on a new strategy.

pipsy7 Nov 25, 2017 9:42am | Post# 307

he's just sume fukkin arab TROLL = pay only 1 time SWAP - - - just tryin to get sume innocent noobies on his pamm act. lol

pipsy7 Nov 25, 2017 9:55am | Post# 308

1 Attachment(s)
this is More Blievable
Click to Enlarge

Name: more.png
Size: 253 KB

yalgaar Nov 25, 2017 9:55am | Post# 309

cpfleger,

I am sorry to say this but your results does not mean anything. You have made $299 but this is on 1 Standard Lot. This means you have more or less made just 29 pips from 8 trades!!!! So basically you have made on an average 4 pips per trade! This means nothing! You could just flip a coin and take trades randomly and can have similar results at at least some point in time.

I wonder what is your intention to post this?

yalgaar Nov 25, 2017 10:40am | Post# 310

he's just sume fukkin arab TROLL = pay only 1 time SWAP - - - just tryin to get sume innocent noobies on his pamm act. lol
it does sure seems like that!!

ebeckers Nov 25, 2017 11:45am | Post# 311

2 Attachment(s)
Ok i took Wadda's idea to create a simple dashboard EA.
Copy it in your Experts folder and attach it to any chart. No worries.. it won't do any trading, it will just show the chart below
The idea is that you can see where signals are (beginning) to form for all currency pairs

Here's is how it works
- The chart will show all pairs you have in your Market watch window in MT4
- for each pair it will:

1) scan the last 20 H4 candles for the pair to see if an zigzag arrow appeared.
2) If no arrow appeared it will continue with the next currency pair.
3) If there is an arrow then it will be shown on the chart next to the currency (green=buy, red=sell) under the ZigZag column
4) Next it needs to determine the MBFX, Trendline and SMA15 for the previous candle
5) At the moment it will show arrows for these indicators when the previous closed candle gives an OK for the indicator specified

Example buy:
- a buy arrow is found 12 candles ago -> a green arrow appears under ZigZag
- for the previous closed candle :
- if the MBFX is green and < 30 -> a green arrow is shown under MBFX
- if trend line is green -> a green arrow is shown under Trend
- if price closed above SMA15 from below -> a green arrow is shown under SMA15

Example sell:
- a sell arrow is found 8 candles ago -> a red arrow appears under ZigZag
- for the previous closed candle :
- if the MBFX is red and > 70 -> a red arrow is shown under MBFX
- if trend line is red -> a red arrow is shown under Trend
- if price closed below SMA15 from above -> a red arrow is shown under SMA15

So it will only show an arrow for all indicators when
- an arrow is detected within the last 20 candles
- the mbfx is ok for previous candles
- the trend line is ok for previous candles
- the sma15 line is ok for previous candles

Perhaps this is too restrict since atm it rarely happens that all stars align.
So maybe we should consider the last 4-5 candles for the MBFX/trendline instead of just the last candle only
If you have any ideas on how to improve it.. pls let me know!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 17.32.39.png
Size: 123 KB
SimpleDailyTrendReversal.ex4

mrdfx Nov 25, 2017 12:20pm | Post# 312

Ok i took Wadda's idea to create a simple dashboard EA. Copy it in your Experts folder and attach it to any chart. No worries.. it won't do any trading, it will just show the chart below The idea is that you can see where signals are (beginning) to form for all currency pairs Here's is how it works - The chart will show all pairs you have in your Market watch window in MT4 - for each pair it will: 1) scan the last 20 H4 candles for the pair to see if an zigzag arrow appeared. 2) If no arrow appeared it will continue with the next currency pair....
Wowowowow!

Really awesome tool ebeckers! This looks like a great tool to scan multiple currencies at the same time for possible upcoming and confirmed set ups.

I have some suggestions that might improve the dashboard. I think you should reduce the amount of candles to look back for the zig zag arrow. Personally if it takes more than 10 candles to complete and confirm a set up then there is not a lot of momentum in the reversal and might not be a strong signal to trade. Perhaps reducing the zig zag arrow to look back only the previous 10 candles, and then to extend the MBFX and trend line to look back 5 candles, and also extend the SMA to 10 candles could improve the result. (The SMA is the last confirmation so would take the longest)

When there is a confirmation from all 4 then we could look at the pair and confirm 100% and place the trade. Basically we want would want a full confirmation of a trade in less than 10 candles. 10 x H4 candles is 40 hours, so if a set up is not confirmed in 40 hours then it's not a strong set up to trade.

Many thanks for your ideas and efforts to improve this strategy.

ebeckers Nov 25, 2017 12:27pm | Post# 313

Ok so :
1) zigzag in last 10 candles
2) MBFX in last 5 candles
3) Trend in last 5 candles
3) SMA15 in last candles

I'll make this configurable so everyone can change them if the want and find the best settings

ChicagoRob Nov 25, 2017 12:48pm | Post# 314

Ok i took Wadda's idea to create a simple dashboard EA. Copy it in your Experts folder and attach it to any chart
Awesome contribution, bro!

pipsy7 Nov 25, 2017 12:53pm | Post# 315

@ebeckers dank je wel !

shiva Nov 25, 2017 1:06pm | Post# 316

Ok i took Wadda's idea to create a simple dashboard EA. . pls let me know! {image} {file}
Simply too good. Thanks ebeckers.

ebeckers Nov 25, 2017 1:22pm | Post# 317

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here is the new one. fixed a few bugs and made the # of candles to look back for configurable:

ZigZagCandles
Number of candles to look back for a zigzag arrow

MBFXCandles
Number of candles to look back for a MBFX confirmation (green and below 30 for buy, red and above 70 for sell)

TrendLineCandles
Number of candles to look for the trendline confirmation (green for buy, red for sell)

SMA15Candles
Number of candles to look for if price crossed and closed above/below the SMA15

Ideas/feedback/bugs are welcome!

shiva Nov 25, 2017 1:37pm | Post# 318

Ok here is the new one. fixed a few bugs and made the # of candles to look back for configurable: ZigZagCandles Number of candles to look back for a zigzag arrow MBFXCandles Number of candles to look back for a MBFX confirmation (green and below 30 for buy, red and above 70 for sell) TrendLineCandles Number of candles to look for the trendline confirmation (green for buy, red for sell) SMA15Candles Number of candles to look for if price crossed and closed above/below the SMA15 Ideas/feedback/bugs are welcome! {file}
Would you mind making the MA type & period as user inputs? Perhaps we can experiment with various MA types and periods to look for enhancement.

yalgaar Nov 25, 2017 2:05pm | Post# 319

Ok here is the new one. fixed a few bugs and made the # of candles to look back for configurable: ZigZagCandles Number of candles to look back for a zigzag arrow MBFXCandles Number of candles to look back for a MBFX confirmation (green and below 30 for buy, red and above 70 for sell) TrendLineCandles Number of candles to look for the trendline confirmation (green for buy, red for sell) SMA15Candles Number of candles to look for if price crossed and closed above/below the SMA15 Ideas/feedback/bugs are welcome! {file}
Will this work on all Time Frames? If I throw this on W1 or D1 will it show all accordingly?

ebeckers Nov 25, 2017 2:05pm | Post# 320

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Would you mind making the MA type & period as user inputs? Perhaps we can experiment with various MA types and periods to look for enhancement.

Sure why not ;-)

MovingAverageCandles = # of candles to look back for a confirmation of the moving average
MovingAveragePeriod = period of the moving average
MovingAverageType = moving average type (0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smoothed, 3=linear weighted)

Also EA will now only show pairs which have a zigzag arrow in the last ZigZagCandles candles.
Guess its no use to show pairs where nothing is happening
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 20.04.55.png
Size: 28 KB

© Forex Factory