Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (binned per thread starter's request) Schaff Trend Cycle (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=710961)

rvanscho Dec 5, 2017 8:13pm | Post# 201

Please be careful, this indicator repaints. Also, these kind of indicators work only in particular market scenarios, they are quite good in clear downtrend. But if you have a choppy sideways movement, you will get burnt with this kind of indicator.

You obviously have not read the pages of this thread. 'Choppy sideways movement'? You mean a corrective structure? I said to use tools like trend lines or tma bands for that or even better, use wave structure to identify corrective structures.

For the last time, this indicator does not repaint.

rvanscho Dec 5, 2017 8:17pm | Post# 202

{quote} I told weeks ago I used all setting Bar close and repaint ,I used ower 1000 Indi last 15 years and this one repaint btw I try with diferent setting and from time frame 15 min up! rvansho maybe you do no what is a difference between a normal ,repint shitty indi!
Show me some screenshots or video for proof.

idiots

kaiser soze Dec 6, 2017 12:47pm | Post# 203

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Confluence entry here:
[attach]2590763[/attach]

kaiser soze Dec 6, 2017 2:49pm | Post# 204

1 Attachment(s)
AUDNZD Short:
[attach]2590924[/attach]

kaiser soze Dec 6, 2017 3:01pm | Post# 205

1 Attachment(s)
Exploiting CAD weakness (schaff and currency meter)
[attach]2590937[/attach]

Kmb Dec 7, 2017 10:04am | Post# 206

Golden Rules
Never trade on a day when Greenspan is talking, or any major news, without lots of practice…till you learn how to trade that volatility.
• Forget all that you have learned from seminars and books – scrap all of your indicators and do not look at 1 or 3 min charts.
• Never trade against the trend. ”The trend’s your friend”, so only trade with it.
• Never trade in a choppy market - congestion.
• Always place a stop loss order (Use a trailing stop loss).
• Never try to pick tops and bottoms – let the market tell you where it wants to go.
• Don’t overtrade, 1–3 good trades per day is enough.
• Don’t be greedy.
• Don’t have any distractions, TV, telephone, people etc. while you are trading.
• Manage your money – take all profits out of your trading account at the end of each month. This way your trading account does not grow too large and may just prevent you from taking impulsive, foolish trades due to over- confidence.

Thanks to @Ilkh

eurjpower Dec 11, 2017 10:23am | Post# 207

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Show me some screenshots or video for proof. idiots
Yes you Raight ,its repaint only 4or 5 candle you forget to mention you f.Idiot
[attach]2596881[/attach]
[attach]2596884[/attach]

rvanscho Dec 11, 2017 5:37pm | Post# 208

{quote} Yes you Raight ,its repaint only 4or 5 candle you forget to mention you f.Idiot {image} {image}
The length of the oscillator changes with each candle. Your screen shit showed it changed from buy to sell. Whats wrong with that?

I think you're trying to blame the indicator for your shitty trading.

marzinsz Dec 12, 2017 3:48am | Post# 209

Hei Kaiser, is that possiblre that U upload Ur indis and template??? Thanks

Exploiting CAD weakness (schaff and currency meter) {image}

Rammstein73 Dec 12, 2017 5:27am | Post# 210

{quote} Yes you Raight ,its repaint only 4or 5 candle you forget to mention you f.Idiot {image} {image}
Where is the "repainting" in your screens? No one candle has repainted, what is the reason of noise you do?

hesron Dec 12, 2017 6:12am | Post# 211

2 Attachment(s)
very interesting topic on this thread
Click to Enlarge

Name: A15.png
Size: 40 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: A16.png
Size: 100 KB

flofri Dec 12, 2017 6:44am | Post# 212

I guess someone who is so keen on calling fellow members names because of their own faulty judgement is equally keen on being banned, so lets keep him here. Who is the major idiot

ranger_lp Dec 12, 2017 6:50am | Post# 213

You showed a M5 chart. Indicator recalculates like TMA. Really should be used on higher time frames as the OP is showing. Not necessary to use f bombs.

rvanscho Dec 12, 2017 6:52am | Post# 214

very interesting topic on this thread {image}

Did you recode it so it looks like that?

Looks cool.

Pipanovic Dec 12, 2017 7:00am | Post# 215

{quote} Did you recode it so it looks like that? Looks cool.
It looks cool indeed. Pls share.

hesron Dec 12, 2017 7:06am | Post# 216

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Did you recode it so it looks like that? Looks cool.
Schaff_Trend_Cycle_-_adjustable_smoothing.ex4

Rammstein73 Dec 12, 2017 8:25am | Post# 217

The STC is very strange indi (or I have some problem with my terminal - I don't know). :-)
When I drop it in chart window "as is" - everything is ok, it works properly. But if I open its code, change timings (external vars) and compile code again - indy stopes to work, I see blank space in subwindow where STC should be. Then I open its code again, change timings back, compile again - it still doesn't work :-))) Whatever I do - it still doesn't work. It starts to work again only if I replace its files in "Indicators" folder back to original, downloaded from here, files. That is very fun, I've never seen that situation before:-) I just want set 5-12-25-1.5 as default settings, but I can't do it! Very, very fun!
This looks like
1 14:42:24.128 Schaff_Trend_Cycle_-_adjustable_smoothing EURUSD,M15: array out of range in 'Schaff_Trend_Cycle_-_adjustable_smoothing.mq4' (90,22)
in log file.

kaiser soze Dec 12, 2017 8:57pm | Post# 218

2 Attachment(s)
per request.....schaff already in the thread....just download
[attach]2598714[/attach]
[attach]2598717[/attach]

kaiser soze Dec 13, 2017 9:15am | Post# 219

Note: The Keltner Channel Indicator version that I have is a commercial product and cannot be shared here.....

Kmb Dec 15, 2017 10:10am | Post# 220

Admin must keep Threads alive !!!!

© Forex Factory