Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Tlatomi Experience (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=7091)

behof Aug 15, 2006 7:44am | Post# 1

The Tlatomi Experience

Hi tlatomi fans !

I think we had come to a point in this thread, where the evolution
of Tlatomi has reached a quite good level regarding the technical
points ( chart setup, entry, exit... )

So my proposal would be to open a separate Tlatomi Thread, in which
all the participants can put in their actual trades for accelarating the
success curve. [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Each posted item should contain :

1. Image of the chart with all the mentioned indicators
2. Entry marking
3. Exit marking
4. Short comment

I hope that from now on it will be worth in words and bucks [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Happy Trading

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 11:58am | Post# 2

Good Market Conditions 8/15/06

Here is this morning's trades on M30 of GBP.

http://www.pianopeople.net/images/Tlatomi.jpg

rhmyee Aug 15, 2006 12:23pm | Post# 3

hi tortoies.. is that green line & red line are 5 ema & 9 sma?

hidethereal Aug 15, 2006 12:28pm | Post# 4

Aren't those dots the SHI Silver Trend that repaints the past?

crusinnj Aug 15, 2006 12:30pm | Post# 5

Well I'm new to the Tatlomi experience and finally have it up and running. Will add my graphs and information as I go forward. Thanks for being a great group

Rich

coyan Aug 15, 2006 12:47pm | Post# 6

Yes, repaint the past.

In the thread you can find other indicator SHI silver that not repaints the
past, buy i don't like it.

In the system, Shi Silver is not very important.

Coyan

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 1:08pm | Post# 7

hi tortoies.. is that green line & red line are 5 ema & 9 sma?
Yes, I put the MAs on to see the angle that they cross. You can get the new indicator that puts the arrows on at the forum.

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 1:10pm | Post# 8

Yes they do repaint. In fact make sure you refresh your chart before a trade. I just switch time frames back and forth. You want those dots to change. Once the FX Sniper starts the cross and the MAs start to cross the dot will stop moving. Wait for the right order of set up.

JBB Aug 15, 2006 7:54pm | Post# 9

Tortoise, what MAs you using?

Isn't the system supposed to be for h4?

What is the settings for indicators for M30? Could you post an indicator what drows arrows please.

Thank you

webicknell Aug 15, 2006 8:04pm | Post# 10

MA Angle

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 indicators that may help. To address the MA angle issue. I cannot respond to technical questions as I am not technical. My first attached files!

Here is an indicator that many might find useful. Use it as a filter with EMA and LSMA as the MA types. It might also work with other MA types<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

The following parameters can use the values shown.<o></o>

<o></o>

MA_Type <o></o>

0=SMA, 1=EMA, 2=SMMA, 3=LWMA, 4=LSMA<o></o>

MA_AppliedPrice<o></o>

0=close<o></o>

1=open<o></o>

2=high<o></o>

3=low<o></o>

4=median(high+low)/2<o></o>

5=typical(high+low+close)/3<o></o>

6=weighted(high+low+close+close)/4<o></o>
EMA_Angle.mq4
MA_Angle.mq4

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 8:41pm | Post# 11

Same MA's

Tortoise, what MAs you using?

Isn't the system supposed to be for h4?

What is the settings for indicators for M30? Could you post an indicator what drows arrows please.

Thank you
The MA's are 5 EMA and 9 SMA This was contributed by OrangeRoshan. He has the file on The Tlatomi Method thread on page 11 #159. It's called 5&9 MA Crossover Signal. Sorry, I am not knowledgeable enough here to know how to add a zip file. Just go there and you can download it.

The system is for any time frame that works. H4 is very safe and I saw it mentioned that it was tried on daily and weekly. I went down as low as I thought I could go. M15 seems too low. I day trade and I am able to watch the markets when ever I want. So I wanted to see if this would work on a M30. So far so good. I am only in my 1st week of watching the results so I will keep you posted how it does on a M30

JBB Aug 15, 2006 8:45pm | Post# 12

Thank you, Tortoise. I've found an indicator. Will look at M30 now. H4 seem too slow for me.

spartan Aug 15, 2006 8:53pm | Post# 13

Chart Size

Guys, the preferred picture size is 600 X 600.
Let's stick to that.

Yes, it helps when you print them, too!
Oh, with that said, I like the bright background color on tortoise's chart. Good job!

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexfor...ead.php?t=2671

Trinity Aug 15, 2006 9:49pm | Post# 14

Let's stick to that.

Yes, it helps when you print them, too!
Oh, with that said, I like the bright background color on tortoise's chart. Good job!

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexfor...ead.php?t=2671
AGREED! This size makes it difficult to even read the posts.

But what fantastically clear charts and annotation! Great tortoise! So much better than black backgrounds, for old eyes.

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 10:40pm | Post# 15

Need Moderator Help

Let's stick to that.
This was the first time I posted a graphic. I didn't realize it would come out so large. Sorry. I tried putting a smaller chart on the web site I have it but it didn't change the size. Is there a moderator here that could help me reload that graphic? I will make it smaller if I can change my original post.

JBB Aug 15, 2006 10:52pm | Post# 16

Don't worry, next page wil be ok.
... Oups...it's already next page

tortoise Aug 15, 2006 11:31pm | Post# 17

Chart for 8/15/06

You can see were I sold today but the market didn't move much. I put in to take a 20 pip profit and had to leave the house for 2 hours. When I got back I had missed my exit by 3 pips. The market went flat so I didn't take any mote signals.

I like watching the 14 ATR. If it drops below 12 on the GBP I know that volatility is dropping and it is better not to trade. The market is going flat. Go catch up on your reading, or mow the lawn.

http://pianopeople.net/images/Tlatomi3.jpg

tortoise Aug 16, 2006 12:02am | Post# 18

Chart reduced

This was the first time I posted a graphic. I didn't realize it would come out so large. Sorry. I tried putting a smaller chart on the web site I have it but it didn't change the size. Is there a moderator here that could help me reload that graphic? I will make it smaller if I can change my original post.
For some reason the chart size was corrected. Now that looks better. Just had to update from my web site.

brainjt Aug 16, 2006 2:58am | Post# 19

Hi

1 Attachment(s)
On this charts we can see that cross 5EMA-9SMA is later like ADX, it can also help us on 30min, its necessary test it,
Name:  tlatomi 30 and adx.gif
Views: 5539
Size:  36 KB

compro99 Aug 16, 2006 4:34am | Post# 20

are you all using the default setting for FX Sniper and Shi_silvertrend ?

© Forex Factory