Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Analysis and Trading based on Envelopes, Waves, Cycles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=709088)

parisboy Aug 26, 2018 3:09pm | Post# 1401

1 Attachment(s)
- (19) Selling Opportunity on reversal after touching on the Upside the Upper Limit of the Envelope 256 (brown) if bought on (17) or (18)

either Shorting Opportunity (or both)

- (20) Shorting Opportunity when Price Action crosses on the Downside the Upper Limit of the Envelope 128 (ocre)

- (21) Shorting Opportunity when Price Action breaks on the downside the Ascending Valid Trend Line 32° (green) (uptrending is finished)
this generates an Action Signal for a short

- (22) Selling Opportunity on the Bounce / reversal on the Centered Moving Average 256 (brown) if a previous Short Position was taken on (19), (20), (21)

- (23) Buying Opportunity after the reversal / bounce or when Price Action breaks on the upside the Descending Valid Trend Line -41° (red) (downtrending is finished) this generates an Action Signal for a Long

- (24) Selling Opportunity after touching / reversal on the Centered Moving Average 128 (ocre) if bought on (22) or (23)

- (25) Shorting Opportunity after the break on the downside of the Centered Moving Average 256 (brown)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD 1 YEAR BUY SELL POSTMORTEM ANALYSIS 26 AOUT 2018.png
Size: 245 KB

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 3:54am | Post# 1402

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX 11 GAP UP + 71 POINTS 27 AOUT 2018.png
Size: 250 KB

MariaEduard Aug 27, 2018 7:23am | Post# 1403

{quote} I have only recently recognised how robust and accurate this method is, still getting my head around it hence all the screenshots and questions to Parisboy, but i do find your question rather vague Level to do what ? Are you looking to scalp, Swing trade , Position Trade What Risk Reward are you looking for Looking to Buy or Sell Do you want to trade From a Daily or much faster time frames like Parisboy Please spend some time reading the thread and then when you are a little more specific with your question we can get are heads together....
I just wanna know your daily support/resistant levels on that pair. That’s it.

OAPDave Aug 27, 2018 9:43am | Post# 1404

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I just wanna know your daily support/resistant levels on that pair. That’s it.
Hi, Parisby as posted in great detail how he trades his method, posts 1395,1397,1398, 1400 and 1401 he invited you to post a chart and he would advise you, me well at the moment I am a novice and experimenting with some setting on a Daily, I have shown My version with levels but really Parisboy is the expert and he as offered to help you, just post a chart, after all his setting would be better than mine, but here is a screenshot of mine as a guide
p.s Remember to take into account which way the envelopes are sloping
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDSBDailyxxx.png
Size: 89 KB

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 11:44am | Post# 1405

{quote} Hi, Parisby as posted in great detail how he trades his method, posts 1395,1397,1398, 1400 and 1401 he invited you to post a chart and he would advise you, me well at the moment I am a novice and experimenting with some setting on a Daily, I have shown My version with levels but really Parisboy is the expert and he as offered to help you, just post a chart, after all his setting would be better than mine, but here is a screenshot of mine as a guide p.s Remember to take into account which way the envelopes are sloping {image}
Dave,

there are other "rules" :

a) the Envelopes methodology allows us easily to identify if we are trading counter-trend or not

b) if we are trading counter-trend depending of the Envelope we trade, Amplitude of the Swing / Wave can be estimated to 2/3 - 3/4 of the Amplitude of the Envelope only, because of the influence of the Underlying Trend - sum of all the Cycles whose Period is bigger than the period of the Envelope we trade -

Then Target Prices can be defined accordingly

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 1:25pm | Post# 1406

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD MEASURED MOVE 27 AOUT 2018.png
Size: 276 KB

Hamid2535 Aug 27, 2018 3:57pm | Post# 1407

Hello Parisboy,
I am reading this interesting method from your post, I tried to simaulate a chart similar to yours, on TradinView for parameters setup, I have "Lenght" and"Percent", I am not sure how to set the Second Parameter in Trading View charts to be similar to yours, Your second parameter does not looks like "Percent", could you please give me a hint regarding the second parameter if you dont mind.Thanks

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 4:34pm | Post# 1408

Inserted Video

a webinar on the Envelopes methodology

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 4:40pm | Post# 1409

Hello Parisboy, I am reading this interesting method from your post, I tried to simaulate a chart similar to yours, on TradinView for parameters setup, I have "Lenght" and"Percent", I am not sure how to set the Second Parameter in Trading View charts to be similar to yours, Your second parameter does not looks like "Percent", could you please give me a hint regarding the second parameter if you dont mind.Thanks
Hello Hamid2535

study(title=“Envelope”, shorttitle=“Env”, overlay=true)
len = input(32, title=“Length”, minval=1)
octave = input(156.25)
src = input(close, title=“Source”)
exponential = input(false)
basis = sma(src, len)
k = octave
upper = basis + k
lower = basis - k
plot(basis, color=orange,offset=-16)
u = plot(upper, color=blue, offset=-16)
l = plot(lower, color=blue, offset=-16)
fill(u, l, color=blue)

Source code for the study is above

this creates the Envelope 32 with an offset of - 16

after that you copy 2 times the Envelope indicator on the chart and you modify the length with 128 and 256
you change (if you want) the color - I use blue for 32, ocre for 128 and brown for 256

and you got the 3 Envelopes aligned on the end of Envelope 32 . The " Envelopes are offsetted by - 16

Then you save your “study” as a Template

PS - May be the code is not perfect - but I am totally illiterate in programming. So I used at the time (beginning of 2016) something existing in Trading View - and adapted it to my needs.

OAPDave Aug 27, 2018 7:25pm | Post# 1410

3 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDSBDaily.png
Size: 93 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADSBDaily.png
Size: 87 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDSBDaily.png
Size: 86 KB

parisboy Aug 27, 2018 7:47pm | Post# 1411

{image}{image}{image}
as the Amplitude of the Envelope 256 is based on the Gann Vibration / Octave and equal to 2 Octaves, you can define :

- the Upper Limit of the Envelope 256 as the 8/8 Line and more precisely Curve - property Ultime Resistance
- the Centered Moving Average 256 as the 4/8 Line / Curve - property Major Support / Resistance
- the Lower Limit of the Enveloppe 256 as the 0/8 Baseline (Curve) - property Ultime Support

Hamid2535 Aug 27, 2018 7:56pm | Post# 1412

{quote} Hello Hamid2535 study(title=“Envelope”, shorttitle=“Env”, overlay=true) len = input(32, title=“Length”, minval=1) octave = input(156.25) src = input(close, title=“Source”) exponential = input(false) basis = sma(src, len) k = octave upper = basis + k lower = basis - k plot(basis, color=orange,offset=-16) u = plot(upper, color=blue, offset=-16) l = plot(lower, color=blue, offset=-16) fill(u, l, color=blue) Source code for the study is above this creates the Envelope 32 with an offset of - 16 after that you copy 2 times the Envelope indicator...
Thanks

OAPDave Aug 28, 2018 7:10am | Post# 1413

Hi Alain, Enjoyed the video you posted, watched it late last night so was not at my sharpest but am I correct that the trick you mentioned of centring all Envelopes to -16 is only if you work with trades under 5 days, at the moment I like the relaxed style of trading Dailies so I am Centring the 256 to -128 ?

parisboy Aug 28, 2018 8:08am | Post# 1414

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Alain, Enjoyed the video you posted, watched it late last night so was not at my sharpest but am I correct that the trick you mentioned of centring all Envelopes to -16 is only if you work with trades under 5 days, at the moment I like the relaxed style of trading Dailies so I am Centring the 256 to -128 ?
Dave, no problem

the best way is always to test and practice

some time it is relevant to manage both solutions at the same time
Click to Enlarge

Name: NEM_csv_daily28_08_2018 ENVELOPES.jpg
Size: 225 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NEM_csv_daily28_08_2018 OFFSET ALL -16.jpg
Size: 226 KB

parisboy Aug 29, 2018 5:37am | Post# 1415

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX ^GDAXI_csv_daily29_08_2018.jpg
Size: 214 KB

parisboy Aug 29, 2018 5:38am | Post# 1416

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX ^GDAXI_csv_daily29_08_2018 ENVELOPES  2013-2018.jpg
Size: 200 KB

parisboy Aug 29, 2018 10:17am | Post# 1417

https://www.mesasoftware.com/papers/...20Syllabus.pdf

A Three Day Personal Workshop with John Ehlers

An intimate and no-holds-barred learning experience

WHEN: October 12 through 14, 2018
WHERE: Cavlier Resort, San Simeon, CA
REQUIREMENT: Must sign a non-commercial NDA
PREREQUISITES: Working familiarity with EasyLanguage. High School Algebra and Trigonometry
COST: $6,000

JOHN EHLERS 2018 WORKSHOP SYLLABUS

NEW THIS YEAR:

Zero Lag Filters
Predictive Filters
Chebyshev Filters
Rocket RSI
Recursive Median
Deviation Scaling
Deviation Scaled Adaptive Moving Average
How to Evaluate Strategy Robustness
How to Optimize a Strategy for Out -of-Sample performance
Maximally
Robust
Intraday Strategy
Correct Position Sizing

DATA
What are cycles?
Wave Power

decibels
Fractals
Pink Noise
Swerling Noise
Spectral Dilation
Sampled data theory
Aliasing
Chart patterns
Fibonacci series
Number theory
Complex Variables
Trigonometry Review
FILTER THEORY
Transfer response
Z Transforms

FILTERS AND INDICATORS
Finite Impulse Response Filters (FIR)
SMA
Binomial
Critical Period
Computational Lag
Infinite Impulse Response Filters (IIR)
EMA
Critical Per
iod
High Pass Filters
SuperSmoother
Roofing Filter
Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
Deviation Scaling
BandPass Filter
Decyclers
Filt11 Techniques
MESA Predict
Correlation
Super PassBand Filter
Swiss Army Knife
Chebyshev Filter
Error Correcting
Codes
Reverse EMA
MyStochastic
Rocket RSI
Transforms
Fisher and Inverse Fisher
Hilbert
Peaking Filters

CYCLE MEASURING TECHNIQUES
MESA

(disclosed only at workshops)

DFT
Autocorrelation Periodogram

Bandpass Filter Bank
Signal to Noise
Ratio
Dual Differentiator
Homodyne Discriminator
Phase Accumulation
Pisarenko Harmonic Decomposition
Goertzel

SWAMICHARTS INDICATORS*

TRADING STRATEGY CONCEPTS

Key parameters
Excel Coin Toss Test
Parameter Optimization
How to evaluate
Robustness
Monte Carlo Simulation

UPUBLISHED ROBUST TRADING STRATEGIES (daily bars)
MESA Phasor
Complex Angle
Correlation Angle
Correlation
Enigma
MyRSI
PassBand
Ultimate Angle

UNPUBLISHED ROBUST INTRADAY TRADING STRATEGIES
MESA Intraday V3
15min Bandpass
15min Chebyshev
15min Correlation Angle
15min Double Octave
15min Octave
15min Passband
15min SuperSmoother Difference

*Indicator and Strategy Easy Language Code will be provided in electronic format

parisboy Aug 30, 2018 7:14am | Post# 1418

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX 11 30 AOUT 2018.png
Size: 220 KB

HumbleLearne Aug 30, 2018 11:17am | Post# 1419

THANK YOU GURU FOR EVERYTHING

AS mentioned earlier i had tried this method long back almost 4 years ago but using 3 keltner channel settings but at that time i was dealing with stocks and had no one to help me or guide me but because of FF now i am slowly but surely moving towards achieving my goals in these 4 years of being trader and learning how cycles work and after going from one strategy to another testing 1000's of indicators finally my mind and brain is wide open again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for you post MY YOU ALWAYS BE HAPPY , PROSPEROUS , HEALTHY AND GROW BY LEAPS & BOUNDS IN ANY AND EVERY VENTURE BE BLESSED & HAPPY ALWAYS

parisboy Aug 30, 2018 11:43am | Post# 1420

THANK YOU GURU FOR EVERYTHING AS mentioned earlier i had tried this method long back almost 4 years ago but using 3 keltner channel settings but at that time i was dealing with stocks and had no one to help me or guide me but because of FF now i am slowly but surely moving towards achieving my goals in these 4 years of being trader and learning how cycles work and after going from one...

Thanks for you kind words but I am not and I do not want, in any case, become a "guru" !

Roughly I am a guy dealing with (Centered) Moving Averages !

© Forex Factory