Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Have all the FX speculators switched to Bitcoin? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708773)

Nathaniel711 Feb 1, 2019 4:40am | Post# 41

I still do not understand. What is the meaning of Crypto Trading?

pt49 Feb 1, 2019 4:51am | Post# 42

What is more volatile... 100:1 (or if you plain stupid and use 500:1) leverage on currencies or no leverage on crypto's?

THINK ABOUT IT.

pt49 Feb 1, 2019 4:53am | Post# 43

Crypto Trading is buying and selling Crypto currencies... Bitcoin for instance.

NeilWagner Feb 2, 2019 7:48am | Post# 44

Same as like Forex trading; just by using the crypto pairs like BTCUSD.

spotrate Feb 2, 2019 8:01am | Post# 45

It doesn't matter whether you're trading currencies or cryptos, they're all derivatives and you're speculating on the price change. I'm trading a basket of currencies successfully but do you think I care about any garbage like their economies? Other people such as the so called professionals will always have that advantage over you so why bother? Instead, focus on a strategy where you can possibly have an edge. It's like the difference between someone who learned playing Chess as a 7 year old, versus someone who learned playing Chess at 20 years old. The 7 year old will always have an advantage and be better than the 20 year old no matter what the 20 year old tries. So, play a game that the 7 year old isn't playing. I probably lost you...

VladEx Feb 10, 2019 8:43pm | Post# 46

I believe that you can mix both forex and crypto trading. Why not make a profit from both things. Even if you don't trust crypto you still can take as much as possible

ShaguftaT Feb 19, 2019 7:21am | Post# 47

Agree with most of the others here. I think Forex is more stable and dependable than Crypto as we cannot determine precisely in which direction will it move. Bitcoin is just the example, with a huge increase in its prices in the beginning to its dropping down of prices and now back to a bit of stability. Can't tell much about crypto.

Alvinjack Feb 20, 2019 2:51am | Post# 48

i don't see any difference, trading is trading no matter what you are trading on. you just need to study the data and trends before hand. i think people are afraid to trade in cryptos is just because it is relatively newer than forex and is very volatile in nature. we traders live for profits so doesn't matter if it coming from cryptos or forex.

Infassen Feb 24, 2019 9:45am | Post# 49

This is a long lasting battle. Iím not sure that anyone can give you a proper answer, but If you prefer stable income with less risk, then forex is the right choice: the platform exists for ages, there dozens of different methods, learning materials. Crypto is relatively new and made out of hype. Itís still risky and nobody can really predict how long it will exist.

NPSystems May 31, 2019 3:54pm | Post# 50

Although the spread on BTCUSD is now small enough to make it tradable, its leverage is not. Currently the leverage being offered is 20:1 so there's no advantage to trading it as a contract for difference. The practical options at the moment are to either invest in crypto and HODL or not go anywhere near it.

trickshady Aug 17, 2019 12:49am | Post# 51

Although the spread on BTCUSD is now small enough to make it tradable, its leverage is not. Currently the leverage being offered is 20:1 so there's no advantage to trading it as a contract for difference. The practical options at the moment are to either invest in crypto and HODL or not go anywhere near it.
You think that 20:1 leverage is too low for BTC? Bitcoin moves at least 5-10% daily. With 20:1 leverage you can double or lose your account when price moves 5%. It can move that much in an instant or in a few seconds. This is very normal behavior. It's way more volatile than forex with 100:1 leverage. And actually 100:1 leverage exists for BTC. You get liquidated every 0.5% price movement against you. That happens about every few seconds or minutes.

enochben Aug 17, 2019 8:56pm | Post# 52

I'm trading 50:1

enochben Aug 23, 2019 9:40pm | Post# 53

100:1 leverage is out there if you are crafty. Inbox me if you want to know where.

© Forex Factory