Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

strat Jan 30, 2019 4:00pm | Post# 10121

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} WORKER GBPUSD Already Out, The Power OF PASR! {image}
The Power OF PASR!

Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 56 KB

strat Jan 30, 2019 4:02pm | Post# 10122

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} WORKER GBPUSD Already Out, The Power OF PASR! {image}
The Power OF PASR!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

strat Jan 30, 2019 4:03pm | Post# 10123

{quote} I am studying the trades posted here today and looking at mine it seems I was just lucky. I thought that price did stop its downmove after London open and the I liked the candle I entered. What i should be thinking though would be to wait until and if I can get back in on a retrace to the shadow and sell, instead of buying at that spot. I would categorize my trade today as a brain fart actually. {image}
I would categorize my trade today as a brain fart actually.

But, a PROFITABLE one though!

TerryDawe Jan 30, 2019 5:27pm | Post# 10124

1 Attachment(s)
I do have S/R lines on my charts but excluded them in this example.

I would like to point out how our 9sma acts as a trend line.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDDaily.png
Size: 35 KB

Suran Jan 30, 2019 9:28pm | Post# 10125

I do have S/R lines on my charts but excluded them in this example. I would like to point out how our 9sma acts as a trend line. {image}

Looks like in a strong trend it behaves as trend line.some where else I heard PRICE respecting 10 EMA in a strong trend (in some other thread long before I joined PASR). Is there a reason why you using 9sma. I never read strat using it. may further down THE PATH I will

Hickson Jan 31, 2019 4:32am | Post# 10126

{quote} Then.. you are going to still swiming at the limbo... The Way that Strat teach is the Hard Way because you need to modify everything of urself for take profits from the markets.... Strat is not going to give you a candy each time that u do something... in fact, He is here for free. Anyway, continue jumping thread by thread "trying" to find something.... Just wasting ur time. GoodLuck! (BTW, did u notice that u start asking question before reading the thread?...)
Well, obviously I was wrong! As you said, I asked something that I could have answered by just reading more! The demons won, and this is very disappointing for me ... it was a massive step back on the mindset evolution. This is worse than a bad trading day!

Strat gave a strong answer, but I understand where he is coming from. The times on FF can teach you a lesson, especially when you lay out a thread. I was NOT able to see that at the time being and answered like no five year old would have done!

I thought about this for more than a week, but I could not let it stand as it was. It was one of the worst private times for a long time and has taken toll on my behaviour, my apologies to Strat! He might not care now, but it was unbearable for me to leave it as it was! I am gone again, back to reading ...

badeel Jan 31, 2019 4:47am | Post# 10127

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Those both look like decent setups for basic PASR. I have the EURAUD WCC as a doji two weeks ago, and the GBPcAD one from four weeks ago. Is it the same on your charts? Would be helpful to post next time, you might have a different feed. {quote} Thanks strat. I'll be trying to practice on 5 minute or 1 minute charts a couple of times a week going forward, and post them here for everyone to review. Does anyone have any tips for trading the London session? I can fairly comfortably trade the first 2 1/2 hours, maybe 3, and I've reviewed posts...
thanks a lot Rub for your time sharing these page again very helpful looks this trade valid or not
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 39 KB

Rub Jan 31, 2019 5:18am | Post# 10128

{quote} thanks a lot Rub for your time sharing these page again very helpful looks this trade valid or not {image}
There may be a trade in the retest of broken support, but I don't see one I would take. I assume London open is the vertical dotted line.

EDIT: I had a quick look at a few charts once I got in front of the computer and I'm not really seeing much worth the time. Happy I did other things tonight.

bistolis Jan 31, 2019 5:32am | Post# 10129

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} thanks a lot Rub for your time sharing these page again very helpful looks this trade valid or not {image}
I would say be careful with all that support around
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 142 KB

On the other hand your chances are better on GBPJPY.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 133 KB
I am always trying to find which chart provides a better opportunity (and often fail as well too to pick the best)

badeel Jan 31, 2019 6:00am | Post# 10130

{quote} I would say be careful with all that support around {image} On the other hand your chances are better on GBPJPY. {image} I am always trying to find which chart provides a better opportunity (and often fail as well too to pick the best)
Yes your choice better I will take care in future

pippoacher Jan 31, 2019 6:37am | Post# 10131

{quote} Hopefully you are in this {image} {image}
Sore thumbs, cant miss them

Suran Jan 31, 2019 7:16am | Post# 10132

{quote} Well, obviously I was wrong! As you said, I asked something that I could have answered by just reading more! The demons won, and this is very disappointing for me ... it was a massive step back on the mindset evolution. This is worse than a bad trading day! Strat gave a strong answer, but I understand where he is coming from. The times on FF can teach you a lesson, especially when you lay out a thread. I was NOT able to see that at the time being and answered like no five year old would have done! I thought about this for more than a week,...
Hi Hickson,

As per what I know about Strat Up-to-date.. I am pretty sure he will forgive. fingers crossed.
Stay well !

Rgds

Suranga

TerryDawe Jan 31, 2019 8:28am | Post# 10133

{quote} Looks like in a strong trend it behaves as trend line.some where else I heard PRICE respecting 10 EMA in a strong trend (in some other thread long before I joined PASR). Is there a reason why you using 9sma. I never read strat using it. may further down THE PATH I will

We used to use the 9sma in Strat's charts and I now use both the 9sma and 10ema experimentally.
One of the things I like to use the 9sma for is a pattern called the 9 kiss of the shadow as it provides a pretty strong set up indication.

Suran Jan 31, 2019 8:38am | Post# 10134

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} We used to use the 9sma in Strat's charts and I now use both the 9sma and 10ema experimentally. One of the things I like to use the 9sma for is a pattern called the 9 kiss of the shadow as it provides a pretty strong set up indication.
Would you mind to give a example chart for this pattern.

Thanks terryD

P.S. Is this it?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDmicroM5.png
Size: 43 KB

Rufus Jan 31, 2019 9:03am | Post# 10135

{quote} The Power OF PASR! {image}
Good morning Strat

Looks like we may have another broker for US customers on the scene.

Checked with them on when daily candle closes. They use GMT 24 hr clock. Don't close on NY session.

https://www.ig.com/us

strat Jan 31, 2019 12:03pm | Post# 10136

1 Attachment(s)
I was up earlier than normal today so traded the crumbs from London

Click to Enlarge

Size: 54 KB

strat Jan 31, 2019 12:28pm | Post# 10137

1 Attachment(s)
Got fooled and taken for a ride!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 56 KB

TerryDawe Jan 31, 2019 12:33pm | Post# 10138

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Would you mind to give a example chart for this pattern. Thanks terryD P.S. Is this it? {image}

These are not exactly the swings to which I am referring. Most specifically it is once a new swing has occurred through the shadow and then price retraces back through the shadow and forms the kiss of the 9 at the shadow and preferably printing a BEEB straddling the shadow as shown in the attached example. This is something that Strat has pointed out in the past.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDDaily.png
Size: 52 KB

strat Jan 31, 2019 12:35pm | Post# 10139

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 57 KB

strat Jan 31, 2019 12:47pm | Post# 10140

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge