Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 4:04am | Post# 9921

{quote} I am not really looking at the EMA at that point. Entry is based on previous price action. Price is not closing lower and at the point of my entry it is confirming a higher low on M5. The entries are @market almost always. I rarely use pending orders EDIT: {image}
You are right, it made a HL. Indeed, you would probably not have the time to set a stop order on m5, it is too fast. It is a speculative entry, but I think the potential reward is good. You will exit with a LL?

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 4:07am | Post# 9922

{quote} You are right, it made a HL. Indeed, you would probably not have the time to set a stop order on m5, it is too fast. It is a speculative entry, but I think the potential reward is good. You will exit with a LL?
probably I will exit before the news. at least I will not let it roll into a loser. we will know after the news

Rub Jan 22, 2019 4:34am | Post# 9923

{quote} I am not really looking at the EMA at that point. Entry is based on previous price action. Price is not closing lower and at the point of my entry it is confirming a higher low on M5. The entries are @market almost always. I rarely use pending orders EDIT: {image}
Would you have waited for close above the resistance to the left and then a retest?

EDIT: Being dense. it's not a 4hr chart being posted.

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 4:45am | Post# 9924

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Would you have waited for close above the resistance to the left and then a retest? EDIT: Being dense. it's not a 4hr chart being posted.
I believe you mean this

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 61 KB

closed for 45pips and I am going for a coffee

Rub Jan 22, 2019 4:50am | Post# 9925

1 Attachment(s)
Once again I try m1 bootcamp for the first 2 hours of London. I even took notes as I went, but called it a day after the news. Support and resistance was mostly drawn from 5min and 15 minute charts, with a couple of points drawn from 1hr as I couldn't see far enough back.

GBPNZD M1 bootcamp

1. Price failed to break below support, hammer. Exit at the doji showing indecision.

2. .Close above consolidation/200EMA/strat shadow. Stop below consolidation. Expected a retest of the 200EMA, but closed the trade when it closed below my entry.

3. Close above resistance. Stayed in though doji on resistance, didn't close below. Got stopped out.

4. Solid bull candle. Small candles down, so I stayed in the trade to 1.9200/resistance. Out at bearish outside bar. News about 10 Minuites after so stayed out and called it a night.

Bit shabby tonight, had the direction right, but not picking good entries. Slightly down in pips for the night, but it's all a learning experience.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cT_cs_1012094_GBPNZD_2019-01-22_20-38-15.png
Size: 103 KB

lauda Jan 22, 2019 4:56am | Post# 9926

1 minute works better for me on web trader than MT4, I always profit on my smaller time frames, 1 minute, 5 minutes, i sometimes trade 15 minutes

HappyTrend Jan 22, 2019 6:56am | Post# 9927

{quote} You are right, it made a HL. Indeed, you would probably not have the time to set a stop order on m5, it is too fast. It is a speculative entry, but I think the potential reward is good. You will exit with a LL?
If you want to learn PASR STRAT Method.. you should stop looking other Threads/Systems and only focus in here...

If you continue looking to others.. you are not going to have a clue what is going on in here plus...

And you should focus PASR... is the heart of the markets.

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 7:05am | Post# 9928

{quote} If you want to learn PASR STRAT Method.. you should stop looking other Threads/Systems and only focus in here... If you continue looking to others.. you are not going to have a clue what is going on in here plus... And you should focus PASR... is the heart of the markets.
You are right that one has to focus. The past years I have focused more and more on trading only Price Action. No Fibonaccis, no other indicators except EMA. Sometimes intraday I use Pivots, but what are pivots really other than expected intraday S/R? I agree that you do not even need them, but it is possible to trade them. With that said, I will not talk them here for obvious reasons, only what is in the thread.

So allow me one question: I do not really understand what is the purpose of the "Strat shadow". Basically, it just paints the space between the 20 and 50 EMA. Am I mistaken when I say you do not need it or am I missing something obvious here?

HappyTrend Jan 22, 2019 7:51am | Post# 9929

{quote} You are right that one has to focus. The past years I have focused more and more on trading only Price Action. No Fibonaccis, no other indicators except EMA. Sometimes intraday I use Pivots, but what are pivots really other than expected intraday S/R? I agree that you do not even need them, but it is possible to trade them. With that said, I will not talk them here for obvious reasons, only what is in the thread. So allow me one question: I do not really understand what is the purpose of the "Strat shadow". Basically, it just paints the...
Yes, you are missing something obvious...

YOU NEED TO READ ALL THE THREAD.

(You are not going to regret it)

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 7:57am | Post# 9930

{quote} Yes, you are missing something obvious... YOU NEED TO READ ALL THE THREAD. (You are not going to regret it)
Alright, I might find it eventually ...

strat Jan 22, 2019 10:14am | Post# 9931

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Alright, I might find it eventually ...
I doubt it - you are far too busy gossiping on every thread you can find!

Name:  a.PNG
Views: 361
Size:  32 KB

Rufus Jan 22, 2019 10:23am | Post# 9932

1 Attachment(s)
GBPAUD 5m

Nice breakfast for me this morning... Oatmeal and GBPAUD

Closed out position and off to my other work.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM5.png
Size: 63 KB

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 10:27am | Post# 9933

{quote} I doubt it - you are far too busy gossiping on every thread you can find! {image}
You might be right ... just ignoring all might be better (and I did for around three years already if you check back, I begin to remember it was for a reason) - because usually instead of talking trading, you will just get an unfriendly answer at best and even be ridiculed by senior members who cite your activity.

You have a point, but it is telling how you make it ... please do not complain about people if you have already adapted the kind of behaviour you were critizising in the first place.

strat Jan 22, 2019 10:30am | Post# 9934

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 47 KB

strat Jan 22, 2019 10:31am | Post# 9935

GBPAUD 5m Nice breakfast for me this morning... Oatmeal and GBPAUD Closed out position and off to my other work. {image}
Brilliant, John, well done!

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 10:33am | Post# 9936

{image}
80% of your entries I still need to learn how to read them in real time
Learning every day

strat Jan 22, 2019 10:33am | Post# 9937

{quote} please do not complain about people if you have already adapted the kind of behaviour you were critizising in the first place.
Then go some place else to gossip! This is MY thread and I will behave how """I"" want!

strat Jan 22, 2019 10:35am | Post# 9938

{quote} 80% of your entries I still need to learn how to read them in real time Learning every day
But you understand those on GBPCAD - right?

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 10:40am | Post# 9939

{quote} But you understand those on GBPCAD - right?
yes I do I believe. although if you notice my entries are pretty simple. yours are more advanced and I guess I lack experience and confidence to enter on most of those that you highlight.
I am still in the phase where I enter once and try to exit at the best spot ( at least not getting scared and close too early)

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 10:48am | Post# 9940

{quote} Then go some place else to gossip! This is MY thread and I will behave how """I"" want!
Alright, good luck then with your ego. Interesting to see that success in trading does not mean the person has grown as a whole ... will not talk to you again or ask here, so please do not respond again and spare us a discussion.

© Forex Factory