Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

strat Jan 12, 2019 11:30am | Post# 9761

3 Attachment(s)
GBPNZD

EURCAD didn't confirm on the daily so no demo trade for me there. GBPNZD: BB in downtrend, price rejected off the top of the strat shadow (is that trademarked?!) September and October (Sept. looks like a shooting star that wasn't confirmed until Nov.), price fell through the shadow and was rejected off the 72EMA in Dec and again this month. Boss in a downtrend, price rejected off the top of the shadow last week, the 20EMA is be pulled across the 72EMA due to this week's move, and price has not found buyer support above resistance at 1.89171ish....
In addition to the valuable comments from BeyondTheSea, Suran and huatzhi - TRADERS HELPING TRADERS - where are the rest of you?

Big Boss
Note hutazhi's comments - we need a birds eye view from 50,000ft on the Big Boss so zoom out.

the strat shadow (is that trademarked?!

Yes, that is why 3 ex students have been issued with "Cease and Desist" orders for not only copying and selling PASR but also the Strat Shadow.

BB in downtrend, price rejected off the top of the strat shadow (is that trademarked?!) September and October (Sept. looks like a shooting star that wasn't confirmed until Nov.), price fell through the shadow and was rejected off the 72EMA in Dec and again this month.

Good. Note that September was a small Shooting Star followed by a doji in October making clear the Big Boys' intentions. We can see that the Big Boss has been trading in a 2400 pip range for 19 months or so with the bias short.

Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 56 KB

Boss in a downtrend, price rejected off the top of the shadow last week, the 20EMA is be pulled across the 72EMA due to this week's move, and price has not found buyer support above resistance at 1.89171ish.

Good. Pay particular attention to huatzhi's comments and also Suran's doji comments.

Instead of quoting moving averages, which PASR does NOT trade, refer to PRICE action on the Strat Shadow. Note that the 9 week test of the range was with strong SELL momentum. Note what that doji on December 14, 2018 is telling PASR traders. Note that while there is a rejection of PRICE off the Strat Shadow there is no change to the Weekly Swing which is still UP. This is a PAUSE caused by many things - holidays, Brexit etc.

Click to Enlarge

Name: b.PNG
Size: 55 KB

Worker is in a downtrend, price rejected off the top of the strat shadow on 12/31 with what looks like a shooting star (although there was no gap up); price then move down under the support at 1.8917ish and then was rejected off that as resistance and has now moved down. However price is just on the bottom of the strat shadow and I'm wondering if it will slide through it or bounce off.

looks like a shooting star (although there was no gap up)

Not a Shooting Star - that is a doji. A Shooting Star does not need a gap. Spend more time learning PASR candles

I'm wondering if it will slide through it or bounce off.

PASR does not trade "wonders" (or hope, thoughts, might) etc. We WAIT for PRICE (Big Boys) to show us the way forward. However, the Worker doji on January 11, 2019 coupled with the Boss doji on week ending December 14, 2018 is telling us there is a higher probability of PRICE moving in a certain direction - which is...........................................

Click to Enlarge

Name: c.PNG
Size: 54 KB

Rock on, Tommy!

This was the catch phrase from the Cannon & Ball show from the late 70s in the UK.

strat Jan 12, 2019 11:36am | Post# 9762

Hello Strat, is possible that can u make a post teaching me/us where to put the stoploss at the "Add Ons"? Im getting comfortable trading the BOSS SWING from Support or Resistance of BOSS and BigBoss... When the Worker start to doing his respective pullback, for example: (The next situation is in my mind, is the reason that i dont post a chart) BOSS Close Bearish from the top Resistance. And going SWING DOWN. Worker Sunday, close bearish. Worker Monday, close bullish (lets imagine a BUEB but there is not a Support zone, then just the trade open...
Stop Loss and Add Ons are indicated in red.

Hello Strat, is possible that can u make a post teaching me/us where to put the stoploss at the "Add Ons"? Im getting comfortable trading the BOSS SWING from Support or Resistance of BOSS and BigBoss...
Red
When the Worker start to doing his respective pullback, for example: (The next situation is in my mind, is the reason that i dont post a chart) BOSS Close Bearish from the top Resistance.

Stop Loss
And going SWING DOWN. Worker Sunday, close bearish. Worker Monday, close bullish (lets imagine a BUEB but there is not a Support zone, then just the trade open waiting for the add on) Worker Tuesday, close bullish (now with a little tail at the top) Worker Wednesday, close bearish (showing a BEEB) With Last BOSS Candle close bearish going swing down... I add a position in here. When i add the position, where i should to put the stoploss?

Stop Loss
At the top, where is the initial stoploss from my first order?

Stop Loss
Or i should to put the stop above of the Second Entry above of the BEEB? Thank you Strat... im tryng for the past weeks to understand the stoploss placement in the add ons.. but i dont understand.. And the only that i have read about the add ons and stoploss is for the M5 PASR TREND... So in my mind is to place above of the BEEB both positions.

Suran - HT, may be you could draw something in Paint and attach with your post. Then It would become easy for Strat to answer..just my thought.

Rufus - Suran is right. We need a chart.

BeyondTheSea Jan 12, 2019 1:18pm | Post# 9763

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Strat, is possible that can u make a post teaching me/us where to put the stoploss at the "Add Ons"? Im getting comfortable trading the BOSS SWING from Support or Resistance of BOSS and BigBoss... When the Worker start to doing his respective pullback, for example: (The next situation is in my mind, is the reason that i dont post a chart) BOSS Close Bearish from the top Resistance. And going SWING DOWN. Worker Sunday, close bearish. Worker Monday, close bullish (lets imagine a BUEB but there is not a Support zone, then just the trade open...
Hey HT

This example is not text book but trading at the hard right edge isn’t for me, I’m a work in progress.

Trailing stops are mental not hard stops and you have to go with the flow.

Adding on for me is another level of trading, a bit like moving from playing bass guitar to lead solo..!

First of all and this sounds obvious but have a plan for when you add on, you'll only get to this stage when you start doing it and I'd probably start with just 2 positions to ease your little people into this exciting world of emotional trend trading. Then and only then, build up until they go numb with boredom with you and it's no big deal.

Watch your price action like a hawk needing feeding. AND DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THE TRADES LIKE A BIG BABY!

Here is a chart with some entries. The blue lines are where the trades were managed.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADH4.png
Size: 67 KB

HappyTrend Jan 12, 2019 2:19pm | Post# 9764

{quote} Hey HT This example is not text book but trading at the hard right edge isnít for me, Iím a work in progress. Trailing stops are mental not hard stops and you have to go with the flow. Adding on for me is another level of trading, a bit like moving from playing bass guitar to lead solo..! First of all and this sounds obvious but have a plan for when you add on, you'll only get to this stage when you start doing it and I'd probably start with just 2 positions to ease your little people into this exciting world of emotional trend trading....
Oh yes... im adding positions for the last weeks... And man... this PASR thing is the pure movement of the markets...

For real i didnt imagine this kind of trading with Monthly, Weekly and Daily... Doing Boss Swing we only see the PASR at Boss and then the Target (next S&R) And following it! Making the Add Ons on Worker and maybe one lower timeframe..

But the think that i dont get it is about the stoploss... My stoploss management is moving it above of each Confirmed Swing or above of Boss Candles...
Or for example if the price arrive in to a PASR zone or just a very close of it and makes a PASR the Candle on Worker -> for example <- if im going shorts, and the price make a Hammer.. i set my SL above of that Hammer...

But sometimes, when i move the Stoploss above of the next swing, sometimes the market just take my stoploss and continue the trend that i was trading.

Then:

"Sometimes" (This word is that make my to question about stoploss because i dont have a solid solid rule for it)

1) Split the Stoploss, A few i leave in to the intial stoploss, others next confirmed swing.
2) Move all the stoploss to the confirmed swing.

About "Little People" im trading with small lotsizes with a good balance account, so doesnt affect me the drawdown and those kind of stuff... In fact my mind is first LEARNING and second Making Money... My Mind is for Learn all the possible stuff everyday and trying to make the best decisions with a very very low risk.. and that is paying me some money while im learning.

Then when the price hit me stoploss, my emotions are in control because the low risk..

But if i set the stoploss in the intial position, and after 1 or 2 add on.. (the avarage line entry is now lower..) and if the price retrace and hits ur stoploss.. Now the risk n reward of the add ons are small than the first one, and the hit is bigger... But if u are moving the stoploss, the market can take u out maybe in breakeven but for only continue the trend.

More later im going to post a chart about the AUDCAD in December, maybe in there i can explain better.

Thank you.

windofmarch Jan 13, 2019 5:59am | Post# 9765

4 Attachment(s)
EUR / AUD TRADING 4H

BIG BOSS: makes an LL and a (probable) LH on the resistance;

BOSS: swing high confirmed with new WCC;

DAILY: 1.5850 area rather busy, but with the price that closes under the Strat Shadow

WORKER 4H: wait for a pullback around 1.6000 resistance with 1 TP in 1.5850 area.

It can be a possibility.
Greetings to all.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.Monthly.png
Size: 48 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.Weekly.png
Size: 57 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.Daily.png
Size: 51 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.H4.png
Size: 20 KB

strat Jan 13, 2019 9:36am | Post# 9766

1 Attachment(s)
This week ! {quote} #3679 {image} {image}
From February 09, 2009:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...59#post2570659

Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 47 KB

Plateaus Jan 13, 2019 9:54am | Post# 9767

{quote} as I continue the journey, It seems like you are taking learning PASR seriously so let's help you along THE PATH. One day all of my trades hit my SLs which was a wakeup call. I was doing it all wrong. Yet another example of taking a very successful and consistently profitable strategy and screwing it up by incorrect understanding and application I was being careless, trying to "predict" where price would go instead of looking for valid PA setups on SR lines. So this tells me you either flash read or you do not absorb the information you...
Hi Strat, thank you very much for the through reply and also for posting the chart!

My entry on this trade was based on price being held by the Resistance on 1.366 specially the candle on the 27th of december. I put a Sell stop below it at 1.355 (SL above 1.366). My first area of concern would be the top of the strat shadow which would give me close to a 1:1 RR . The shadow kept going up afterwards, which would make my RR worse, but I thought I it would be possible to move to BE quite fast if price could break the 1.356 support which could then become a resistance.

Looking back at it I have some doubts about the candle on the 27th. I looked at it as a hammer from a very strong resistance. But there are things that worry me much now: the shadow is a bit smaller than the body, and it happened after a small retracement, it was also a BUOEB with a long shadow on the top, so a strong BOND candidate?

I would also like to ask about SR placement, if I may. Comparing the chart you posted to mine, I had my SL positioned above the Support I'd marked on 1.318 but I saw your support is marked 1.3128. Is my line relevant but of less importance than the support you marked on 1.3128, or is mine altogether off? I ask this to try to better understand effective SR placement.

Attachment 3163561

Attachment 3163560

Regarding the area you have marked on the chart with the ellipse, i'll have a try on it: it seems that price had a rough time getting lower for now but got rejected by strat shadow on the worker, so we have to keep an eye on what price does next, if it can break the Boss 20 (support at 1.324) or the Worker 20 (resistance).

Well, back to F12 and the beginning of the thread, lots to learn!

Thank you for the guidance

tommyFL Jan 13, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 9768

Thanks BeyondTheSea, Suran and huatzhi, really helpful comments.

GBPNZD {quote} In addition to the valuable comments from BeyondTheSea, Suran and huatzhi - TRADERS HELPING TRADERS - where are the rest of you? Big Boss Note hutazhi's comments - we need a birds eye view from 50,000ft on the Big Boss so zoom out. the strat shadow (is that trademarked?! Yes, that is why 3 ex students have been issued with "Cease and Desist" orders for not only copying and selling PASR but also the Strat Shadow. BB in downtrend, price rejected off the top of the strat shadow (is that trademarked?!) September and October (Sept. looks...
Up... and I actually have written in my notes, from the other thread, to check the direction of the latest swing in the boss. I didn't follow my notes.

I remember Cannon & Ball! Although when I was growing up their star was fading.

AliJ. Jan 13, 2019 2:46pm | Post# 9769

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} From February 09, 2009: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...59#post2570659 {image}
Thank you Strat
Honestly .... I try all I have as much as i can.
I spend all my time living with PASR ONLY (from the time of my wake up until the time of my sleep)ٌ Reading , Trying to understand , Practicing , Viewing as much as i can from charts ,Thinking by how to applying the Psychology stuff .
I really try every effort possible.

This PDF a sample of my trades :
1.pdf

I think I was applying PASR . But the result is NOT
Any comment/s will be a matter of thanks and gratitude
Regard .

My gratitude and thanks to all the friends who made their effort to try and help me. And really your words were useful and influential

BeyondTheSea Jan 13, 2019 3:15pm | Post# 9770

2 Attachment(s)
EUR / AUD TRADING 4H BIG BOSS: makes an LL and a (probable) LH on the resistance; BOSS: swing high confirmed with new WCC; DAILY: 1.5850 area rather busy, but with the price that closes under the Strat Shadow WORKER 4H: wait for a pullback around 1.6000 resistance with 1 TP in 1.5850 area. It can be a possibility. Greetings to all. {image} {image} {image} {image}
Hi

Not sure I'm seeing our understand you're WCC "BOSS: swing high confirmed with new WCC;"

However, I'm managing a couple of positions in this and watching 1.5815 area for a wobble and potential take profit.

My style is different from yours I don't wait for pullbacks to get into the trade as more often than not they don't seem to pullback when I tell them too!

Note stop is hard stop, not mental stop..

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDDaily.png
Size: 56 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDH4.png
Size: 39 KB

bistolis Jan 13, 2019 4:25pm | Post# 9771

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you Strat Honestly .... I try all I have as much as i can. I spend all my time living with PASR ONLY (from the time of my wake up until the time of my sleep)ٌ Reading , Trying to understand , Practicing , Viewing as much as i can from charts ,Thinking by how to applying the Psychology stuff . I really try every effort possible. This PDF a sample of my trades : {image} I think I was applying PASR . But the result is NOT Any comment/s will be a matter of thanks and gratitude Regard . My gratitude and thanks to all the friends who...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 91 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: samples.JPG
Size: 101 KB
Name:  Screenshot2.png
Views: 555
Size:  19 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 41 KB

you don't have to wait to re-evaluate the entry and get out with a smaller loss. on almost all cases the entry is wrong for my tastes
if this is M5 you should move to a higher timeframe. it will ease the pressure and you have more time to think between candles

AliJ. Jan 13, 2019 4:53pm | Post# 9772

{quote} {image} {image} {image} {image} you don't have to wait to re-evaluate the entry and get out with a smaller loss. on almost all cases the entry is wrong for my tastes if this is M5 you should move to a higher timeframe. it will ease the pressure and you have more time to think between candles
Dear bistolis ...
Thank you very much
I have some problems during live trading. (Greed&Fear)
Because the time I am trading , dead time and low liquidity(After London close ). This reduces my chances of success. Because my concentration is distracted and my mind begins to read patterns wrongly, as you have shown me.
This week I will try a higher timeframe (15min ONLY) . Also, I will be re-evaluate my technical setups and my Money Managements . The result will be a Judge .
Whatever the outcome, I will continue on my Learning way. I am all confident that ALL you will guide me on the right path every time I deviate.
Thank you from my heart for the effort you have made to me.
Regards

HappyTrend Jan 13, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 9773

{quote} Dear bistolis ... Thank you very much I have some problems during live trading. (Greed&Fear) Because the time I am trading , dead time and low liquidity(After London close ). This reduces my chances of success. Because my concentration is distracted and my mind begins to read patterns wrongly, as you have shown me. This week I will try a higher timeframe (15min ONLY) . Also, I will be re-evaluate my technical setups and my Money Managements . The result will be a Judge . Whatever the outcome, I will continue on my Learning way. I am all...

Why u dont try higher timeframes like H4 D1 W1 M1? Believe me... is more better and the Support and Resistance are more powerful than lower timeframes...

And you have enough time for fresh ur mind for the next trade in higher timeframes.

AliJ. Jan 13, 2019 5:44pm | Post# 9774

{quote} Why u dont try higher timeframes like H4 D1 W1 M1? Believe me... is more better and the Support and Resistance are more powerful than lower timeframes... And you have enough time for fresh ur mind for the next trade in higher timeframes.
Dear HT ...
Thank you for your effort .I hope you will continue with me without boredom

Now I am in a journey (To Learn about My Self as Trader)to find the time frame that fit my self . Now I am quite sure that the (1 & 5 min) does not fit me .(Maybe in future it will). I WILL NOT USING IT ANY MORE .
I will try them gradually from the smallest. In order to convince myself as I convinced her this week.
Thank you for help me , I really appreciate that
Regards

HappyTrend Jan 13, 2019 6:11pm | Post# 9775

{quote} Dear HT ... Thank you for your effort .I hope you will continue with me without boredom Now I am in a journey (To Learn about My Self as Trader)to find the time frame that fit my self . Now I am quite sure that the (1 & 5 min) does not fit me .(Maybe in future it will). I WILL NOT USING IT ANY MORE . I will try them gradually from the smallest. In order to convince myself as I convinced her this week. Thank you for help me , I really appreciate that Regards

I dont know from when you are in the thread... I start with TICK CHARTS! (Less of 1 min.. in seconds a new candle..) And start going higher and higher... Now im thinking to eliminate 100% the intraday trading for an easy reason..... HIGHER TIMEFRAMES, the Support and Resistance are more powerful... Lets just think in the "common" timeframe...

Add Support Resistance Yearly, add SR Monthly, Add SR Weekly, Add SR Daily, Add SR H4, ADD SR H1, ADD SR 30m, ADD SR 15min, ADD SR 5, ADD SR 1M...

And those are the common timeframes.. now exist traders that are trading customizes timeframe.. Like me that in the past i trade H2 H6 H8 and in there exist support and resistance too (in fact in all the charts are support and resistance)..

Now in Intraday.. EVERYWHERE are Support and Resistance... BUT... in HIGHER TIMEFRAMES... are "LESS Support and Resistance"... And a Resistance in a WEEKLY or Monthly Chart.... is the same RESISTANCE of ALL TIMEFRAMES!!!!

Is the reason that highertimeframes are very very powerful...

Then, in Intraday you have a "Trading Hours..." depend in ur timezone.... You trade from this time to that time...

Maybe in ur trading time, you got stopped out because the price stop and reverse, but didnt reverse just stuck in there doing ranging mode....

Your Trading Hours is gone.. and u leave ur deskop until tomorrow... for only watch hours later.. that after ur trading hours close.. the price start moving again with a big trend...

In Higher Timeframes... you are going to catch all those movement... ALWAYS! because u are trading WORKER that is DAILY TIMEFRAME! From everywhere u can watch daily candles.

HappyTrend Jan 13, 2019 9:18pm | Post# 9776

{quote} Hi Not sure I'm seeing our understand you're WCC "BOSS: swing high confirmed with new WCC;" However, I'm managing a couple of positions in this and watching 1.5815 area for a wobble and potential take profit. My style is different from yours I don't wait for pullbacks to get into the trade as more often than not they don't seem to pullback when I tell them too! Note stop is hard stop, not mental stop.. {image} {image}
I have 2 shorts entries too with avarage price 1.6008... hahaha with the same stoploss level... And that is just a question...

The StopLevel in there is good? (I place in there because in lowertimeframe looks a nice swing down... but in Daily Timeframe is about 1.6600 where is the initial stoploss entry)

With this Swing Down at Boss, im looking for an addon on daily... and the pullback in daily can be strong because the next level in daily is ema 200 and in boss we are at StratShadow... then i dont know where is the best stoploss level at this moment...

But at this moment, my stoploss level is like yours.... and i feel comfortable in there because if im looking for an entry i should place my stoploss at lowertimeframe and is in there.

Suran Jan 13, 2019 10:14pm | Post# 9777

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Chart analysis

EURNZD

Weekly

Swing high confirmed at 1.71 level. Strat shadow ,S/R level and 50% FIB retracement providing strong resistance at 1.71 level. Bearish
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDmicroWeekly.png
Size: 34 KB
Daily
Confirmed swing high. PRICE in a down swing. 1.71 S/R level ,200 and strat shadow providing resistance. Bearish
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDmicroDaily.png
Size: 47 KB
H4

In a down swing PRICE retracing. watch for PRICE action at strat shadow and 200 resistance area.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDmicroH4.png
Size: 44 KB

Suranga

Rub Jan 14, 2019 12:09am | Post# 9778

1 Attachment(s)
EUR / AUD TRADING 4H BIG BOSS: makes an LL and a (probable) LH on the resistance; BOSS: swing high confirmed with new WCC; DAILY: 1.5850 area rather busy, but with the price that closes under the Strat Shadow WORKER 4H: wait for a pullback around 1.6000 resistance with 1 TP in 1.5850 area. It can be a possibility. Greetings to all. {image} {image} {image} {image}
I have also been looking to short this pair, already missed one opportunity to enter. You're right about the confirmed swing high, but there's now new weekly control candle.

Hi all, Chart analysis EURNZD Weekly Swing high confirmed at 1.71 level. Strat shadow ,S/R level and 50% FIB retracement providing strong resistance at 1.71 level. Bearish {image} Daily Confirmed swing high. PRICE in a down swing. 1.71 S/R level ,200 and strat shadow providing resistance. Bearish {image} H4 In a down swing PRICE retracing. watch for PRICE action at strat shadow and 200 resistance area. {image} Suranga
It's very similar to EUR/AUD. I already tried to short when I saw a lower high, but got stopped out (see chart). You look to have a solid plan, and I will be looking for similar.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDH4.png
Size: 43 KB

Suran Jan 14, 2019 2:21am | Post# 9779

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I have also been looking to short this pair, already missed one opportunity to enter. You're right about the confirmed swing high, but there's now new weekly control candle. {quote} It's very similar to EUR/AUD. I already tried to short when I saw a lower high, but got stopped out (see chart). You look to have a solid plan, and I will be looking for similar. {image}
Hi Rub,

May be you should hv watched PRICE action around 1.6850 -1.69 area. 200 also might provide support here. Daily 20 also in that area. That BUEB might have allowed you a early exit.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDH4.png
Size: 31 KB

Suranga

Rub Jan 14, 2019 2:47am | Post# 9780

{quote} Hi Rub, May be you should hv watched PRICE action around 1.6850 -1.69 area. 200 also might provide support here. Daily 20 also in that area. That BUEB might have allowed you a early exit. {image} Suranga
Should have, could have. If wishes were fishes and all that, these are the mistakes I'm still making.

© Forex Factory