Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

Scrumy May 13, 2019 1:42pm | Post# 11521

1 Attachment(s)
GBPJPY, M5, Basic PASR

M5 went into Swing down (M15 and H1 were in a downswing as well). So everything aligned.
Lots of confluence: Price below EMA200, Price below Strat Shadow, BEEB near Strat Shadow top.

SL: 31pips (small red line I drew), went for 1.5R which I banked.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM5.png
Size: 49 KB

Scrumy May 13, 2019 1:53pm | Post# 11522

1 Attachment(s)
EURJPY, M5, Basic PASR

Here some mistakes. Little people got in the way.

(1): only M15 was aligned (in a downswing), therefore chickened out.
(2): accidentally entered with two positions instead of one and closed one of them as PRICE went against me.
(3): booked 50% at 1R and the other 50% couple of minutes later as those tails appeared.

In total 0.6R.

Feedback welcome.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM5.png
Size: 79 KB

Scrumy May 13, 2019 2:11pm | Post# 11523

2 Attachment(s)
NZDUSD, M5, Basic PASR

Both M5 and M15 were in a downswing. Price was ranging. SL/TP 5/8.
Edit: just want to add some thoughts why I entered where I entered. Price was already before in a downswing, but didn't close below EMA200. Additionally I wanted to wait for PRICE to close below Strat Shadow. And my entry met those criteria. But now in hindsight there is lots of PA at where I entered when you look left (there is a SR at around directly my entry point, PRICE reacted a couple of times at this level).

Entry:
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM5 Entry.png
Size: 75 KB

After:
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM5 After.png
Size: 68 KB

Outcome: -1R.

Fredrik7 May 13, 2019 3:09pm | Post# 11524

NZDUSD, M5, Basic PASR Both M5 and M15 were in a downswing. Price was ranging. SL/TP 5/8. Edit: just want to add some thoughts why I entered where I entered. Price was already before in a downswing, but didn't close below EMA200. Additionally I wanted to wait for PRICE to close below Strat Shadow. And my entry met those criteria. But now in hindsight there is lots of PA at where I entered when you look left (there is a SR at around directly my entry point, PRICE reacted a couple of times at this level). Entry: {image} After: {image} Outcome: -1R....
why not re enter? shame to miss out on such a nice move

Mhons May 14, 2019 3:17am | Post# 11525

NZDUSD, M5, Basic PASR Both M5 and M15 were in a downswing. Price was ranging. SL/TP 5/8. Edit: just want to add some thoughts why I entered where I entered. Price was already before in a downswing, but didn't close below EMA200. Additionally I wanted to wait for PRICE to close below Strat Shadow. And my entry met those criteria. But now in hindsight there is lots of PA at where I entered when you look left (there is a SR at around directly my entry point, PRICE reacted a couple of times at this level). Entry: {image} After: {image} Outcome: -1R....
Why to trade these piece of crap on M5, when you compare spread and volatility it make no sense to trade it?

Plateaus May 14, 2019 9:23am | Post# 11526

Quick tip:
Just now it occurred to me that a Candle Closing Time Remaining Indicator could make a sound.
I've found that this helps me on smaller time frames like 5min and 15min ( on 1 min it just beeps too much

Also, you change the .wav if you like

I'm using Candle Closing Time Remaining (CCTR) Version 3 found in mql5

This is probably obvious, but being new to this, I had not realised it yet...

best
peter

bistolis May 14, 2019 9:47am | Post# 11527

Quick tip: Just now it occurred to me that a Candle Closing Time Remaining Indicator could make a sound. I've found that this helps me on smaller time frames like 5min and 15min ( on 1 min it just beeps too much Also, you change the .wav if you like I'm using Candle Closing Time Remaining (CCTR) Version 3 found in mql5 This is probably obvious, but being new to this, I had not realised it yet... best peter
If it works for you. beeping every 5mins is too much for me , every 1min ?! fuhgedaboutit

Plateaus May 14, 2019 10:47am | Post# 11528

{quote} If it works for you. beeping every 5mins is too much for me , every 1min ?! fuhgedaboutit
Lol!
Definitely, 1min requires no sounds!
Either way something very subtle is always better.

I mean you could go "luigi oh yeah style", but I think that could possibly drive to psychopathic behaviours...

I was going to post links to .wav files but i rather not post anything to external sources, if you search google for "findsounds" or wav sounds, there is a lot to play with

JCMPete May 14, 2019 10:58am | Post# 11529

Hi Scrumy

Not easy making trading decisions at the hard right edge, but as you point you traded right into a SR. My further 5 cents worth (in Hindsight )is there was no real PA at that would entice me to enter. The candle was just a bearish candle with longish upper and lower wicks that closed below the Strat Shadow. The strat shadow and 200 was also flat at the time. Looking a few candles tothe right from your entry there was a huge bearish candle which confirmed the breakout below the Strat Shadow so maybe a good strategy would have been to place your entry a few pips below your original entry candle and waited for the break below Strat Shadow confirmation to happen. Just a thought...

Regards
Pete

JCMPete May 14, 2019 12:07pm | Post# 11530

3 Attachment(s)
AudJpy Analysis:

Big Boss:

Strat Shadow Red - Immediate trend down as well. The current candle although not completed yet looks like pushing to continue the downtrend. It may however halt at the suport line price is at now.

Boss:

Interesting how false breakouts can reverse. The orange box on my chart was a WCC where price initially closed above the WCC. From there it dropped without any regard of the upper and lower ranges of the WCC. Big Boss cleared his throat and Boss listened. price is hesitating now at support. I am saying hesitating because off the longer lower wick same as the previous wick, Big Boys applying a bit of brakes maybeas we approach support? Will be interesting to see if it will close below support, continuing the downtrend or will we have a retracement giving either basic PASR back down to Support or Trend COntinuation if the support line does not hold?

Worker:

Decisions, decisions...Yesterday has already closed below support with today an inner bar so far. let's see where it closes...

Regards
Pete
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 96 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 96 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 97 KB

JCMPete May 14, 2019 12:22pm | Post# 11531

3 Attachment(s)
AudUsd Analysis:

Very similar to my AudJpy Analysis above...

Regards
Pete
Click to Enlarge

Size: 93 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 101 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 107 KB

JCMPete May 14, 2019 12:49pm | Post# 11532

2 Attachment(s)
CadJpy Analysis:

Will we see a close below the WCC and if we do, will it be a false breakout?

Regards
Pete
Click to Enlarge

Size: 99 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 101 KB

JCMPete May 14, 2019 12:53pm | Post# 11533

Enough from me today, I have RugRats to do battle with...

To be or not to be...
To Trade or not to Trade...
To TRUST or not to TRUST...

Regards
Pete

Alesiosc May 14, 2019 4:10pm | Post# 11534

{quote} Why to trade these piece of crap on M5, when you compare spread and volatility it make no sense to trade it?
All part of the practice and experience required to trade PASR my friend.

All the Best

Scrumy May 14, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 11535

{quote} Why to trade these piece of crap on M5, when you compare spread and volatility it make no sense to trade it?
Thanks for your feedback Mhons. The spread on my broker is 0.3 pips. Volatility is lower (compared to e.g. GBPNZD, but SL is smaller as well), point taken.

My trade was just Basic PASR. I am not trying to go for 7R on these type of trades.

Scrumy May 14, 2019 4:27pm | Post# 11536

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Scrumy Not easy making trading decisions at the hard right edge, but as you point you traded right into a SR. My further 5 cents worth (in Hindsight )is there was no real PA at that would entice me to enter. The candle was just a bearish candle with longish upper and lower wicks that closed below the Strat Shadow. The strat shadow and 200 was also flat at the time. Looking a few candles tothe right from your entry there was a huge bearish candle which confirmed the breakout below the Strat Shadow so maybe a good strategy would...
Thanks Pete. A flat Strat Shadow and EMA200 is the reason I entered for this Basic PASR trade.

I marked the candle you are referring to (1) and yes, that would have been a way better entry.
The candle also broke that mentioned support (2) with lots of momentum.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM5.png
Size: 72 KB

I need to be more selective. Thanks again.

Rub May 15, 2019 3:09am | Post# 11537

AudUsd Analysis: Very similar to my AudJpy Analysis above... Regards Pete {image} {image} {image}
Be warned there's a federal election this weekend in Australia, I suspect a Labor party win is being priced in, along with the trade war. A Liberal party win may cause a bit of a spike up.

I'm staying out for now, and wondering just how badly I'm going to be screwed no matter who wins.

Mhons May 15, 2019 4:10am | Post# 11538

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys,
done for today, Simple trend PASR, but no easy, remember you need volatility and momentum and PRICE will show you the way

Green pips to all

Click to Enlarge

Name: UsaIndM1.png
Size: 37 KB

JCMPete May 15, 2019 4:53am | Post# 11539

{quote} Be warned there's a federal election this weekend in Australia, I suspect a Labor party win is being priced in, along with the trade war. A Liberal party win may cause a bit of a spike up. I'm staying out for now, and wondering just how badly I'm going to be screwed no matter who wins.
Hmmm, thank you for the heads up Rub.

Much appreciated!
Pete

JCMPete May 15, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 11540

1 Attachment(s)
GbpUsd

Bond or not?

Regards
Pete
Click to Enlarge

Size: 100 KB