Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

JCMPete Feb 11, 2019 11:58pm | Post# 10341

{quote} Tricky one for me Pete. I'm more inclined to look for a BASIC PASR buy depending what gives. Boss swings on this pair never seem to line up for me with it seeming too choppy to trade them without enough RR. {image}
Thank you for the comment BTS.Lets see what PASR brings us.

Regards
Pete

Rub Feb 12, 2019 12:56am | Post# 10342

2 Attachment(s)
Who else is watching with interest?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDWeekly.png
Size: 45 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDDaily.png
Size: 53 KB

HappyTrend Feb 12, 2019 1:00am | Post# 10343

{quote} Tricky one for me Pete. I'm more inclined to look for a BASIC PASR buy depending what gives. Boss swings on this pair never seem to line up for me with it seeming too choppy to trade them without enough RR. {image}
I think both directions right now is dangerous...

Im looking it too but i see this 2 things:

Short Bias (In my point of view more powerful):

BEEB Boss Swing is Confirmed Down, from StratShadow and Resistance.

The Short start from Worker/Lower TimeFrame PASR

Now we are at the zone of their TakeProfits but still with Power of Long Term Trades (Boss Swing Down)

The Problem is that we are at Support from the new HL HH... We are at Support of that HL, right now double bottom...

Buy Bias (In my point of view, weak)

The Good Thing is we are at support but...

Support LL, LH, HL and Double Top with a Resistance BEEB of BossChart.
The Support Boss Chart HL is not that powerful if that HL is from a Uptrend.

Now in Worker, the buyers are trying to push up the price but the sellers still in there... The close of Workers is lower each time.. Sellers still winning..

The only buy time for me is in Lowertimeframe with Worker going up.

Suran Feb 12, 2019 1:18am | Post# 10344

1 Attachment(s)
NzdUsd Analysis For background purposes -... Boss: Strat Shadow negative, Confirmed Swing High in place at top of Strat Shadow. BEEB straddles Strat Shadow. ..

Pete,

apparently Boss swing high not confirmed yet.because the Bar not yet taken out the LOW

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 22 KB

p.s. ohh sorry mistake.forget this.read the candle wrongly. its confirmed swing high.

Rub Feb 12, 2019 4:50am | Post# 10345

3 Attachment(s)

GBPAUD 5 minute bootcamp 12-feb-2019

Everyone knows the deal by now I'm sure. Charts are showing where I draw the support and resistance from on H4, H1, then my 5 minute chart.

1. Sold close below strat shadow and support, with solid bearish bar. Stop near last high.
  2. Close below recent lows, making a new low, although looking at it I have sold into the 50 middle number.
  3. 1&2 taken out for a slight profit on 1, and break even on 2. Price kept being smashed down in the consolidation and creeping up, so I was holding for a break below support.

Calling it a night with a few candles left before my usual finish time, it's been a long day and I'm not inclined to sit up late to watch the trade if something comes up. I'm ok with tonight's work, felt like I should've closed out earlier in the consolidation. Overall profitable though so not going to complain!

P.s. as I typed this price has formed a fantastic short signal (not on my chart, picture taken before writing this up). That's the way things go I suppose.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD H4.png
Size: 101 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD H1.png
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD 5 min.png

Hickson Feb 12, 2019 8:14am | Post# 10346

1 Attachment(s)
Desire: Working on improvement

Chart: GBPUSD M5

HLs and big bars pressing back against broken support indicate buyers have not given up yet (well, it was my interpretation)

Entry on support + Strat Shadow take out, Exit at resistance. SL below Shadow. Was lucky the momentum came in so fast. Trade not really ideal in my view: Counter trend! Overall, not happy with the trading day, although profitable.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 48 KB

BeyondTheSea Feb 12, 2019 11:41am | Post# 10347

{quote} I think both directions right now is dangerous... Im looking it too but i see this 2 things: Short Bias (In my point of view more powerful): BEEB Boss Swing is Confirmed Down, from StratShadow and Resistance. The Short start from Worker/Lower TimeFrame PASR Now we are at the zone of their TakeProfits but still with Power of Long Term Trades (Boss Swing Down) The Problem is that we are at Support from the new HL HH... We are at Support of that HL, right now double bottom... Buy Bias (In my point of view, weak) The Good Thing is we are at...
I agree. There are easier pairs to choose from.

BeyondTheSea Feb 12, 2019 11:46am | Post# 10348

Desire: Working on improvement Chart: GBPUSD M5 HLs and big bars pressing back against broken support indicate buyers have not given up yet (well, it was my interpretation) Entry on support + Strat Shadow take out, Exit at resistance. SL below Shadow. Was lucky the momentum came in so fast. Trade not really ideal in my view: Counter trend! Overall, not happy with the trading day, although profitable. {image}
Good exit!

BeyondTheSea Feb 12, 2019 11:47am | Post# 10349

1 Attachment(s)
GBPCAD M5

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM5.png
Size: 35 KB

Had a bit of chart time today. Two nice little trades..

Rub Feb 12, 2019 2:25pm | Post# 10350

1 Attachment(s)
Desire: Working on improvement Chart: GBPUSD M5 HLs and big bars pressing back against broken support indicate buyers have not given up yet (well, it was my interpretation) Entry on support + Strat Shadow take out, Exit at resistance. SL below Shadow. Was lucky the momentum came in so fast. Trade not really ideal in my view: Counter trend! Overall, not happy with the trading day, although profitable. {image}
Nicely done, I probably would not have traded that at all. It'd already had a decent move.

GBPCAD M5 {image} Had a bit of chart time today. Two nice little trades..
Nice easy trading with the trend. Are you still just taking bites of the trend?

Keeping an eye on NZDCAD today, and the EURUSD chart I posted last night is tempting too.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCADDaily.png
Size: 45 KB

Hickson Feb 12, 2019 3:23pm | Post# 10351

{quote} Nicely done, I probably would not have traded that at all. It'd already had a decent move. {quote} Nice easy trading with the trend. Are you still just taking bites of the trend? Keeping an eye on NZDCAD today, and the EURUSD chart I posted last night is tempting too. {image}
Second GBPCAD setup of BeyondTheSea looked like a sore thumb ... stress free trade. True with GBPUSD, it was not the best setup for me. Only the RR made up for it and the PA that hinted another test of R might be in the cards after it stopped going down and started going up again from S. Maybe that seems like clever sounding blabla after the facts, but that is what I saw when I took the trade.

Not trading NZDCAD, but highly interested in daily close at your EURUSD to see what the PA at longterm S is like.

BeyondTheSea Feb 12, 2019 3:48pm | Post# 10352

{quote} Nicely done, I probably would not have traded that at all. It'd already had a decent move. {quote} Nice easy trading with the trend. Are you still just taking bites of the trend? Keeping an eye on NZDCAD today, and the EURUSD chart I posted last night is tempting too. {image}
Hi Rub

Yes, I just had a few hours while doing the other job on the other laptop keeping an eye on the charts. I've learned that if I concentrate too hard on trading it goes down the sink fast!

Have to say though it's taken many hours of screen time to get the pressure off my back and getting to the point that taking a couple of 20 pip consecutive trades over and over after the GBP London fakeout is better for me than holding out for the few home runs.
I'm making plans to trade regularly in the morning GMT session in about two months time so I can get some consistency like Strat does during his mornings across the pond.

All part of the grand plan, my friend!

Rub Feb 13, 2019 4:35am | Post# 10353

3 Attachment(s)

GBPAUD 5min boot camp 13-feb-2019

Same as usual, vertical line for London open, horizontal lines to show support and resistance. I'm aware there is GBP news about 1.5 hours into the session. So, onwards!

1. Rejection of strat shadow, small doji, and in continuation of the European open. Stop is below previous low, set early in the previous hour, and was hit the next bar.
  2. Much better entry I should've waited for in the first place. Almost hit my stop about 15 minutes after entry. Exit for a couple of pips loss after a big down candle.

Not really a good night for trading, probably everyone waiting for the news release I'm guessing. ended up calling it done halfway through the candle marked news, I'm not really interested in staying up later waiting for it to die down.
So a couple of small losses in the end. Comments welcome.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD H4.png
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD H1.png
Size: 98 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP m5.png
Size: 105 KB

bistolis Feb 13, 2019 5:08am | Post# 10354

1 Attachment(s)
GBPAUD 5min boot camp 13-feb-2019 Same as usual, vertical line for London open, horizontal lines to show support and resistance. I'm aware there is GBP news about 1.5 hours into the session. So, onwards! Rejection of strat shadow, small doji, and in continuation of the European open. Stop is below previous low, set early in the previous hour, and was hit the next bar. Much better entry I should've waited for in the first place. Almost hit my stop about 15 minutes after entry. Exit for a couple of pips loss after a big down candle. Not really a good...
Hi
Click to Enlarge

Name: GA m5.JPG
Size: 135 KB
Blue box is classic London Open volatility for me
there are SR all around and strat shadow flat. I would switch to the next chart. Nothing much going in this chart at that point, before CPI news.

LuisRicardo Feb 13, 2019 7:38am | Post# 10355

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} That looks correct to me, all in weekly control candles. What's your plan for them though? {quote} Thanks Pete. There could be an "ATM" trade in it but I don't think there's much more than a 1:1 R:R anywhere soon. Probably best to leave it for now or trade on a lower time frame. {quote} I am inclined toward price will follow the trend on boss and continue down following the price action. The weekly control candle doesn't mean quite as much in this instance. I like to think of it as an easy way of identifying and labeling consolidation. {quote}...
Rub, EURNZD go short, but was hard to catch
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190213-082805_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
Size: 421 KB

strat Feb 13, 2019 9:51am | Post# 10356

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 51 KB

strat Feb 13, 2019 9:59am | Post# 10357

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 42 KB

HappyTrend Feb 13, 2019 10:02am | Post# 10358

{image}

Hello Strat, in your trading time (morning) you always have 2.6 of spread avarage?

I want to try to intraday but i dont know.. the spread dont convince me for trade it.

strat Feb 13, 2019 10:20am | Post# 10359

{quote} Hello Strat, in your trading time (morning) you always have 2.6 of spread avarage? I want to try to intraday but i dont know.. the spread dont convince me for trade it.
The spread is insignificant compared to the $ earned!

strat Feb 13, 2019 10:25am | Post# 10360

GBPAUD 5min boot camp 13-feb-2019 Same as usual, vertical line for London open, horizontal lines to show support and resistance. I'm aware there is GBP news about 1.5 hours into the session. So, onwards! Rejection of strat shadow, small doji, and in continuation of the European open. Stop is below previous low, set early in the previous hour, and was hit the next bar. Much better entry I should've waited for in the first place. Almost hit my stop about 15 minutes after entry. Exit for a couple of pips loss after a big down candle. Not really a good...
Ben, when the Strat Shadow is flat then just trade Basic PASR.

© Forex Factory