Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

strat Feb 1, 2019 9:56am | Post# 10161

1 Attachment(s)
Even the tortoise produced pips today!

Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 52 KB

strat Feb 1, 2019 10:00am | Post# 10162

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone want to fight a BIG BOSS HAMMER AUDJPY?

I am sure there are many non PASR traders who will!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 58 KB

badeel Feb 1, 2019 10:07am | Post# 10163

1 Attachment(s)
this pair remain in trend and did well still gap in support
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 31 KB

Hickson Feb 1, 2019 10:30am | Post# 10164

No, that looks scary! EURCAD is interesting: The Big Boss slammed through the 20 on the close. The Boss and worker had already cleared the 20 before.

strat Feb 1, 2019 10:44am | Post# 10165

1 Attachment(s)
Happy February!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 40 KB

HappyTrend Feb 1, 2019 11:19am | Post# 10166

Happy February! {image}
Hahaha you are destroying it!

TerryDawe Feb 1, 2019 11:35am | Post# 10167

1 Attachment(s)
In keeping with checking longer term time frames for the 9 kiss pattern, here is an example of that failing and producing a good signal in the opposite direction. Waiting for the move back down from the retrace through the shadow and rather than getting a bearish candle, a BUEB formed at the bottom of the shadow which provided a signal to get long. The 9sma stayed above the shadow and continued upward to support the move back up.
Click to Enlarge

Name: nzdusddaily.PNG
Size: 59 KB

strat Feb 1, 2019 12:50pm | Post# 10168

1 Attachment(s)
In keeping with checking longer term time frames for the 9 kiss pattern, here is an example of that failing and producing a good signal in the opposite direction. Waiting for the move back down from the retrace through the shadow and rather than getting a bearish candle, a BUEB formed at the bottom of the shadow which provided a signal to get long. The 9sma stayed above the shadow and continued upward to support the move back up. {image}
That is making it complicated, Terry

The Strat Shadow has been POSITIVE since November 01, 2018

There were enough PASR Set Ups there to make even my one legged blind, deaf and dumb old man with asthma happy without having to think about anything else.

Be careful you don't go looking for what isn't there instead of trading the obvious.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 61 KB

TerryDawe Feb 1, 2019 2:51pm | Post# 10169

{quote} That is making it complicated, Terry The Strat Shadow has been POSITIVE since November 01, 2018 There were enough PASR Set Ups there to make even my one legged blind, deaf and dumb old man with asthma happy without having to think about anything else. Be careful you don't go looking for what isn't there instead of trading the obvious. {image}

Thanks Strat you are absolutely correct. I have been spending so much time bouncing around on different time frames that even though I identified the shadow turning positive back in November as you state, I didn't actually trade any of the good signals on the higher time frames.
I also find I get hung up on Weekly control candles which makes me blind to the worker action. It's almost four years now and still not getting it. Getting frustrated.

HappyTrend Feb 1, 2019 3:59pm | Post# 10170

{quote} That is making it complicated, Terry The Strat Shadow has been POSITIVE since November 01, 2018 There were enough PASR Set Ups there to make even my one legged blind, deaf and dumb old man with asthma happy without having to think about anything else. Be careful you don't go looking for what isn't there instead of trading the obvious. {image}

Im Have Buy orders in there too... But i think before market close if continue going down is going to take me out (trailing Stoploss). Because the "almost inside" shooting star at Resistance from Yesterday. And my Stoploss is bellow of it.

strat Feb 1, 2019 4:04pm | Post# 10171

{quote} Im Have Buy orders in there too... But i think before market close if continue going down is going to take me out (trailing Stoploss). Because the "almost inside" shooting star at Resistance from Yesterday. And my Stoploss is bellow of it.
Those 2 Shooting Stars are buyers taking their profits!

HappyTrend Feb 1, 2019 4:10pm | Post# 10172

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Those 2 Shooting Stars are buyers taking their profits!
Yes... is my "TakeProfitZone" and is the reason that immediately i move my stoploss of all the orders behind of the candle. Im Still trying to figured out what is better.. If hard takeprofits or trailing behind of the candles... Sometimes work better hard takeprofit, and sometimes work better trailing behind of the candles. But looking the markets is going to take me out if continue going a little lower.

Or Hard Takeprofit if is a inside bar. I just still making notes and learning.

EDIT:

NZDUSD WORKER

Click to Enlarge

Name: nzdusd worker.png
Size: 74 KB

Suran Feb 2, 2019 1:10am | Post# 10173

{quote} Wow this PASR thing is too beautiful.. PASR Periscope hits the ball out of the Park (again!)
PASR Periscope hits the ball out of the Park (again!)

Ha ha, today this chart gave me a good laugh. Someone Who have no idea what so ever about PERISCOPE set up came to argue with me about candle merging, Dr.Joe and other (good) stuff in pvt massaging. I asked to post his thoughts in public thread, but he was afraid to post and said " I will keep doing it in MY way" and kept arguing . I don't want to talk about these in pvt other than in here. Because I am also learning. so I told "that's good for you" kind of reply and disabled my PVT massaging option. Why waste my time for useless discussions?

Suranga

Suran Feb 2, 2019 2:37am | Post# 10174

{quote} Thanks Strat you are absolutely correct. I have been spending so much time bouncing around on different time frames that even though I identified the shadow turning positive back in November as you state, I didn't actually trade any of the good signals on the higher time frames. I also find I get hung up on Weekly control candles which makes me blind to the worker action. It's almost four years now and still not getting it. Getting frustrated.

Somewhere I read (may be in TITZ), it said if you not yet consistently profitable you should tighten your trading rules. I search this paragraph for you but couldn't. Anyway , there are many PASR trading signals happening every time frames. May be it might be better to focus on one set up you could consistently pick up and master it. Just my thoughts.

P.S. May be small fine tuning will do the trick. Not necessarily the trading rules I mean. But to fine tune , we need to find exactly where the problem is. that is the hardest part.It may be the time frame you trading, may be psychological issues or may be the trading SET UP you mastering..etc..

HappyTrend Feb 2, 2019 5:19am | Post# 10175

USDJPY

Who want to fight a "more or less" BigBoss Hammer at Support

Whit:

a "more or less" BOSS Swing Up

And:

a Powerful BUEB *Edit: WORKER!

Im Correct?

Jaizy Feb 2, 2019 7:31am | Post# 10176

USDJPY Who want to fight a "more or less" BigBoss Hammer at Support Whit: a "more or less" BOSS Swing Up And: a Powerful BUEB *Edit: WORKER! . Im Correct?
Indice wwc and towards the top.... For me i would Wait for a break above it. I'm no expert ... Just giving m'y opinion. Anyone care to comment?

TerryDawe Feb 2, 2019 9:26am | Post# 10177

{quote} Somewhere I read (may be in TITZ), it said if you not yet consistently profitable you should tighten your trading rules. I search this paragraph for you but couldn't. Anyway , there are many PASR trading signals happening every time frames. May be it might be better to focus on one set up you could consistently pick up and master it. Just my thoughts. P.S. May be small fine tuning will do the trick. Not necessarily the trading rules I mean. But to fine tune , we need to find exactly where the problem is. that is the hardest part.It may be...

Thanks Suran,

strat Feb 2, 2019 10:50am | Post# 10178

{quote} Yes... is my "TakeProfitZone" and is the reason that immediately i move my stoploss of all the orders behind of the candle. Im Still trying to figured out what is better.. If hard takeprofits or trailing behind of the candles... Sometimes work better hard takeprofit, and sometimes work better trailing behind of the candles. But looking the markets is going to take me out if continue going a little lower. Or Hard Takeprofit if is a inside bar. I just still making notes and learning. EDIT: NZDUSD WORKER {image}
I'm Still trying to figured out what is better.. If hard take profits or trailing behind of the candles...

Good job, HT. Keep experimenting and, after thousands of trades, you will find YOUR PASR trading style.

strat Feb 2, 2019 11:10am | Post# 10179

3 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Who want to fight a "more or less" BigBoss Hammer at Support Whit: a "more or less" BOSS Swing Up And: a Powerful BUEB *Edit: WORKER! . Im Correct?
Who want to fight a "more or less" BigBoss Hammer at Support With: a "more or less" BOSS Swing Up And: a Powerful BUEB *Edit: WORKER! . Im Correct?

No, just over exuberant!

The Big Boss Hammer fills half that Big Boss range so any trade from there will be trading from the centre of the range. This reduces the probability of profitable trades to 50% - not very good. In PASR, we trade from the extremes of the range with Basic PASR.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 58 KB

With a "more or less" BOSS Swing Up

No! The Boss "UP" swing is far from being confirmed with PRICE well and truly stuck in that 570 pip Weekly Control Candle.

Click to Enlarge

Name: b.PNG
Size: 66 KB

Don't be fooled by that BUEB on the Worker - the above conditions need to be met before we put our money on this.

Click to Enlarge

Name: c.PNG
Size: 50 KB

And, don't forget this:

From Strat's Mantra on Post 1 of https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=155459

We are PROFESSIONALS and PROFESSIONALS look for a reason NOT to take a trade

We are NOT Amateurs. Amateurs manage money by taking RISK.

PROFESSIONALS manage RISK by taking money.

strat Feb 2, 2019 11:32am | Post# 10180

{quote} Thanks Strat you are absolutely correct. I have been spending so much time bouncing around on different time frames that even though I identified the shadow turning positive back in November as you state, I didn't actually trade any of the good signals on the higher time frames. I also find I get hung up on Weekly control candles which makes me blind to the worker action. It's almost four years now and still not getting it. Getting frustrated.
spending so much time bouncing around on different time frames

There, straightaway is the major problem, Terry. This is just as bad as "Thread Hopping".

Drop everything you are doing now and find the time frame(s) you, and your personal circumstances, are comfortable with. Then, focus on them and ONLY THEM. You understand PASR so it is just a matter of applying it on that time frame(s). PASR strategies work on ALL time frames so just find the time frame(s) you can comfortably and profitably trade. Do not force yourself to trade a time frame(s) just because others are showing their success on them.

As I have posted many times, I spend 2 to 3 hours around 6:30am/7am Pacific Time each morning on M1, M5 and M15 which, for me, is really only one short time frame. After 2 hours, I am finished unless PRICE is still trending strongly, and even then will still get out after a big pip haul.

I cannot trade M30, H1 or H4 as my lifestyle does not allow me to be governed by these time intervals so I never mess with them unless someone asks for my comments.

I still trade the Daily and Weekly because they only take minutes for analysis and trade management.

I understand your frustration, Terry, but it really is self inflicted.

Find YOUR time frame(s), Terry - YOUR time frame(s) and IGNORE all others.

© Forex Factory