Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Strat's PASR Long Term, Stress Free Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=708441)

HappyTrend Jan 18, 2019 5:57pm | Post# 9901

{quote} Patience required this morning in PST to WAIT for pull back {image} {image}
Wow, Thank you for those pictures.

Hahahha almost!!!!!!! almost eh Strat! Almost i ask you the samething of always hahahahaha....

In my notes i have doing 3 different things in trades like yours (but obviously my add ons are very very conservative in my point of view... i mean your first entry of GBPAUD that looks a "ShootingStar" Rejected by ema 200 in a Downtrend but close "bullish" i dont enter in there and just for entry more later, more lower...)

In my notes i already did:

1) Your first and second entry, in that level makes the HL. StopLoss above of it... Next entries, the stoploss is always above of HL... TakeProfit.

2) Your First entry and second entry, in that level makes the HL, StopLoss Above of it... Next entries, the stoploss above of candles that close lower of the previous candle... Takeprofit.

3) Your First entry and Second entry, in that level makes the HL, StopLoss Above of it... Next entries, the stoploss above of each candle entry... i mean split the stoploss.

In all of those 3 Works and sometimes doesnt (obviously right.. haha, we dont know the price where is going to move 100% but we can know with a high probability)

And i ask with my self, how i felt after doing that... and my chose is the #2 but maybe is because as u said.. i dont want the price go against me and lossing my floating profit. (Helle Little Things..)

Anyway im still learning and practicing!

Next week im going to train looking for some of those trades that do a PASR but closing against (for example shootingstar in a bullish candle in a downtrend)

Have everyone an excellent weekend and time to study the trades of the previous week!

Rub Jan 18, 2019 11:03pm | Post# 9902

3 Attachment(s)
M1 BOOT CAMP {quote} I have time to answer this now because M5 and M15 do not qualify (yet) M1 BOOT CAMP The result matters not, Ben. What is important is that you have added valuable PASR trading experience. Bloody hell, it's mind numbing stuff though Keep doing it Ben because the longer you stick at it, the better PASR trader you will become and waiting for the next M1 candle will feel like an eternity! Make sure you spend time familiarising yourself with the M1 chart before thinking about trading. Get to ""feel"" it and where PRICE has been and...
Thank you for the feedback strat, I'll be trying to do this exercise a couple of times a week. It'll be a bit easier to work in once daylight savings goes away. The one questions I have are about drawing support and resistance.
As a general rule are we drawing using the next two time frames up? And if we're trading small time frame what do you do when price takes off into territory where you can't see anything even zoomed right out? Go one more time frame up to get the support or resistance?

{quote} an update on XAUUSD, (app 5 hours to close daily and wekly candle) BOSS: resistance holds for 3 weeks, we see 3 rejections...first shooting star, than doji, and now shooting star (as i said considering again after close) every high little bit lower, {image} WORKER: tighter and tighter range (coiling formation), 8 rejections of resistance, today break below the long term TL and 20 EMA, will se how it close of course...., {image} trade plan: entry sell stop below the low of today candle SL above high of 1,300 1st target around 1.260 ish (...
This is one I've noticed in my end of week analysis. I've got a fairly similar outlook to yours, but seeing it as counter trend so i'm ready to bail at the slightest hint of it turning around. If you can watch to find an entry in 4Hr you can probably get a better R:R for the first target.

I am also awfully tempted by the way GBP/USD closed...
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDMonthly.png
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDWeekly.png
Size: 34 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDDaily.png
Size: 32 KB

daoconsetre Jan 19, 2019 3:25am | Post# 9903

USDCAD BOSS {image} WORKER {image} First entry: Buyers losing strenght and very close to BIG RESSITANCE, BEOB... more or less a "SHOOTING STAR" (bullish) 3 days before of my first arrow and price didnt close above of it, and 3 days later, my first entry. Second Entry: Bellow of orange line for the breakout. Third Entry: Worker Candle Close bellow of the breakout. Now my trades are going to be manage as a Swing Boss, same plan that i post before with my USDMXN Trades. ********************* The current ENTRY LINE is the AVARAGE LINE of all the trades......
Tks much, i learn a lot from your post

castlebrook Jan 19, 2019 6:54am | Post# 9904

Use your "f12" key to move your charts one bar at a time to "relive" trades. This simulates trading the daily chart but from history. This is also what you SHOULD be doing when you are practicing your PASR on historical charts. Some wise man said "Practice makes perfect".
A wiser man said "Perfect practice makes perfect."

strat Jan 19, 2019 10:28am | Post# 9905

{quote} Wow, Thank you for those pictures. Hahahha almost!!!!!!! almost eh Strat! Almost i ask you the samething of always hahahahaha.... In my notes i have doing 3 different things in trades like yours (but obviously my add ons are very very conservative in my point of view... i mean your first entry of GBPAUD that looks a "ShootingStar" Rejected by ema 200 in a Downtrend but close "bullish" i dont enter in there and just for entry more later, more lower...) In my notes i already did: 1) Your first and second entry, in that level makes the HL....
Entries on both pairs was from M15 (can't focus on M5 watching grass grow). Add ons were from M5

2dollardog Jan 19, 2019 5:41pm | Post# 9906

1 Attachment(s)
Glad to have found your threads, strat. Thot I was crazy and alone. I trade off the 1h daily highs and lows. I trade every day that that shows up high probability leaving some to ride the daily trend. as shown. Massive ROI. No sweating. All trade are small and all trend trades are set to b/e. A break at b/e usually means the market maker is gaining liquidity for the continuance. I set an alarm. If it hits, I look to get back in. Losses are only at trend shifts and an occasional retrace.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 99 KB

Rufus Jan 20, 2019 11:03am | Post# 9907

1 Attachment(s)
EURNZD H4

{quote} It's a tricky game we play when we are trading and dealing with our own little people. Sometimes the thing to do is satisfy the little people and take some profit off the table. I missed one yesterday. Had a nice profit on a position and it flipped around to my stop. Kind of burned me up a tad. Regret can be a strong emotion to deal with...one of those pesky little people that yells pretty loud at times. With our FIFO rules it takes some planning and self analyzing to figure out what will work for you. You will find it if you persist.
{quote} So why don't you post the trade?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDH4.png
Size: 75 KB

There you go Strat...

Some chart activity for the weekend.

I knew when I posted my comment a request for a chart would soon follow. I should have just stuck the bugger in there.

I had a lot of work related things and problems pop up, got so involved that I completely forgot there was a position running. In one respect I was glad to see that I'm not glued to the computer but that was taking it a bit extreme. My intention was to reduce the position size at 1.5R even saw that hit, ignored it and went about my paperwork with a homeowners bank financing deadline approaching. Over the years it has been work getting in the way of trading. This problem is the focus this year. Hired my son to take over running jobs, hopefully soon I can just show up for work to do the complicated things and trade more without the mental distraction.

TerryDawe Jan 20, 2019 11:44am | Post# 9908

1 Attachment(s)
EURNZD H4 {quote} {quote} {image} There you go Strat... Some chart activity for the weekend. I knew when I posted my comment a request for a chart would soon follow. I should have just stuck the bugger in there. I had a lot of work related things and problems pop up, got so involved that I completely forgot there was a position running. In one respect I was glad to see that I'm not glued to the computer but that was taking it a bit extreme. My intention was to reduce the position size at 1.5R even saw that hit, ignored it and went about my paperwork...
Looks like you could have looked at that doji at the top of the H4 swing December 14th as your logical target.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurnzdh4.PNG
Size: 51 KB

Plateaus Jan 20, 2019 11:50am | Post# 9909

6 Attachment(s)
{quote} My entry on this trade was based on price being held by the Resistance on 1.366 specially the candle on the 27th of december. I put a Sell stop below it at 1.355 (SL above 1.366). Where was your Big Boss and Boss analysis to support this? Just trading off the Daily was very RISKY since it was still trending strongly making your trade COUNTER TREND. You were very lucky this time but we trade PASR, not luck. My first area of concern would be the top of the strat shadow which would give me close to a 1:1 RR As you progress along THE PATH, you...
Thank you once again Strat for the invaluable feedback!

I see that my analisys of BB and B was incomplete, I only saw that price was facing Resistance at the 1.36685 level, but there was still no confirmed swing on B.

Lesson: "go back and study our PASR candles"
Lesson: do consistent, every single order, three time frame analysis (take screen shots to be able to see it again later)

Here are the images that failed to upload correctly last time:

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Weekly.png
Size: 36 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Daily copy.png
Size: 41 KB

and also, the BB, that I had not uploaded before, which shows the importance of of 1.3128, specially in line chart view

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Monthly-line.png
Size: 32 KB

As I keep practicing on F12, I'll post some trades of that to see if i'm headed in the right direction.

My try on USDCAD, again

BB: Changed it's direction strongly on 1.367 resistance, now facing some support on 1.317 after a 400pip move.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Monthly.png
Size: 24 KB

B: In a confirmed downtrend but with strong support on strat shadow. Price inside confirmed WCC after this Friday. The doji indicates there is a pause on movement for now. Stratshadow changed from upwards to almost horizontal (i'm not sure what that means as I still have to learn a lot more about the shadow, for now I only interpret it as dynamic SR)
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Weekly-20.png
Size: 24 KB

W: Strat shadow has been tested as Resistance almost everyday for the last 8 days. This looks like a stop on the train, but is it the final stop?
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-Daily.png
Size: 28 KB

My take: We still need strong PA setup to have a better idea on what the MM want to do with the pair. I see bearish momentum overall but strong support on Boss shadow for now.

best
peter

BeyondTheSea Jan 20, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 9910

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you once again Strat for the invaluable feedback! I see that my analisys of BB and B was incomplete, I only saw that price was facing Resistance at the 1.36685 level, but there was still no confirmed swing on B. Lesson: "go back and study our PASR candles" Lesson: do consistent, every single order, three time frame analysis (take screen shots to be able to see it again later) Here are the images that failed to upload correctly last time: {image} {image} and also, the BB, that I had not uploaded before, which shows the importance of...
USDCAD

I'm also watching this although I'm waiting some more before I trade it.

Big Boss

Attachment 3174949

I need to see pricing moving next month back above Novembers close

Boss

Attachment 3174950

At support but within a newly formed WCC

Worker

At resistance. 1.3290 is Novembers Close. 1.3277 is support from the December Big Boss. This area is also a 50% retrace of that Boss swing up.

Nothing to do until I see a Boss close below the WCC or a worker close inside the shadow.

Rest of the market isn't really tempting me at the minute with the exception of USDJPY, maybe.

I don't have time to trade shorter TF this week but GBP continues to provide some for those that can..

Have a good trading week.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADDaily.png
Size: 73 KB

Plateaus Jan 20, 2019 4:03pm | Post# 9911

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you once again Strat for the invaluable feedback! I see that my analisys of BB and B was incomplete, I only saw that price was facing Resistance at the 1.36685 level, but there was still no confirmed swing on B. Lesson: "go back and study our PASR candles" Lesson: do consistent, every single order, three time frame analysis (take screen shots to be able to see it again later) Here are the images that failed to upload correctly last time: {image} {image} and also, the BB, that I had not uploaded before, which shows the importance of...
Here's a try on EURAUD 2010
I was looking only for Shooting stars and hammers. Entered only on 4 trades the whole year, also had a rough time because there was no data on my broker to where price went during the year fo SR lines.
I'll keep on it.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 18.21.04.png
Size: 99 KB

EURAUD2010.pdf

best
peter

strat Jan 21, 2019 12:24pm | Post# 9912

1 Attachment(s)
Unexpected pips on US Holiday!

Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 55 KB

strat Jan 21, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 9913

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am also awfully tempted by the way GBP/USD closed... {image} {image} {image}
A lot of overhead resistance to overcome, Ben - not to mention UK Politics

Click to Enlarge

Size: 63 KB

strat Jan 21, 2019 1:47pm | Post# 9914

1 Attachment(s)
What used to be ""The Beast"" is not much better

Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

strat Jan 21, 2019 1:51pm | Post# 9915

1 Attachment(s)
If trogger was healthy and trading he would already be in this

Click to Enlarge

Size: 44 KB

Hickson Jan 21, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 9916

Hi Strat! Thanks again for putting up your archives here! It confirms many of the things I have learnt through hard work and lost and won money over the years. I do not dare asking more questions here. I will read more on the archives first.

Rub Jan 21, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 9917

{quote} A lot of overhead resistance to overcome, Ben - not to mention UK Politics {image}
Between the politics and the R:R, I'm tempted but staying out! Yen pairs on the other hand, I'll be watching this week.

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 3:54am | Post# 9918

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
I was looking at GBPUSD earlier , and I wasn't sure about the entry below. In the end I took that one as a paper trade

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 52 KB

feedback is appreciated

Hickson Jan 22, 2019 3:56am | Post# 9919

Hi I was looking at GBPUSD earlier , and I wasn't sure about the entry below. In the end I took that one as a paper trade {image} feedback is appreciated
Hi Bistolis. Reading from your chart, you had a buy stop above the candle that broke the EMA?

bistolis Jan 22, 2019 4:00am | Post# 9920

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Bistolis. Reading from your chart, you had a buy stop above the candle that broke the EMA?
I am not really looking at the EMA at that point. Entry is based on previous price action. Price is not closing lower and at the point of my entry it is confirming a higher low on M5. The entries are @market almost always. I rarely use pending orders
EDIT:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 35 KB

© Forex Factory