Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/707034-ftmocom-funding-for-serious-traders)

thomasz1 Apr 11, 2020 4:09pm | Post# 1481

{quote} This happens from time to time with certain brokers and I doubt that the broker can offer solution - a coding solution is required - it is always wise to give benefit of the doubt but having looked into solving this code problem my guess is that the broker will not be able to offer a solution - however, again, I can be wrong - its some time ago that this was addressed but that's the way I recall it - code solution is possible but not offered due to family agreements || Note: we do not sell code or coding services. The below links may offer...

thanks for this answer ! It's appreciated,

at least i know i don't need to believe too much all will be solved quickly -_-

I'll look your solutions , ty

suptre Apr 12, 2020 5:21pm | Post# 1482

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding FTMO

Can I hold Indexes (S&P, DOW, FTSE, DAX,) positions over night? I'm asking because this is written in their website "if you trade Indexes (S&P, DOW, FTSE, DAX,) on the FTMO Account, we require you to close your positions just before these particular markets close on a daily basis.".

you can find it here : https://ftmo.com/en/faq/do-i-need-to...ons-overnight/

But just before that they say that you can hold positions over-night, English isn't my first language so I find that confusing.

I already know that you can't hold any instrument position over-weekend.

Ak386 Apr 12, 2020 7:42pm | Post# 1483

Hi Otakar,

I have a suggestions regarding your demos:

To offer the possibilty of cancelling the demo once you have violated a rule. For example, reaching a daily loss above 2.500 in a 50.000 account. This way, we wont have to wait a period of 10 days after opening your demo, to open a new one.

I think this would more convenient for new traders and this would avoid going to another broker to open a new demo. Besides, the trader could start the challenge sooner knowing that he does not have to wait for the ten days to end for each opened demo.

The demo could even be cancelled automatically by FTMO once a rule has been violated so the trader can open a new demo afterwards.

touchstoneR Apr 13, 2020 1:11am | Post# 1484

Hi Otakar, I have a suggestions regarding your demos: To offer the possibilty of cancelling the demo once you have violated a rule. For example, reaching a daily loss above 2.500 in a 50.000 account. This way, we wont have to wait a period of 10 days after opening your demo, to open a new one. I think this would more convenient for new traders and this would avoid going to another broker to open a new demo. Besides, the trader could start the challenge sooner knowing that he does not have to wait for the ten days to end for each opened demo. The...
Yes.I think this is a good suggestion.FTMO please look to implement this.

Jt85 Apr 13, 2020 9:47am | Post# 1485

Hello everyone,

As far as i read on this thread, it seems that FTMO seems legit in the way they keep their words at work.
I'm thinking about taking their challenge this year to really have my own opinion but with people around the world doing videos on youtube about their funded account and reviews about legitimity of FTMO, i think i can take their challenge without doubts.

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone sharing their experience with FTMO and i hope joining the FTMO funded trader as soon as possible.

Safe trading everyone and stay home!

Ak386 Apr 13, 2020 3:32pm | Post# 1486

Hi Otakar, I have a suggestions regarding your demos: To offer the possibilty of cancelling the demo once you have violated a rule. For example, reaching a daily loss above 2.500 in a 50.000 account. This way, we wont have to wait a period of 10 days after opening your demo, to open a new one. I think this would more convenient for new traders and this would avoid going to another broker to open a new demo. Besides, the trader could start the challenge sooner knowing that he does not have to wait for the ten days to end for each opened demo. The...
Can be every 5 days?

Casiopea Apr 13, 2020 3:47pm | Post# 1487

{quote} I dont trust these prop firms anymore. My wife passed the challenge but failed verification the first day it start due to a slippage. A slippage on a demo? Remember you are not the only one that got the password to the account. At one time there was an app in MT4 where a broker can control price movements using an add on in MT4. They can create artificial spikes like these. I forgot the name of it. Just search it here.
Im not saying that is not true. I have already failed 2 or 3 challenges (dont remeber) and it was all my fault.

hope next time it goes better both of us

Neoking Apr 15, 2020 1:09am | Post# 1488

Morning mates

I have an issue here can someone please clarify... American citizens can only use that sh*ty LMAX broker that everyone is complaining about on FTMO?

profitfarmer Apr 15, 2020 2:01am | Post# 1489

Morning mates I have an issue here can someone please clarify... American citizens can only use that sh*ty LMAX broker that everyone is complaining about on FTMO?
At FTMO, even the " funded" account is demo.
Citizenship has no restrictions with demo accounts.

maahome Apr 15, 2020 2:06am | Post# 1490

Morning mates I have an issue here can someone please clarify... American citizens can only use that sh*ty LMAX broker that everyone is complaining about on FTMO?
Testing LMAX FTMO feed - had no issues at all with it, works fine for me.

cheers
maahome

Neoking Apr 15, 2020 2:07am | Post# 1491

{quote} At FTMO, even the " funded" account is demo. Citizenship has no restrictions with demo accounts.
That's exactly what I know... But now they're coming up with some funny stories. A friend mistakenly chose LMAX and I then advised him to request a change to a proper broker. This is what they said, "Due to legal and regulatory limitations, the US citizens can only choose the FTMO platform with LMAX data feed. FTMO is not representing a brokerage company, therefore we cannot open live accounts nor accept deposits. The payment for the evaluation course is considered as a payment for a service. You can find more details here: https://ftmo.com/en/forex-brokers-review-3/#ftmo"

Neoking Apr 15, 2020 2:32am | Post# 1492

{quote} Testing LMAX FTMO feed - had no issues at all with it, works fine for me. cheers maahome
But let's not make it more of a matter of "Lies and excuses" for people to go with LMAX. If I feel I don't like or trust it why should citizenship play a role? Remember, we are trading Demo Accounts that are mirrored onto the Live Accounts. So why change now and mention all that US regulatory lies?

profitfarmer Apr 15, 2020 6:12am | Post# 1493

{quote} But let's not make it more of a matter of "Lies and excuses" for people to go with LMAX. If I feel I don't like or trust it why should citizenship play a role? Remember, we are trading Demo Accounts that are mirrored onto the Live Accounts. So why change now and mention all that US regulatory lies?
supposedly mirrored....if you want to stay factual.

when it comes to demo feed and live, every noob learns that brokers never put similar resources, uptime, or effort to display mimic real price or slippage, or data feed.
one point where i am unsure if a data despute, how would it be resolved?
based on the "master demo"'s feed, or the "live slave"'s?
bcos when you ask a broker, they wouldn't give sh.t about their demo spike, or demo slippage, or demo misquote most of the time. and why should?

Patje Apr 15, 2020 6:47am | Post# 1494

{quote} supposedly mirrored....if you want to stay factual. when it comes to demo feed and live, every noob learns that brokers never put similar resources, uptime, or effort to display mimic real price or slippage, or data feed. one point where i am unsure if a data despute, how would it be resolved? based on the "master demo"'s feed, or the "live slave"'s? bcos when you ask a broker, they wouldn't give sh.t about their demo spike, or demo slippage, or demo misquote most of the time. and why should?
But lmax really does have 2 different data feeds for demo accounts... They provide a live feed for demo,... If ftmo uses that I can't really say... They say they do...is it true? I don't know

PLther Apr 15, 2020 9:32am | Post# 1495

Brothers, FTMO is very trustworthy.I received my 70% profit and challenge refund today.They are very honest and I think everyone can trust them

metcalfe Apr 16, 2020 5:51am | Post# 1496

still problem with the feed?
yesterday and this morning the spread turned aggressive <3 eurusd, now has widened again....

LP added and removed again?

thomasz1 Apr 16, 2020 6:27am | Post# 1497

Brothers, FTMO is very trustworthy.I received my 70% profit and challenge refund today.They are very honest and I think everyone can trust them
this fake review is so badly done that i'm not sure you're a bot or an human, but it's really pitiful method.

Honestly, reading bullshit messages like that avoid me all desire to do the 100K challenge, and i was about to do it.

these bucket shops method damn, soon the e-book !!

JsCave Apr 16, 2020 8:40am | Post# 1498

still problem with the feed? yesterday and this morning the spread turned aggressive <3 eurusd, now has widened again.... LP added and removed again?
which platform you using?FTMO?
is spread problem with all brokers or just ftmo?

metcalfe Apr 16, 2020 9:16am | Post# 1499

{quote} which platform you using?FTMO? is spread problem with all brokers or just ftmo?
i have been trading the trial using ftmo as "broker"
I don't know about other brokers, and it's not exactly a problem even using ftmo as broker, but their spread was spot on, then the problem with some spikes, so the spread widened around 0.5 pips (EURUSD). Yesterday and this morning the spread was as low as it used to be before the spikes, then widened again. I think there i sa problem with one of their LP

I think it's not a big deal for most traders, but if you use a scalping technique it makes a lot of difference

thomasz1 Apr 16, 2020 1:53pm | Post# 1500

Great news !!! They have fixed the problem of lot size ! Before, only pairs finishing by "USD" provided right lot size when we were using tool, it's fixed now

Dear Traders,
I thank everyone for their patience. We are providing you with an update regarding position size calculators on JPY pairs on our FTMO platform.
Our company is fully aware that it took several weeks to resolve this issue. Nevertheless, this case had to be handled with care as other traders who were not affected by this issue wouldn't have their accounts affected by this change. Therefore, we hope for your understanding.
We have reviewed your feedback and we have also tested the position size on the popular calculator provided by EarnForex. Upon checking the position sizes, the issue should now be resolved.
Please check the changes in the platform and if there is any further feedback, we are open to receive it.
Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and I wish you wonderful trading.
Best regards,
Tu Khac Nguyen
Head of Support

© Forex Factory