Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/707034-ftmocom-funding-for-serious-traders)

mizi123 Apr 9, 2020 3:01pm | Post# 1461

For me purple work as a magic some small issues with account metrix but nothing tragic

Patje Apr 9, 2020 3:13pm | Post# 1462

For me purple work as a magic some small isues with journal but nothing tragic
When you got your first paycheck... I will give purple a go... Allmost made from 20 /150.. So I can have a "cheap challenge" and then I can find out myself if they are legit... Red on another thread to stay away from prop firms and also ftmo mentioned there.... That they widening spread to take you out.... I need to find that out...

mizi123 Apr 9, 2020 3:28pm | Post# 1463

{quote} When you got your first paycheck... I will give purple a go... Allmost made from 20 /150.. So I can have a "cheap challenge" and then I can find out myself if they are legit... Red on another thread to stay away from prop firms and also ftmo mentioned there.... That they widening spread to take you out.... I need to find that out...
Honestly i don't see something like that with ftmo and purpule in combination my trades are above 30 pips and i don feel these issue, these problems are dangerous for scalpers...! When it comes to paymeent i have promice you about that even that ppl allredy have proves for that...

Patje Apr 9, 2020 3:40pm | Post# 1464

{quote} Honestly i don't see something like that with ftmo and purpule in combination my trades are above 30 pips and i don feel these issue, these problems are dangerous for scalpers...! When it comes to paymeent i have promice you about that even that ppl allredy have proves for that...
I saw payments via Google search.... Hope you share your first proof in here.... BTW how is your verification going?

SirOrigami Apr 9, 2020 4:11pm | Post# 1465

As I have stated earlier.

I have access to the LMAX feed. Via 3 sources. And FTMO is the only one having these huge spikes.

My 3 sources are

LMAX
Darwinex
FTMO

Please contact Lmax yourself or open up their feed. There is no spike on gold

SirOrigami Apr 9, 2020 4:13pm | Post# 1466

{quote} Hello, it seems that FTMO server has problems and lot size managing tools don't work with them " OK, I've found the culprit here, but I have no idea how to fix it (or if it is fixable at all). The problem is that FTMO's trading server incorrectly reports tick value (MODE_TICKVALUE) to the indicator's code as $1 for GBP/NZD. Whereas it should be about ~$6.3. It is the issue with their trading server, but perhaps it could be circumvented from the client's side, but I don't know how yet. You can try contacting them about the issue (incorrect...
Please Thomas. Contact FTMO via their website about this issue. I know nothing about it and you seem knowledgeable about it. And can explain it to them better. Best via email.

thomasz1 Apr 9, 2020 4:25pm | Post# 1467

{quote} Please Thomas. Contact FTMO via their website about this issue. I know nothing about it and you seem knowledgeable about it. And can explain it to them better. Best via email.
I've sent an email,

the coder of the tool to calculate lot size is really a good guy and ok to change his code if ftmo explains what's exactly the problem and what he can do.

When i'll have an answer i'll keep you informed

maflip Apr 10, 2020 3:40pm | Post# 1468

As I have stated earlier. I have access to the LMAX feed. Via 3 sources. And FTMO is the only one having these huge spikes. My 3 sources are LMAX Darwinex FTMO Please contact Lmax yourself or open up their feed. There is no spike on gold
I dont trust these prop firms anymore. My wife passed the challenge but failed verification the first day it start due to a slippage. A slippage on a demo? Remember you are not the only one that got the password to the account. At one time there was an app in MT4 where a broker can control price movements using an add on in MT4. They can create artificial spikes like these. I forgot the name of it. Just search it here.

Synchoslav Apr 10, 2020 5:08pm | Post# 1469

5 Attachment(s)
Look at their demo and my real account difference, I'm still sitting on the minus, I did a demo account to check them, full pressure air doesn't even match the prices of the trading prices.according to their schedule I have to be 80% in profit not in loss, my indicators even react differently between this demo and my real account.as you see a long time ago I passed my position and I should have at least 1 profit )))
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.png
Size: 124 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.png
Size: 119 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3.png
Size: 120 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: real account eurcad icmarkets h1.png
Size: 125 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: report.png
Size: 72 KB

thomasz1 Apr 10, 2020 7:31pm | Post# 1470

{quote} I dont trust these prop firms anymore. My wife passed the challenge but failed verification the first day it start due to a slippage. A slippage on a demo? Remember you are not the only one that got the password to the account. At one time there was an app in MT4 where a broker can control price movements using an add on in MT4. They can create artificial spikes like these. I forgot the name of it. Just search it here.
Your wife did the challenge with ftmo or another website ? Because yes there are a lot of bucket shops in this business (i've seen that when i've listed all the correct ones), some were less reliable than HYIP ahahaha

and yes if i remember you can see on youtube features of this mt4 addon to chase stop of retail traders, a guy who created one of these add on was talking on a forum some years ago.

Having said that, there is no reason that add-on don't exist on other plateform for retail, so best thing is still to look after economic health number of the broker,
because some which seem ok like Dukascopy have in fact cash flow and statement of account of some little SMB

Don't forget if I'm not wrong they can't refuse legally to give you statement of account, if they do, you'll know at 99% it's a bucket shop

Rabahdic Apr 11, 2020 6:29am | Post# 1471

Apparently, the thread have been dominated by only-technical issues debates..

I confirm that all problems need to find solutions, but let me give the discussion some happiness :

Yesterday, I ended my first month as FTMO funded trader, and fortunately, it was a profitable month.

At the end of the day, the profit split and the refund of challenge fee were in my bank account, really quick, no?

I want to thank FTMO for honesty, serious and professionalism.

For those who still hesitate, go the eyes closed, FTMO is the best choice if your are a serious-without-capital trader.

1odi Apr 11, 2020 6:43am | Post# 1472

Apparently, the thread have been dominated by only-technical issues debates.. I confirm that all problems need to find solutions, but let me give the discussion some happiness : Yesterday, I ended my first month as FTMO funded trader, and fortunately, it was a profitable month. At the end of the day, the profit split and the refund of challenge fee were in my bank account, really quick, no? I want to thank FTMO for honesty, serious and professionalism. For those who still hesitate, go the eyes closed, FTMO is the best choice if your are a serious-without-capital...
any proof of that? also, to my knowledge ur trading on a demo account, haven t u had same issues?
cheers

Rabahdic Apr 11, 2020 7:32am | Post# 1473

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} any proof of that? also, to my knowledge ur trading on a demo account, haven t u had same issues? cheers
For me, i traded 5 challenges and 2 verifications with ic market australia mt4 demo without major issues exept some executions latencies, wich are warned about when you chose this broker demo account.

For payment proof, plz see attachments.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20200411_123023.jpg
Size: 57 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20200411_120834.jpg
Size: 56 KB

mizi123 Apr 11, 2020 11:00am | Post# 1474

{quote} For me, i traded 5 challenges and 2 verifications with ic market australia mt4 demo without major issues exept some executions latencies, wich are warned about when you chose this broker demo account. For payment proof, plz see attachments. {image} {image}
To many ppl here are sick they don't have any prove system wich can lead them in wining side and think that the FTMO is resposibble for these. By the way thanc you for showing the prove that they pay (y) good luck to you!

maflip Apr 11, 2020 11:18am | Post# 1475

{quote} Your wife did the challenge with ftmo or another website ? Because yes there are a lot of bucket shops in this business (i've seen that when i've listed all the correct ones), some were less reliable than HYIP ahahaha and yes if i remember you can see on youtube features of this mt4 addon to chase stop of retail traders, a guy who created one of these add on was talking on a forum some years ago. Having said that, there is no reason that add-on don't exist on other plateform for retail, so best thing...
Yes FTMO she even got a diploma. I posted the diploma here. But again she passed the challenge but failed verification the first day. Actually, this firm is better than other challenge trade firm out there. I wouldn't have my wife retry the challenge again though. (Still don't trust them anymore but that's just me) Better to fund her myself. Truth is with these firms you are really not getting funded for the amount they tell you. The Max draw down is the real fund you will get if you pass, which is 10% of the said account on your demo. The rest is just buying power increased thru margin.

FXsniper111 Apr 11, 2020 11:30am | Post# 1476

Witch of their brokers gives the best Spread/commision on ECN and what is it example EU??????

ChilledT Apr 11, 2020 11:50am | Post# 1477

Apparently, the thread have been dominated by only-technical issues debates.. I confirm that all problems need to find solutions, but let me give the discussion some happiness : Yesterday, I ended my first month as FTMO funded trader, and fortunately, it was a profitable month. At the end of the day, the profit split and the refund of challenge fee were in my bank account, really quick, no? I want to thank FTMO for honesty, serious and professionalism. For those who still hesitate, go the eyes closed, FTMO is the best choice if your are a serious-without-capital...
Well done and thanks for sharing :-)

m1trader Apr 11, 2020 2:51pm | Post# 1478

Witch of their brokers gives the best Spread/commision on ECN and what is it example EU??????
also interested in that answer.

Phylo Apr 11, 2020 2:54pm | Post# 1479

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I've sent an email, the coder of the tool to calculate lot size is really a good guy and ok to change his code if ftmo explains what's exactly the problem and what he can do. When i'll have an answer i'll keep you informed
This happens from time to time with certain brokers and I doubt that the broker can offer solution - a coding solution is required
- it is always wise to give benefit of the doubt but having looked into solving this code problem my guess is that the broker will not be able to offer a solution
- however, again, I can be wrong - its some time ago that this was addressed but that's the way I recall it
- code solution is possible but not offered due to family agreements || Note: we do not sell code or coding services.

The below links may offer insight and possible alternative solution in the interim
- point & pip value calculations require live exchange rates if not at parity (1) - live exchange rates can be plugged straight into GoogleSheets
- https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...6#post12857916
- https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12858133

As far as point or pip value in MQL4 is concerned it is very problematic - the below link illustrates the problem - if memory is correct, there is not an absolute 100% accurate solution in the discussion

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126450

The code posted to post #96
- will offer solution across all FX irrespective of deposit currency (with the exception of an odd brokers), but any non FX instrument will be inaccurate.
- any US non FX instrument reflecting correct pip/point value against USD deposit currency will be coincidental, DAX for instance will revert to indicate in EUR and not USD, and may reflect correct EUR value or not, depending on broker - but it will still not be reflected in deposit currency unless the deposit currency is EUR.
Name:  Z-29.PNG
Views: 462
Size:  < 1 KB

Patje Apr 11, 2020 3:12pm | Post# 1480

Check this out...
https://ftmo.com/en/forex-brokers-review/

Before I would say ftmo lmax, currently there are maybe better options...

© Forex Factory