Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/707034-ftmocom-funding-for-serious-traders)

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:10pm | Post# 1441

{quote} This is my Admiral markets account, FTMO {image}
thanks origami, so u don t have that spike on admiral also.. u only have the second 1 which is on most platforms

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:12pm | Post# 1442

FTMO LMAX Had this spike YES! {image}
cool, so i ain t crazy lol..a small diference between brokers data feeds is normal, but not a 50 pips diference between candle spreads..atleast imo

SirOrigami Apr 7, 2020 2:13pm | Post# 1443

1 Attachment(s)
Strange, My spike was prior to your spike
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 22 KB

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:15pm | Post# 1444

2 Attachment(s)
Strange, My spike was prior to your spike {image}
this is my chart
live account, and none of that crap
Click to Enlarge

Name: ftmo lmax spike.png
Size: 60 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: icmarkets spike.png
Size: 58 KB

SirOrigami Apr 7, 2020 2:15pm | Post# 1445

1 Attachment(s)
Now this is seriously Fucked up

I have filed a report to FTMO,

i will post the answer here
Click to Enlarge

Size: 106 KB

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:21pm | Post# 1446

Can somebody please suggest me the best broker for scalping? And the best broker to operate for FTMO? 1odi, stop hunting it's a very strong word, Can you show the photos of the other brokers?
u r asking for a low spread broker for scalps, yes? u should know about those spikes that they are called stop hunts, shakeouts etc..it s the worse nightmare for every scalper out there

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:22pm | Post# 1447

Now this is seriously Fucked up I have filed a report to FTMO, i will post the answer here {image}
1 answer comes to mind, different data feeds, A book and B book hahah

SirOrigami Apr 7, 2020 2:30pm | Post# 1448

{quote} 1 answer comes to mind, different data feeds, A book and B book hahah

They are Both From FTMO LMAX, Just one Is the XAUUSD Mini, and the Other is the Normal

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:33pm | Post# 1449

{quote} They are Both From FTMO LMAX, Just one Is the XAUUSD Mini, and the Other is the Normal
what i meant is that lmax has different feeds it seems. ftmo to my knowledge isn t a broker, so i ain t saying ftmo did this or that, but imho they should look into this regarding lmax.

SirOrigami Apr 7, 2020 2:34pm | Post# 1450

{quote} what i meant is that lmax has different feeds it seems. ftmo to my knowledge isn t a broker, so i ain t saying ftmo did this or that, but imoho they should look into this regarding lmax.

I believe the issues is with FTMO, not the LMAX data feed, Since my Private LMAX account doesnt have this spike

1odi Apr 7, 2020 2:37pm | Post# 1451

{quote} I believe the issues is with FTMO, not the LMAX data feed, Since my Private LMAX account doesnt have this spike
that is a real private account, right? ah ok, cool, so then since ftmo is using demos from what i understood even with the funded account, then maybe they are using a different data feed from lmax? or a diferent server that has latency? i dunno, but that crap of a spike shoudn t be there..

SirOrigami Apr 8, 2020 5:14am | Post# 1452

From FTMO:

Hello James,
Thank you for contacting us and reporting the issue. As each broker can use a different liquidity provider, there might be differences in the charts you can see and prices you are able to get. We have noticed issues with the liquidity on our FTMO platform on gold and silver pairs and have already taken measures to fix the issue. We kindly ask you not to trade gold and silver till we notify you about the issue resolution and apologise for the inconvenience this can cause you.

1odi Apr 8, 2020 5:40am | Post# 1453

From FTMO: Hello James, Thank you for contacting us and reporting the issue. As each broker can use a different liquidity provider, there might be differences in the charts you can see and prices you are able to get. We have noticed issues with the liquidity on our FTMO platform on gold and silver pairs and have already taken measures to fix the issue. We kindly ask you not to trade gold and silver till we notify you about the issue resolution and apologise for the inconvenience this can cause you.
it did it again 1 hr ago on gold vs euro lol..some issues as in very high spreads, slippage, and stop hunts/? )

thomasz1 Apr 8, 2020 6:34am | Post# 1454

1 Attachment(s)
FXCM same shit on Silver daily :/ (don't have real account on fxcm of course ahaha just to analyze )

Click to Enlarge

Name: silver stop chase.png
Size: 40 KB

TraderOtakar Apr 8, 2020 8:37am | Post# 1455

Hi Traders,

I hope you are all safe and healthy.

1) Let me address GOLD / Silver related issued.
The situation on Gold is very unfortunate as we are not providing the best possible service to our traders. I want to assure everyone that these spikes are caused by our liquidity provider (LP). Not that I want to transfer the blame, but it is the truth. We are dealing with all your complaints. If your SL got triggered at an unrealistic price, we are compensating these issues.

Upcoming changes: On Monday, we should redirect the Gold symbol to another LP, this should solve the situation.

2) Huge spread during a rollover.
Even though larger spreads during the rollover (around midnight CEST) are normal, our spreads during this time are not OK. We are also dealing with your complaints and as I have stated earlier, if your SL got hit at an unrealistic price, we are compensating that.

SirOrigami
"I believe the issues are with FTMO, not the LMAX data feed, Since my Private LMAX account does have this spike"

Unfortunately, we have these spikes also on our live accounts as well. I am liaising with LMAX about this.

I sincerely apologize to all who had their trading affected. This situation doesn’t make me happy at all but be assured we attend to all our clients and no one will be left forgotten.

Thank you for your understanding.

SirOrigami Apr 8, 2020 8:52am | Post# 1456

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Traders, I hope you are all safe and healthy. 1) Let me address GOLD / Silver related issued. The situation on Gold is very unfortunate as we are not providing the best possible service to our traders. I want to assure everyone that these spikes are caused by our liquidity provider (LP). Not that I want to transfer the blame, but it is the truth. We are dealing with all your complaints. If your SL got triggered at an unrealistic price, we are compensating these issues. Upcoming changes: On Monday, we should redirect the Gold symbol to another...

This is my PURE LMAX Account, As you can see i use Advanced Charts by LMAX,

The spikes we mention are not in this chart,
Click to Enlarge

Size: 237 KB

RickM Apr 8, 2020 10:26am | Post# 1457

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} They are Both From FTMO LMAX, Just one Is the XAUUSD Mini, and the Other is the Normal
Hi SirOrigami

Brokers use different servers which each have different amounts of liquidity. IC Markets for example has about 15 servers, some for the A Book clients, the rest for the B book clients. Last week on that Gold trade, half of their servers including City index, Go Markets and some others also gave a 100 pip spike on Gold. On the other servers, the spike was only 10 pips or less.
This is manipulation at the worst which cost my trading buddy $7000. He complained and they finally admitted it was manipulation and gave his money back.
Now they send out a email to all effected clients to say their trades were void - too many must of got lucky.
Name:  gold error.png
Views: 933
Size:  127 KB

bobsiudak Apr 8, 2020 8:19pm | Post# 1458

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you Otakar for taking care of these issues. I am trying GBE currently and the spreads are ok but during rollover the other day their GBP/NZD & EUR/NZD spreads spiked to 83 & 125. I understand brokers/liquidity and what they do at end of day but usually the good ones you see very little widening where your stops even though may be tighter still won't be affected. This was extreme and uncalled for and I was ready to hurt someone! lol. Seriously though. - It's nice having that reassurance and confidence in your broker that they don't play those games. I wouldn't want to put my money nor yours at risk when I have to worry about this kind of shady stuff happening.

It's really nice as a trader just to be able to focus on trading and not have to worry about your broker. It's priceless.

Honestly, I would love to switch back to your FTMO platform if your able to get all these quirks handled with your liquidity providers. It's been exhausting trying to find a good broker since IC-Markets is no longer available.

Thank you again!

Bob
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpnzdresize.jpg
Size: 1.0 MB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurnzdresize.jpg
Size: 1.2 MB

thomasz1 Apr 9, 2020 2:44pm | Post# 1459

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, it seems that FTMO server has problems and lot size managing tools don't work with them

" OK, I've found the culprit here, but I have no idea how to fix it (or if it is fixable at all). The problem is that FTMO's trading server incorrectly reports tick value (MODE_TICKVALUE) to the indicator's code as $1 for GBP/NZD. Whereas it should be about ~$6.3. It is the issue with their trading server, but perhaps it could be circumvented from the client's side, but I don't know how yet. You can try contacting them about the issue (incorrect tick values for non-USD currency pairs) and see if they can fix that on their end."

can we hope a fix soon ? because it's not possible for me to enter a challenge without them

Click to Enlarge

Name: difference tool.PNG
Size: 747 KB

metcalfe Apr 9, 2020 2:58pm | Post# 1460

Unfortunately after the problem with the spike the spread widened, at least eurusd
I think it happened because the LP that caused the spike has been removed
I read that on monday gold will be redirect to another LP, just wondering if the aggressive spread on eurusd will be restored then

© Forex Factory