Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=707034)

Casiopea Apr 8, 2019 10:01am | Post# 461

Hi Otakar I think you have mentioned that it was possible to ask for a 30 day Free Trial, am I right?
Thanks

TraderOtakar Apr 8, 2019 11:19am | Post# 462

Its safe but as you can see trades length is not short {image} {image}
During the Challenge and the Verification you can hold positions over the weekend, however, when you become the FTMO Trader we want you to be flat before the end of the week. Unfortunately, this is not negotiable as holding the positions outside of the trading hours is very risky.

To Casiopea,
Unfortunately, you can take just 14-day Trial, however you can take as many Free Trials as you want. You will always receive a short evaluation of your results.

Otakar
FTMO.com / Funding for serious traders

braintheboss Apr 8, 2019 11:23am | Post# 463

{quote} During the Challenge and the Verification you can hold positions over the weekend, however, when you become the FTMO Trader we want you to be flat before the end of the week. Unfortunately, this is not negotiable as holding the positions outside of the trading hours is very risky. To Casiopea, Unfortunately, you can take just 14-day Trial, however you can take as many Free Trials as you want. You will always receive a short evaluation of your results. Otakar FTMO.com / Funding for serious traders...
Thanks. I will see how deal with this...

Casiopea Apr 9, 2019 4:39am | Post# 464

{quote} To Casiopea, Unfortunately, you can take just 14-day Trial, however you can take as many Free Trials as you want. You will always receive a short evaluation of your results. Otakar FTMO.com / Funding for serious traders

Thanks. I will indeed

TraderOtakar Apr 12, 2019 5:37am | Post# 465

Happy Friday,

New article written by our performance psychologist is available on our website. In this article, she highlights some specific exercises to fight psychological issues related to trading.

Read here: Trading & Emotions

Otakar

TraderOtakar Apr 17, 2019 2:44am | Post# 466

Happy Wednesday,

Algorithmic trading is becoming extremely popular among retail traders nowadays and so we decided to go really deep and test whether it works or not. The outcome might surprise you.

Read here: A big test of Algorithmic trading. Does it work?

Otakar

TraderOtakar Apr 29, 2019 2:52am | Post# 467

[FTMO Trader] It is our pleasure to introduce to you our latest funded FTMO Trader Sibil B. from Croatia . Sibil found his passion in financial markets during the Housing Buble in 2007. We wish Sibil a long-term and successful journey with FTMO.

Read here: New FTMO Trader Sibil from sunny Croatia

Otakar

GodRa Apr 29, 2019 6:14am | Post# 468

I'm struggling with the Challenge. My strategy has an average drawdown of 10-15%, which is over the rules. Maybe have less size, but then it's hard to meet the profit target.

TraderOtakar Apr 30, 2019 3:59am | Post# 469

I'm struggling with the Challenge. My strategy has an average drawdown of 10-15%, which is over the rules. Maybe have less size, but then it's hard to meet the profit target.
Hi GodRa,

thank you for your question. The profit target is equal to the maximum allowed loss, the ration cannot be negative. If you are unsure whether you can pass the Challenge, just try the Free Trial. You can take the Free Trial as many times you want.

Otakar

SunnyCoast Apr 30, 2019 5:59am | Post# 470

Cheers for setting up this type of concept.

I've just started the 14 day free trial this week and am excited to see how I go this early in my trading journey.

Anthony

TraderOtakar Apr 30, 2019 7:18am | Post# 471

Cheers for setting up this type of concept. I've just started the 14 day free trial this week and am excited to see how I go this early in my trading journey. Anthony
Hi SunnyCoast,

thank you for your kind words. There is no need to hurry, take your time.

Good luck.

Otakar

SunnyCoast Apr 30, 2019 7:24am | Post# 472

{quote} Hi SunnyCoast, thank you for your kind words. There is no need to hurry, take your time. Good luck. Otakar FTMO.com / Funding for serious traders
Yep, slow and steady. I'm keeping a humble journal of my journey so far here on FF which has been great. Many here have already helped me so much.

Still a long way to go.

Anthony

MisterStrong Apr 30, 2019 5:54pm | Post# 473

i don't think they are seriously ... one of their terms is 50% of trading days must be positive... challenge for 30 days and verfication process for 60 days... so any trader know there is no guarantee that each month he will guarnate 50% positive days. So ftmo sooner or later will kick trader out when he cant make 50% positive days in month.
That is only during the challenge. When trading the live fund the rule of 50% positive doesn't count anymore

tHEWhO May 2, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 474

Hi All

Have won Have Lost , started my journey with forex on the day of BREXIT and since than have experienced crazy days of trading fun filled, depressed .

I got introduced to FTMO few months back and have failed couple of times just because of over trading.

They were times when i achieved targets in first few days and i could have sit silently waiting for the minimum trading days cirteria to be filled, but trading is addictive as all of you agree and i screwed it up every time.

Have started with a 100 K USD challenge account and this would be my last attempt to be funded trader. Hope i keep my calm and get in through this time.

Cheers

doji May 4, 2019 8:07pm | Post# 475

Hello, Otakar.

Glad to find out FTMO is now allowing unlimited free trials for those intending to eventually join the live Challenge.

May I suggest, though, that the traded amount in the free trial be customizable to the Challenge one plans to take part in? If I'm not mistaken, the Purple Trading platform's default is 50K? If I'm going to be taking the 10K Challenge, it will definitely be more useful to have that same amount to trade in the free trial, wouldn't you agree?

TIA if/when FTMO decides positively on the above suggestion.

SunnyCoast May 7, 2019 12:04am | Post# 476

Hi Otakar.

Just a quick question as I move through the 2nd week of my Free Trial account. So far so good.

In the FAQ General section on your site there is a table that outlines which Macroeconomic Announcements that are to be avoided for the various currency pairs and affected instruments.

I noticed there was no information for JPY pairs. I only ask as I only trade GBP JPY. Of course, I naturally stay away 5 minutes either side of major news items anyway but just wanted clarification from you and your team regarding JPY.

Cheers

Anthony

TraderOtakar May 7, 2019 3:55am | Post# 477

Hi All Have won Have Lost , started my journey with forex on the day of BREXIT and since than have experienced crazy days of trading fun filled, depressed . I got introduced to FTMO few months back and have failed couple of times just because of over trading. They were times when i achieved targets in first few days and i could have sit silently waiting for the minimum trading days cirteria to be filled, but trading is addictive as all of you agree and i screwed it up every time. Have started with a 100 K USD challenge account...
Hi tHEWhO,

it is highly recommended to take a break for a couple of weeks between each Challenge. It is also good to take a Free Trial always before a Challenge. If overtrading is your issue, consider taking consultation with our trading psychologist.

https://ftmo.com/en/psychologist/

Hi Doji,

I absolutely agree with you, but as we are not a broker it is technically not feasible for us to offer more variaties of the Free Trial. If you want to get the 10K Challenge, just trade 1/5 positions. I am sorry for this workaround, but at this time we cannot give you a 10k Free Trial. Thank you for your understanding.

Dear Anthony,

thanks for your question. The Japanese fundamental news are not included in the table as these were identified by us as not being a high-risk events. What we try to prevent are the events that create huge volatility spikes after the release and where the spreads widen considerably, with low liquidity in the markets. We have analyzed the market reactions on specific news and Japanese news are hence excluded from the restrictions, just as majority of Swiss releases. Hope this suffices.

Otakar

vera May 7, 2019 12:49pm | Post# 478

Cheap VPS
https://cheapvps.co/billing/aff.php?aff=475

TraderOtakar May 9, 2019 3:55am | Post# 479

Hi Traders,

[New Article] We have received this article from one of our traders, Jean Claude from Canada. He is not only a trader but a financial advisor who has shared some beneficial advice on how to handle your money and control risk. Hope you will be inspired by his insights.

Read here: Trader and Financial Advisor Jean Claude from Canada

Otakar

TraderOtakar May 17, 2019 4:59am | Post# 480

Happy Friday Traders,

New updates from FTMO are here. Our Account MetriX has new features and applications. Find out more in our video.

Inserted Video

Otakar

© Forex Factory