Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/707034-ftmocom-funding-for-serious-traders)

Trader-IT Oct 1, 2020 7:25am | Post# 3921

2 Attachment(s)
I thought tech issues happened only in European markets (luckily only a couple times last year) ........TOKYO not able to solve whole day their problems
( by Brixen )

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 165 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 183 KB

It is possible that tonight's problems are due to this problem:

"The Tokyo Stock Exchange will be closed for the whole day due to a technical failure that blocked the start of trading, forcing the third world stock exchange to stop trading. It was the worst interruption in history. Today the markets were expecting a rebound in Tokyo, after yesterday's drop linked to the Trump-Biden duel, defined by observers as the "worst debate of all time".
"Trading on all shares of the Tokyo Stock Exchange is suspended due to an issue involving the transmission of market information," the Japan Exchange Group said in a statement shortly before the opening. The interruption of trading caused not a few problems for the regional markets of Sapporo, Nagoya and Fukuoka which had to stop their activities because it was not possible to register the transactions at the TSE. The Osaka Stock Exchange is currently the only market still active.
The Tokyo Stock Exchange is a 6 trillion dollar stock market, the third largest in the world after New York and Shanghai. Nikkei futures, which are trading in Osaka, were up 0.4%, in line with a rise in US stocks overnight. The TSE did not provide a reason for the interruption, but ruled out unauthorized access from outside the system, explaining that there is no evidence to do so. The head of Cabinet Katsunobu Kato also expressed his opinion on the matter, specifying that the Financial Services Authority investigates the matter and will continue to monitor the incident with the TSE, excluding at the moment involvement by cyber attacks. "

pipmaster77 Oct 1, 2020 11:06am | Post# 3922

I dont get why they changed their server. When I did other challenge and verification it was through a different server then it is now. Also now they charge commissions now where a few months ago they didnt
I believe commission has always been $3, the new server offers no commission on commodities and indices. I have also found spreads to be razor thin now. When I started my spread on GBPAUD was sometimes 7 in Asia and between 4-5 in London/NY, now it's never above like 2.5 even in Asia. I love the new server. I have confidence that FTMO will always make it right. I simply take screen shots as evidence of where a trade should have closed, I'm 100% confident they would honor it if you have the proper evidence.

mizi123 Oct 1, 2020 11:09am | Post# 3923

{quote} I believe commission has always been $3, the new server offers no commission on commodities and indices. I have also found spreads to be razor thin now. When I started my spread on GBPAUD was sometimes 7 in Asia and between 4-5 in London/NY, now it's never above like 2.5 even in Asia. I love the new server. I have confidence that FTMO will always make it right. I simply take screen shots as evidence of where a trade should have closed, I'm 100% confident they would honor it if you have the proper evidence.
Yes but is down very often these week entire week i had spoted 4 times shutdown of the platform! I em interesed to know in real (final) account do we have right to chose another broker!? Thanx.

KarlKraus Oct 1, 2020 11:10am | Post# 3924

{quote} I immediately payed the 100k fee. Then I discovered the cringy trend on youtube "fake review marketing", then gaps on charts, then server issues.
Their technical problems and horrible customer support are just everlasting.

Tomas appears here once every 2 weeks or so, answers SOME of the complaints, but ignores the ones he doesn't like and the most recent ones.

The issue of them keeping customers waiting online for over an hour and then just disconnecting them at the end of their office hours remains both unresolved and even unacknowledged in spite of all the complaints about it, here.

That tells you all you need to know.

They have 20+ competitors who don't have these problems.

It's beyond ridiculous.

But they have shills here just as on Youtube and you can get attacked if you're honest about what's going on.

Trader4818 Oct 1, 2020 11:20am | Post# 3925

{quote} Their technical problems and horrible customer support are just everlasting. Tomas appears here once every 2 weeks or so, answers SOME of the complaints, but ignores the ones he doesn't like and the most recent ones.
This is what puts me off with their whole company, is the horrible stories of freezing platforms, and barely existent customer support when things are going wrong!

It is not hard to come onto a thread which they have started, and to spend 1 hour a day to address these issues that occur on a daily basis.

Quickly Oct 1, 2020 11:29am | Post# 3926

{quote} This is what puts me off with their whole company, is the horrible stories of freezing platforms, and barely existent customer support when things are going wrong!

I completely agree.

Either might be just about tolerable on its own. The combination of the two is just a real disaster.

pipmaster77 Oct 1, 2020 12:19pm | Post# 3927

{quote} Their technical problems and horrible customer support are just everlasting. Tomas appears here once every 2 weeks or so, answers SOME of the complaints, but ignores the ones he doesn't like and the most recent ones. The issue of them keeping customers waiting online for over an hour and then just disconnecting them at the end of their office hours remains both unresolved and even unacknowledged in spite of all the complaints about it, here. That tells you all you need to know. They have 20+ competitors who don't have these problems. It's...
I 100% agree. If they are going to continue to grow, they will need 24/5 support. In this business, support needs to be available during ALL market hours. I still think what they offer vs. their competitors is not even in the same ballpark. I have researched some others and FTMO is, by far, the best bang for your buck. However, if these others firms are issue free (which I do not know as I don't trade with them), then yes that needs to be factored in when making a decision on which one to trade with. I trade and have traded with a number of brokers and these server issues and freezing platforms occur frequently with some and rarely with others. I believe as long as they make right whatever negative impact you have during their downtime, I will suffer through their hopefully temporary server issues.

RSuper Oct 1, 2020 1:06pm | Post# 3928

well hopefully their competitors come out with better/similar packages/requirements so that we have options maybe then they will check themselves

KarlKraus Oct 1, 2020 1:16pm | Post# 3929

{quote} I 100% agree. If they are going to continue to grow, they will need 24/5 support. In this business, support needs to be available during ALL market hours.
That might help a lot.

I agree that what they're offering, "on paper" i.e. on their website, doesn't look bad at all.

I think they probably just didn't understand how much public ill-will and mistrust they'd generate by repeatedly abandoning people who are waiting patiently on the online support thing.

The technical problems are one thing, but the support issue really comes across horribly, as so many other have rightly said. And that matters!

fx75 Oct 1, 2020 1:41pm | Post# 3930

{quote} I simply take screen shots as evidence of where a trade should have closed, I'm 100% confident they would honor it if you have the proper evidence.
so if I don't use hard sl but using ea that closes all my trade at specific parameters
did I have to send them a copy of my ea ?!

navk Oct 1, 2020 1:50pm | Post# 3931

too much is said about Server issue.

Yes, it happened some times. But it was looked into by FTMO and server came back quickly.

This is temporary and they will fix it over a period of time. They are serious about it as we are.

And issues resulted due to sever outage is well taken care I guess as I did not face any problem in trades due to sever outage.

Just look at the positives.

Reasonable targets during challenge/verification.

Fee paid back on successful pass.

70 % share.

Legit company.

what else ?

Metrix is an app and it is for guidance only as long as one understands how daily loss limit and max loss limit works.

pipmaster77 Oct 1, 2020 2:28pm | Post# 3932

{quote} so if I don't use hard sl but using ea that closes all my trade at specific parameters did I have to send them a copy of my ea ?!
I was simply explaining the process I go through. Honestly, I think this is a situation where like humans do most of the time, just pick and pick and pick at everything wrong without looking at the positive. I get it, it's frustrating, I was in trades last night when it occurred. But c'mon, everyone acts like these things never happen. Head on over to the Oanda thread, one of the largest, most regulated brokers in the world and see what their clients go through almost daily. Only difference is there I think it's intentional.

fx75 Oct 1, 2020 2:36pm | Post# 3933

{quote} I was simply explaining the process I go through. Honestly, I think this is a situation where like humans do most of the time, just pick and pick and pick at everything wrong without looking at the positive. I get it, it's frustrating, I was in trades last night when it occurred. But c'mon, everyone acts like these things never happen. Head on over to the Oanda thread, one of the largest, most regulated brokers in the world and see what their clients go through almost daily. Only difference is there I think it's intentional.

agree.. but I think its ftmo responsibility to provide a stable environment
or give other options like icmarkets and similar

Dmh Oct 1, 2020 4:43pm | Post# 3934

{quote} agree.. but I think its ftmo responsibility to provide a stable environment or give other options like icmarkets and similar
That is funny because today I had constant disconnections with IC Markets-MT5 server during London open. In general; FTMO's MT5 server is much more stable than IC Markets MT5 server.

pipmaster77 Oct 1, 2020 5:45pm | Post# 3935

{quote} That is funny because today I had constant disconnections with IC Markets-MT5 server during London open. In general; FTMO's MT5 server is much more stable than IC Markets MT5 server.
Yes, my point exactly, most of the largest brokers in the world. have tons of issues. Doesn't make it acceptable, but folks in here act like it's only FTMO.

fx75 Oct 1, 2020 8:30pm | Post# 3936

{quote} That is funny because today I had constant disconnections with IC Markets-MT5 server during London open. In general; FTMO's MT5 server is much more stable than IC Markets MT5 server.
hope ftmo fix it!
Inserted Video

SKLearn Oct 2, 2020 2:52am | Post# 3937

{quote} Yes, my point exactly, most of the largest brokers in the world. have tons of issues. Doesn't make it acceptable, but folks in here act like it's only FTMO.
True.

I open(ed) tickets with Oanda(just have to email) and FXCM(before the black swan) whenever there was/is issue.
Both always reviewed and settled in my favor.

Atenoip Oct 2, 2020 3:00am | Post# 3938

{quote} Yes, my point exactly, most of the largest brokers in the world. have tons of issues. Doesn't make it acceptable, but folks in here act like it's only FTMO.
Maybe becouse this is a thread about FTMO..

IveGotQuads Oct 2, 2020 3:41am | Post# 3939

1 Attachment(s)
Finally gone through the challenge and I must say it was a little humbling and educational. Definitely have to have a system that you trust before heading into managing a live account.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 41 KB

Degolep Oct 2, 2020 4:34am | Post# 3940

Why dont you guys use Purple trading? Its stable, low enough commisions.

Can someone explain to me if Ftmo lmax wouldnt have technical issues what would the actual benefits be over Purple trading?

© Forex Factory