Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   FTMO.com - Funding for serious traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/707034-ftmocom-funding-for-serious-traders)

SKLearn Jul 12, 2020 8:15pm | Post# 2301

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGjtdhE2uM watch from min 58, it gets interesting, his account got "hacked" even tho he s the only 1 that has the "keys" to that computer. they(whoever they were) traded on his account 400 lots just to violate his max daily loss on a saturday and then "they" stopped. now how do u defend against that? and i do not mean how do u defend against beeing hacked lol..only him and ftmo have access to that account, ftmo said he was hacked..so he had to rebuild himself up from 5k loss cos luckily he s daily loss...
Trading on Saturday is not at all possible for retail traders. Even some hackers got it, still not possible to trade on Saturday.
something is fishy here...either the trader or the broker/provider.

Swing4Fence Jul 12, 2020 8:44pm | Post# 2302

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Trading on Saturday is not at all possible for retail traders. Even some hackers got it, still not possible to trade on Saturday. something is fishy here...either the trader or the broker/provider.
I placed multiple BitCoin trades on their LMAX platform Saturday. Attached image.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 6A575564-D7A0-484E-95D3-3CC000382D06.jpeg
Size: 589 KB

Aar Jul 12, 2020 9:32pm | Post# 2303

{quote} Trading on Saturday is not at all possible for retail traders. Even some hackers got it, still not possible to trade on Saturday. something is fishy here...either the trader or the broker/provider.
Ofcourse trading on Saturday is psbl. You can trade cryptos 24/7.

doji Jul 12, 2020 10:41pm | Post# 2304

All these opinions, it seems to me, are very much like the broker reviews on Forex Peace Army. Some people will swear by say, IC Markets. Others will call it a scam. My personal experience trading with LMAX years ago won't make me recommend them, like many others on FPA. Yet, there are traders who are satisfied using them.

The same might be true in the case of FTMO, who knows? That is why, funded traders as well as those taking the Challenge can help keep them honest, if not transparent, by providing feedback--favorable or not. Everyone will doubtless be benefited at the end of the day.

braintheboss Jul 13, 2020 4:58am | Post# 2305

Can anybody tell me kindly what are 100k challenge goals?

Swing4Fence Jul 13, 2020 7:41am | Post# 2306

1 Attachment(s)
Can anybody tell me kindly what are 100k challenge goals?
Attached.
Click to Enlarge

Name: BEBC1952-CA81-4000-85D9-FD7E1B888DDF.png
Size: 327 KB

Mtinifx Jul 13, 2020 7:56am | Post# 2307

{quote} Attached. {image}
Swing4Fence

Did you see my question? If your TE is a 100k account, that is quite amazing trading!

braintheboss Jul 13, 2020 7:59am | Post# 2308

{quote} Attached. {image}
Thank you. Difficulty not look very different comparing with demo challenge

Swing4Fence Jul 13, 2020 10:02am | Post# 2309

{quote} Swing4Fence Did you see my question? If your TE is a 100k account, that is quite amazing trading!
Sorry Mtinifx somehow I missed it.
Yes 100k.
Cheers mate

leweg1 Jul 13, 2020 10:56am | Post# 2310

1 Attachment(s)
It's a shame but my account has gone, never mind. i'll be back
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot0.png
Size: 18 KB

Aar Jul 13, 2020 11:09am | Post# 2311

1 Attachment(s)
It's a shame but my account has gone, never mind. i'll be back {image}
I would say you did great, because whole this period u were sane and remained fully disciplined. Next time you will pass it for sure. I followed your TE from time to time, what i saw was that u didn't deviate from your MM policy. That's for sure is a sign of a good trader.

Best Regards.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3437A1DC-7F20-45AF-BF5E-C3AFCE5B935D.jpeg
Size: 187 KB

Zuke Jul 13, 2020 12:05pm | Post# 2312

Sorry to hear this. However, you're discipline has been exemplary which gives me no doubt that you'll pass it with flying colours next time. Was that the Verification?

djxput Jul 13, 2020 12:42pm | Post# 2313

1 Attachment(s)
In regards to the hacked guys trade ... I 'think' this is where the trades were entered between 2 min candles there. The time is different showing in the account matrix but I think its 2 hours ahead of me.

Would of been a good trade ...

But it is a bit suspect that trades were entered and then all closed at the same time. Especially that lot size. Who knows but interesting none the less. (Im going to assume that the trades were closed on ftmos end because it went over the daily loss limit and perhaps on a funded account it does this (doesnt do this on a non funded)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot0.png
Size: 168 KB

leweg1 Jul 13, 2020 12:44pm | Post# 2314

{quote} I would say you did great, because whole this period u were sane and remained fully disciplined. Next time you will pass it for sure. I followed your TE from time to time, what i saw was that u didn't deviate from your MM policy. That's for sure is a sign of a good trader. Best Regards. {image}
Appreciate your kind words Aar!

{quote} Sorry to hear this. However, you're discipline has been exemplary which gives me no doubt that you'll pass it with flying colours next time. Was that the Verification?
thank you Zuke, yes this was the final verification stage

Swing4Fence Jul 13, 2020 1:48pm | Post# 2315

You will definitely be back
Solid trading & MM, simply hit a rough patch. Happens in every statistical space.

leweg1 Jul 13, 2020 2:11pm | Post# 2316

{quote} You will definitely be back Solid trading & MM, simply hit a rough patch. Happens in every statistical space.
Thanks mate! i am contemplating on either going back to FTMO or one of their competitors here in the commercial section with the chance of $1.2 million growth. not sure though

Mtinifx Jul 13, 2020 4:46pm | Post# 2317

{quote} Thanks mate! i am contemplating on either going back to FTMO or one of their competitors here in the commercial section with the chance of $1.2 million growth. not sure though
Yes really sorry to hear that! Let us know what you decide

doji Jul 13, 2020 9:59pm | Post# 2318

That must have been tough, leweg1. Passing the much-harder Evaluation phase but not making the Verification. If it's any consolation, the guy in that last video went thru the same thing (and he had SIX failed attempts before finally getting funded).

Just a thought. Doesn't having your account linked to the TE add another layer of pressure when trading, especially when you're still in the Challenge?

Masterrmind Jul 14, 2020 1:03am | Post# 2319

It is a shame considering the fact that you apply excellent risk to each trade.

Just an extended rough patch as Swing4Fence has pointed out.

Certainly appreciate you showing a TE.

I believe you are very very close to nailing it.

Yes there are a few competitors out there some that charge a monthly or longer term subscription to trade on a large account.

Due diligence required.

Good trading,

Masterrmind ........

snail69 Jul 14, 2020 1:51am | Post# 2320

{quote} Thanks mate! I am contemplating on either going back to FTMO or one of their competitors here in the commercial section with the chance of $1.2 million growth. Not sure though
Patience, persistence, spiced with passion. You will get it. Just a question of time.

© Forex Factory