Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Symbol Changer Profit Display (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/703669-symbol-changer-profit-display)

Vinna Aug 24, 2020 6:53pm | Post# 321

Hello, Hope All good to Cja Sir and everyone,If Iam not asking more ! can this indicator have an option to open the chart in another window(i.e another chart window) Presently the indicator opens chart of pair clicked in the same window.

AltosTrader Aug 24, 2020 7:03pm | Post# 322

Yes, it would be extremely helpful if the changer simply opened a new chart - not to duplicate any other of the same pair open though. That would allow placing Fibs or trendlines or whatever, making notes etc and left on that chart to go back to. There is nothing else can do this afaik. It would (presumably) only have to call that chart and move focus to it. The chart would be left open. Maybe it could have a "home" button on it to take you back to the changer chart ? It certainly works well as it is but that added feature would be great.

cja Aug 27, 2020 12:43am | Post# 323

Hello, Hope All good to Cja Sir and everyone,If Iam not asking more ! can this indicator have an option to open the chart in another window(i.e another chart window) Presently the indicator opens chart of pair clicked in the same window.
Yes, it would be extremely helpful if the changer simply opened a new chart - not to duplicate any other of the same pair open though. That would allow placing Fibs or trendlines or whatever, making notes etc and left on that chart to go back to. There is nothing else can do this afaik. It would (presumably) only have to call that chart and move focus to it. The chart would be left open. Maybe it could have a "home" button on it to take you back to the changer chart ? It certainly works well as it is but that added feature would be great.
I can easily add the option to open another chart, however coding a "home" button is more complication than I need at present plus I really cannot see the point in having it because what's wrong with making the first chart on your MT4 the Symbol Changer chart so it can be easily referenced? I am not quite sure what you mean by "only have to call that chart and move focus to it" surely it is easy enough to simply look at the charts listed on the lower part of the MT4 charts and click on that.
In short I can add in the option to open a completely new default chart every-time a Symbol Button is clicked or open a new chart using the Symbol Changer chart, if that will work for you please contact me.

Hello CJA – Thank you for your reply. My purpose is to remove the time waste and attention required when scrolling across. Using Daily charts I only get 20 on screen on a 1920 x 1040 monitor. I monitor 24 FX pairs, XAU, XAG, BTC, and some various others which can start to run pretty wide past the 20 and it is not quite so easy scrolling to a chart which may or may not be on screen depending when an alert occurs even despite being all alphabetical. Much easier to hold down “the scroll arrow” and then jump directly to the changer chart again Clicking the button on the changer screen should execute much as “If exist : Go to” “If not exist : Open * .tpl’ It should call the New chart by tpl name and should not delete any charts. However, and of course, should that chart have been closed by the user then it should open a clean tpl again. This allows leaving whatever lines and notes on charts until closed and then having a fresh start when next called afresh. A bigger issue arises when we look at some instrument names with such as soybeans or Oil and the like which go to 11 characters, so maybe in that instance one could run multiple instance of the symbol changer (to avoid buttons becoming wider than needed) or simply have a second chart where long names are fewer and wider buttons OK. Perhaps you will see my desire for a “Home” button when we are across at chart 33. But that is not quite so vital. The symbol chart always is the first chart – is there a shortcut to it – hadn’t thought of that.
Sorry I simply do not have the spare time to look into that sort of code, at present I am only doing small easy updates and requests as have a very busy life outside of Forex and Forums in these difficult times that we all face.

AltosTrader Aug 27, 2020 2:17am | Post# 324

OK - Thankyou for the existing changer regardless. It works well and I have good use for it. Kia ora.

Samalin Sep 2, 2020 2:23am | Post# 325

thanks Cja for your effort its a wonderful indicator

Paymanz Oct 1, 2020 7:14am | Post# 326

thanks dear cja.

i have a question if anybody know please help me. is there any solution that lets you draw for each symbol separately?! so when you draw something on the chart and then you change the symbol it doesn't appears on other symbol.

Vinna Oct 1, 2020 12:13pm | Post# 327

thanks dear cja. i have a question if anybody know please help me. is there any solution that lets you draw for each symbol separately?! so when you draw something on the chart and then you change the symbol it doesn't appears on other symbol.
May be naming the Template with your indicator placed on it as Default may work for you....Just try....

Paymanz Oct 1, 2020 12:34pm | Post# 328

{quote} May be naming the Template with your indicator placed on it as Default may work for you....Just try....
thanks vinna for replying but i think thats not solution for me. what i look for is while changing symbols using cja's indicator each symbol to save own drawings so when you draw something on one pair and then change the symbol you wont see that object on your chart. i dont think what you suggested do that , but thanks anyway!

cladiog Oct 7, 2020 1:19pm | Post# 329

Hi! I love this indicator! I was using the V3. But looked for the updates regarding some pairs didn`t show when had activity... But the new version I found 5.1, doesn`t open in new window (the option I was using).
Just works when use "in the chart" option.
Does anybody have that issue? Any comment.
Thanks for help

cja Oct 7, 2020 2:04pm | Post# 330

Hi! I love this indicator! I was using the V3. But looked for the updates regarding some pairs didn`t show when had activity... But the new version I found 5.1, doesn`t open in new window (the option I was using). Just works when use "in the chart" option. Does anybody have that issue? Any comment. Thanks for help
You must use the MT Window indicator for the indicator to load into or any indicator that uses a separate window I changed this because too many people complained about the separate window opening when they were only wanting to use the main chart. The MT Window indicator is on the first post of this thread.

ZAK2020 Oct 11, 2020 6:17am | Post# 331

Hi
Dear Cja

Thank you so much for your great work on Symbol Changer Profit Display indicator, it's wonderful.
We are one group of people that using your indicator and want to say thank you, Also we have one problem and would be grateful if you could help us to solve it, We love using your indicator but we can't use experts at the same time in same chart and expert and your indicator start to conflict and hanging and the chart start to getting freeze.

Please help us
thank you in advance for your help

ZAK2020 Oct 11, 2020 5:43pm | Post# 332

2 Attachment(s)
This two expert, specially Trading board, please help us to work with both of them(Your indicator and one of the experts) in the same chart.
Thank you
TradingBoard.ex4
Money Management Tool TD.ex4

cja Oct 12, 2020 3:57am | Post# 333

Hi Dear Cja Thank you so much for your great work on Symbol Changer Profit Display indicator, it's wonderful. We are one group of people that using your indicator and want to say thank you, Also we have one problem and would be grateful if you could help us to solve it, We love using your indicator but we can't use experts at the same time in same chart and expert and your indicator start to conflict and hanging and the chart start to getting freeze. Please help us thank you in advance for your help
This two expert, specially Trading board, please help us to work with both of them(Your indicator and one of the experts) in the same chart. Thank you {file} {file}
Without the source code for the experts I cannot help you because I cannot see what the possible code conflict is from only one side of the issue.

Erebus Oct 12, 2020 5:22am | Post# 334

Hi Dear Cja Thank you so much for your great work on Symbol Changer Profit Display indicator, it's wonderful. We are one group of people that using your indicator and want to say thank you, Also we have one problem and would be grateful if you could help us to solve it, We love using your indicator but we can't use experts at the same time in same chart and expert and your indicator start to conflict and hanging and the chart start to getting freeze. Please help us thank you in advance for your help
Use 2 charts, it's not rocket science

AltosTrader Oct 12, 2020 7:06am | Post# 335

I run 27 charts. One of them has the Symbol Changer 5.1 and 26 are FX and Metals. I can use indicators but I don't mark up or use EA's on the symbol changer chart as that does not work well. The Symbol Changer lets me quickly scan all instruments of interest. When I see something interesting I leave the Changer chart and go to that actual chart where I can use trendlines, Fibs, oscillators or whatever else I wish. On each these charts I also have a Trade Panel for placing and controlling trades. Everything works very well. I have tried all the Symbol Changers and all of them slow any EA or Trade Panels down so trading from the Changer chart is not a viable approach if you use EA's of any type on it..

ZAK2020 Oct 12, 2020 12:23pm | Post# 336

Thank you Cja, Erebus and AltosTrader.
You are right.

Thanks

ElectricSavant Oct 18, 2020 4:33pm | Post# 337

This is an awesome contribution. Now If I could only turn on and off my EA on each chart as needed as easy as this symbol changer does.

ES

Erebus Oct 18, 2020 4:44pm | Post# 338

{quote} I run 27 charts. Everything works very well. I have tried all the Symbol Changers and all of them slow any EA or Trade Panels down so trading from the Changer chart is not a viable approach if you use EA's of any type on it..
Have you tried the @tuxTrader Symbol Changer PLUS?

https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/...xtraders-tools

AltosTrader Oct 18, 2020 6:10pm | Post# 339

{quote} Have you tried the @tuxTrader Symbol Changer PLUS? https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/...xtraders-tools
Tried them all. They ALL, afaik, get slowed right down. Place an EA and the symbol changer struggles. I run CJA's 5.1 on one mt4 and Tux on another - always the same issue. Just have to work a little differently as I mentioned in 335 above.

robots4me Oct 18, 2020 8:28pm | Post# 340

{quote} I run 27 charts. One of them has the Symbol Changer 5.1 and 26 are FX and Metals. I can use indicators but I don't mark up or use EA's on the symbol changer chart as that does not work well. The Symbol Changer lets me quickly scan all instruments of interest. When I see something interesting I leave the Changer chart and go to that actual chart where I can use trendlines, Fibs, oscillators or whatever else I wish. On each these charts I also have a Trade Panel for placing and controlling trades. Everything works very well. I have tried all...
@AltosTrader -- I had run into a similar problem with the EAs that I wrote, and then tracked down the problem.

Each time you change symbols then both the EA's and indicators' OnDeinit() routine gets called. It's the code that gets executed during the OnDeinit() that causes the problem. Since I own my source code then the way I solved it was to make sure all OnDeinit() routines in EAs and indicators were "lean and mean"...

© Forex Factory