Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Symbol Changer Profit Display (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/703669-symbol-changer-profit-display)

link.down Apr 27, 2020 1:38pm | Post# 261

{quote} It is an indicator not an EA so Symbol Changer Profit Display in it's present form cannot be used to activate trades.
Hi CJA ! thank you for great Symbol Changer, is that possible to add a new feature < Key Shortcut > that allows us to change the chart with a keyboard simple key ,not a mouse button on each Symbol button! Thank you

cja Apr 27, 2020 8:03pm | Post# 262

Wow. thanks so much for your indicator. I have a question about the code. What is the code to move an indicator from the main window to an indicator window. I could use that for other applications. {image}
You simply substitute the "window" text with 0 =main chart, 1 = 1st indicator window, 2 = 2nd indicator winow etc
Inserted Code
ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_LABEL, window, 0, 0);

{quote} Hi CJA ! thank you for great Symbol Changer, is that possible to add a new feature < Key Shortcut > that allows us to change the chart with a keyboard simple key ,not a mouse button on each Symbol button! Thank you
How would you envisage using the keyboard???
How can that be simple?? so unless I am getting this wrong you would rather for example use 28 keys to change 28 Symbols instead of clicking on the individual buttons??? More info is needed your request lacks any detail so if you want me to consider any changes or updates you will have to provide a lot more detailed info.

link.down Apr 28, 2020 2:05am | Post# 263

{quote} You simply substitute the "window" text with 0 =main chart, 1 = 1st indicator window, 2 = 2nd indicator window etc ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_LABEL, window, 0, 0); {quote} How would you envisage using the keyboard??? How can that be simple?? so unless I am getting this wrong you would rather for example use 28 keys to change 28 Symbols instead of clicking on the individual buttons??? More info is needed your request lacks any detail so if you want me to consider any changes or updates you will have to provide a lot more detailed info.
Hi, no 28 keys to change 28 pairs! simple one Shortcut key, example ( in properties we can choose ) CTRL + A or any other combination, on each time when process shortcut key it'll move to next chart and again hit CTRL + A it'll move to the next chart and keep going like this! is it clear the point!

I've asked ( i forgot, i think it was mql5 ) Community about this function they said: "YES ITS POSSIBLE" !

P.S in case it's difficult then it'll be great if add a Button beside TF, each time we click on that specific button it'll change chart in sequence as we set on our chart,

Badguy May 2, 2020 10:49am | Post# 264

Sorry, mistake

Josiong May 8, 2020 11:26pm | Post# 265

Hello CJA, your symbol changer profit display is really something for me and really thanks to you to share it freely here. I think this tool would become perfect with some improvement. Before I found your indicator I have bought some similar indicator in the MQL5 market called "LINKER CHART MASTER". This have some advantage over Symbol changer profit display, but I end up in using symbol changer profit display for most of the time just because i like it very much. The one that really make me interested is because the profit color display, so I know exactly which pair I am trading right now and can switch it back and forth without need to see in my terminal for every pair I trade.

But if you could add some feature to this indicator, then I think it would be perfect :
1. A minimize button to hide the symbol, so it would not take up much screen when we show multi timeframe at once.
2. If possible, make it sync able, so like I open 3 or 4 same symbol chart with diference timeframe, then when I change symbol all the slave timeframe follow to change symbol.
3. Add some scroll feature that makes our active chart as master and the other chart would follow the scroll, so when we scroll one timeframe chart back and forth the other chart follow to show the same position.
4. Symbol changer profit display as far as I see is sharing same chart board for every single symbol, that is why when we draw some line in one symbol it also shown in other symbol with similar price range. I don't know why but in linker chart it doesn't happened, it only show the object on the symbol we draw and would never shown in other symbol even with similar price range. And the one I like is it has sync feature, so when I draw something on the master chart it will show on the entire slave chart with same symbol. So if I draw trendline on daily chart, it also shown on other chart window with same symbol but difference timeframe. But there is also one that I don't like it because every custom setting I made for the object like say I have a custom level for fibonachi retracement that i set and use in the chart, after i draw it and change symbol and back again all my custom setting is gone and back to the default one again.

Apologize if my request is to much, it would become my dream come true for me if you can make it happen with Symbol changer profit display. But this is just an request, if you feel it is to complicated to make it happen then just obey it because I already happy with the current version. But the sync version is the one I really need if you could make it. Thanks in advance CJA

RoccoLom May 14, 2020 5:20am | Post# 266

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am looking for a system with standard horizontal line or a price movement alarm indicator that can be used with Symbol Changer Profit and that works on all the symbols and pairs of the graph, I have this but it does not work. Thanks
PriceAlert_Ver_1-2.mq4

SantaT May 14, 2020 1:25pm | Post# 267

Did anyone else's symbol changer change how it looks without them adjusting anything. Went to sleep with it last night with it looking normal and woke up to see it totally different with different currencies as well as stocks and time frames squeezed together in a box instead of separate.

Should I change something in my settings because the current display does nothing for me whereas the profit display v5 as it originally was, was perfect.

cja May 14, 2020 11:06pm | Post# 268

Did anyone else's symbol changer change how it looks without them adjusting anything. Went to sleep with it last night with it looking normal and woke up to see it totally different with different currencies as well as stocks and time frames squeezed together in a box instead of separate. Should I change something in my settings because the current display does nothing for me whereas the profit display v5 as it originally was, was perfect.
Please provide a screenshot and a copy of what was in your experts tab.

keansajeweki May 15, 2020 1:35am | Post# 269

It may be possible however a work around is just load 2 examples of the indicator on the same chart with different Symbols. Thank you, that will be the solution indeed
I did try that, but its not working, its like they are conflicting and dont show the whole indicator when insert 2 of them

cja May 15, 2020 5:46am | Post# 270

{quote} I did try that, but its not working, its like they are conflicting and dont show the whole indicator when insert 2 of them
Did you change the "Indicator unique ID or magic number" input to something different for each indicator? and use the shift inputs to set the 2nd indicator away from the 1st one? See the 1st post of this thread and you can see it is possible to load multi indicators on the same chart.

ecryptom May 27, 2020 6:43am | Post# 271

is any symbol changer working on renko charts ?

Hutch May 27, 2020 9:51am | Post# 272

is any symbol changer working on renko charts ?
I tried a few before and they didn't work because they didn't accept offline charts. Maybe someone might suggest a solution.

sauldanielro Jun 4, 2020 3:20pm | Post# 273

Hi Friends, If you like you can make settings like the enclosed image. The settings details is also given in the inset. {image}
can anyone tell me which indicators /scripts are in use here?

sj9bp20 Jun 5, 2020 12:36pm | Post# 274

Dear CJA,
Took me a while to work out how to set the Symbol Changer up but it was well worth it. I thank you for your work.

I have one minor issue. Is it possible to limit the number of symbols it shows. My market watch contains well over 400 symbols which, as you can imagine, takes up a lot of space when in a window on a chart !!

Cryptosurf Jun 5, 2020 12:40pm | Post# 275

Dear CJA, Took me a while to work out how to set the Symbol Changer up but it was well worth it. I thank you for your work. I have one minor issue. Is it possible to limit the number of symbols it shows. My market watch contains well over 400 symbols which, as you can imagine, takes up a lot of space when in a window on a chart !!
I believe you have the option to manually selected pairs in the indicator settings.

You can also right click on the marketwatch list and save various sets. There’s no reason to have all them loaded if you’re not ever going to trace them.

NamelessI Jun 7, 2020 10:58am | Post# 276

Hi Cja.
Could you consider making a version for mt5 or maybe anyone?

Givenpodile Jun 8, 2020 12:25pm | Post# 277

Hi Cja. Could you consider making a version for mt5 or maybe anyone?
I do know how to create Renko charts on mt 5 but you won't be able to trade on them.

howa61 Jun 30, 2020 12:40am | Post# 278

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} You simply substitute the "window" text with 0 =main chart, 1 = 1st indicator window, 2 = 2nd indicator winow etc ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_LABEL, window, 0, 0); {quote} How would you envisage using the keyboard??? How can that be simple?? so unless I am getting this wrong you would rather for example use 28 keys to change 28 Symbols instead of clicking on the individual buttons??? More info is needed your request lacks any detail so if you want me to consider any changes or updates you will have to provide a lot more detailed info.
Hi cya....Thanks for this super indi.

Can you please add buttons for change template?
Maybe 1 to 15 small button where on each one we can save a template?
So we just push ie. Button 1 and the template named nameoftemplate.tpl will appear.

Similar to this or whatever you feel good

Name:  button.png
Views: 591
Size:  5 KB

Also with possibility to move all the buttons up /down right/left of the chart and to move the Indi on Window 1-2-3.....like already do with symbol changer also if possible to exclude everything and show only the template button

Thanks in advance.

cja Jun 30, 2020 1:50am | Post# 279

{quote} Hi cya....Thanks for this super indi. Can you please add buttons for change template? Maybe 1 to 15 small button where on each one we can save a template? So we just push ie. Button 1 and the template named nameoftemplate.tpl will appear. Similar to this or whatever you feel good {image} Also with possibility to move all the buttons up /down right/left of the chart and to move the Indi on Window 1-2-3.....like already do with symbol changer also if possible to exclude everything and show only the template button Thanks in advance.
Using an indicator to change templates is a whole lot more complicated than it first looks, for example if you load an indicator such as you describe and click on a template button the template will load but the template button changer indicator disappears off the chart which means you have to go through each of your templates and load them on a chart then load the template indicator then re-save the original template to include the template changer indicator so every time you change templates the template indicator is loaded as well however because it is loading an existing template which includes the template changer indicator it will load on the chart in the position that it was in when the template was saved. A long winded answer I know but at the end of the day I believe you are better off using the built in MT4 template setup.

howa61 Jun 30, 2020 2:52am | Post# 280

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Using an indicator to change templates is a whole lot more complicated than it first looks, for example if you load an indicator such as you describe and click on a template button the template will load but the template button changer indicator disappears off the chart which means you have to go through each of your templates and load them on a chart then load the template indicator then re-save the original template to include the template changer indicator so every time you change templates the template indicator is loaded as well however...
Thanks cya for the answer...

I found this indi but unfortunately have only ex4 file and will open the template on all the open chart...

mn ApplyTemplate.ex4

Click to Enlarge

Name: nmtemplate.png
Size: 15 KB

can be useful?

Can you make a dashboard like that with small button that open different template only in the chart where it is?

Also can load in different windows?

Im not very technician and don't know if is possible or not, anyway.....

Thanks in advance

© Forex Factory