Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hedge Trade-panel (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=701784)

Zlattata Aug 6, 2018 4:57pm | Post# 81

Is buying precious metals a good way of hedging your investments???

T4Trade Aug 6, 2018 5:17pm | Post# 82

{quote} ok deal...i am not a coder..but i have some idea..if you think its good..lets develop it
you guys have developed it and disappeared?

Nicholishen Aug 6, 2018 7:43pm | Post# 83

1 Attachment(s)
HedgePanelEA.zip

f3n_dy Aug 7, 2018 8:12pm | Post# 84

{file}
thanks a lot sir.

f3n_dy Aug 7, 2018 8:13pm | Post# 85

Hi Nicholishen I'm trying your tool on Oanda Hedge demo account but it look like is not working as per pictures below. Do you know why? Thanks {image} {image}
can you share fixscale indicator in ur chart?
thanks

f3n_dy Aug 7, 2018 10:11pm | Post# 86

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} This isn't a system or a strategy, it's a tool to assist manual traders with making smarter positions.
this tool can develop for semi automatic like this
oct1.mp4

f3n_dy Aug 14, 2018 4:14am | Post# 87

1 Attachment(s)
{file}

i usually trade in snr/supply demand area, adding buy stop or sell stop using script.
my idea is using this EA for automatic trade after manual entry...can you make this oneclick become semi automatic entry...first entry is manual then ea continue trade automatic.
for external input in this ea risk percentage entry, pipstep averaging pip,number of level averaging, hedging step, daily percentage target, trailling, bep + after x pips.
this system can produce daily profit 1-3%.
thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 15 KB

MhMd3eZZ Aug 30, 2018 6:11am | Post# 88

{file}
greetings
thank you very much
could you make
1-the ability to make the stop loss 0 its always revert to 1
2-the ability to open pending orders away from the price its always opened in the same postion
or suggest me another panel in another thread
blessing

simnz Sep 24, 2018 12:17am | Post# 89

{quote} this tool can develop for semi-automatic like this {file}
Where can I have this indicator? The weblink is not working.
Appreciate if you have the valid link.
Thank you.

simnz Sep 24, 2018 12:20am | Post# 90

{file}
May I request you to inform which files will go into which folders of mql4.
thank you.

Nicholishen Sep 24, 2018 6:53pm | Post# 91

{quote} May I request you to inform which files will go into which folders of mql4. thank you.
Just grab the ex4 from the OP and install into the Experts folder.

VEEFX Sep 24, 2018 7:02pm | Post# 92

{quote} Just grab the ex4 from the OP and install into the Experts folder.
This panel could be expanded into a full fledged trading platform with a lot more necessary features required for semi-automatic traders... including ReMOTE Control for mobile automation :-) Let me know if you are interested as I have tons of ideas.... but you would need to make it open source for the benefit of everyone :-)

Merka Oct 3, 2018 8:24am | Post# 93

1 Attachment(s)
@Nicholishen

I have a question.
If I use OrderCloseBy for the 2 orders buy/sell at 113.854 is the net result of the operation zero profit/loss as both orders are opened exactly at the same price?
If not, what is the command to reconcile that 2 orders as just 1 order with zero profit or loss?
Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20181003-104747.png
Size: 136 KB

Nicholishen Oct 3, 2018 12:59pm | Post# 94

@Nicholishen I have a question. If I use OrderCloseBy for the 2 orders buy/sell at 113.854 is the net result of the operation zero profit/loss as both orders are opened exactly at the same price? If not, what is the command to reconcile that 2 orders as just 1 order with zero profit or loss? Thanks {image}
Great question, and yes. This will net you a breakeven trade, but you will still pay (1) commission if your broker charges commission.

Merka Oct 3, 2018 1:09pm | Post# 95

{quote} Great question, and yes. This will net you a breakeven trade, but you will still pay (1) commission if your broker charges commission.
Thanks
I will send you a PM in few hours.

Merka Oct 3, 2018 7:22pm | Post# 96

2 Attachment(s)
Testing ordercloseby on Sell/Buy orders at 1.14870
Screenshots before/after the execution.

Very nice command
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20181004-001733.png
Size: 142 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20181004-001904.png
Size: 90 KB

totetronico Nov 21, 2018 1:45pm | Post# 97

1 Attachment(s)
Good Day every one

Anyone Having this issue where the panel just dissapears from charts when changing from timeframe ?

I get this on this experts tab messages.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 40 KB

EnrichWave Dec 11, 2018 7:57pm | Post# 98

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} this tool can develop for semi automatic like this {file}
Yo Man, Could you please upload that to people get benefit?.

Regards

I know, I know... we've all said it before, hedging is f*** stupid because it costs you double in fees, right? Well that's actually not (always) the case. There's a neat little hidden gem in MT that's almost entirely undocumented and almost never used by developers (ever) that's called OrderCloseBy. What this function does is takes hedged orders and reconciles the transactions as netted. This allows you to do some neat things we'll talk about in a minute, but for now it's important to understand that if you use this method you are not charged double fees since you are instructing the broker server to reconcile the hedge as a netting transaction. eg. Buy 1 lot to open and Sell 1 lot to close. Profit = spread of sell price - buy price. Net commission = 1 lot (not 2). Net Profit = Profit - commission. So why is this important? Well it's about risk management...
Man, Ton thanks for the excellent work. It's look like you are from heaven. Live peaceful. have happy, healthy, and wealthy life

Regards

PS:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 35 KB
When I drag and drop other currency and Changing the Time frame of the EA Loaded chart also the EA automatically remove itself.

SirOrigami Mar 19, 2019 3:14pm | Post# 99

You have this tool for MT5?

scherzi Mar 19, 2019 3:28pm | Post# 100

I know, I know... we've all said it before, hedging is f*** stupid because it costs you double in fees, right? Well that's actually not (always) the case. There's a neat little hidden gem in MT that's almost entirely undocumented and almost never used by developers (ever) that's called OrderCloseBy. What this function does is takes hedged orders and reconciles the transactions as netted. This allows you to do some neat things we'll talk about in a minute, but for now it's important to understand that if you use this method you are not charged double...
I use hedging every time I have the opportunity to. Which is almost every time I trade. Being greedy is a nice way to lose all.

© Forex Factory