Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

vikinsa Feb 23, 2020 9:44am | Post# 102581

DXY and EURUSD Weekly Analysis:

Inserted Video

Inserted Video

mistaouting Feb 23, 2020 10:12am | Post# 102582

Hello. A question for non-scalpers if i may. How do you manage buy trades given negative swaps. For example the down trends are a little easier as in one can keep positions open for over a day or a even a few days as the swap is just adding up. But im assuming the strategy on buy trades should be to not hold a trade and try to close intra-day every time? Assuming 0820 holds in the coming week and we see some fashion of retrace to around 1.1 how would you manage these buys?. Thanks.
Possible carry trades

QuantemPips Feb 23, 2020 11:56am | Post# 102583

Hello. A question for non-scalpers if i may. How do you manage buy trades given negative swaps. For example the down trends are a little easier as in one can keep positions open for over a day or a even a few days as the swap is just adding up. But im assuming the strategy on buy trades should be to not hold a trade and try to close intra-day every time? Assuming 0820 holds in the coming week and we see some fashion of retrace to around 1.1 how would you manage these buys?. Thanks.
Carry trade is right. In case of EUR / USD it's "down hard, easy up". Example: Went short 10 lots late last October from 1.1061. Held for 3 months picking up $35 a day in swap. Cashed out at 1.0980 (which wound up being WAY too early, but who knew?) picking up 800+ pips on the 10 lots + $3000 in swap. Now, I'm "up easy", long on only 1 lot from 1.0825 so I'm only paying swap on one lot while I wait for the market to move back up towards the top of it's (daily / hourly) range. Friday was a good day. When the trade gets back up towards the top of it's range, I'll cash my long and turn around and go hard balls out short again.

CAUTION: One has to be willing to accept potential very deep drawdowns and have sizeable excess margin to withstand them.

I know most on this thread will say I'm full of s**t and I admit it's boring as hell, but it works so far. Started with $10k in October of '18. Account balance $52k as of today. IMO much more sound way to trade than trying to constantly time the market.

Ata-Turkoglu Feb 23, 2020 1:22pm | Post# 102584

{quote} I have a swap free account, so I’m not worrying about swap. I find it easier, because 1. My religion, and 2. If you think a long term uptrend has started, I can let my longs run without worrying too much. Edit: My advice is: if you like the swap, just open a swap free account, and use it to go long.
I am not sure but many are not aware that brokers allow only muslims to open swap free (islamic) accounts. For citizens residing in Christian countries if they can't prove that they are muslim via a document from a local mosque then brokers don't accept their swap free account requests. I don't know if there are exceptional brokers but this is the general rule.

*luckily goldfish is living in a islamic country and therefore your advice to him was correct..

Stay Green

Austyno Feb 23, 2020 5:05pm | Post# 102585

WTF, 30 PIPS GAP, seems we are in the gap territory

Anubi Feb 23, 2020 5:05pm | Post# 102586

covid19 is going to be a mess here in italy.. I estimate europe will be next economy suffering from the virus pay attention

Dingoman-two Feb 23, 2020 5:05pm | Post# 102587

3 Attachment(s)
Well that was worthwhile watching, back to bed for me

Click to Enlarge

Name: HTKrTyHbFuJkIoL.JPG
Size: 168 KB
Weekly
Click to Enlarge

Name: TKrTyHbFuJkIoL.JPG
Size: 169 KB
15 min chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: xzKrTyHbFuJkIoL.JPG
Size: 160 KB

Maroc-Ismail Feb 23, 2020 5:24pm | Post# 102588

{quote} I am not sure but many are not aware that brokers allow only muslims to open swap free (islamic) accounts. For citizens residing in Christian countries if they can't prove that they are muslim via a document from a local mosque then brokers don't accept their swap free account requests. I don't know if there are exceptional brokers but this is the general rule. *luckily goldfish is living in a islamic country and therefore your advice to him was correct.. Stay Green
Thanks bro. I was not aware of that rule. Maybe because my broker let me pass through so easily.

digger1 Feb 23, 2020 6:04pm | Post# 102589

1 Attachment(s)
Well that was worthwhile watching, back to bed for me {image}
Lol,, readjust them ,, its like a wave recount ,, move shit around enough something will line up ,,think somewhere in the not too distant past there is a similar chart ,, just this has some candles to the shit now ,,cheers bud ,, Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur to post.jpg
Size: 278 KB

Starcraftmaz Feb 23, 2020 6:48pm | Post# 102590

covid19 is going to be a mess here in italy.. I estimate europe will be next economy suffering from the virus pay attention
I wouldn't be worried about Italy, it has the best healthcare in Europe, and these towns are not very big.

Should be more worried about South Korea, it has population density 10 times that of Hubei and cases there are sharply rising.

Ata-Turkoglu Feb 24, 2020 1:53am | Post# 102591

1 Attachment(s)
H4 Status Update

Mind the gap.. Meanwhile bulls are struggling a little bit but I think it will be okay.. Watch 1.0808 support area!

Stay Green
Click to Enlarge

Name: H4-Status-Update.png
Size: 22 KB

Ata-Turkoglu Feb 24, 2020 2:00am | Post# 102592

1 Attachment(s)
Daily S/R Levels for Monday

For now 1.0814/08 area is supportive.. Bulls have to break above 1.0844..

Stay Green
Click to Enlarge

Name: Daily-Levels.png
Size: 19 KB

bigiivan Feb 24, 2020 3:44am | Post# 102593

If current H4 close bullish - we are going up.

J.Ped Feb 24, 2020 4:15am | Post# 102594

2 Attachment(s)
Hello friends
In my opinion, low support conditions are provided to stabilize the ascending bulls in H1. I made a small entry based on M15 & M5.I monitor the Pos and go ahead. If necessary, I close and find a better entry point ... but we don't covet!
Click to Enlarge

Name: H1.PNG
Size: 36 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: M15.PNG
Size: 43 KB

Mitiblotch Feb 24, 2020 6:36am | Post# 102595

Hi Anubi, I thought you lived in Egypt? You said "here in Italy" so I assume you moved.

mistaouting Feb 24, 2020 9:50am | Post# 102596

you guys long yet lol.....hope your getting some of these pips

mistaouting Feb 24, 2020 9:52am | Post# 102597

the bears are hear lol....sell off in us stocks....moving money to eur to get that negative interest. once the smoke settles a little and the us stock market is back to risk on....expect the bears to come back.....

last week was a good buy for euro

Traderview Feb 24, 2020 9:59am | Post# 102598

The bearish monthly. Expecting it to settle around 1.0833.

Anubi Feb 24, 2020 10:04am | Post# 102599

{quote} Hi Anubi, I thought you lived in Egypt? You said "here in Italy" so I assume you moved.
I come from hell, I'm everywhere

mistaouting Feb 24, 2020 10:10am | Post# 102600

nice way to start the week...ill ride the bull for now....a bull is a bull until its not especially if we break last weeks high

might get back to 09, I need I need to redraw my s&r's

© Forex Factory