Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

Hutch Feb 21, 2020 4:09pm | Post# 102561

1 Attachment(s)
No great news today but the EUR news were better than those from the US so the result is that the bulls took over for a good trading day
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM67.png
Size: 37 KB

pridolfx Feb 21, 2020 4:11pm | Post# 102562

No great news today but the EUR news were better than those from the US so the result is that the bulls took over for a good trading day {image}
and now back down till 1.0700

macdulio Feb 22, 2020 1:30am | Post# 102563

A Working Market Model

Ata-Turkoglu Feb 22, 2020 2:58am | Post# 102564

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet Spots and S/R Levels for New Week

As long as bulls can keep it above the 1.0830/40 zone it is likely that price will keep rising to 1.0890 area. With current picture in mind, imho, best is to watch intraday support levels and to keep buying dips based on H1 (or H4).

I hope it helps.. Enjoy your weekends folks

Stay Green
Click to Enlarge

Name: NewWeeks-SR-Levels.png
Size: 27 KB

hk81 Feb 22, 2020 8:24am | Post# 102565

Hi ata

Looking a bit insight from you, as I'm looking at past history in Monthly chart. I Noticed EURUSD on July 2014 keep declining until March 2015. The total down is around 3000 pips (or 30000 micro pips)
Do you know what causing that at that time ? And do you think it's possible due to COVID-19 the EURUSD gonna repeat that extreme down move ?

Thanks before.

v2vboni Feb 22, 2020 9:38am | Post# 102566

1 Attachment(s)
Buy the dips... Intraday setup only
H4 TF : TP1 @ 1.09136
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU_today123.png
Size: 76 KB

Ata-Turkoglu Feb 22, 2020 10:45am | Post# 102567

Hi ata Looking a bit insight from you, as I'm looking at past history in Monthly chart. I Noticed EURUSD on July 2014 keep declining until March 2015. The total down is around 3000 pips (or 30000 micro pips) Do you know what causing that at that time ? And do you think it's possible due to COVID-19 the EURUSD gonna repeat that extreme down move ? Thanks before.
This might provide the closest answer to your first question: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...urozone-Crisis
For your 2nd question: Nobody knows if history will repeat itself. I personally stay away from long-term projections. I always look at the next week in advance and make my plans according to that. Simple as that. Looking too far into the future is just wasted effort imho. My two cents

And additionally these were the two triggers back then*:
July 2014
ECB prepares market for possible, if not imminent, QE implementation as Eurozone economic growth and inflation continues to stagnate.

January 2015
ECB announces full-blown QE.

*Source: https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/10-...e-now-20180814

Stay Green

Hutch Feb 22, 2020 11:01am | Post# 102568

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} and now back down till 1.0700
With only meager news until Thursday I think that the EURUSD will trade within a tight range until then.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Thursday.png
Size: 27 KB

zotium Feb 22, 2020 12:34pm | Post# 102569

Does anyone here think we'll have a follow through bullishness on Monday, maybe about 60p up? If yes, why would you think so?

digger1 Feb 22, 2020 6:31pm | Post# 102570

Does anyone here think we'll have a follow through bullishness on Monday, maybe about 60p up? If yes, why would you think so?
Lol,, your question ,,, does anyone think its bullish or does anyone think its bearish ,, ponder tht for a second,, sure one could find a pretty equal number with the reasons they want to see to cover their thoughts for either way ,,, the question would be what is a chart telling you to think

digger1 Feb 22, 2020 6:58pm | Post# 102571

5 Attachment(s)
The grand puba,,, tgts lower ,,,yep Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur to post.jpg
Size: 339 KB

The puba s ceo last weeks candle a neat little candle ,,, Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur.jpg
Size: 394 KB

The daily ,, took out some old lows from a few quarters before ,, like it has been doing ,, now ,for months and months , a normal question ,, what does a mkt do ,, takes a level out retests and continues on ,, or it dont ,, if it gets above and holds then where has the best spot to sell and hold for a while come in at for months and moths now ,, the ole daily 200 Click to Enlarge

Name: 6.jpg
Size: 391 KB

Now tht one knows where the hell they are at,,,,, to the ole golden boy the 4 hour view ,, one might be able to draw a few lines and start coming up with a plan Click to Enlarge

Name: 7.jpg
Size: 277 KB

Now to a hourly where one can see where maybe to implement a plan ,,, or at least have a damn clue ,,what holds what folds ,,, without all the long winded bullshit one may run across with a question like tht ,, its not easy traders ,, but its not the rocket science its made out to be Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 daily euro.jpg
Size: 334 KB

Dingoman-two Feb 22, 2020 8:20pm | Post# 102572

The grand puba,,, tgts lower ,,,yep {image} The puba s ceo last weeks candle a neat little candle ,,, {image} The daily ,, took out some old lows from a few quarters before ,, like it has been doing ,, now ,for months and months , a normal question ,, what does a mkt do ,, takes a level out retests and continues on ,, or it dont ,, if it gets above and holds then where has the best spot to sell and hold for a while come in at for months and moths now ,, the ole daily 200 {image} Now tht one knows where the hell they are at,,,,, to the ole golden...

Mondays Asian Market could push it up to the 1.0850 area first Digs

digger1 Feb 22, 2020 8:41pm | Post# 102573

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Mondays Asian Market could push it up to the 1.0850 area first Digs
well at the least we should find out how serious "they" are bout driving er lower ,,, be a clue to how they think int rates are going lol, not tht I give a shit either way ,, means nothing to me ,, other than what a chart tells me it should mean to make my shekel ,,,, lower usd drops theirs the more quantitative easing the eur will throw at it,, the big boys got a sweet gig going here ,,,, get payed to borrow money and then payed on the swaps to stick er in short on this turd ,, win win ,, until something there changes ,, it will be the same ole shit lol wont be in a hurry to go anywhere unless ole fat finger shows up down here and gets it over with , its not what something is actually worth anymore ,, hasent been for a long time ,, its only about how the system can be gamed by the big boys to keep their billions rolling in ,,,,,,just have to play the ole fagazi game like they do bud ,, ,, see what we get over the next week for patterns Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur to post.jpg
Size: 367 KB

Pollen Feb 23, 2020 12:51am | Post# 102574

2 Attachment(s)
first trend line broken.

Can be a start of a new uptrend
Click to Enlarge

Name: 26.png
Size: 67 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 25.png
Size: 61 KB

goldfish3 Feb 23, 2020 1:27am | Post# 102575

Hello. A question for non-scalpers if i may.

How do you manage buy trades given negative swaps. For example the down trends are a little easier as in one can keep positions open for over a day or a even a few days as the swap is just adding up. But im assuming the strategy on buy trades should be to not hold a trade and try to close intra-day every time?

Assuming 0820 holds in the coming week and we see some fashion of retrace to around 1.1 how would you manage these buys?. Thanks.

JerryFisher Feb 23, 2020 6:21am | Post# 102576

Hello. A question for non-scalpers if i may. How do you manage buy trades given negative swaps. For example the down trends are a little easier as in one can keep positions open for over a day or a even a few days as the swap is just adding up. But im assuming the strategy on buy trades should be to not hold a trade and try to close intra-day every time? Assuming 0820 holds in the coming week and we see some fashion of retrace to around 1.1 how would you manage these buys?. Thanks.
Try to use Fibonacci extension for nearest target. If 1.0820 holds we should get to 1.0900-1.0910 by the end of the day.

Adam.k Feb 23, 2020 6:51am | Post# 102577

Hello. A question for non-scalpers if i may. How do you manage buy trades given negative swaps. For example the down trends are a little easier as in one can keep positions open for over a day or a even a few days as the swap is just adding up. But im assuming the strategy on buy trades should be to not hold a trade and try to close intra-day every time? Assuming 0820 holds in the coming week and we see some fashion of retrace to around 1.1 how would you manage these buys?. Thanks.

A free swap account gives me a peace of mind

Dingoman-two Feb 23, 2020 8:41am | Post# 102578

{quote} A free swap account gives me a peace of mind

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies

Beyfor Feb 23, 2020 9:26am | Post# 102579

2 Attachment(s)
EURUSD :Reached the bottom OR more downside to come ???

Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd weekly 4.jpg
Size: 198 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd weekly 3.jpg
Size: 174 KB

Maroc-Ismail Feb 23, 2020 9:27am | Post# 102580

I have a swap free account, so I’m not worrying about swap. I find it easier, because 1. My religion, and 2. If you think a long term uptrend has started, I can let my longs run without worrying too much.

Edit: My advice is: if you like the swap, just open a swap free account, and use it to go long.

© Forex Factory