Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

galactico Jun 13, 2019 2:29am | Post# 88661

I really want to understand some individuals thought process before entering a trade (no I'm not perfect.) I sometimes think if i were to throw my entire chart out and knowledge but come here and see majority of trades (long/shorts) and base my trade the opposite off of those trades, that I would get a better return! How crazy. Ata throws free trades out with great evidence! Others do as well. I still see an immediate post after that goes completely against. I just want understand better.
I suppose everybody is allowed an opinion and we all have the right to throw away our own money. The difference between Ata, Wave & some others (most of whom seem to have gone somewhere else) is that they are consistent with their analysis, execution and method. They're not always right but they know what to do to be successful - others just take a top or slowing of momentum on M5 as a signal for a short and are surprised when it doesnt work out 70% of the time - that's when the real learning should happen - "this isn't working, what am I doing wrong? what should I change?"

Tenfold410 Jun 13, 2019 2:32am | Post# 88662

{quote} I suppose everybody is allowed an opinion and we all have the right to throw away our own money. The difference between Ata, Wave & some others (most of whom seem to have gone somewhere else) is that they are consistent with their analysis, execution and method. They're not always right but they know what to do to be successful - others just take a top or slowing of momentum on M5 as a signal for a short and are surprised when it doesnt work out 70% of the time - that's when the real learning should happen - "this isn't working, what am...
Completely agree and this is why I am asking these questions for hopefully to help others and myself.

pinguin Jun 13, 2019 2:38am | Post# 88663

still hold long position with additional long position this morning @1.12922, SL @1.1257, TP open

cheers all

bigiivan Jun 13, 2019 2:38am | Post# 88664

{quote} Right. One thing I want to know, "it may fall a little" ok. Why lock in the profit now then? If its going to fall a little to take your SL profit why not just end what you have with a better gain? Or, just not let it that SL and continue with the trade? Just asking.
Because I can't be sure. I just guess. The trade is a small size and the market isn't open yet. I want more pips of course but I expect a little fall. That's why I will keep locking more and more (if I may).

Tenfold410 Jun 13, 2019 2:44am | Post# 88665

Maybe i'm not being completely clear in some of the things i'm saying. It's possible. We have been overall bullish since May 31 am i correct? Taking that into consideration I am only really talking to those who are I guess you would say Daily/HR traders Vs overall Week/Month. I get the bearish since 2010 (actually felt it in Germany.) With this being said and everyone who is a great member putting out excellent information, why is it the opposition of the information shown doesn't bring up even more valuable information? I understand where most come from 5M,15M, 4H, scalp, ect. I learned Forex at 19 in Iraq combat zone. Poured $1000s in thought I could get rich because I was young. Point is I think we could really better ourselves here. This thread has been the best I have seen.

HoldemTrader Jun 13, 2019 2:47am | Post# 88666

13. June 2019 LIVE Market Preview (EuroDollar) by Holdemtrader https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKH...8soI3WMGw/live via @YouTube

Tenfold410 Jun 13, 2019 2:47am | Post# 88667

{quote} Because I can't be sure. I just guess. The trade is a small size and the market isn't open yet. I want more pips of course but I expect a little fall. That's why I will keep locking more and more (if I may).
I have no issues with the way you trade. I only ask to maybe learn something myself by someone who might see something I don't. Or a better working way.
I guess for me with the Long you have open I wouldnt have a tight SL because we hit a daily low in a bullish trend and there is no impacting news to blow my trade. So instead of letting banks come down and take my profits, I would let them ride. Just brainstorming.

bigiivan Jun 13, 2019 3:01am | Post# 88668

{quote} I have no issues with the way you trade. I only ask to maybe learn something myself by someone who might see something I don't. Or a better working way. I guess for me with the Long you have open I wouldnt have a tight SL because we hit a daily low in a bullish trend and there is no impacting news to blow my trade. So instead of letting banks come down and take my profits, I would let them ride. Just brainstorming.
I don't know what to say. I don't have a style of trade. I just watching a couple of things: DX chart, Stochastic, Ata's Green LWMA, some levels (S/R), how bars print, their tails and nothing else.

majorpairs Jun 13, 2019 4:21am | Post# 88669

eur usd should make a new low below 1.12818 then go up, follow gbp usd, waiting for usd x to move, i will open long at 1.1275 for london

price needs to break 1.12927 otherwise it will move up from here

bigiivan Jun 13, 2019 4:26am | Post# 88670

If the current H1 bar close bearish, I will enter short.

coolmakina Jun 13, 2019 4:44am | Post# 88671

HI,
M5/M15
Price seems to being supported by LO.
is drawing a triangle in reducing volume. preparing itself for breakup/breakdown...
watching, at this moment seems bearish to me...but that opinion can change is a single bar...
i'll keep watching...
green pips to all.

Oc6oph Jun 13, 2019 4:44am | Post# 88672

Looks very bearish on H4 to me. Maybe a big red candle day

Traderview Jun 13, 2019 4:49am | Post# 88673

I think the market will move at least to 1.1308 before go down. In my view it will pullback up to 1.1320 - 1.1323 or maybe below these levels before it go down below the 1.1287- 1.1256. It is still look short. I would keep a pending short on above levels and keep bit wide SL and TP.

knkie Jun 13, 2019 4:50am | Post# 88674

hey everyone
im back to this pair for a bit.

Im buying 1.1297
7 pip SL
target 17 pips

Wavegarrick Jun 13, 2019 4:57am | Post# 88675

1 Attachment(s)
if price break pivot weekly, i'll start building long at S38 {image}
Hi Guys, I have to agree with General Lee on this one, nice trades by the way.

Unfortunately price does not go up forever. At this point with price stalling at my monthly res 2 at 1.13378 on two occasions and getting a close above 1.1350 is proving a bridge too far.

We've had a daily close below 1.1300 and at this stage 4hr candle closes above 1.1300 are not being achieved. The ascending trend line needs to go and perhaps my sell entries are a bit early, however my entries look valid on my indicator. I do believe that price is bullish overall but needs a decent retrace to get o/bought conditions out of the way and from past experiences with pivots, my weekly support 1 at 1.12038 ish could be a reasonable target also General Lee's S38. To the downside I will also be monitoring 1.12500 for a possible rejection.
These trades are not cast in stone so please Guys use your own discretion.
Take care.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_119.png
Size: 94 KB

bigiivan Jun 13, 2019 4:58am | Post# 88676

0,10 lots SELL at 1,1293.
SL at 1,1318.
TP- no.

knkie Jun 13, 2019 5:02am | Post# 88677

hey everyone im back to this pair for a bit. Im buying 1.1297 7 pip SL target 17 pips
oops
either too early or completely wrong lol

bigiivan Jun 13, 2019 5:06am | Post# 88678

{quote} oops either too early or completely wrong lol -5
It is all right, mate! This is just first trade, You just came back.

MzansiObi Jun 13, 2019 5:07am | Post# 88679

{quote} 0,10 lots SELL at 1,1293. SL at 1,1318. TP- no.
Looking at 1.1260 as low Target. Closed my shorts a little early. Will wait for pullback on M15 or just wait for price to get there and look for a buy signal around there(1.1260/40)....... Good entry bud

knkie Jun 13, 2019 5:11am | Post# 88680

{quote} It is all right, mate! This is just first trade, You just came back.
hey Ivan ..yeah it was too forced on my part.

to me Day & week chart look bullish.
But H4 is going bearish.
I thought that price would turn back to the higher frame direction but perhaps H4 is signaling a reversal back to the bearish side.

Price could also swing alot imo.

© Forex Factory