Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 2:03pm | Post# 8081

1 Attachment(s)
Reckon by the end of the day it will be about where it started the day,,, have a great weekend all . cheers Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur.jpg
Size: 220 KB

JerryFisher Jan 5, 2018 2:27pm | Post# 8082

{quote} Its your money man but the big boys got their money on the shts from the days high ,it will more than likely keep dribbling up ,,,, the only volume will be the spike that gets the day trader stops above 2050,. welcome to Friday trading ,save some ammo for a good setup
Thx, mate
You are absolutely right, it was extremely hard to predict something today, and I hate NFP Friday’s, but those 1.2083 NFP spike looks like first step for some bearish movement incoming next week...
I keep my eyes opened for any reversals ofc

Naseri13 Jan 5, 2018 2:35pm | Post# 8083

stuck in the weekly range, ...boring USD/CAD looks sweet!
How did i missed this sweet trade, you got this one?

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 2:38pm | Post# 8084

{quote} Thx, mate You are absolutely right, it was extremely hard to predict something today, and I hate NFP Friday’s, but those 1.2083 NFP spike looks like first step for some bearish movement incoming next week... I keep my eyes opened for any reversals ofc
Ah no worries man ,Its Late Friday ,,,rest up ,,take a day away from the the mkt ,,,,,, then tear it up next week lol

4experience Jan 5, 2018 2:45pm | Post# 8085

1 Attachment(s)
At the moment the situation is as shown on the graph.
Yellow triangles are showing biggest High and Low of the mouvement with change of direction.
Previously I have sold because we were at a lower high but I have been stopped as the lower high has been exceeded.
So now we are going up.
I hope it can help.
Nice evening
Click to Enlarge

Name: end 0501.jpg
Size: 179 KB

Tintman7 Jan 5, 2018 2:46pm | Post# 8086

Looking thru all this data i would believe that it is going to go down as well. But i dont want to pull a rookie move here...I am short right now but i am negative as of now, should i close this trade before the weekend?

4experience Jan 5, 2018 3:00pm | Post# 8087

Looking thru all this data i would believe that it is going to go down as well. But i dont want to pull a rookie move here...I am short right now but i am negative as of now, should i close this trade before the weekend?
At the moment the bearish movement is finished as you can see on my graph above.
Clearly i would advice to close the bearish position.
Statiscally you have more chance to be more in the red monday but it is only my position and I might be right or wrong.
You have to make your choice and commit it.
Kindly

Naseri13 Jan 5, 2018 3:03pm | Post# 8088

I believe that if you like to be green in your forex trade life and have a good weekend, we should be closed all our trades in fridays. So, if you have a position that is in green area , and this is low risk in your equity , you can keep it open, sometimes your analaysis after fridays and at the begining of the market start may come fulse to you! So many many times i close the trades at fridays in red negatives area! Even -20pips! Or i will keep it open if be low risk and low lot! I lost thusunds money in forex since 2006 to now, then! I dont like to be call margin with fighting the trend! In my country the USD i big money in our currency ! So a little box in week is good enough to have a good life!

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 3:03pm | Post# 8089

Thats always a tough decision ,,,, down a little or up a little I usually close out ,up a bunch I do hold occasionally,, most of the time its fine ,,,,,but that one time it aint it could hurt a little ,,,,, besides look at all the fun you would miss getting in again ......

Tintman7 Jan 5, 2018 3:27pm | Post# 8090

{quote} I believe that if you like to be green in your forex trade life and have a good weekend, we should be closed all our trades in fridays. So, if you have a position that is in green area , and this is low risk in your equity , you can keep it open, sometimes your analaysis after fridays and at the begining of the market start may come fulse to you! So many many times i close the trades at fridays in red negatives area! Even -20pips! Or i will keep it open if be low risk and low lot! I lost thusunds money in forex since 2006 to now, then! I...
Ok understood. Thats good i plan on doing the same as well. Low risk right now

Tintman7 Jan 5, 2018 3:29pm | Post# 8091

{quote}Thats always a tough decision ,,,, down a little or up a little I usually close out ,up a bunch I do hold occasionally,, most of the time its fine ,,,,,but that one time it aint it could hurt a little ,,,,, besides look at all the fun you would miss getting in again ......
Thx, yea going back and forth doesnt help either, but i think i may take a chance to leave the trade open over the weekend. Not alot of risk on it. But my stop lost will still trigger over the weekend right?? Just thought of that

Ata-Turkoglu Jan 5, 2018 4:51pm | Post# 8092

{quote} Thx, yea going back and forth doesnt help either, but i think i may take a chance to leave the trade open over the weekend. Not alot of risk on it. But my stop lost will still trigger over the weekend right?? Just thought of that
Let's say you kept a sell trade open for weekend.

Your SL will be ignored if price opens way higher than your actual SL and your broker will close your trade from market opening price. Dangerous if market opens with big gap and you have not enough money based on your lot size. But if you calculated in that the market could open with a 50 to 100 pips gap and picked a lot size according to that or you know you have enough equity to survive a 100 pips gap then no problem. Otherwise your equity goes to 0 or even minus and depending on your broker policy you might even owe your broker serious amount of money.

But let's face it.. if your lot size is small.. and you already accept worst case scenario if market opening 50 to 100 pips against you beyond your SL then nothing to fear.

But for take profit level brokers will not assume the market opening price in case it opens much higher than your TP level they will not pay you the bonus gains and assume only your TP was hit. That's really annoying but that's how these robbers built the system.

So be aware if this and always decide based on your current trade situation. My half cents.

Stay Green

denisius Jan 5, 2018 4:54pm | Post# 8093

Good day / night to you you my fellow traders. New Year started very interesting. I hope it's also started good for you guys. 3.5% for this week. Fewer and fewer trades I take per week but they all well calculated.
Here is my thoughts for a new year: not sure what to do with Euro itself yet but Dollar is definitely on my radar 24/7. If I understood Tax Deal right, it will bring a lot of money to government in short term which means we are going to see some inflation number changes this year for sure. A lot of new names in Fed and Government this year so a lot of surprises expected as well. Not really sure if we are going to see 1.30-40 on EU this year but who knows. And I don't really trying to predict that far anymore. Trading one week at the time. Following charts and fundamentals. Last week I was expecting small pull back around 20 but miscalculated for almost 60 pips. I guess it all happened on thin market and weak dollar data. Hopefully the winter vacation time is over and we will see full capacity next week.

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 4:58pm | Post# 8094

{quote} Thx, yea going back and forth doesnt help either, but i think i may take a chance to leave the trade open over the weekend. Not alot of risk on it. But my stop lost will still trigger over the weekend right?? Just thought of that
AS Ata said , your stop can be gapped thru. Triggers on where price is on the 1st tic of the mkt basically when broker opens .. Sorry just seen this ,,,,,,, thanks ata

Neil0163 Jan 5, 2018 4:58pm | Post# 8095

Think all my predictions have been in line when i have posted i hope i have helped some of you make money with my tips over this week.

Everything is on the charts in front of you its all price action with supply and demand thrown in.

Bearish move was ment to have finished apparently over an hour ago, around 1.204 as some said but i did say 1.200 now look bearish momentum out of no where right before the close i bid you all a fine weekend and like i say for those who have read what ive been posting i hope i made you some good green pips.

Gwen11 Jan 5, 2018 5:21pm | Post# 8096

Think all my predictions have been in line when i have posted i hope i have helped some of you make money with my tips over this week. Everything is on the charts in front of you its all price action with supply and demand thrown in. Bearish move was ment to have finished apparently over an hour ago, around 1.204 as some said but i did say 1.200 now look bearish momentum out of no where right before the close i bid you all a fine weekend and like i say for those who have read what ive been posting i hope i made you some good green pips.
There was quite some movement over the last hour indeed. I am not sure what that implies as I miss the technical abilities most of you have guys ; but I am used to thinking that Friday last hours are nothing wihtout a confirmation on Monday morning in Europe.

What is striking IMHO is that EURUSD broke 1.20 in thin trading last Friday for 2017 close and has not looked back so far; but it has not managed to break the 2017 highs either.

That bodes well for some action next week

Enjoy your week-end everybody!

Gwen11 Jan 5, 2018 5:29pm | Post# 8097

{quote} Let's say you kept a sell trade open for weekend. Your SL will be ignored if price opens way higher than your actual SL and your broker will close your trade from market opening price. Dangerous if market opens with big gap and you have not enough money based on your lot size. But if you calculated in that the market could open with a 50 to 100 pips gap and picked a lot size according to that or you know you have enough equity to survive a 100 pips gap then no problem. Otherwise your equity goes to 0 or even minus and depending on your broker...
Hello Ata,

Many thanks for this forum and the spirit you have built into it.

I am slightly surprised by your statement on the TP : it has already happened to me to be "luckily gapped above TP" on NZ open, and my broker paid me the opening price (of course with a larger spread than usual, but still reasonable), not the TP.

I guess I have a good broker then!

Neil0163 Jan 5, 2018 5:38pm | Post# 8098

{quote} There was quite some movement over the last hour indeed. I am not sure what that implies as I miss the technical abilities most of you have guys ; but I am used to thinking that Friday last hours are nothing wihtout a confirmation on Monday morning in Europe. What is striking IMHO is that EURUSD broke 1.20 in thin trading last Friday for 2017 close and has not looked back so far; but it has not managed to break the 2017 highs either. That bodes well for some action next week Enjoy your week-end everybody!
Obviously no one can predict the markets,
However looking at price action just before the close it shown strength which bring me to my price action principle 6 (there is 6 but im sure ive said this is principle 2 before however principle is principle lol)

PA principle 6

"If strength is shown on approach to a S/R level, (in this case i have 1.202 marked with 1.200 being my swing low leading to highest high) we expect a breakout, we watch the breakout for clues as to future direction."

As you can see strength was shown to what i class as minor support at 1.202 which is why i was expecting this level to brake down to 1.200 where i would then look at price action as to tell me where to go.

A break of my swing low were bearish id look for acceptence of price via a break out followed by a test of support becoming resistance via weak bullish movment at that point id short

If price broke my swing low but shown weakness on the breakout low id wait for my resistance to become support again via a test of price once it pulled back in and shown signs of weakness to the bears coming into the support, there i would long especially because price could not break the swing low leading to the highest swing high id be bullish (as i still am now)

Hopefully that makes sense to some new traders amongst us.

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 9:20pm | Post# 8099

1 Attachment(s)
Not out of the ordinary for both ends of a news spike to be tested ,,,,,,,not advocating either way . The eur did end on some what of a weak note but still above last quarters high . For those who are addicted to trading I will give you all something to do some back checking on . On the big news releases such as employment and especially interest rate decisions from central banks there is usually a distinct pattern that develops where on the release if you like playing chess and entering before the release it may help your odds , I have a friend who says its probably the robber banks and their way to fleece the ole retail trader ,he is probably right lol,,,,,,,,, and why most older traders who were successful at it will tell you,,,, ah big deal have a fresh cup of coffee and watch the sheet show and wait till the dust settles then have a look ,,,,,lol couple charts with a,,,, 5 sec chart,,,, tucked in the middle . You see that pattern start developing before a news release what happened today is always gonna happen regardless of what the news actually was . The nfp dont move the mkt like it use too back in the wild west days of forex . I will say its easier if you have both sides of the equation, the eur/usd along with the usd/eur and you want to be in your top chess playing condition lol,,,,and obviously you can see what happens if you wait and go on the news by time you hit the little button for the refresh to see what news was its over,,,, even a fancy squawking news service by time ya get it well,,,, most learn the drill 1st hand ,,,,,,,red for usd buy buy buy,,, right,,,, wrong ,,,,ah robber banks they will fill you at a top or bottom after a release and the wrong way ,,,,,,,,, price action will point out some good clues before the release a good part of the time ,,,, have a great weekend all . Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur.jpg
Size: 478 KB

digger1 Jan 5, 2018 9:35pm | Post# 8100

1 Attachment(s)
I think the banks where just making sure Ata had closed all his shorts from up there . Click to Enlarge

Name: 6.jpg
Size: 273 KB

© Forex Factory