Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

digger1 Nov 20, 2018 6:31am | Post# 61481

{quote} sup diggs... how are you man. good stuff as usual. i dont comment much but i do stay logged in and peak in from time to time. too many opinions mess up my train of thought, lol. hope all is well my friend.
I hear ya ,, weather sux , kinda been a drag but other than that all good bud ,, hope things are for you too man .

Techanalyst Nov 20, 2018 6:36am | Post# 61482

Good morning traders.

moneymagnet Nov 20, 2018 6:38am | Post# 61483

{quote} I hear ya ,, weather sux , kinda been a drag but other than that all good bud ,, hope things are for you too man .
sorry to hear that man... I am good , thanks for asking..

gettoefl Nov 20, 2018 6:39am | Post# 61484

#gann nice vid from Gregor matches Bill's outlook

Inserted Video

directxxx Nov 20, 2018 6:41am | Post# 61485

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking at a little bit more upside (Monday into Tuesday AM) then a pullback for most of the week so will have a short bias for much of the week. The horizontal lines are the 'action' areas where I look for the magic to happen and start to look for either signs of continuation or signs of reversal. 1hr chart. I don't usually post charts but this is my Sunday outline. Longer term targets are much higher but I feel a correction is in order for the short term. Could be quite a deep correction. {image}
Like I said early on Sunday morning... I may short this market at 1.1450
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 15 KB

Techanalyst Nov 20, 2018 6:50am | Post# 61486

1 Attachment(s)
I buy here.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1.png
Size: 106 KB

bigiivan Nov 20, 2018 6:56am | Post# 61487

Testing waters again with half lot size than my usual! New Pending Order, Sell Limit: 1.1446 Lot Size: x/2 SL: 15 pips TP: Open Stay Green
I have noticed that You entering with half size lately. Are You trying some kind of new system or just don't like the market these days?

Moty Nov 20, 2018 7:00am | Post# 61488

1 Attachment(s)
Beerish flag is forming at 5m
Click to Enlarge

Name: New Doc 2018-11-20 13.59.14_1.jpg
Size: 111 KB

billy6 Nov 20, 2018 7:07am | Post# 61489

10 mins to the hour the market becomes slightly more lively than usual.
Good Afternoon all

Ata-Turkoglu Nov 20, 2018 7:09am | Post# 61490

{quote} I have noticed that You entering with half size lately. Are You trying some kind of new system or just don't like the market these days?
No nothing new. It just feels like a "better practice" for every trade we are executing. I can't say "best practice" here because I might find even better ways later. But for now, the idea is: "7 or 8 out of 10 trades always have some drawdown before it turns back into profit. My drawdowns are 8 to 10 pips on average. So, I decided to always open a x/2 size trade first and then add the other half once I see 8 to 10 pips drawdown. That way I save myself from classic, initially set losses and it also gives me slightly better chances to run away easier with breakeven or small losses in case things go wrong. But if it ends up a direct winner then I can add the other half with the next RED or BLUE Dashed TL touch anyway. Overall it is better and smarter to do so. My half cents. I hope it clarifies.

Stay Green

danc Nov 20, 2018 7:09am | Post# 61491

Looks like a sell to me on the 4 hr patten.. i have taken short positions based on fibo cluster at hi and reversal candle and macd and Tdi.. but who knows

bokie Nov 20, 2018 7:14am | Post# 61492

Looks like a sell to me on the 4 hr patten.. i have taken short positions based on fibo cluster at hi and reversal candle and macd and Tdi.. but who knows
Next stop 1.1400

gatenio Nov 20, 2018 7:22am | Post# 61493

{quote} Next stop 1.1400

new york will bring the fire..

i think we will see yesterday low

MzansiObi Nov 20, 2018 7:22am | Post# 61494

{quote} No nothing new. It just feels like a "better practice" for every trade we are executing. I can't say "best practice" here because I might find even better ways later. But for now, the idea is: "7 or 8 out of 10 trades always have some drawdown before it turns back into profit. My drawdowns are 8 to 10 pips on average. So, I decided to always open a x/2 size trade first and then add the other half once I see 8 to 10 pips drawdown. That way I save myself from classic, initially set losses and it also gives me slightly better chances to run...
Basically just managing your risk and money better.
while reducing exposure to massive drawdown on the long run.

So this way youre still able to enter more positions while youre in your buy/sell zones...

Techanalyst Nov 20, 2018 7:23am | Post# 61495

Closed my long for now. Very small loss no big deal. Now waiting until NY opens at 8am

Mitiblotch Nov 20, 2018 7:24am | Post# 61496

{quote} No nothing new. It just feels like a "better practice" for every trade we are executing. I can't say "best practice" here because I might find even better ways later. But for now, the idea is: "7 or 8 out of 10 trades always have some drawdown before it turns back into profit. My drawdowns are 8 to 10 pips on average. So, I decided to always open a x/2 size trade first and then add the other half once I see 8 to 10 pips drawdown. That way I save myself from classic, initially set losses and it also gives me slightly better chances to run...
I noticed same drawdown of about 10 pips or a bit more in some of my trades and I've been trading half size just like you and enter the second half at the other best price and the rewards have been excellent. I don't do it as though I'm adding to a losing trade, no. But it helps me buy/sell so close to support/resistance and then buy/sell the support or resistance itself/false breaks. In all of it I have my stops predetermined.

Thanks for your ideas again and again.

bigiivan Nov 20, 2018 7:24am | Post# 61497

The important is that You are on profit at the end.
I am wondering if You didn't enter too early. Is there a way, when You see an opportunity, to wait for a drawdown to happen then open a trade.

engweijie Nov 20, 2018 7:39am | Post# 61498

Ranging now. Will wait for NY but idea is to sell as close to 1.1450 or buy as close to 1.1415.
Pulled the trigger and bought 1.14183, half the usual size though because well, it's still a strong down trend.

H1 close below 1.1415 and I'll bail on this trade. Rough idea is to ride the NY reversal to 1.1450, then continue shorts. Of course, as per always, circumstances depending.

Mitiblotch Nov 20, 2018 7:42am | Post# 61499

Hahaha... looks like we just realised that this is still a strong downtrend. In my country we'd say, "the bears showed bulls pepper today!"

More green pips to you.

Not-KPMG Nov 20, 2018 7:44am | Post# 61500

{quote} Pulled the trigger and bought 1.14183, half the usual size though because well, it's still a strong down trend. H1 close below 1.1415 and I'll bail on this trade. Rough idea is to ride the NY reversal to 1.1450, then continue shorts. Of course, as per always, circumstances depending.
1415 is nice trendline.... 1400 nice stop losses. Of course it'll dip below 1.1415. And then buy....somewhere. 1380 seems OK.Being overstretched, it may take a day to turn up.Trade safe

© Forex Factory