Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

sugiatno Aug 21, 2018 5:21pm | Post# 36101

ok guys i think i know the answer here but what should i do. i have a 0.12 SELL limit at 1.15000. my trade is negative $100 at the moment and my account was only at $413 before this move so basically im 25% down.. should i just eat the loss or hope within the next day or so it falls back down. looking pretty bullish right now. im aware that i used way to much leverage for my account size
Wow,is your trading is very risky? You have to big lot.if you trade with 400 balance, 0,05 lots with sl 30 pips will cost your accaount 5%.if you keep trading like that,i belive your account will hit mc soon

RCtrader Aug 21, 2018 5:23pm | Post# 36102

Hello guys! Please have a look at the newest chart and plan I have created: It Is Magical, 1.1720

Hioszoe Aug 21, 2018 5:27pm | Post# 36103

{quote} Lately, if you have noticed, I was truly busy.. Next weekend I will check last 100 pages to detect all trolls and toxic personalities on this thread.. Lots of heads will be chopped.. Make sure you have not offended anyone as well.. Stay Green
Well handled Ata, good way to go about it. Now, could we all go back to the reason we all met in this educative forum; the market has been neutral at least for more than half an hour now, where is it heading, a long sell or a long buy?

bill1985 Aug 21, 2018 5:45pm | Post# 36104

I'd just like to know how ppl found an entry long today and where,

Ata-Turkoglu Aug 21, 2018 5:54pm | Post# 36105

{quote} Well handled Ata, good way to go about it. Now, could we all go back to the reason we all met in this educative forum; the market has been neutral at least for more than half an hour now, where is it heading, a long sell or a long buy?
I mentioned earlier but here I say it one more time: Since H1 candles are above 54 LWMA (Shifted 2) the odds are once this bearish retracement completes we probably will have a new RED TL breakout soon. Until then I do nothing and prefer waiting on sidelines. Hitting the hay now until Frankfurt open.

Stay Green

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 5:55pm | Post# 36106

{quote} wow,is your trading is very risky? You have to big lot.if you trade with 400 balance, 0,05 lots with sl 30 pips will cost your accaount 5%.if you keep trading like that,i belive your account will hit mc soon

i normally dont trade like that.. Around 0.2-0.5 is what i normally do. One thing i need to get down is letting it ride when im in profit i only take $5-20 then close the trade. And my losers can sometimes run up to -$50 so you can see the give and take is a little weird there lol. But if im ever loosing in a trade i normally will get in at a way higher point to help my loss and turn it into a win or be and get out. In this situation i used all my margin and was forced to just let it run wild it was to late to close it. Or get in at a higher spot sadly.

FOR EXAMPLE IF I GET IN AT 1.15000 AT 0.02 LOTS

IF IM LOOSING THE TRADE AND ITS DOWN TO 1.14370 ILL BUY AGAIN FOR 0.05 LOTS THEN IT JUST NEEDS TO GO ABOUT 30% RETRACEMENT TO BREAKEVEN OR TAKE PROFIT

Piptaker64 Aug 21, 2018 6:04pm | Post# 36107

There ya go PT ,, those levels pointed out by them spikes are strong , may want another crack at trying to hold the weekly brkout tgt if it heads up there again ,, getting late in the day tho may not know till tomorrow, would think lower since the touch of the 4 hour 200 ,,time will tell {image}
Yessir,,,Those spikes are definitely showing some muscle. Although the 4H looks overbought, the daily like you said is definitely not bearish the least bit.

Pipfu Aug 21, 2018 6:05pm | Post# 36108

{quote} i normally dont trade like that.. Around 0.2-0.5 is what i normally do. One thing i need to get down is letting it ride when im in profit i only take $5-20 then close the trade. And my losers can sometimes run up to -$50 so you can see the give and take is a little weird there lol. But if im ever loosing in a trade i normally will get in at a way higher point to help my loss and turn it into a win or be and get out. In this situation i used all my margin and was forced to just let it run wild it was to late to close it. Or get in at a higher...
The second part, placing additional trades to average out losing positions. Yeah don't do that. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. It will work a few times....and really save your ass....until it doesn't and we go on a run like today. Pretty soon you're doubled down and overleveraged. And it can happen fast. I just got burned on that big move Friday before last. Had to bail out with a 20% loss. Another half hour, and I would have been margin called. If I had just taken the loss on the original trade, It would have been less than 1%..... Lesson learned the hard way,you can use it to learn the easy way. Either way, good luck!

Sossos Aug 21, 2018 6:12pm | Post# 36109

{quote} i normally dont trade like that.. Around 0.2-0.5 is what i normally do. One thing i need to get down is letting it ride when im in profit i only take $5-20 then close the trade. And my losers can sometimes run up to -$50 so you can see the give and take is a little weird there lol. But if im ever loosing in a trade i normally will get in at a way higher point to help my loss and turn it into a win or be and get out. In this situation i used all my margin and was forced to just let it run wild it was to late to close it. Or get in at a higher...
Back on Page 1747, post 34924 MrMalik1 posted Ata posts since he started to show traders his style of trading. There are 2 PDF's in that post that could help you get a grasp of what he is doing. Make use of all of, not only Ata hard work, but MrMalik1's!

coolmakina Aug 21, 2018 6:12pm | Post# 36110

1 Attachment(s)
I'd just like to know how ppl found an entry long today and where,
Hi Bill1985, here is my 2 cents (i'm a newbie with ATA's "system").
some entries that i found... notes on chart...
regards.
Click to Enlarge

Name: a.png
Size: 56 KB

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 6:13pm | Post# 36111

{quote} the second part, placing additional trades to average out losing positions. Yeah don't do that. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. It will work a few times....and really save your ass....until it doesn't and we go on a run like today. Pretty soon you're doubled down and overleveraged. And it can happen fast. I just got burned on that big move friday before last. Had to bail out with a 20% loss. Another half hour, and i would have been margin called. If i had just taken the loss on the original trade, it would have been less than 1%........

i agree with you 100%... Thanks for your feedback

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 6:14pm | Post# 36112

{quote} back on page 1747, post 34924 mrmalik1 posted ata post since he started to show traders his style of trading. There are 2 pdf's in that post that could help you get grasp of what he is doing. Make use of all of, not only ata hard work, but mrmalik1's!

thank you for taking the time to recommend the page it was on. I will the pdfs now and get on it. Thanks alot everyone

Pipfu Aug 21, 2018 6:26pm | Post# 36113

While we're confessing our bonehead moves.....another piece of advice comes to mind:
If you hedge a position, which is okay I guess..... don't close out the underlying trade and leave the hedge....no matter how much sense it makes at the time.... or you might end up with a losing countertrend position with no stop in the middle of a strong upmove.... just sayin' lol.

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 7:29pm | Post# 36114

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 94 KB

this is the 1 min TL JUST GOT BROKE. LETS SEE IF IT WILL PUSH TO THE DOWNSIDE

digger1 Aug 21, 2018 7:38pm | Post# 36115

1 Attachment(s)
You perfectly described exactly what plagues most traders the leverage is great but it can backfire in a big way . You work , you work ,, have a few good trades your acct is growing then wham the one that takes it all away and then some , happens often enough no headway is made , cant do the same shit and expect different results , dont matter the time frame any rate a bit of a diagram for you ,, many sold the 1433 , doing the same sheet back up adding adding and just after,,, hello , margin calling,,,, the mkt will turn ,,, not perfect levels to show but one will get the jest ,, see a lot of my early trading days in there lol. Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur to post.jpg
Size: 552 KB

Phil_GMT Aug 21, 2018 7:43pm | Post# 36116

1.1600-20 first then
SL 1.1645

1.1450 by Friday 31st Aug (month close)

okshop Aug 21, 2018 7:49pm | Post# 36117

2 Attachment(s)
EU H1 & Daily Chart
H1 uptrend current at 94 hours
Daily downtrend at 99 days
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU H1.PNG
Size: 45 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: DAILY EU.PNG
Size: 50 KB

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 8:07pm | Post# 36118

{quote} You perfectly described exactly what plagues most traders the leverage is great but it can backfire in a big way . You work , you work ,, have a few good trades your acct is growing then wham the one that takes it all away and then some , happens often enough no headway is made , cant do the same shit and expect different results , dont matter the time frame any rate a bit of a diagram for you ,, many sold the 1433 , doing the same sheet back up adding adding and just after,,, hello , margin calling,,,, the mkt will turn ,,, not perfect...

In your opinion. I explained my position earlier i got in a sell position at 1.15 at 0.12 per lot... My account balance was $414 before the move now the trade is currently -$114... Should i close it now and just take the loss or let it go and hope for the best

Sossos Aug 21, 2018 8:11pm | Post# 36119

{quote} You perfectly described exactly what plagues most traders the leverage is great but it can backfire in a big way . You work , you work ,, have a few good trades your acct is growing then wham the one that takes it all away and then some , happens often enough no headway is made , cant do the same shit and expect different results , dont matter the time frame any rate a bit of a diagram for you ,, many sold the 1433 , doing the same sheet back up adding adding and just after,,, hello , margin calling,,,, the mkt will turn ,,, not perfect...
The old saying I always heard was "Hope isn't a strategy".

One of the keys to trading well is knowing where you're wrong. I was taught to find my stop before my entry. Study it.

digger1 Aug 21, 2018 8:20pm | Post# 36120

1 Attachment(s)
As you get more experience , you will pick up on ranges , you will sell tops and buy bottoms till one or the other gives out , you will take your profits and move on to the next trade ,yep there will be misfires and stp outs but not at the expense of your acct you will recognize, a break out a break down a broken trend line then take the appropriate action ,,,, and take more of what the mkt gives . The far out predictions are fun ,, the 1.40s or the gap fill way down below , it all may happen someday but there will be plenty of entries before they do . Not easy , most days or weeks a chess match but it is doable . Rest assured the mkt will give you the ole nutshot every now and then to keep you in tune but they dont have to be acct busters or take away days and days of works . Some of the simplest things will work the best , trendlines a few price patterns etc etc . Its only as complicated as you make it,, real easy to see after the fact ,make it as easy to see when its happening A level held before it will hold again , if it dont wait for it to be tested then give it a go so much stuff but a lot can be attributed just a common sense . As Ive said before ,no magic ,no mystic just levels being bought and sold who cares the reason .Click to Enlarge

Name: 6 eur.jpg
Size: 402 KB

© Forex Factory