Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD Only (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=699860)

Piptaker64 Aug 21, 2018 1:54pm | Post# 36021

{quote} Lol, most trading text books cheery pick a lot of sheet ,, real world everything dont lay so pretty . The mkt has been going up since it found support at the Quarterly S1 level ,, a rather significant level ,,, it dropped from a consolidation zone and broken trendline on daily chart , since quarterly S 1 it has just been claiming levels lost back ,, flag patterns and weekly levels work decent for price projections etc ,,,,,, the levels used for the most point are weekly pivots daily pivots for the intraday chess match , always working on...

ha! done went a pissed ol Dig off..lol..

Rennaissance Aug 21, 2018 1:54pm | Post# 36022

This is just panic selling. Holding my longs .

ForeignTrade Aug 21, 2018 1:55pm | Post# 36023

{quote} i will try this method thank you.
It's not about the method.
It's about not cutting your losses when you're wrong

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 1:55pm | Post# 36024

the thing i dont like about stops is this. the market is unpredictable.. it can run exactly to my stop then switch the other way and i just have to accept the loss. its just like i sold in a losing position which is never good. at the same time letting your trade run you down 30% is also stupid. hopefully a big sell off will start at 1.16 and work its way back down

digger1 Aug 21, 2018 1:55pm | Post# 36025

{quote} ha! done went a pissed ol Dig off..lol..
Nah , hard to do , I have emplyees lol,, just stating facts man thats it, question that you had several hours ago ,, has it been answered yet ?

tommygo Aug 21, 2018 1:56pm | Post# 36026

I always felt best trading strategy was mixture of technical analysis, fundamental analysis, price action and common sense.

I have been out for week and I am blown away by the market reactions and commentary. Experts were bearish at 1.13 are now bullish at 1.16. Crazy. The market was oversold now its overbought

Imo this is a sell zone. Not sure how much of pullback but sell 1.1590 to 1.1620. Prob cover somewhere in mid 1.14s

Floryn Aug 21, 2018 1:56pm | Post# 36027

Locked 12 pips, who knows what could happen?
Closed half position and the for the other half I was stopped out 1.15684 level, +25 pips (really tight SL)... then boom, price spiked up 30 pips more

belon Aug 21, 2018 1:57pm | Post# 36028

1 Attachment(s)
... https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post11390761
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH4 wt II.png
Size: 69 KB

Piptaker64 Aug 21, 2018 2:00pm | Post# 36029

the thing i dont like about stops is this. the market is unpredictable.. it can run exactly to my stop then switch the other way and i just have to accept the loss. its just like i sold in a losing position which is never good. at the same time letting your trade run you down 30% is also stupid. hopefully a big sell off will start at 1.16 and work its way back down
"the market is unpredictable". You said it...thats why..plus its responsible trading..

mades Aug 21, 2018 2:00pm | Post# 36030

{quote} Only sell on M3 10 EMA crossing 5 EMA Down. This is worth a lot of money to you. Trade it. An absolutely proven rule.

lol. Markets love naive traders still using ema crosses.

Coreg2004 Aug 21, 2018 2:01pm | Post# 36031

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am far from knowledgeable about EW's. I was seriously just asking for my own knowledge. Thank you for responding!!
MM, are you sure you don't sleep with Prechter's book under the pillow?
Click to Enlarge

Name: euro8-214H.PNG
Size: 94 KB

Slt93 Aug 21, 2018 2:01pm | Post# 36032

{quote} i will try this method thank you.
It is the most amazing rule. When the market is slow moving, for example, at the top/bottom after London have stopped trading, then move to M4 10 EMA crossing 50 EMA.

Always have 10 EMA crossing 50 EMA on all your charts - and study them, very, very well. It is an amazing rule, starting with the M3 10 x 50 during day trading the EuroDollar.

Worth a lot of money.

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 2:03pm | Post# 36033

{quote} lol. Markets love naive traders still using ema crosses.

so whats your strategy ?

ForeignTrade Aug 21, 2018 2:06pm | Post# 36034

I know, I have been there many times.
But look where you are now, thats even worse.
If that happens, your stop is too tight.
And we all have sometimes that the SL is hit and the market turns. It's part of the game.

And hoping.... that doesn't work in trading.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting a big sell off from 1.16

Best chance you have tomorrow after the FOMC minutes

Slt93 Aug 21, 2018 2:07pm | Post# 36035

{quote} lol. Markets love naive traders still using ema crosses.
You are the naive idiot here. Congratulations.

This is a public forum, so I have the right to insult you, as I have been insulted on here today.

These are the accepted rules of social media, my friend: I insult you in public and you insult me in public. This is the norm. Congratulations: we are on a public forum insulting each other in public. That is the absolute minimum required for acceptance over here. So, congratulations. We are in. We have insulted each other in public. We are accepted as part of the gang. Congratulations.

NovaFX Aug 21, 2018 2:09pm | Post# 36036

{quote} You are the naive idiot here. Congratulations. ...
Dude please stop

Piptaker64 Aug 21, 2018 2:09pm | Post# 36037

{quote} Nah , hard to do , I have emplyees lol,, just stating facts man thats it, question that you had several hours ago ,, has it been answered yet ?
shit i dont know..lol..been at this computer all day and night..been a good day tho so i aint complaining..thanks in part to you kind sir..

Jrotc1sg Aug 21, 2018 2:09pm | Post# 36038

{quote} I know, I have been there many times. But look where you are now, thats even worse. If that happens, your stop is too tight. And we all have sometimes that the SL is hit and the market turns. It's part of the game. And hoping.... that doesn't work in trading. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting a big sell off from 1.16 Best chance you have tomorrow after the FOMC minutes

i was thinking the same thing hopefully the news over the next couple of days will bring it down

mades Aug 21, 2018 2:10pm | Post# 36039

{quote} so whats your strategy ?
Why should I share?

Any ema cross is supereasy to backtest, there are tons of ema cross EAs. We are resuming trend and every trend-following strategy works during trend (who the heck thought this would go down to 1.05 after 2 years spent there), but once this baby comes to range trading and you can bet it will, it will easily eat all the ema-cross profits.

1.30 eoy still possible.

ForeignTrade Aug 21, 2018 2:11pm | Post# 36040

Im guessing we are heading for 1645 next
Maybe the magic 1.1666

© Forex Factory