Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Jurik indicators (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=696822)

mrtools Sep 3, 2017 6:07pm | Post# 1

Jurik indicators

3 Attachment(s)
Want to dedicate this thread to jurik type tools, indicators ,Ea's etc.

Would like to start with a non repaint version of the jurik moving average done by Mladen. I added mtf and the filters, and options to use 30+ price combinations.
Jurik filter.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: jurik ma 35 filter 3 all.png
Size: 32 KB
why_jma.pdf

mrtools Sep 3, 2017 6:30pm | Post# 2

4 Attachment(s)
Quoting from Jurik's site:::

The jma/dwma and jma/dwma oscillator

Of all the different combinations of moving average filters to use for a MACD oscillator, we prefer using the JMA - DWMA combination.
JMA is ideal for the fast moving average line because it is quick to respond to reversals, is smooth and can be set to have no overshoot. DWMA (double weighted moving average) is ideal for the slower line as is tends to delay reversing direction until JMA crosses it.
Note where JMA (yellow) crosses DWMA (cyan). The full-color oscillator underneath measure the difference between JMA and DWMA.
Click to Enlarge

Name: TS8_jma_dwma.gif
Size: 20 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: dpwma jma.png
Size: 42 KB
dpwma & jma.mq4
dpwma & jma oscillator.mq4

mrtools Sep 4, 2017 6:15am | Post# 3

2 Attachment(s)
This is keltner channel made using jurik moving average.
Click to Enlarge

Name: jkc.png
Size: 58 KB
jurik keltner channel.mq4

goodways100 Sep 4, 2017 6:49am | Post# 4

Does jurik filter repaint

Sixer Sep 4, 2017 7:17am | Post# 5

More information from Jurik Research:

http://www.jurikres.com/faq1/reports.htm#top

Sixer

mrtools Sep 4, 2017 7:55am | Post# 6

Does jurik filter repaint
No repainting.

mrtools Sep 4, 2017 10:06am | Post# 7

2 Attachment(s)
This is a double jurik smoothed stochastic.Coloring is done on slope change.
Click to Enlarge

Name: djss.png
Size: 55 KB
Double jurik smoothed stochastic.mq4

kaiser soze Sep 4, 2017 1:09pm | Post# 8

Some of the indicators don't load unto my chart, anyone else have this problem?

mrtools Sep 4, 2017 1:29pm | Post# 9

Woulds guess it's a mt4 build 1090 issue check here : build 1090

GPips Sep 4, 2017 1:33pm | Post# 10

Follow mladen's instructions here it may help.

I had an indi that would not appear on my charts & I did as the instructions said & it now appears & worked.

https://www.forex-station.com/viewto...8462&t=8472297

MidnightRun Sep 4, 2017 4:52pm | Post# 11

Quoting from Jurik's site::: The jma/dwma and jma/dwma oscillator Of all the different combinations of moving average filters to use for a MACD oscillator, we prefer using the JMA - DWMA combination. JMA is ideal for the fast moving average line because it is quick to respond to reversals, is smooth and can be set to have no overshoot. DWMA (double weighted moving average) is ideal for the slower line as is tends to delay reversing direction until JMA crosses it. Note where JMA (yellow) crosses DWMA (cyan). The full-color oscillator underneath measure...
Could someone recommend values for Jurik MAs (maybe for different timeframes) that you have been using profitably (i.e. 20 period, "typical" for 5 min chart, etc.)
Thank you.

ionone Sep 5, 2017 6:54am | Post# 12

channels & MAs : useless junk

cuchuflito Sep 5, 2017 7:18am | Post# 13

{quote} Could someone recommend values for Jurik MAs (maybe for different timeframes) that you have been using profitably (i.e. 20 period, "typical" for 5 min chart, etc.) Thank you.

Good luck to your valid question, thatīcalled homework and backtesting"...much better if you do it yourself, till you "own it".
Jurikīs stuff tends to be far superior than good old rsi, macd, stochastic...

ionone Sep 5, 2017 9:23am | Post# 14

{quote} Good luck to your valid question, thatīcalled homework and backtesting"...much better if you do it yourself, till you "own it". Jurikīs stuff tends to be far superior than good old rsi, macd, stochastic...
be careful to curve fitting though, if you try to find a value that works fine on a set of datas, it will certainly not work with other datas. Best to stick to the default values instead of trying to find the optimal value (believe me i've tried)

mrtools Sep 5, 2017 6:32pm | Post# 15

2 Attachment(s)
This is the blau ergodic oscillator using jurik instead of a regular moving average.
Click to Enlarge

Name: blau eco jurik.png
Size: 60 KB
Blau - jurik eco.mq4

mrtools Sep 5, 2017 9:11pm | Post# 16

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Could someone recommend values for Jurik MAs (maybe for different timeframes) that you have been using profitably (i.e. 20 period, "typical" for 5 min chart, etc.) Thank you.
MidnightRun, maybe this will help, added a bare bones jurik ma to make a jma cross to this simple ea maybe it will help with your settings.
simple jma ross ea(with_time_filter).mq4
Jurik filter for EA.mq4

mrtools Sep 5, 2017 9:48pm | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
This is a double jurik smoothed stochastic.Coloring is done on slope change. {image} {file}
Found an error in my function call, should be fixed in this version.
Double jurik smoothed stochastic 2.mq4

mrtools Sep 5, 2017 10:27pm | Post# 18

2 Attachment(s)
One more and I'll quit spamming, this is a mtf rmi using an option for jurik smoothing(smooth length > 1)
Rmi smoothed mtf.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: rmi smooth.png
Size: 56 KB

mrtools Sep 7, 2017 9:27pm | Post# 19

2 Attachment(s)
This is a dtosc (kind of stochastic rsi) where the stoch rsi calculation is smoothed with jurik. You have a choice of 6 types of rsi, rsi types are regular rsi,slow rsi,rapid rsi,harris rsi, rsx, or cutler's rsi. For the final calculation of the storsi and it's signal you have a choice of a Simple moving average,a Exponential moving average, a Smoothed MA,Linear weighted MA,Smoothed LWMA,Double Smoothed Exponential average,Triple exponential moving average - TEMA, or a Linear regression value (lsma). For the rsi price it has a choice of 30+ prices.
dtosc smoothed fl's.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: dtosc jma.png
Size: 57 KB

mrtools Sep 9, 2017 1:00pm | Post# 20

2 Attachment(s)
This is mtf histo version of Jurik's version of adx, with a signal line.
dmx_histo.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: dmx.png
Size: 73 KB

© Forex Factory