Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The tlatomi method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=6922)

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 2:29pm | Post# 461

Could you post the the complete file for these three indicators for MT4 please. I have been to download and compile them but they do not appear in the custom indicators, only the SHI_Silver shows in the list.
Should I save the files to Indicators directory?
Thanks

My second lot of USD/JPY was closed @ 116.73 (P/L : +64 PIPS)

Howard :

Hi,

Unzip the files and put them into your experts/indicators/ directory. That should fix your problem.

Hope this helps.

Abid :

I'm going to take a look at the stoch indicator with this method - thanks.

howard Sep 6, 2006 2:43pm | Post# 462

My second lot of USD/JPY was closed @ 116.73 (P/L : +64 PIPS)

Howard :

Hi,

Unzip the files and put them into your experts/indicators/ directory. That should fix your problem.

Hope this helps.

Abid :

I'm going to take a look at the stoch indicator with this method - thanks.
Hi Judex

I do not know what the problem is, the file goes straight to Meta Editor, I can compile it without any errors, but it does not give me the option to unzip it, however it does not appear in the list of custom indicators.

Howard

tomstaufer Sep 6, 2006 2:56pm | Post# 463

hello,

is there any other indicator that works well with this method, i tried using this with stoch..and the result is much better...almost zero false signal. i've been working alot with this technique and teach some to my fellow friends who have difficulty is understanding the forex term and lingo...especially the english word...while doing that i experiment this method with alot of indicator some are custom made from other developer and some are from meta itself...

yet no other indicator can beat the stoch...what do you all think...its simple and easy to understand....
Hello Abid,
Could you post your setup details and picture ?

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 2:57pm | Post# 464

Hi Howard,

I don t know either what the problem is.

Here you can download the sniper indicator and the shi silver trend

Here the last one

Try to download them directly (save link as) and then put them directy without compling in the experts/indicators directory.

parabolic Sep 6, 2006 3:01pm | Post# 465

Hi Judex!

This method looks promising on the 4H Chart.
I have 3 questions:

1) Do you wait until the bar is finished to enter a trade?
2) Which currency pairs are you trading?
3) How do you handle news?

Many thanks
Parabolic

howard Sep 6, 2006 3:13pm | Post# 466

Hi Howard,

I don t know either what the problem is.

Here you can download the sniper indicator and the shi silver trend

Here the last one

Try to download them directly (save link as) and then put them directy without compling in the experts/indicators directory.
Thank you Judex
I have all of them now. The only difference is that the NonLag is yellow all the way as opposed to be in 3 colours.

Should we get the arrows on the chart as seen in your chart image? I do not have any arrows either

Howard

Abid Sep 6, 2006 5:40pm | Post# 467

tlatomi with stoch

Hello Abid,
Could you post your setup details and picture ?
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3636/36qt0.jpg
by adding more value such as the stoch indicator into the trading system, the green pips is almost certain...sumtime when i see the signal and execute a position, i already smilling for victory..that how sure i am about using tlatomi with stoch...hope someone may have a feedback on that...if you notice that the stoch is not a lagging indicator...so we could save time and make more pips confidently..

Abid Sep 6, 2006 5:51pm | Post# 468

helo judex,

do you think that the sniper is quite deceiving in term of giving the signal..from observation the sniper indicator is very sensitive toward the market changes and causing me alot of doubt to enter a trade...do you have a better tweak or setting for this particular indicator.

just my 0.02..

Michel Greco Sep 6, 2006 6:06pm | Post# 469

Live Trades and Stops

Hi. Are these live trade results? Also the losses are very small and impressive. Where do you determine your stops? If you put them below the last lowest or highest candle (depending on whether you are going long or short) the loss would be more significant. If you are just entering on the red or blue dot then it seems the stop could be set tighter. If you are waiting for all three indicators then it seems the stop would be have to be set deeper. Stop suggestions please?

Thank you,

Michel

Abid Sep 6, 2006 6:37pm | Post# 470

as for me, i have two way for exit...

a) look at the previous minor/major high/low

b) look at the pivot Support and resistence area as the target profit or exit..

p/s im not good with the exit strategy...lol..

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 7:30pm | Post# 471

Hi Judex!

This method looks promising on the 4H Chart.
I have 3 questions:

1) Do you wait until the bar is finished to enter a trade?
2) Which currency pairs are you trading?
3) How do you handle news?

Many thanks
Parabolic
Hi Parabolic,

1) Yes, i wait until the bar is finished to enter a trade.
2) Right now, i'm trading EUR/USD - GBP/USD - GBP/JPY - USD/JPY - USD-CHF
3) I don't trade during big news (the red ones on the calendar) - and avoid the market if i don't see a trend (to determine if there's a trend or not, i use an indicator called alligator)

Hope this helps.

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 7:33pm | Post# 472

Thank you Judex
I have all of them now. The only difference is that the NonLag is yellow all the way as opposed to be in 3 colours.

Should we get the arrows on the chart as seen in your chart image? I do not have any arrows either

Howard
Hi howard,

I don't use anymore the NonLag indicator for this method but if you still want to use it, the right parameters are available on the first pages of this thread - i replace it with the Ma cross (the arrows come from the ma cross indicator).

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 7:36pm | Post# 473

helo judex,

do you think that the sniper is quite deceiving in term of giving the signal..from observation the sniper indicator is very sensitive toward the market changes and causing me alot of doubt to enter a trade...do you have a better tweak or setting for this particular indicator.

just my 0.02..
Hi Abid,

Personaly, i'm quite happy with the sniper in 4H but that's only me.
My parameters for the sniper are :

pq : 4
pr: 8
ps: 5
trigger : 4

Hope this helps.

Ziggy43 Sep 6, 2006 7:40pm | Post# 474

Settings

Judex,

What setting do you use for the alligator?

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 7:47pm | Post# 475

Live Trades and Stops

Hi. Are these live trade results? Also the losses are very small and impressive. Where do you determine your stops? If you put them below the last lowest or highest candle (depending on whether you are going long or short) the loss would be more significant. If you are just entering on the red or blue dot then it seems the stop could be set tighter. If you are waiting for all three indicators then it seems the stop would be have to be set deeper. Stop suggestions please?

Thank you,

Michel
Hi Michel,

To answer your questions :

1) Yes - these are live trade results.

2) To determine my stops, i'm very visual. As you can see on the chart below : for this trade, i choose to put my stop just below the lowest bar at 115.56 because it was the lowest nearest bar but also because one of the vegas lines was almost at the same level.
I'm always waiting for the three signal - in general but it's not a rule : my stop will be between 40 pips and 80 pips

http://tlatomi.com/blog/images/ff/graphusdjpy50906.gif

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 7:50pm | Post# 476

Judex,

What setting do you use for the alligator?
Hi Ziggy,

My settings are :

http://www.tlatomi.com/blog/images/ff/alligator.gif

Michel Greco Sep 6, 2006 8:35pm | Post# 477

Gbp/usd

If I am understanding this right the GBP/USD is giving us a signal right now. The only thing we would be waiting for is the non lag to give us a yellow line based on the closing of the next candle. The FX sniper is just barely crossing up but because volatility is low this would be expected.

AM I understanding this right?

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 8:40pm | Post# 478

If I am understanding this right the GBP/USD is giving us a signal right now. The only thing we would be waiting for is the non lag to give us a yellow line based on the closing of the next candle. The FX sniper is just barely crossing up but because volatility is low this would be expected.

AM I understanding this right?
We have the dot, the sniper cross - now we are waiting for the cross of the two Ma.

I don't use the Nonlag anymore.

http://www.tlatomi.com/blog/images/ff/cross.gif

Michel Greco Sep 6, 2006 8:47pm | Post# 479

MA's

What MA's are you using? and are they exponential?

THanks

judex001 Sep 6, 2006 8:48pm | Post# 480

What MA's are you using? and are they exponential?

THanks
Red MA : 9 Simple - close
Orange MA : 5 Expo - close

© Forex Factory