Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (binned per thread starterís request) What have you learnt since (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=684709)

RondaRousey Jul 20, 2017 1:29am | Post# 1

(binned per thread starterís request) What have you learnt since

FerruFx Jul 20, 2017 1:37am | Post# 2

I have learnt:

- Plenty of useless threads are opened every day
- Generally these useless threads are in the wrong forum section

2+2=4ex Jul 20, 2017 1:39am | Post# 3

I have learned that many traders are smart but among the laziest people.

jereajali Jul 20, 2017 2:25am | Post# 4

i have learnt

- To stick to my style of trading and avoid being distracted. eg Some persons are not configured to basket trade so stick to single trade threads that fits your style of trade

- To keep trading my trading system, if i join a thread i seek to learn something to make my trading system better and not to completely change my trading system.

- its good to make friends here but not with everyone because in FF you find some great minds.

wendigo Jul 20, 2017 2:32am | Post# 5

that u shouldnt learn to trade from forexfactory. its all just the same thing repeated over and over and over.

RondaRousey Jul 20, 2017 2:32am | Post# 6

Also learnt that trading USDMXN is profitable

FxLapozi Jul 20, 2017 3:18am | Post# 7

I have learnt that you are a troll.

I have also learnt that twee is not doing his moderating job well.

guguxpto Jul 20, 2017 3:22am | Post# 8

I have learnt: - Plenty of useless threads are opened every day - Generally these useless threads are in the wrong forum section
so tell us a good threads y follow y like spider dan by tarantula alsow follow ferrufx becausa he have nice comentes .

FerruFx Jul 20, 2017 3:32am | Post# 9

{quote} so tell us a good threads y follow y like spider dan by tarantula
Yes Tarantula is definitely a great trader.

Threads ... there are plenty interesting and worth a read ... but the ones interesting me are not necessary the same than the ones with some interest for you. My personal great inspirational thread is the Alien's Extraterrestrial Visual Systems.

PipMeUp Jul 20, 2017 5:33am | Post# 10

I've learnt that

1. people prefer believing nonsense rather than facing reality up to the point they can't spell the verb to lose correctly.
  2. people prefer asking someone else to write a useless EA instead of thinking 2 min by themsevles to realize their idea can't fly.
  3. the more you explain people martingale and nhedging are idiotic the more threads appear using them.
  4. MT4 pseudo-backtests are crap.

Madinvestor Jul 20, 2017 5:59am | Post# 11

That for the most part, it's nothing more than a social outlet that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Nice place to chat with other people in this lone wolf business.

NeilWagner Jul 20, 2017 6:01am | Post# 12

Well, I have no interest on copy or EA trading! But FF helped me a lot to develop my trading skill on fundamental analysis! Now, I can understand the hidden meaning of news so smartly! Besides, now I feel, Iím not alone! I am an active member of this trading community.

BlackNapkins Jul 20, 2017 7:28am | Post# 13

What did I learn?
a number of briliant traders/educators been revoked ....
number of brliant traders/educators been devastated ....
number of scamers grew rapidly ...

The-Flipper Jul 20, 2017 7:29am | Post# 14

Honestly, I haven't learnt here anything useful.
It's pretty much all BS.
FF is filled with suckers.

Quickly Jul 20, 2017 7:43am | Post# 15

What have you learnt since becoming a member of FF?

Quite a lot.

1. That a lot of misinformation is presented here as information

2. That many members repeat widespread myths of trading simply because they've seen them stated (here or elsewhere) and believe they're true

3. That many members, in a triumph of hope over experience, ascribe to indicators various kinds of magic predictive powers they don't really have

4. That many members apparently imagine that identifying and copying something that simply works objectively, regardless of the skill and experience levels of its user, is a viable substitute for hundreds of hours of education followed by thousands of hours of focused screen-time

Darastonius Jul 20, 2017 8:05am | Post# 16

I've learnt that this forum is basically a miniature version of society. Or more like society is a giant version of this forum.

- Very few people want to put in the work, the majority is looking for shortcuts.
- Most people will try to take advantage of these gullible people. Loads of bullshit artists everywhere, faking results and achievements.
- Dunning-Kruger effect applies, especially if the given person had a couple of wins lately: The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

I'm sure the list could be expanded with a lot more points, I didn't have more time to think it further.

MaxenshteinD Jul 20, 2017 8:12am | Post# 17

That in order to beat guys from wall street as a retail trader, and not loose all it takes from me is to have a good psychology, a guru mentor, and a minimum of 5 indicators on the chart (it`s an advantage if you can`t see the current price because of them). Furthermore I must be a part of the price action cult, and dedicated my life to waiting for a pin bar setup to occur. Now another important thing is to jump on to live trading a.s.a.p.!
Because only gurus get to trade on demo accounts, otherwise everyone must jump on a live account straight away!
One of the most important points perhaps was that In order to find a strong support and resistance, to pick the exact top and bottom I must search for it 4000bars past in history, It`s even better if it was created before my date of birth.

MaxenshteinD Jul 20, 2017 8:17am | Post# 18

Another important things I learned from Forex Factory :
1) That if I one day will decide to sell trading systems (if I get too tired of blowing live accounts), I must do my best to humiliate anyone who asks for a simple proof of the trading system`s profitability.
2) I must join some cult, preferably the one where there is a private chat room subscription, make my best efforts to kiss the gurus ass in order to perhaps just one day get a share of his holy grail.
3) In order to be respected, you must pick a random 4 digit number. Multiply it by 100. And say that its the exact (it`s very important for the amount to be exact) amount of pips you earn weekly. Preferably daily, cause you don`t want to be given any advises from members who might know a thing or two about trading.

hilmy83 Jul 20, 2017 9:14am | Post# 19

I'm gonna learn about the REAL FF tomorrow.. Flying into Tampa and see these mofos at work...

Anyone want to have me ask them anything ? You'll find the trip results in my thread...Stay tuned

dkrock Jul 20, 2017 9:51am | Post# 20

1. I originally came here as an invitation from someone I knew from a different forum. My posts normally provide macro comments concerning trading because I see no reason to create self-imposed competition with a global audience. My biggest threat, other than news spikes, is slippage due to copycat signals.
2. I have enjoyed some of the indicator creations and suggestions. I know of at least 2 super cool tools I discovered in FF that definitely provide an edge.
3. The video I saw on Level II trading caused a paradigm shift in my trading approach. It gave me the idea to modify my equilibrium technique by adding a probability component.
4. I have met a few friends that will stay friends for life.
5. As for all the negative...no comment. Not worth infecting my mind.

© Forex Factory