Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   GBPJPY (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=681893)

cat Jul 14, 2017 9:23am | Post# 81

{quote} Actually when -ve news to USD, UJ will drop. GJ was influence by GU and UJ. Currently GJ follow UJ movement, when USD news comes out and UJ drop, GJ will drop too.
Yes thanks. Basically it's massive US dollar weakness across the board, getting smashed everywhere, so even as GJ dropped hard, GU went completely the other way. EU shot up like a rocket, but EJ dropped like a rock with GJ. Fun and games!

copi88 Jul 14, 2017 9:34am | Post# 82

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Actually when -ve news to USD, UJ will drop. GJ was influence by GU and UJ. Currently GJ follow UJ movement, when USD news comes out and UJ drop, GJ will drop too.
It depends where the volume is coming into for which direction GJ will go.

The UJ market is much larger than the GU market (about twice the size) so usually its the Yen that dictates this pair but not always.
Click to Enlarge

Name: MQvoCcA.png
Size: 213 KB

PandoraBox Jul 14, 2017 9:53am | Post# 83

{quote} It depends where the volume is coming into for which direction GJ will go. The UJ market is much larger than the GU market (about twice the size) so usually its the Yen that dictates this pair but not always. {image}

I agree with you. Which pair is strong, GJ will follow.

copi88 Jul 14, 2017 10:06am | Post# 84

{quote} I agree with you. Which pair is strong, GJ will follow.
There is also the Risk On / Off relationships with these three pairs.

USDJPY will go up in Risk On
GBPJPY will go up in Risk On
GBPUSD will go down in Risk On.

Which ever is the higher yielding pair will be positively correlated to risk sentiment so when the market is risk on, (ie they are looking to invest in higher yielding more risky assets) the currency with the higher yield in the pair will benefit.

cat Jul 14, 2017 10:11am | Post# 85

{quote} I agree with you. Which pair is strong, GJ will follow.
And then of course , beyond all the theorizing, the money will take GJ wherever the hell it wants to based on the technical set up, whatever the other pairs are doing, which in this instance has seen it bought straight back up off of the trend line whereas UJ hasn't moved. My advice would always be - trade what you see and don't worry too much about intermarket analysis.

cat Jul 14, 2017 10:18am | Post# 86

{quote} There is also the Risk On / Off relationships with these three pairs. USDJPY will go up in Risk On GBPJPY will go up in Risk On GBPUSD will go down in Risk On. Which ever is the higher yielding pair will be positively correlated to risk sentiment so when the market is risk on, (ie they are looking to invest in higher yielding more risky assets) the currency with the higher yield in the pair will benefit.
In support of this, a good friend of mine who's a trader and who's been an investment banker fro many years has this to say, and I quote -

" Yen strengthens on bad news... Yen weakens on good news.

Investors do carry trades on Yen, because credit is cheap there, so borrow in Yen and transfer to foreign currency (sell yen for other currency) to invest in stocks and bonds on foreign countries when risk-on environment, opposite when risk-off, the money comes back to JPY creating demand for it when its bad data "

But of course, in the short term, which is the time horizon that matters to us as intra-day traders, the above is only of so much help, because despite the bad US data which initially strengthened the yen, it is now falling against sterling, and falling hard, which means for me, TA rules every time.

Skygate Jul 15, 2017 11:21pm | Post# 87

1 Attachment(s)
[attach]GBPJPYmicroWeekly.png;2398797
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYmicroWeekly.png
Size: 42 KB

Mr.yen Jul 18, 2017 4:34am | Post# 88

master cat you rock man..I like your analysis of gbpjpy

PandoraBox Jul 18, 2017 7:56am | Post# 89

Pictures will tell you everything. {image}
Finally

PandoraBox Jul 18, 2017 8:00am | Post# 90

Why GJ Drop ?

1. Bearish Harami Candle at Daily TF
2. Bearish Flag Pattern

PandoraBox Jul 18, 2017 8:08am | Post# 91

May I know where is everyone? This thread I'm open to share your analysis.

If I don't see any other GJ analysis, within 4 hours, better I remove this thread. I need 10 analysis.... please upload your analysis here. Share with other.

copi88 Jul 18, 2017 8:30am | Post# 92

May I know where is everyone? This thread I'm open to share your analysis. If I don't see any other GJ analysis, within 4 hours, better I remove this thread. I need 10 analysis.... please upload your analysis here. Share with other.
There is already a GJ thread where people post - https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post10096533

Best to have just one thread for it....

Mr.yen Jul 18, 2017 6:37pm | Post# 93

1 Attachment(s)
toDay GJ will return at 146.8x or 147.2x Yesterday's highs.. after that continue the descending movement.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy.png
Size: 83 KB

FxHelp Jul 18, 2017 8:10pm | Post# 94

1 Attachment(s)
GBPJPY: ADR BEGINS 145.82 with 140 pips move in either direction.
Im short GY
Click to Enlarge

Name: gy1000.PNG
Size: 26 KB

FxHelp Jul 18, 2017 8:15pm | Post# 95

Late Entry on GY 146.09

MY TP possible 145.20ss

FxHelp Jul 18, 2017 8:30pm | Post# 96

1 Attachment(s)
Range Bars Show Beginning of price move
I use daily ADR /2 or by 4 and create a Range Bars
I buy or sell the new bar and i know where the end of the bar will be at
Click to Enlarge

Name: gyrangrbar.PNG
Size: 24 KB

M.Gold Jul 19, 2017 5:23pm | Post# 97

Buy stop entry @ 146,686
SL @ 144,961

Mr.yen Jul 20, 2017 12:52am | Post# 98

still no mevement from GJ...i'll be wait

M.Gold Jul 20, 2017 4:59am | Post# 99

It might show resistance @ 147,763 or below to build the right shoulder of H&S. If it confirms the H&S it could reverse in a "longer" bearish movement.
Take a look on D1 timeframe.

M.Gold Jul 20, 2017 5:13am | Post# 100

1 Attachment(s)
It COULD playout like this. 145,273 and 145,788 necklines are meainingful. It's D1 timeframe by the way.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Unbenannt.png
Size: 33 KB

© Forex Factory