Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   scalping template tma (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=681478)

djms Jul 6, 2017 11:59am | Post# 1

scalping template tma

3 Attachment(s)
thought i would share this one, try to avoid ranging markets.

hopefully the template speaks for itself but if anyone needs further guidance i can put some more detail in, screenshots of trades shown, works best on jpy pairs.

have fun
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_2.png
Size: 91 KB
tma scalper.rar
fxr_sr_zones_2.97.ex4

waverhythm Jul 6, 2017 12:31pm | Post# 2

Hi djms
Although I don't scalp the market, the indicator on your chart that shows the news release is interesting, where can I find it? Thank you in advance!

djms Jul 6, 2017 12:41pm | Post# 3

its all in the rar file buddy

djms Jul 6, 2017 12:43pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
my last trades on gbp/jpy, every red cross is an entry cause uptrend is identified by the macd and the moving average
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_3.png
Size: 82 KB

djms Jul 6, 2017 3:25pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
ej's trades today, 9-0 just blindly trading pullbacks to the tma channel on that uptrend, exit when price breaks/hits upper band. 92 points in total taking away spread. would be much more if i trailed so if anyone has any other ideas for exits would be good to know.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_4.png
Size: 97 KB

djms Jul 6, 2017 3:28pm | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
nzd/jpy, take the white crosses when the trend is down then red ones when trend is up, too many winners on this chart to count.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_5.png
Size: 114 KB

djms Jul 6, 2017 3:33pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
recent action on cad/jpy.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_6.png
Size: 116 KB

hibra68 Jul 6, 2017 4:05pm | Post# 8

recent action on cad/jpy..... {image}
Hi djms,

Thanks for your indicators.

I have a question ;

You said take the white crosses for shorts and red crosses for longs, does the indicator place those crosses or you just marked the trades that you had taken?
If the indicator marks them do they repaint?

tnx

maxwell-eqtn Jul 6, 2017 4:12pm | Post# 9

congratulations DJMS.

All I can say you did a great job. I trade something similar......very close. Nice thing is that there is little draw down, the profits are good. This too can be traded on any time frame.

djms Jul 6, 2017 4:20pm | Post# 10

{quote} Hi djms, Thanks for your indicators. I have a question ; You said take the white crosses for shorts and red crosses for longs, does the indicator place those crosses or you just marked the trades that you had taken? If the indicator marks them do they repaint? tnx
hello hibra and welcome, the tma bands will alert you when the band is touched then the cross forms when an opposing candle appears. the tma bands might repaint a little after time but you should take the trade when the price breaks the band then forms a candle in your trade direction, dont take engulfing candles, small ones are good because you want the best possible strike rate. hope this helps

djms Jul 6, 2017 4:25pm | Post# 11

congratulations DJMS. All I can say you did a great job. I trade something similar......very close. Nice thing is that there is little draw down, the profits are good. This too can be traded on any time frame.
haha thanks, only took me 4 years to get here but hey ho. yeh can be used on any timeframe - the higher the timeframe the larger the stop loss should be used. also you can switch to the 1 hr and in an uptrend if price is touching lower bands switch to the 1min then hit every pullback to the bands in the upward move.

you can also use the crosses to place your horizontal sr, when price breaks up for example place a line on the white cross of the last high then look for retraces back to it combined with a break of bands.

djms Jul 6, 2017 4:46pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
macd can also be used to catch divergance - this was some at a daily pivot level giving you more confidence to hit the pullbacks when it went long. dont trade divergance alone you still need to wait for price to cross the ma and macd to change before entering.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_8.png
Size: 89 KB

djms Jul 6, 2017 4:54pm | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
divergances at whole numbers can often be a sign of market turn so wait patiently for price to break through the ma then wait again for the retrace, i like this template because it forces the trader to be disciplined reduces the emotional trades that we all take. if your set up dont work, don;t sweat it wait patiently again for the next one, i monitor 6 jpy pairs so there are plenty of opportunities in the day. sit back relax and wait for your next tma alert
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_10.png
Size: 116 KB

djms Jul 6, 2017 5:06pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
eur/aud - kinda no brainer, stops need to be slightly more on this girl due to its higher volatility thats why i dont trade it
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_12.png
Size: 85 KB

stormtrader Jul 6, 2017 5:51pm | Post# 15

eur/aud - kinda no brainer, stops need to be slightly more on this girl due to its higher volatility thats why i dont trade it {image}
Thank you for sharing D but run into some problems...
tma band does not load for me...and what are the parameters of the t3 ma...it s set to 13 but that s too fast

djms Jul 6, 2017 6:47pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you for sharing D but run into some problems... tma band does not load for me...and what are the parameters of the t3 ma...it s set to 13 but that s too fast
hmm, make sure you have the most recent build of mt4? attached again sorry i dont have the mq4 file. t3 period is 240 which is basically a 200 ma but not quite.
TMA+CG mladen.ex4

Harrisonl Jul 6, 2017 7:18pm | Post# 17

How long you have been using this strategy for? Any suggestion on the TP and SL? Thanks

djms Jul 6, 2017 10:18pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
How long you have been using this strategy for? Any suggestion on the TP and SL? Thanks
hmm trading trendlines and sr trading for bout 2 years, this template simplifies the process a bit more - id say its the hottest scalping strat there is cause your waiting on retraces in the current momentum, anyone already downloaded can see this from last nights asian session

sl 10-15 the trick is to get it as tight as possible but still avoid whipsaws, take profit when price hits opposite band or if price comes to lower band in uptrend the 1hr chart you could think about trailing your positions or close part of your position on first break of bands then pull your stop to break even then close some again if it breaks outside bands again, not 100 percent sure about tp.

gbp/jpy and all other asian pairs 2 hrs into the session we had sick moves
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_15.png
Size: 80 KB

Way2005 Jul 6, 2017 10:24pm | Post# 19

thanks for sharing
can used it in any timefram or just 1 minn

diamonddbw Jul 7, 2017 1:16am | Post# 20

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

© Forex Factory