Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Price action and trend change (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=672717)

cesar8 Jun 12, 2017 1:31pm | Post# 1

Price action and trend change

1 Attachment(s)
PRICE ACTION. COMPRESSION SPANSION AND THE 1-2-3
Hello everyone. My purpose with this thread is to remember once again that there is no more accurate indicator than the same PRICE ACTION.
There are patterns of candles such as double-roof, triple-roof, shoulder-head and other more that help identify a depletion of the current trend and the beginning of a new trend.
It is clear that to find a trend change, the current price chart must be trend, otherwise there would be a change in trend.
For this type of analysis we will only use support and resistance lines and trend lines.
Operating times: All deadlines. Particularly I use high deadlines (day), for my work schedule in Colombia.
Bullish trend: It is understood that the price is in uptrend, when the maxima that are being formed are higher than the previous maximum, just as the new minima are higher than the previous minimum.
Sales Operations:
1. There is depletion of the bullish wave; This is shown when the price goes back and in the attempt to keep going up, the price does not exceed the last highest candle and may be forming the double ceiling pattern.
2. Breakdown of the last support: It is shown when the price when not breaking the last resistance, it recovers and breaks the last support, reason why it is forming signs of change of tendency.
3. Breaking the trend line: When the price does step 2, it usually reaches to break the trend line up, and is expected to change the trend.
4. Aggressive Entry: This occurs when once the price breaks the last line of support and trend, it is expected to close the candle and open the sale operation at the beginning of the next candle.
5. Moderate entry: This occurs when the price breaks the last support and the bullish trend line, It is expected to move back towards the resistance zone before support zone, and once the price shows the first bear candle, one enters In the sale operation.
Purchase Operations: the opposite of the Sale operations.
I hope that people who work in this type of trade, contribute by contributing knowledge to improve the percentage of benefits, which as we all know, requires a good analysis before entering the market.
Excuse my bad English, for not being my mother tongue. As a picture says more than a thousand words, I enclose one of the latest sales transactions made, in a day time frame.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-12 SILVER-USD DIA.jpg
Size: 152 KB

cesar8 Jun 12, 2017 11:34pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Another operation, which goes well although a bit late
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-12 EUR-AUD DIA.jpg
Size: 150 KB

hesron Jun 13, 2017 2:50am | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
PRICE ACTION AND TREND CHANGE Hello everyone. My purpose with this thread is to recall once again the power of price action in the face of changing trends. For this I will use patterns such as double-roof, or double bass, shoulder-head-shoulders and more. For this type of analysis we will only use trendlines and support and / or resistance lines. Operating times: all time frames, particularly work in day formats, for my work schedule in Colombia. Bullish trend: It is understood that the price is in uptrend, when the highs that are forming are getting...
thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: 11.png
Size: 440 KB

cesar8 Jun 13, 2017 8:23pm | Post# 4

{quote} thanks {image}
Thanks Hesron, for your appreciation

cesar8 Jun 13, 2017 8:25pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a well-known pattern, HCH.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-13 USD-CAD D1.jpg
Size: 131 KB

cesar8 Jun 14, 2017 8:28am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
Good day, so the EUR-AUD operation, day, to date to travel 97 pips and is expected to continue to drop the price, until the next support.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-14 EUR-AUD DIA.jpg
Size: 147 KB

cesar8 Jun 14, 2017 9:51pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Patron Gartley. Highly effective
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-14 USD-CHF GARTLEY.jpg
Size: 168 KB

cesar8 Jun 14, 2017 10:23pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
EUR-AUD about to touch take profit line. 154 pips of travel in three days.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-14-1 EUR-AUD DIA.jpg
Size: 153 KB

nmiskitha Jun 14, 2017 11:18pm | Post# 9

Hello i'm interesting to day trade with my busy job want to learn more can you share the screen setup

cesar8 Jun 15, 2017 1:33pm | Post# 10

Hello i'm interesting to day trade with my busy job want to learn more can you share the screen setup
Good morning Nmiskitha, There is no template as such. The trading strategy used, is the price action, based on patterns of Candles, such as Shoulder Head Shoulder, Double Roof, Triple Roof, Gartley Pattern, ABCD Pattern and more.
On youtube you can find much of this information, which to my personal point of view such patterns are more effective than the same technical indicators.
The strategy used is to enter at the beginning of the formation of the new trend, for it is drawn lines of trend and lines of support or resistance, as in the first post.

cesar8 Jun 15, 2017 1:43pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Good day. So is the USD-CHF operation, open on June 13, 2017. I will be showing a statistic of the operations won and lost to follow a more objective follow to this strategy and you evaluate the effectiveness of it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-15 USD-CHF.jpg
Size: 146 KB

cesar8 Jun 15, 2017 1:53pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
The eur-usd, is showing a pattern of change of trend, we must wait to close the candle that is forming to make decisions.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-15 EUR-USD DIA.jpg
Size: 115 KB

Checkz Jun 15, 2017 2:20pm | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Cesar8 I'm also watching the EurUsd daily while taking a few trades off of the 1 hour chart. I use HA candles for price entry since I have never been good at calling candle patterns. Hope you don't mind me posting charts with the HA candles I am currently waiting for an A & B to form on the daily so I can then draw a sell fib. Good luck with your thread.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot (1).png
Size: 41 KB

cesar8 Jun 15, 2017 6:51pm | Post# 14

Hello Cesar8 I'm also watching the EurUsd daily while taking a few trades off of the 1 hour chart. I use HA candles for price entry since I have never been good at calling candle patterns. Hope you don't mind me posting charts with the HA candles I am currently waiting for an A & B to form on the daily so I can then draw a sell fib. Good luck with your thread. {image}
Hi, Checkz. HA candles are very useful for noise elimination. Your objective contribution will be well received.

stechi Jun 16, 2017 6:56pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Hey cesar8! Nice thread! I like trendlines and priceaction trading! I trade intraday on M1 and M5.

I analysed the EUR at the moment. Would you say this is a good setup? Would you take profit as i marked it in the chart?

EURUSDM5.png

Thx. Keep going!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM5.png
Size: 60 KB

cesar8 Jun 17, 2017 9:07am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Hey cesar8! Nice thread! I like trendlines and priceaction trading! I trade intraday on M1 and M5. I analysed the EUR at the moment. Would you say this is a good setup? Would you take profit as i marked it in the chart? EURUSDM5.png Thx. Keep going! {image}
Hi, Stechi. Your input is well received. Your analysis could be the same, it differs a bit because of the difference in the graph this by the broker. What is recommended is to draw trend lines in the following time frame, when used to enter the trading, this will make the operation more effective. To go short I would expect the price to close below the marked support zone, rebound in the resistance before support zone and would enter.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-16 EUR-USD 5M.jpg
Size: 111 KB

stechi Jun 17, 2017 2:35pm | Post# 17

{quote} Hi, Stechi. Your input is well received. Your analysis could be the same, it differs a bit because of the difference in the graph this by the broker. What is recommended is to draw trend lines in the following time frame, when used to enter the trading, this will make the operation more effective. To go short I would expect the price to close below the marked support zone, rebound in the resistance before support zone and would enter. {image}
Okay i got that. But thats not yet a confirmation of a trend change..maybe it corrects a bit deeper and then starts to continue the trend...Technically is it a counter trend trade. Even theres a double top or shs pattern the trend can continue...

How do you manage your trades?

cesar8 Jun 17, 2017 9:32pm | Post# 18

{quote} Okay i got that. But thats not yet a confirmation of a trend change..maybe it corrects a bit deeper and then starts to continue the trend...Technically is it a counter trend trade. Even theres a double top or shs pattern the trend can continue... How do you manage your trades?
The management of operations depends on several factors: the gain / loss ratio must be a minimum of 1 to 1, if this ratio is 2 to 1 excellent. For this reason it is necessary to avoid areas with great congruence of the price, and to establish profit taking in the next support or resistance according to the case.

cesar8 Jun 19, 2017 8:50pm | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
So the three operations are open last week. This pair made a step back and until today is reaching the level of day 16
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-06-19 USD-CHF.jpg
Size: 199 KB

cesar8 Jun 19, 2017 9:01pm | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
The usd has been very strong today, and this lowered the quote of the gbp, hopefully it reaches the take profit
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016-12-19 GBP-USD D1.jpg
Size: 198 KB

© Forex Factory