Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   5 years and still no strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=656830)

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 1:00am | Post# 2541

{quote} Traders will lose money if they follow another trader who trades a different style of trading. You are not me. I am not you. Our beliefs on the market and trading are different. We trade differently. In my opinion, giving live calls is one of the worst ways to help another trader.
Ofc live calls will not help other traders but it will prove what you have advocated and preached. Pls stay in context and spew other rubbish.

Hehe

AlastorFate Jul 23, 2018 1:12am | Post# 2542

{quote} Ofc live calls will not help other traders but it will prove what you have advocated and preached. Pls stay in context and spew other rubbish. Hehe
Totally agree with you.

Of course, you should see trading ideas that contradict your own as nonsense or rubbish as you put it.

Profitable traders can get trade entries wrong half the time or more (and might still be profitable). What is the point of giving live calls?

Live calls prove nothing.

Oh by the way, that post of mine was just a trading perspective. You can call it rubbish if you want.

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 1:19am | Post# 2543

{quote} Totally agree with you. Of course, you should see trading ideas that contradict your own as nonsense or rubbish as you put it. Profitable traders can get trade entries wrong half the time or more (and might still be profitable). What is the point of giving live calls? Live calls prove nothing. Oh by the way, that post of mine was just a trading perspective. You can call it rubbish if you want.
Look u r not a bad dude and don't try to be and stay true to your conscience someday it can and will lead u to something nice.

Cheers

AlastorFate Jul 23, 2018 3:05am | Post# 2544

{quote} Look u r not a bad dude and don't try to be and stay true to your conscience someday it can and will lead u to something nice. Cheers
This, I disagree.

Conscience can't coexist with profitable trading.

To be a profitable trader (or trading along with big players) implies getting as many 'loser' orders/traders as possible on the other side of your trade.

The market is a brutal world, where retail traders who believe in conventional knowledge get destroyed financially (and psychologically).

It is not in my interest to change this. Neither can this ever be changed at the moment.

It is easier to take money away from retail traders than from anyone else in the market. Sad fact.

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 3:28am | Post# 2545

{quote} This, I disagree. Conscience can't coexist with profitable trading. To be a profitable trader (or trading along with big players) implies getting as many 'loser' orders/traders as possible on the other side of your trade. The market is a brutal world, where retail traders who believe in conventional knowledge get destroyed financially (and psychologically). It is not in my interest to change this. Neither can this ever be changed at the moment. It is easier to take money away from retail traders than from anyone else in the market. Sad fact....
Again u r back to your rubbish again. Trading is a zero sum game? Having Conscience means you don't lie to seem that u r a good trader and can give nonsensical advise to other people to trade profitably. See your own earlier post. Stop being a charlatan unless u can prove that u r not.
Enough of you!

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 6:17am | Post# 2546

genghistar, READ THIS . since you like proof so much. I hereby challenge you to a trading contest. Very simple. Just pure T.E., with effect from August 2018, for an entire year. T.E. is pretty much the same as live calls. Contest will only be valid if you show your T.E. If you don't have the guts to show your own trading performance, stop going all over the place asking for proof. You are not a police or moderator, so don't act like you are one! So how? Do you have the guts to take up my challenge and prove to the whole world that you are a better...
Actually u r on my ignore list but I have to respond to your post.
First I am more than willing to accept the challenge but I m not going to waste 1 year to prove anything. Moreover I would like some skin to this contest which you have ask for to make it worth my effort.
It's a simple contest with no need for TE becos my bank trading platform cannot connect to TE.
Just 5 live trading calls on the most traded pairs E/U with a minimum of 1:2 risk reward ratios. First one to score 3 out of five wins. Bet amount up to you to propose and contest can start immediately and no need to wait for 12 months to know result. Loser also must quit from FF.
Your call now.

AlastorFate Jul 23, 2018 6:38am | Post# 2547

This whole thing started because you come on to FF to read posts of traders whom you don't agree with.

That post which you disagree with was actually meant for the OP. You chose to read it and make a huge deal about it.

And are you blind not to see I have T.E. already attached? And yet you are asking for live calls, when you can monitor when I have trades activated.

My performance overall not that great, but probably acceptable at the moment.

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 6:40am | Post# 2548

{quote} Nope. 5 live calls can determine profitability of a trader. Are you kidding me? First to score? Hello, this is not soccer. This is long term trading. My rules. I don't care for short term profitability. One year. T.E. only. The higher return percentage at year end, wins. I am more of a swing trader. I get into trades only once or twice a month. Don't you even know how a proper trading contest work? And Who are you to tell people to quit FF? Are you authorized to do that? I can report you for this.
Ok I make it very easy and zero loss to you...you just make 5 live calls with rr of 1:2 and if u just need to make 3 out of 5 correct calls I will apologise to you and I will quit FF for good. Fair enough?

genghistar Jul 23, 2018 7:03am | Post# 2549

Why not 1:1? why not 1:3? I scale out of my winning positions, rendering your rules not possible to implement. And I don't do amateurish things like setting tight stop loss. Get a T.E. and we will have something. I am serious.
Idk what else to add. So you win. Enjoy your victory. Congrats.

Cheers

derekw Jul 23, 2018 7:14am | Post# 2550

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm still trying to refine and simplify my strategy based on higher low / lower high method. Now I want to trade single candlestick patterns (pinbar, doji, etc.) from H4 or D1 timeframe, and then look for entry from M15 or M30. The biggest problem for me is finding a good SR level to open the trade, but I think that over time I will manage to work it out... My strategy must be simple and effective - otherwise it doesn't make sense...
Hi Freakout.

Here is an indicator which might help you see Support and Resistance areas better. Based on the work of a famous trader, Tom Demark.

It's of some practical value. Try Oil on H1. Hope it helps.

DeMark Trendline Trader.ex4
DeMark Trendline Trader.mq4

AlastorFate Jul 23, 2018 7:14am | Post# 2551

{quote} Idk what else to add. So you win. Enjoy your victory. Congrats. Cheers
Nah, I am still a losing trader so far. Aiming for 6 month profitability for a start, and then 1 year.

Theory-wise...
I chose not to think and trade like most people, for good reasons. My ideas contradict conventional popular beliefs. I guess that is why my ideas offend many.

Thanks for the interesting debate anyway.

I am not offended at all by your reaction. It is up to you how you want to react to my ideas and posts.

- Deleted some posts -

ssuunnny Aug 18, 2018 2:55am | Post# 2552

1 Attachment(s)
Hi experienced traders, what do you make of an optimization graph like this--looks like there is a "tendency" or "pattern" that the EA becomes profitable towards the last passes during the optimization?

Click to Enlarge

Name: TesterGraph.gif
Size: 39 KB

andrei-irk Jan 7, 2019 11:04am | Post# 2553

So... I have 5 years of experience, I know price action, I know how to trade with trend, I know how to manage risk, etc., but I still don't have a strategy. Is this normal or it's a waste of time? I'm not looking for a holy grail, but for something really simple with 50% accuracy at 1:2 ratio. 3-5 trades per day during EU session and that's all. I tried to trade H1-H4 pullbacks, pivots, breakouts and many other strategies but without any success... Should I continue my searches or it's time to leave it?
U dont really know what are u saying.
Who knows shoulad u or not, only U!

abrar-ali70 Dec 5, 2019 12:16pm | Post# 2554

Contact us for Scalping strategy with 80PLus accuracy t.me/fxabr

Csfxtrading Dec 5, 2019 7:00pm | Post# 2555

So... I have 5 years of experience, I know price action, I know how to trade with trend, I know how to manage risk, etc., but I still don't have a strategy. Is this normal or it's a waste of time? I'm not looking for a holy grail, but for something really simple with 50% accuracy at 1:2 ratio. 3-5 trades per day during EU session and that's all. I tried to trade H1-H4 pullbacks, pivots, breakouts and many other strategies but without any success... Should I continue my searches or it's time to leave it?
I'm new to FF, but not new to trading. I think at this point, or at some point look at the strengths you have which align well with profitable trading. Put those to the side and inspect your weaknesses as these are the only thing holding you back from consistent daily gains.

1) Don't listen to everyone, or even me if it doesn't make sense to your intuition. Think of the correlation to statistics here, 90% of traders lose over the long period and 90% of traders will tell you exactly the same thing.

2) Time frame is critical to your personality type as a trader. 90% will tell you look at the higher time frames, but again 90% are not profitable.

Isolate what works for you, keep that safe. Then dissect where your failures come in, then inspect those as to why they are failures. Usually the answer is the same, lagging analysis.

jmflukeiii Dec 6, 2019 10:24am | Post# 2556

Thank you for all replies For the last 4 years I was spending something about 10 hours daily in front of MT4 and for the last 2 years I was trading without any indicators. I know how to trade with trend using HL/LH method as I always want to take a good entry. I know everything about proper money management - I always risk 2% of my account per trade with 1:2 ratio as it's easy to hit and it's the most profitable scenario (confirmed by many excel calculators, etc.). I'm a big fan of japanese candlestick patterns and I always tried to build...
Trading Plan:

1. Identify the trend: If you need help identifying the trend, there are many ways, although you said you understand HH/HL, so just use those. Once the last HL is broken, the trend is now down, and you would look to trade a pullback short. Vice versa for long.
  2. Trade pullbacks in the trend using japanese candlestick patterns of your choice in between the 38.2 and 61.8 retracement of the most recent leg, or at significant broken support/resistance.
  3. For long, the stop would go beneath the prior pullback low. The stop moves to BE once the high before the pullback where you entered is reached. Trail stop behind each new higher low.
  4. Opposite for short.

That is a system that you could write down and use based on the knowledge you have said you have and the ideas that you like and should result in profit.

I think you may be overthinking it.

1. The strategy and mechanics are actually quite simple; doing what you are supposed to do is the challenge that I imagine you are struggling with.
  2. Put your stop in the correct place (adjust position size to keep risk constant). Don't move it away and don't move it closer than it should be; both are equally as bad.
  3. Let trades run. Step away from your computer if necessary and use mechanical trailing stops.
  4. Take all trades that meet the criteria; stop cherry picking.
  5. Consistency is necessary otherwise you will inevitably choose too many losers while skipping winners.
  6. Many of the best trades look like the worst entries.
  7. You are essentially "swing" trading. 40% win rate is adequate and the R:R will compensate you as long as you manage correctly.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helps. If you like trading, continue. If you are unhappy, there are other ways to make money.

© Forex Factory