Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   5 years and still no strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=656830)

yousername May 18, 2017 12:09am | Post# 1701

{quote} These was no base salary. You lived off your profits. Those who couldn't hack it, left. Period.
Amen brother.

This is business not picnic.
Do it because you love it, not because it's fun.
If you love it, you'd sacrifice your life for it.
If you just do it for fun, you'd go broke like many other losers.

Just like marriage, you married some one because you love her not because you want to have some fun.
If you love her, you'd sacrifice your life for her and do your best to keep things in order, peace and bring joy out of your marriage to the world.
If you just want to have fun with her, better do not get married instead having a one night stand with some ho is better I reckon but you'll live in misery tho (not to mention the disease and getting broke).

yousername May 18, 2017 12:10am | Post# 1702

{quote} To change my reality
From what to what?

PayTheLimit May 18, 2017 12:20am | Post# 1703

{quote} Amen brother. This is business not picnic. Do it because you love it, not because it's fun. If you love it, you'd sacrifice your life for it. If you just do it for fun, you'd go broke like many other losers. Just like marriage, you married some one because you love her not because you want to have some fun. If you love her, you'd sacrifice your life for her and do your best to keep things in order, peace and bring joy out of your marriage to the world. If you just want to have fun with her, better do not get married instead having a one...
Trading is just a job, just like any other.

yousername May 18, 2017 12:31am | Post# 1704

{quote} ROFL. so go to school, get good grades and then a uni education then trade and lose money ? With a regular job your income is guaranteed every day, every week every month. With trading there is no guarantee of any income. In fact are more likely to lose money. Trading is job-WHAT RUBBISH
Please kindly answer my question

Quoting RondaRousey
{quote} To change my reality

From what to what?

Kanzler May 18, 2017 12:42am | Post# 1705

{quote} Trading is just a job, just like any other.
I get your point, but I feel compelled to point out some pretty amazing benefits that make this much better than "any other" job I can think of. Despite the fact that the learning curve is severe from heavy amounts of misinformation and the fact that almost nobody will teach you how to do it:

1. The income you can generate from it is, for the purposes of someone used to a wage, scaleable to an obscene degree. That is, with a fixed risk, the amount you earn is really only limited by your growing capital, to the point that you begin to influence the market and the game becomes much more difficult. As if many of us are likely to have the tens of millions of dollars necessary to do that anyway.
  2. The online nature of the job means you can live anywhere you like that has an available internet connection.
  3. As a self-employed individual, you can work when you want.
  4. In the US, you can take advantage of the 60/40 tax rule which in effect means you pay less in taxes than wage earners, including not having to pay FICA or self-employment if you set it up right iirc.

Forex trading in particular is a pretty sweet gig, if you can figure out the puzzle. I can't think of much that offers the degree of freedom and potential wealth generation as trading does.

PayTheLimit May 18, 2017 12:52am | Post# 1706

{quote} I get your point, but I feel compelled to point out some pretty amazing benefits that make this much better than "any other" job I can think of. Despite the fact that the learning curve is severe from heavy amounts of misinformation and the fact that almost nobody will teach you how to do it: The income you can generate from it is, for the purposes of someone used to a wage, scaleable to an obscene degree. That is, with a fixed risk, the amount you earn is really only limited by your growing capital, to the point that you begin to influence...
Look all this is valid, and the majority probably held true when I started. But the only thing that concerned me was paying my seat lease, my rent, and my living expenses.

PayTheLimit May 18, 2017 12:53am | Post# 1707

{quote} ROFL. so go to school, get good grades and then a uni education then trade and lose money ? With a regular job your income is guaranteed every day, every week every month. With trading there is no guarantee of any income. In fact are more likely to lose money. Trading is job-WHAT RUBBISH

Yea, but you still get up early, get on the train, and go to work. Still a job.

yousername May 18, 2017 12:59am | Post# 1708

{quote} Yea, but you still get up early, get on the train, and go to work. Still a job.
It's a job with no boss other than your self I reckon.

Kanzler May 18, 2017 1:02am | Post# 1709

{quote} It's a job with no boss other than your self I reckon.
And that is being free.

Mingary May 18, 2017 1:02am | Post# 1710

Trading is not a real job. It's a pie in the sky, piped dream, fantasy that some work on to try to solve a real problem in heir lives. As an escape from their current condition to something they think will be better... It's total delusion.

So you hate your boss, your real job and all the crap that comes with it. Retail Forex is not the solution.
... let's see.. with a real job when shit happens in your life you can take sick days or vacation or work out something with the boss and still get paid !

Imagine in trading when shit happens and you lose all your money. There are no "sick days" you can take that will allow you to not have lost your money.
It really sucks but a "real job" is far, far better than "trading as a job"
If you must insist in trying to trade in the financial markets and especially in Retail Forex, keep your real job so that you can support your addiction to trading.

Kanzler May 18, 2017 1:07am | Post# 1711

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I will add that with a real job when shit happens in your life you can take sick days or vacation or work out something with the boss and still get paid ! Imagine in trading when shit happens and you lose all your money. There are no "sick days" you can take that will allow you to not have lost your money. It really sucks but a "real job" is far, far better that "trading as a job"
Not regarding trading in particular, but self-employment in general...anybody with disposable income should have or be building an emergency fund for events like this. Hoping that your boss is going to pay you while you're in the hospital for weeks or months probably isn't the wisest financial decision. Or make sure you cover yourself with something like Aflac. Your argument isn't a good one against self-employment, and sounds like a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.
Name:  page3-img1.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  73 KB

yousername May 18, 2017 1:14am | Post# 1712

{quote} Trading is not a real job. It's a pie in the sky, piped dream, fantasy that some work on to try to solve a real problem in heir lives. As an escape from their current condition to something they think will be better... It's total delusion. So you hate your boss, your real job and all the crap that comes with it. Retail Forex is not the solution. ... let's see.. with a real job when shit happens in your life you can take sick days or vacation or work out something with the boss and still get paid ! Imagine in trading when shit happens and...
I my self have a real job in trading. I have also other businesses one is luxury car rent.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/rexpremi...=page_internal

WolGod May 18, 2017 1:17am | Post# 1713

Theres only one way to RETAIL trade and not one of you is even close.
Its simple but many layers.

Kanzler May 18, 2017 1:18am | Post# 1714

Theres only one way to RETAIL trade and not one of you is even close. Its simple but many layers.
Go away, took a quick look through your posts to see what you're so big headed about and turns out all of your posts are arrogant, worthless bullshit.

Mingary May 18, 2017 1:21am | Post# 1715

{quote} Not regarding trading in particular, but self-employment in general...anybody with disposable income should have or be building an emergency fund for events like this. Hoping that your boss is going to pay you while you're in the hospital for weeks or months probably isn't the wisest financial decision. Or make sure you cover yourself with something like Aflac. Your argument isn't a good one against self-employment, and sounds like a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle. {image}
Self employment is fine. Paycheck to paycheck is not. Trading in Retail forex is not the solution to the paycheck to paycheck hell.
There are no "self employed retail traders" that have lasted longer than the time it took them to lose all their money.
Therefore having a real job is an essential safety net.

yousername May 18, 2017 1:22am | Post# 1716

To me trading is like a TOWER OF BABYLON.
Many people speak in different tongue causing confusion and the out come is big loss, your downfall.
But praise the Lord for His Mercy that He always show me the way out of the rat traps.

PayTheLimit May 18, 2017 1:26am | Post# 1717

Look, maybe some things have changed since I started in the business. But the essence of what I'm suggesting hasn't. You cant get to second base while your still touching first. You want to be a trader, then be a trader. Good luck, PTL....

Mingary May 18, 2017 1:31am | Post# 1718

{quote} I my self have a real job in trading. I have also other businesses one is luxury car rent. https://www.facebook.com/pg/rexpremi...=page_internal
You can call it a "real Job" if you want, but apparently that is not all you do.
Therefore you don't have to rely 100 % on the trading for your source of income... very wise (;

yousername May 18, 2017 1:33am | Post# 1719

{quote} You can call it a "real Job" if you want, but apparently that is not all you do. Therefore you don't have to rely 100 % on the trading for your source of income... very wise (;
Amen brotha

WolGod May 18, 2017 2:09am | Post# 1720

{quote} Go away, took a quick look through your posts to see what you're so big headed about and turns out all of your posts are arrogant, worthless bullshit.
Lol enjoy losing son
in a couple of years ill send you proof of millions while youre still looking for the "holy grail" here on FF

© Forex Factory