Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=646790)

grandaevus Apr 5, 2017 8:04am | Post# 421

There is an other way to eliminate spread. Instead of opening buy/sell stop orders, ea can track bid price and when price touches one of your levels, ea open a market order.

So this prevents unwanted entries caused by high spread.

redfan Apr 5, 2017 8:34am | Post# 422

There is an other way to eliminate spread. Instead of opening buy/sell stop orders, ea can track bid price and when price touches one of your levels, ea open a market order. So this prevents unwanted entries caused by high spread.

would it be possible to make an EA that did this.
Thank you

grandaevus Apr 5, 2017 8:39am | Post# 423

{quote} would it be possible to make an EA that did this. Thank you
Yes, definitely.

tnandkumar Apr 5, 2017 9:18am | Post# 424

2 Attachment(s)
hi grandaevus..

i am posting two images of brokers with 4 digit and 5 digit..both showing a spread.But my 5 digit broker spread never came belo 1.4 .Now the question is can we tade when the spread is in between 1 - 2.

thank uClick to Enlarge

Name: 30.PNG
Size: 66 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: 31.PNG
Size: 93 KB

grandaevus Apr 5, 2017 9:48am | Post# 425

hi grandaevus.. i am posting two images of brokers with 4 digit and 5 digit..both showing a spread.But my 5 digit broker spread never came belo 1.4 .Now the question is can we tade when the spread is in between 1 - 2. thank u{image}{image}
If it's an ecn broker, spread has to be lower than 0.3.

If you don't pay commission, which means commission is included in the spread, maximum 0.8 is tolerable.

An EurUsd spread which is higher than these values means just one thing. Your broker is trying to screw you.

grandaevus Apr 5, 2017 9:52am | Post# 426

hi grandaevus.. i am posting two images of brokers with 4 digit and 5 digit..both showing a spread.But my 5 digit broker spread never came belo 1.4 .Now the question is can we tade when the spread is in between 1 - 2. thank u{image}{image}
If it's an ecn broker, spread has to be lower than 0.3. (max 0.2)

If you don't pay commission, which means commission is added to the spread, maximum 0.8 is tolerable.

An EurUsd spread which is higher than these values means just one thing. Your broker is trying to screw you.

romram Apr 5, 2017 9:52am | Post# 427

i pay commision its cheaper than pay for spread

zentrader8 Apr 5, 2017 10:07am | Post# 428

I am not recomending to use this strategy if you have spread 1-2 on your broker.
because this way you easily get lose or touch the SL.

zentrader8 Apr 5, 2017 10:07am | Post# 429

TOday is a lost day.
open first and second trade, both trades lost today.

zentrader8 Apr 5, 2017 10:08am | Post# 430

i pay commision its cheaper than pay for spread
eventhough its cheaper but with this strategy, and your big spread, you can easily touch SL means you can lose more than you get.

tnandkumar Apr 5, 2017 10:39am | Post# 431

{quote} If it's an ecn broker, spread has to be lower than 0.3. If you don't pay commission, which means commission is included in the spread, maximum 0.8 is tolerable. An EurUsd spread which is higher than these values means just one thing. Your broker is trying to screw you.
thanks for your reply..

tnandkumar Apr 5, 2017 10:44am | Post# 432

{quote} I am not recomending to use this strategy if you have spread 1-2 on your broker. because this way you easily get lose or touch the SL.

hi zentrader...
thanks for your reply,if possible can u post daily post your chart ....after gaining complete confidence will search and open a real account with a with a broker ,who has spread value of less than 1 for EURUSD.

Is it possible to open a demo account of brokers who has spread of less than 1 and test this startergy.if so please suggest me

thank u

Timnyman94 Apr 5, 2017 11:47am | Post# 433

{quote} hi zentrader... thanks for your reply,if possible can u post daily post your chart ....after gaining complete confidence will search and open a real account with a with a broker ,who has spread value of less than 1 for EURUSD. Is it possible to open a demo account of brokers who has spread of less than 1 and test this startergy.if so please suggest me thank u

I find ActivTrades super good.. low spreads, fast withdrawals, been running since 2001, regulated, and 24/7 support.

You can open a demo without a live account.

They are based in the UK.

zentrader8 Apr 5, 2017 11:59am | Post# 434

{quote} hi zentrader... thanks for your reply,if possible can u post daily post your chart ....after gaining complete confidence will search and open a real account with a with a broker ,who has spread value of less than 1 for EURUSD. Is it possible to open a demo account of brokers who has spread of less than 1 and test this startergy.if so please suggest me thank u
Hi tnandkumar, i alraedy send a pm to you, please read it.
THanks.

Grimweasel Apr 5, 2017 12:59pm | Post# 435

Hi Zen

Yup loser day today but no big deal as system has delieverd a run of wins. To be expected. Could be tight market ahead of Fed Minutes at 2pm (US). The ATR had closed right into 11 this morning and I nearly didn't put the trades on because of this. Lesson for future maybe?

Has anyone managed to backtest this system using Amibroker? www.TrueFx.com offers free tick data for those who can code Amibroker and are able to test. This would be useful as by changing the candle times we could target the best performing hour (as you know I trade the US using this system 1.5hrs after the equity open, so 1600 UK time candle close. EurUsd not great at this time, but Eurjpy performs much better, albeit with 1.1pip spread - offset by larger ATR.)

Grimweasel Apr 5, 2017 3:08pm | Post# 436

1 Attachment(s)
US Session m30 EurJpy TP Hit. 1600 UK Summer Time candle.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2017-04-05_2006.png
Size: 45 KB

redfan Apr 5, 2017 3:30pm | Post# 437

{quote} I find ActivTrades super good.. low spreads, fast withdrawals, been running since 2001, regulated, and 24/7 support. You can open a demo without a live account. They are based in the UK.
I notice you recommend ACTIV TRADES . I'm thinking of changing my broker. I'm currently with ETX , the spread for EUR/USD is min 0.6 and average is 0.81. but Leverage is only 1.200,
I have look at ACTIV site and noticed the spread was better AND the leverage WAS 1.400
I would like to know if you've open a real account. And now you've found them with withdrawals. And do they mind you scalping.
I would appreciate any advice,
thank you.

grandaevus Apr 5, 2017 11:28pm | Post# 438

TOday is a lost day. open first and second trade, both trades lost today.
Zen, taking the second recovery trade with triple lot size is not a good idea.

Now, you need 6 consecutive wins in a row .

One trade per day is more than enough.

tnandkumar Apr 5, 2017 11:38pm | Post# 439

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi tnandkumar, i alraedy send a pm to you, please read it. THanks.

hi zen....even with icetrader ,spread is showing from 1 to 1.5

Click to Enlarge

Name: 32.PNG
Size: 214 KB

zentrader8 Apr 5, 2017 11:46pm | Post# 440

{quote} I notice you recommend ACTIV TRADES . I'm thinking of changing my broker. I'm currently with ETX , the spread for EUR/USD is min 0.6 and average is 0.81. but Leverage is only 1.200, I have look at ACTIV site and noticed the spread was better AND the leverage WAS 1.400 I would like to know if you've open a real account. And now you've found them with withdrawals. And do they mind you scalping. I would appreciate any advice, thank you.
Actually for this kind of strategy i recomended a broker which has less than 0.5 pips , because sometimes if you use BE +1 at 8 pips even 0.1, or 0.2 pips do counts. it keeps you on the trade, if your trade is too big, then its easier to get kick out of trade.
I myself use icmarkets. the spread for eurusd pair is 0 pips, sometimes 0.1 or 0.2 (mostly is 0 or 0.1 pips) which is very good.
the leverage is bigger , can use 1:500 .
so i think you can try to open the demo/real account.
You can use this link to open the account.
https://icmarkets.com/?camp=9995
(using the link will give you discount rate on the commision)

Hope it can helps .

© Forex Factory