Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Renko and fractals (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=641760)

Alberto_Jazz Feb 20, 2017 5:42am | Post# 1

Renko and fractals

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I want to share this system im developing.

Its based on renko charts with upper and lower fractals.

You can follow the trades with my explorer Renko Fractals. Do not pay attention to the historic, because Im setting the expert and I had many errors before. Now I hope it works well.

Currency pairs at the moment, to avoid higher correlation: EURUSD, EURJPY, AUDUSD and GOLD (Im opened to suggestions about this).

10 pips block size.

Basically, I define 2 pattern groups:

Group 1: these patterns are related to a bounce from the last fractal. The aim of this patterns is to play with support and resistance zones.

Pattern 1 = Close[3]>Low Fractal && Open[2]>Low Fractal
&& Close[1]<Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 2 = Close[2]>Previous Low Fractal && Close[1]<Previous Low Fractal && Low Fractal>Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 3 = Low[0]>Low Fractal && Low[0]<Low Fractal+(Open[1]-Close[1])/2 && Open[1]+(Open[1]-Close[1])<High Fractal-(Open[1]-Close[1]) && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal && Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 4 = Low[0]<Low Fractal && Close[1]>Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 5 = Close[3]<Open[3] && Close[2]>Open[2] && Close[1]<Open[1]
&& Close[2]>Low Fractal && Low[2]<Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal

(reverse for short patterns)

Group 2: these patterns are related to entry in a trend just after a new fractal is defined, if and when the market give us the possibility to entry in the new trend.

Pattern 6 = Low[3]==Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[3]>Open[3] && Close[2]>Open[2] && Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 7 = Low[4]==Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[4]>Open[4] && Close[3]>Open[3] && Close[2]>Open[2] && Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 8 = Low[6]==Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[5]>Open[5] && Close[4]>Open[4] && Close[3]>Open[3] && Close[2]<Open[2] && Close[1]<Open[1]

Pattern 9 = Low[6]==Low Fractal && Low Fractal<Previous Low Fractal
&& Close[6]>Open[6] && Close[5]>Open[5] && Close[4]>Open[4] && Close[3]>Open[3] && Close[2]<Open[2] && Close[1]<Open[1]

(reverse for short patterns)

I usually risk 1% every trade and I put the stop on the opposite side of the current bar, using stop orders.

I divide the position in this way
50% closed with risk/reward 1 (if this target is reached, then I have a free trade on the other 50%).
25% closed with risk/reward 2
25% closed with risk/reward 4

In this way:
- the expected risk/reward is 2
- I need at least 33% win to breakeven

Please find attached the expert (5 digit brokers), the mqh files (copy the mqh files in the include folder) and my template. The template is very simple because we only need fractals.
Renko & Fractals.zip

Alberto_Jazz Feb 20, 2017 8:04am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Now I'm short on EURJPY (half position closed @ RR 1) and long on the same pair.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM2.png
Size: 27 KB

Alberto_Jazz Feb 20, 2017 8:05am | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
Long on EURUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM2.png
Size: 24 KB

kofix11 Feb 22, 2017 4:14pm | Post# 4

Thanks Alberto!
What renko indicator do you use?
I don't understand exactly when to trade Group 1 or 2. Can you explain with a whart?
Why do you have .mqh-files?
Sorry about my questions but I'm interested.

thangnd.1211 Feb 22, 2017 9:23pm | Post# 5

thank bro for great system
i love renko chart so much and usually trading with it
keep go on

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 1:57am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using this expert for Renko charts, but there are many others here on FF.

I'm still trying do define properly the patterns, please be patient.

The expert can trade with every pattern in every moment.

Group 1 are patterns to identify a rebound from a support (or resistance for short trades).

Group 2 are patterns to identify an entry point just after a new fractal is completed: if a new fractal is completed we try to capture the new trend, if and when the market give us the possibility to entry.
(E) RenkoLiveChart_v600.1.ex4

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 2:25am | Post# 7

This is a naked trading strategy. No indicators, no other stuffs.

Only price action.

arya.aryaee Feb 23, 2017 3:31am | Post# 8

This is a naked trading strategy. No indicators, no other stuffs. Only price action.
Thankyou Alberto for share this useful method !
may ask you show your 2 methods on the picture ? it is hard for me to understand your logic by statements .

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 5:10am | Post# 9

{quote} Thankyou Alberto for share this useful method ! may ask you show your 2 methods on the picture ? it is hard for me to understand your logic by statements .
Yes I understand this point, I'll post some graph when I'll reach my platform.

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 3:59pm | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
For instance you can see a short pending order for pattern number 3 on GOLD.

If you use the attached expert you should see "Short 3" in the order comment.
Name:  GOLDM2.png
Views: 2906
Size:  17 KB

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 4:02pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Buy pending order on EURJPY, pattern 1 (Long 1 in the order comment if you use the expert).
Name:  EURJPYM2.png
Views: 2934
Size:  20 KB

Alberto_Jazz Feb 23, 2017 4:04pm | Post# 12

Group 1 patterns is riskier than Group 2.

With Group 1 we play with a support or resistance zone, so we are fighting the trend.

With Group 2 we try to find an entry point in a potential new trend, because a new fractal was just formed.

metta87 Feb 23, 2017 7:10pm | Post# 13

Group 1 patterns is riskier than Group 2. With Group 1 we play with a support or resistance zone, so we are fighting the trend. With Group 2 we try to find an entry point in a potential new trend, because a new fractal was just formed.
Whats so hard about laying the rules of your system properly ??also how can you say this is a naked system when you are using Fractals!!?
please we are waiting for clear rules my friend.

Alberto_Jazz Feb 24, 2017 2:06am | Post# 14

If you are not able to read very easy mql code, it's not my problem.

Upper and lower fractals are not indicators, they are only previous high and low.

© Forex Factory